What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Guest 5bchm

Yesterday I just finished a novel by Kazuo Ishiguro. Today I will begin another book of his called The Remains of the Day.

Yesterday I just finished a novel by Kazuo Ishiguro. Today I will begin another book of his called The Remains of the Day.

Remains of the Day is beautiful. What was the other novel you finished? Did you enjoy it?

I'm currently on Spiral by Koji Suzuki.

Guest ~ERU~

I am currently reading Battle Royale~~~!!! *parties* I am going to read Kafka on the Shore by Murakami Haruki next. I just finished Real World by some Japanese lady, it was a strange read xD

Guest Leopoldine

Just finished Cyrano de Bergerac yesterday. The end was so sad :( had tears in my eyes.

I'm now reading The Woods by Harlan Coben

Guest starstung

Recently Finished:

The Exile of Gigi Lane by Adrienne Maria Vrettos

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

Brightley Woven by Alexandra Bracken

Mistwood by Leah Cypess

The Deadly Sister by Eliot Schrefer

Currently Reading:

Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves

Guest ichigobunnie

Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card

I read Ender's Game like LONGGG time ago when I was in 9th grade for English PreAP class. I enjoyed it a lot but never went to read the "sequel" to it til now

Guest Taylor Min

The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano: I read a review in a magazine. I knew they (magazines) were good for something. ;)

Autobiography of Malcolm X As Told to Alex Haley by Malcolm X

Am hoping to finish these off before Aug 21 but I don't want to rush just so I can finish because I'm trying to gain some thing from each. I'm going to become an avid reader next week once I'm done with camp this weekend.

Guest hblee82

I am currently reading A Cook's Tour: In Search of the Perfect Meal. I just finished Medium Raw by the same author Anthony Bourdain.

Guest 5bchm

Remains of the Day is beautiful. What was the other novel you finished? Did you enjoy it?

I'm currently on Spiral by Koji Suzuki.

The previous novel I read was An Artist of the Flowing Wind. It was a fast read, basically about a retired Japanese painter who talks about some past events, his time with his grandson and finding a husband for his daughter. I would say it was a nice story.

Just finished A Thousand Splendid Suns a few days ago. It was better than I expected as I'm normally not into these types of books (where culture plays a big part).

I ordered a few more books:

The Bean Trees

The Hunger Games

Wuthering Heights

Catching Fire

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Pigs In Heaven

All English too, though I'm actually should be reading Dutch. *smacks head*

Probably going to start with The Hunger Games. Heard many good things about it.

^ Wuthering Heights is a bit of a heavy read, good but not something I'd go at for a second round. Still, hope you enjoy it.

The previous novel I read was An Artist of the Flowing Wind. It was a fast read, basically about a retired Japanese painter who talks about some past events, his time with his grandson and finding a husband for his daughter. I would say it was a nice story.

Glad you like that one. I'm partial towards Ishiguro's works, so if you enjoy his writing, I recommend particularly A Pale View of Hills (which I personally found more riveting than An Artist of the Floating World) but his other novels are also excellent, no matter which one you choose to read.

Guest Christinaisweird

Now that I'm finished with "The Woman in the Dunes" I can finally enjoy "The Great Gatsby"

soon enough the California DMV Drivers handbook, LOLs, learning how to drive.

Guest 5bchm

^ Wuthering Heights is a bit of a heavy read, good but not something I'd go at for a second round. Still, hope you enjoy it.

Glad you like that one. I'm partial towards Ishiguro's works, so if you enjoy his writing, I recommend particularly A Pale View of Hills (which I personally found more riveting than An Artist of the Floating World) but his other novels are also excellent, no matter which one you choose to read.

Oh for sure I will try out his other works. At the bookstore I purchased these from, they were having a 3 for 2 promotion and these two books happen to be included. Whenever they have these promotions, I scan which books are offered and take a quick glance at the summary. So I have loads of books from random authors that I am trying out. If I come upon any more Ishiguro's I will try them out.

Guest missyblue

reading Eat Pray Love by elizabeth gilbert because i saw the trailer for the movie, and i got emotional. seems like one of those books that makes you discover something about yourself, and makes you go 'ahh.' *satisfied smile* : )