[official] The Jyp Tour Auditions 2008

Guest love=music=life

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

Most likely yes.

When you go to audition, tell them what you want to audition for most first,

then, tell them your second audition choice and

most likely they will allow you the time.

Hopefully that made sense.

wait so like

you'll audition for like singing first [example]

then leave and wait again and then

audition for dance? [another example]

is that what you mean?

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheVocalistZ

It says to prepare 1 verse of a song.

I was planning on singing H.O.T's Hope. But i'm not sure how much of it to sing. It says 1 paragraph.

So I was thinking just the chorus. But that would be only like 16-19 seconds long. Would it be okay to sing the bridge and the chorus near the end. (The last part by Kangta, and the chorus).

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

It says to prepare 1 verse of a song.

I was planning on singing H.O.T's Hope. But i'm not sure how much of it to sing. It says 1 paragraph.

So I was thinking just the chorus. But that would be only like 16-19 seconds long. Would it be okay to sing the bridge and the chorus near the end. (The last part by Kangta, and the chorus).

go for it

just sing what you want for about a minute

like for example

i'm singing BIG BANG's - we belong together

the chorus and GD's first verse

that's about 56 seconds

so yea

just sing whatever part

xDDDDDD

as long as it's a minute

goodluck with practice

godbless

Guest Xoxlily

what i'm planning to sing is like.. 40secs long.. buti 'm just gonna keep singing until they stop me... i think that makes more sense, to use up all the time you cna possibly get? lol

if it's only like.. 16 secs long.. i think you should sing a bit more.. =D

i hope it doens't end too late.. or else there won't be too many trains and buses... and then i'll be stuck in NYC.... that won't be good

Guest -JING-

blehck! <--that didn't make much sense.

first time in the thread (:

I just found out about JYP auditions around a week or two ago, and I'm trying out for singing and dancing.

but I really am horrible at choreographing in a short amount of time.

(I need time to clean up my moves, get them to 'flow' add finishing touches etc)

I already started choreographing (yesterday o_o;), but I didn't get that far.

(plus I have LOADS of schoolwork this week so I won't get a chance to work on it until thursday)

if I do that choreography for the auditions, it'll look really amateur.

so, I'm wondering if I should just freestyle?

or will that look bad, like I didn't bother choreographing a routine? ToT

if they ask me if I choreographed that dance and I say that I just free styled, it'll seem like I didn't put effort into this.

I'm seriously having a nervous breakdown D:

I'd appreciate it if you share your opinions.

but at least my singing is going fine (:

Guest HuynhD

blehck! <--that didn't make much sense.

first time in the thread (:

I just found out about JYP auditions around a week or two ago, and I'm trying out for singing and dancing.

but I really am horrible at choreographing in a short amount of time.

(I need time to clean up my moves, get them to 'flow' add finishing touches etc)

I already started choreographing (yesterday o_o;), but I didn't get that far.

(plus I have LOADS of schoolwork this week so I won't get a chance to work on it until thursday)

if I do that choreography for the auditions, it'll look really amateur.

so, I'm wondering if I should just freestyle?

or will that look bad, like I didn't bother choreographing a routine? ToT

if they ask me if I choreographed that dance and I say that I just free styled, it'll seem like I didn't put effort into this.

I'm seriously having a nervous breakdown D:

I'd appreciate it if you share your opinions.

but at least my singing is going fine (:

o:

why don't you use an already made choreography?

Guest -JING-

o:

why don't you use an already made choreography?

I've considered that as well, but I've decided to rule it out because:

a. I don't have enough time to learn a whole choreography and make it look good in less than a week. not to mention that I will most likely be too busy with schoolwork on half of these days.

b. I don't feel comfortable doing someone else's dance in an audition where you have to show your own talent & ability. it just....bugs me?

thanks for helping, anyway [: I appreciate it.

why am I always stuck in such ANNOYING situations like this one? ARGH.

-rips hair out- figuratively of course (:

Guest TheVocalistZ

Oh what. Okay. Yeah you're right. I should just prepare 1 minute and tell them to cut me off whenever XD;;

As to the dancing part. I think it'd be better to make your own choreography unless if you're not that great at choreographing. It's like singing a song you wrote. I wrote a song, but it sounds not that great without an instrumental so I think I'm goin to pass on that.

Guest Pencilz

they gunna teach you how to dance if you make it in anyways.

i dont think wonder girls were pro dancers to begin with. they had to learn.

besides, if you make it in, you have like 7 years you know. dun worry a lot of time <3

that is if you make it in 0.o

HAR HAR IMMA SING KELLY CLARKSON SINCE YU BEEN GONE (i think)

Guest Xoxlily

^ ..... ahh same here ... my songs are not ready to be heard ... lol haha~~~~

@ [JING] i'm freestyling the dance... although if they told me to do the same thing i did twice... they would not look the same at all... lol... but they would never ask me that... lol

