[official] The Jyp Tour Auditions 2008

Guest love=music=life

love=music=life - thanks for the preview on the apps!

hey love=music=life i'm also a composer so can i give him a demo CD of my work ; should i include lyrics; and should i put it in those brown large envelopes?? like the manila folder ones??? Is the JYP Team [w/out JYP] accepting such things??

And when are they going to announce other places of auditions?? I need to know ASAP. Are they coming to San Francisco? Because im going out of the US over the summer. So should i just send my CD to the NY one, so they could listen to it? And what is the NY address? Because people had posted on soompi different ones and i don't know how to label it cause it's all different.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pencilz

if your gunna danec/sing you need music anyways.

unless you mean that its a different music for each category, but you wont have time for 2 so yeah

sing+dance 2gether

Guest love=music=life

love=music=life - thanks for the preview on the apps!

hey love=music=life i'm also a composer so can i give him a demo CD of my work ; should i include lyrics; and should i put it in those brown large envelopes?? like the manila folder ones??? Is the JYP Team [w/out JYP] accepting such things??

And when are they going to announce other places of auditions?? I need to know ASAP. Are they coming to San Francisco? Because im going out of the US over the summer. So should i just send my CD to the NY one, so they could listen to it? And what is the NY address? Because people had posted on soompi different ones and i don't know how to label it cause it's all different.

Composers and Lyricists are not included in the upcoming JYP Tour Auditions.

So, for that, you would just have to send your work like a regular mail in audition to the JYP in Korea.

For the address for JYPE Korea, look at the Auditioning in General Thread.

Future locations will be released as soon as they are confirmed but currently, it's just LA and NY.

how should we tell the judges that we are doing two catagories?

Write it on your application that you are auditioning for two categories.

And if the judges have you introduce yourself just say,

"My name is __________ and I'm auditioning for __________ and __________.

if your gunna danec/sing you need music anyways.

unless you mean that its a different music for each category, but you wont have time for 2 so yeah

sing+dance 2gether

Who says you won't have enough time to do both?

I have yet to have heard anyone say that you are suppose to sing and dance together.

Please do not post answers to questions if you have not confirmed the information with JYPE.

You will be able to audition for whatever categories you audition for separately.

For instance if you are auditioning for Modeling and MC, you will NOT have to Model and MC at the same time, that's absurd.

Also, you are not allowed to have music while you are singing anyways.

Sorry if I sound rude, it's just that I do not what false information to be released because then I get a flood of questions and PMs from people who become confused by the conflicting information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and while I'm at it....

I've been constantly saying to be over prepared but I never really gave you any suggestions as to how you should be over prepared..

(Most of this is for the singing auditions....)

• Memorize your lyrics! Please do not read off the lyrics when auditioning, that looks REALLY bad.
    I witnessed this when I was at the SM auditions in LA last year.
    If you feel that you might forget your lyrics when you get nervous, have a copy of them in your bag or something.
    BUT PLEASE don't have it in your hand for you to read off of.

• Have a backup song.
    In case the judges ask you to sing a different song.
    I suggest that you prepare 2 songs and first audition with the song you are most comfortable with.

Guest love=music=life

you have 1 min for the auditions, its on the ad

Yes, but it doesn't state whether it's one minute per category or one minute per person.

And the judges are not going to have stopwatch to time each person.

If they want to see/hear more they may or may not ask for more.

Ok let's see... so far JYP is not coming

auditions are creeping up =(

I stopped practicing two weeks ago because of school (I wonder how the girls balance stardom and school @_@)

and because of that I forgot my choreography

Well I hope these here auditions will be tons of fun!!

Ohh I also was curious about where we would be auditioning so I typed it all up on map quest

and clicked "inside the banquet," once I got to the site, and I guess we'll be performing on carpet?

Well today is Friday time to practice! FIGHTING!<3

Guest taylorkabaylor

depends on your voice....

for experience can we add how many years we've played an instrument?

Guest nam202

HI!! i had a question..

I wrote a song down on the app and already sent it in..

but i found a song that BETTER fits my range and voice

so i was wondering if i can change it..

when i get therE?

Guest MonsterCrew-1-Tech-

who is 100% sure that we are not allowed to bring in our own instrumental on a cd.

i kinda have a feeling that they would allow people to use instrumentals cuz its not like the instrumental is gonna cover your voice at all. plus im pretty sure the dancers would bring in a cd of their instrumental to match their routine with the beat they've been using to practice with.

Guest musicpoplove

who is 100% sure that we are not allowed to bring in our own instrumental on a cd.

i kinda have a feeling that they would allow people to use instrumentals cuz its not like the instrumental is gonna cover your voice at all. plus im pretty sure the dancers would bring in a cd of their instrumental to match their routine with the beat they've been using to practice with.

ok for ANYYYYY audition its ACCAPELLA. SM YG, JYP, DSP all for singing unless its like 2nd round. It says it on the forum/the JYPE manager people said it.

you can bring it for your comfort, and ask anyway but i doubt it

Guest LucKy#1

Just give an estimate. What were you the last time you checked?

I was in eighth grade. im in 9th grade now.

MonsterCrew[1-Tech]: i'm guessing you really want to sing with music, cause you've been asking that question so many times haha. but if you look at past JYP auditions, ALL of the singing is done acapella, no exceptions. Most of the dancing does have music though.

Guest soccerinkorea

are they going to give us a mic?

No mic lol, its a audition..., not a contest like superstar survival and american idol

Guest happyheartmee

Hmm I havea question, if I wear contacts, in the application, where it says Eyesight, would I put my eyesight without my contacts? or just put 20/20?

Archived