Jyp Audition 2008- La And Ny

Guest musicpoplove

Guest le_briana

HOLY BAJEEBUS!!!!

i'm so stoked for this. ahhaha

well, i'll try. but i want to meet you soompiers. so you allll better go!!!!!!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest musicpoplove
So does the audition last the whole day? Does anyone know when it's going to end? I might have competitions that day, so i need to know when it ends... >_>

thers probably going to be a line of people before 1, and the auditoin will start before 1, like any auditoin because of alot of people.

it will end soemtime during night

I HAVE A QUESTION..

this might sound really stupid..

but for the auditions..

if you are trying out for singing, they might make you dance right?

what do you do.. .DANCE..HOW? like.. just free style the way you would anywhere?!

and if you need to learn a dance, do you learn a dance an artist has already done

or make your own moves.. wat do you do?!!!

will it's called a freestyle, (i am pretty sure thres a freestyle at the end) they put a random dance-able music on, and then they tell people to dance freestyle. you just dace to the music, have some mooves on your head and just do pop dance moves. you can get moves by watching like boa's music videos or hyori's msuic video or other pop artists who dance well and get small moves, put them together, and dance for the freestyle. for simple stuff, like doing a body wave.

I HAVE A QUESTION..

this might sound really stupid..

but for the auditions..

if you are trying out for singing, they might make you dance right?

what do you do.. .DANCE..HOW? like.. just free style the way you would anywhere?!

and if you need to learn a dance, do you learn a dance an artist has already done

or make your own moves.. wat do you do?!!!

basically its freestyle. they want to see what moves you have. but if you decide to tryout for dance, then you could either freestyle or you could choreograph something. and you dont need to learn a dance, it's not required that you do.

thers probably going to be a line of people before 1, and the auditoin will start before 1, like any auditoin because of alot of people.

it will end soemtime during night

ty. ^^ well im going 2 the LA one but im pretty sure its the same. if they had one last year, did it end at night too?

Guest Ella_Kwan

OMG!!! I SERIOULY DONT WANT JYP THERE AT ALL!!!

HE'S THE BIGGEST PERFECTIONIST EVER!

Be/c my boyfriend's friend worked for him and she was like he's scary!

SOO SCARED OF HIM!!!!

I would like freak, if he was there~

ER~~~ must PREPARE!!! hehe!!!

Guest cloudxsayuu;
OMG!!! I SERIOULY DONT WANT JYP THERE AT ALL!!!

HE'S THE BIGGEST PERFECTIONIST EVER!

Be/c my boyfriend's friend worked for him and she was like he's scary!

SOO SCARED OF HIM!!!!

I would like freak, if he was there~

ER~~~ must PREPARE!!! hehe!!!

LOL! i know he does sound / look scary!

But I think I would love for him to be there O_O;

That way he can judge for himself what he wants

instead of other people right? (:

Guest musicpoplove

i WANT HIM TO BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since he judges SO... passionly :)

HERE IS WHAT JYP LOOKS FOR!!!

-Passion

-will to give up anything

-being in front of camera (CONFIDENCE)

-talent

-(and osmething else i forgot)

this is what he said with his own mouth.

you need to have LOTS of CONFIDENCE. He had said PASSION is the MOST important. So when you go to the audition, be confident with the judges. ;)

Guest superhaein

damn it why can't NY be saturday =(

but im deff going

oh btw.

can there be two singers trying out at the same time?

& also, can i get the form site????

cos i downloaded but it doesnt open

& also, do we bring our own CD .. to dance & sing??

or do you have to sing live?

& what songs are good to sing at the audition?

i actually want JYP to be there...

i saw him a lot b4 when he used to work in LA, alot..

he always had buisness dinners at this one restaurant,,,

where i went to with family n friends a lot... hahhaaa

but anyway. yea.