Guest -JING-

pencilz- it's not that I'm BAD at dancing. it's just, with the time I have remaining, I'm afraid I'll forget my choreography or totally screw it up at the auditions because I didn't have enough time to practice if I had TWO WEEKS instead of only one, I would've had enough time .__.;

xoxlily- lol, yea they'll say "can you do that dance again?" "um.....I just free styled it" "Oh, so you didn't make your own routine?" "eh -panics- no ><" "okay... You may leave now" I'll be so disappointed. I guess I have to work extra hard on my singing now.

by the way, I'm singing I will by zhang li yin. yea, it'll be really overused at the auditions, but Y will probably be more popular...I think. and I really wanted to sing a mandarin pop song. but a lot of the songs are too easy (anyone can sing them) they don't show off your range/abilities etc.

i just asked my mom if i can go to the doctor for it.. and she's like "oh calm down, i'll get better in a few days"

but this puff is prettii big... soak face in warm water? i think i'm going to do that too.. lol.

i only have 6 days left until auditions.... so yea... that's 6 days for this puff thing in my eye to disappear...

after 20 pages of posts in this topic... i really can't imagine anyone with any other questions.. since most of them were just reposts anyways... lol let's see.. what else is there to ask? lol~~~

Good Luck to everyone at auditions =D

wow ur eye puffed? that's happened to me before like when i was little someone stepped in my eye yea lol dont ask and various other times...

hope it gets better :]

2 wkssss!!

pencilz- it's not that I'm BAD at dancing. it's just, with the time I have remaining, I'm afraid I'll forget my choreography or totally screw it up at the auditions because I didn't have enough time to practice if I had TWO WEEKS instead of only one, I would've had enough time .__.;

xoxlily- lol, yea they'll say "can you do that dance again?" "um.....I just free styled it" "Oh, so you didn't make your own routine?" "eh -panics- no ><" "okay... You may leave now" I'll be so disappointed. I guess I have to work extra hard on my singing now.

by the way, I'm singing I will by zhang li yin. yea, it'll be really overused at the auditions, but Y will probably be more popular...I think. and I really wanted to sing a mandarin pop song. but a lot of the songs are too easy (anyone can sing them) they don't show off your range/abilities etc.

i think freestyling is ok. it shows you can make up moves on the spot, thats a good thing. like me i can't freestyle i look werid -.-;;;

i choreographed (finished! yay) but yea finishing touches...but i don't like my end it doesn't flow at all X_x

Guest Pencilz

some dude won the audition by dancing to neyo and all he did was do some free styling and got in.

he wasnt even that good if you ask me, cant break dance or anything

you can youtube him up

he danced to NeYo-So Sick he was a member on some T.V showwwww

Guest Seulmin

um i have a stupid question

Do we HAVE to print out an application and take it there, because the poster says apply is allowed the spot.

sorry, if you already answered this >__<

Guest HuynhD

I've considered that as well, but I've decided to rule it out because:

a. I don't have enough time to learn a whole choreography and make it look good in less than a week. not to mention that I will most likely be too busy with schoolwork on half of these days.

b. I don't feel comfortable doing someone else's dance in an audition where you have to show your own talent & ability. it just....bugs me?

thanks for helping, anyway [: I appreciate it.

why am I always stuck in such ANNOYING situations like this one? ARGH.

-rips hair out- figuratively of course (:

asd;asjfk

wording was weird on my first reply.

How about mixing bewteen a choreography and a freestyle?

Plan moves at certain parts of the song,

And for the rest, improvise.

Guest fanfre

i have a question regarding the eyesight thing. sorry 'cause this topic has been asked a lot. but i know that my eyesight is 20/20 with glasses (i don't wear contacts). but i don't know my eyesight without glasses. so should i put 20/20 WITH glasses or should i just put N/A like someone asked?

Guest HuynhD

um i have a stupid question

Do we HAVE to print out an application and take it there, because the poster says apply is allowed the spot.

sorry, if you already answered this >__<

Yes you do.

i have a question regarding the eyesight thing. sorry 'cause this topic has been asked a lot. but i know that my eyesight is 20/20 with glasses (i don't wear contacts). but i don't know my eyesight without glasses. so should i put 20/20 WITH glasses or should i just put N/A like someone asked?

They want your eyesight withOUT glasses.

So write N/A.

Guest ms.minhwan_choi

ok guys.. i cant go >.<

rarrr!! soo... WISH YOU ALL A GOOD LUCK~!!

GRR... why cant they come to CANADA???

i was gonna fly to newyork for my birthday.. cuz the auditions for new york was on my birthday

well anyways good luck to all!!

p.s.

for dance.. umm.. use like power movements.. like kinda aggressive

like remember SMOOTH AND SHARP moves..

btw i take dance soo ppl i KNOW what i'm talking about..

and also use different lvls.. it helps loads!!

i had the best dance that i choregraphed for the auditions anyways yeahh :S

soo good luck to all!!

Guest love=music=life

wait so like

you'll audition for like singing first [example]

then leave and wait again and then

audition for dance? [another example]

is that what you mean?

They didn't tell me exactly how. I suggest that when you go up to audition, say that you are auditioning for

________ and __________. But do/say the one you want to do more first.

If I didn't answer any of your questions, it probably means that someone else answered it correctly.

ALSO, thank you everyone who is helping me answer questions,

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Archived