What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Guest shinhbang

Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon

That is my FAVE! Love that book, and ya gotta love that man, Acheron. Did I say man? I meant God.

I'm currently reading "No Mercy" by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Great book so far!

Guest celina86

Finished reading: Red Lotus by Pai Kit Fai

It absolutely touched my heart, it was breathtaking, heartwrenching... it left me in tears

This book was really hard to put down - I had finished reading it in 3 days

This book is highly recommended!

Finished reading: Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella

Another book hard putting down - It was absolute fun and exciting reading this book... it`s hilarious, engaging and a romantic story with a great ending!

Currently reading: The Birthing House by Christopher Ransom

It`s a horror genre and I`m already engaged to it.

Guest pritpig

i'm finally reading Lord of the Rings. i meant to read it years ago but ... i don't know. haha.

Hopefully you can finish the book. I have been reading it years ago and I never quite bring myself to finish it :D. My long term goal in life is to finish reading the top 100 novels of all time, which means someday I will proudly say I read Lord of the Rings hehe.

Last night, I read the book "richard simmons My Dad Says" of Justin Halpern. I was laughing out loud with this book. And not only the laugh, the wisdom quotes delivered in the foul language by Mr 70-year-old Sam Halpern sometimes make me think deep about the quote. The book is not super great but I feel weird about it. Probably, it is because no one has ever written this kind of book with a lot of foul languages before. No wonder does it receive such a hype. Does anyone read the book yet and what do you think?

Guest nigrilaforever

i'm reading Dan Brown's 'Angels & Demons'. Its a prequel to 'The DaVinci Code', and great too. Love both these books

Guest supereccabol

Me too!

I did have a hard time during the first part of the book as some had mentioned earlier. For me it was more of an issue of familiarizing myself with their way of speaking, which is reflected in all of the narrative.

it's so hard for me to get into pride and prejudice, atonement, sense and sensibility...those type of book. I really want to but when i start reading it, it doesn't seem interesting. Is it really good? I've been hearing great things about price and prejudice.

I had a hard time too when I was just starting to read classics. My love for classics started when we are forced to read Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy. Although it's more of a poem, nonetheless the tone of the lit is just the same.  Then we had to read some Shakespeare classics way back in highschool for a lit class... and that the rest is history. So, I think it would be difficult to answer if it's really good. I guess it depends upon who reads it. I have an appreciation for classics so it follows that I say it's good. but if you're having a hard time getting into it, then you can always watch the movie versions of the books you stated (i.e. pride and prejudice, atonement and sense and sensibility) rolleyes.gif

Guest missyblue

That is my FAVE! Love that book, and ya gotta love that man, Acheron. Did I say man? I meant God.

I'm currently reading "No Mercy" by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Great book so far!

HEEEEEY fellow dark-hunter readers! :D

currently reading no mercy too!

Guest music-life

Just one wish by Janette Rallison

The reading level's not that high but so what? Is it a crime to read romance books?

Guest laydeepkay

Just trudged my way through Lolita by Nabokov (ugh never reading it again) and finished The Girl with the Dragon Tatto by Larsson. I'm now rereading the Inheritance Cycle by Paolini for the 4th time. haha! Anybody know any books similar to the Inheritance Cycle so I can stop reading it over and over again?

[personal enrichment] - Psychology for the 20's - Keum Ju Kwak (it's a Korean book, written by a professor at Seoul University about psychology and those in their 20's)

[religious enrichment] - The Me I Want To Be - John Ortberg

[work enrichment] - Jack Welch Speaks - Janet Lowe

Guest the kite

well it was difficult for me ..  and i go to a french school..

but it is not my first language.. so idk

at the begging i didnt understand that much and because there are not a lot of dialogues is kind of  hard to  understand  ... but as i continue reading..

i found it really interesting

( i must tell you that is really explicit)  and  really sad but  its a  good book :) U should read it :)

Ah, okay. Maybe I should find it in a bookstore and read a few pages. It sounds really interesting..

----------------

I'm reading The Age of Reason by Sartre.

Just trudged my way through Lolita by Nabokov (ugh never reading it again)

Lolita is intellectual smut (joking of course because I respect the book). Good thing is that the book is pretty obscure to the younger generation so few will judge me when I read this in the corner. I can't say "lolita" though because the word has such a terrible definition with some illegal implications. 

Guest starlightt*

i just finished reading 1984 by george orwell.

everyone says it's a classic + a really good book but honestly, i didn't like it that much. the idea was unique though