Thanks to all the answers to my question about the freestyle dance, ive been trying to get sum moves down,.

but you know, i think that confidence, passsion and the will to learn will help cover the lesser parts of the dancing.. -_-

hopefully... 0_0

anyway.. if you guys dont mind, please critique me on how i sound...

the link is under my banner. thanks. so much..

and for those who seriously are working their butts off for the audition, like me,

heres a high five! and a good luck, and a ajaja fighting!

Guest simply_dream

QUESTION!

the app is in xls form i dont have a program to open it, does anyone know where else can i get a different format of the app?

thanks

do u think we should prepare an american song korean song or both?

I think that you should prepare what you are most comfortable with ..whether it be English or Korean...

but for me personally...I'm preparing a couple of songs..just in case they make me sing more or what not...

i had a question again..

do we sing into a mic or just..

and it is probably filmed right? will it be seen by the standby audition peeps

^ oh no haven't thought about that.... stress level back up whaa

right when I kinda found my audition song aigooo need some backups just in case

please February slow dooown

Guest musicpoplove

REPLYED QUESTIONS

damn it why can't NY be saturday =(

but im deff going

oh btw.

can there be two singers trying out at the same time?

& also, can i get the form site????

cos i downloaded but it doesnt open

& also, do we bring our own CD .. to dance & sing??

or do you have to sing live?

& what songs are good to sing at the audition?

two singers trying out? like duet? i dont think so.

the form is for email or you can sign up there. it's jype.com/audition.town

THE SINGING IS ACCAPELLA!!! NO CDDDDD OR INSTRUMENTALLL LOL.

THERE IS NO DANCE PART FOR JYP!!!!!! only freestyle. they put a random dance music on, and you dance to it

for auditions ,sing a R&B, SLOW SONG SO it shows your VOICE. not leehyori or jumpy pop songs.

is JYP interested in rappers?

just wondering.

im pretty sure they are, but not like rappers only. like yoobin from wondergirls, she raps but she SINGS also. so you should be able to sing also if you wanna rap

QUESTION!

the app is in xls form i dont have a program to open it, does anyone know where else can i get a different format of the app?

thanks

so far as i kow ALL forms are in Xls because the form was made that way, so you really cant put it into differnt program unless someone tralsfered all the materials to a different program. but to send it to email, they probably wont wnt to get it in different program.

do u think we should prepare an american song korean song or both?

my suggestion is american song, because alot of trainnies got into jyp from american songs, if you see their auditions. korean songs are good but theyu are less powerful. but prepare BOTH if they like you they'll tell you to sing again possably.

I think that you should prepare what you are most comfortable with ..whether it be English or Korean...

but for me personally...I'm preparing a couple of songs..just in case they make me sing more or what not...

i had a question again..

do we sing into a mic or just..

and it is probably filmed right? will it be seen by the standby audition peeps

this is accapella(?) [canspell..]/ no mic, just your voice. just like any open audition. they film you too, they go back to you later and other ppl judge you. but i think they only go back to those that the judges liked in the live recording instead of looking over 5000 people's tapes.

Guest musicpoplove

are we allowed to audition together with a friend

\

i answered that question above,

but again, the answer is no.

this is self-independent thing, but your friend can be next to you, in the room if you are the same/close number

some of these questions aren't answered by the poster or the site, so i'm just wondering, but do you have a credible source to back up all your answers since you don't work for JYP and therefore, really wouldn't know too much on the JYP auditions that are going to be held in LA + NY specifically (not the auditions for JYP in korea because actually, the rules could be different)?

if you don't have a credible source and you really have no background info about this (previous audition experience doesn't really count), i suggest you don't answer the questions that are really specific (besides general audition question that can apply to any type of audition, not just JYP) because some of the things you said are CONTRADICTING what love=music=life posted and she has a credible source since she is helping the JYP staff on this and can ask them questions directly.

Guest l0vel0vek0rean

ahhh sorry if this had been asked~but will the audition be held in SF or any other cities too??? ahhh i seriously want they to come to SF....LA is sooo far~lol

Archived