What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Guest lilangelgrl168

IMO The Lost Symbol was disappointing.

I also tried reading The Magicians, which was recommended in another thread, but I didn't like it at all.

Angels & Demons is still my favorite, but I think The Lost Symbol was as good as Da Vinci Code. There were some good twists and interesting points in The Lost Symbol.

I finished reading My Sister's Keeper and now I'm moving onto the Book Thief.

I loved the twist in the ending of My Sister's Keeper! ...but the movie was a bit disappointing for me; they made a few changes from the original plot. =T I never really got into The Book Thief, I found it super sad. >_<

Anyway, I also finished The Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Caletti, and I guess I have to get started on The Birth of America for APUSH. -.-; *sigh

Guest lovefool

I am about 80% done with the novel "Shanghai Girls" by Lisa See. This book is really good! When I was reading it, it reminds me of a movie because so many unfortunate things happen to the main characters and the hardships they had to go through. I really loved how the book is told from one of the sisters point of view and the sacrifices she makes for her younger, prettier, sister. I haven't read till the end yet so hopefully the ending will be just as good.

[edit] ok..so I'm done reading the book "shanghai girls"....i was really disappointed in how the author chose to end the book. I felt the ending was very rushed. It's sad because I couldn't put the book down and when I finally read the last page (at the time I didn't knew it was the last page because there was a few more pages after)...I turned to the next page...and i realized that there was nothing there because that previous page WAS the last page. Kind of a let down. But the beginning and middle of the book was great hah

Guest KeleenKelly

Hey everyone, well at the moment I'm reading "The Mortal Instruments Book Three. City Of Glass" By Cassandra Clare. I'm almost done with the book and soon i'll be reading The House of Night Novel Book 7 "Burned"

Guest crazyMuka

Getting started on The girl with the dragon tatoo... 4 chapters in and I think it just started to get interesting.

Guest tali

Just finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and The Age of Innocence the other day. I was surprised at how much I actually loved The Age of Innocence. Such a great book.

I'm now reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Anna Karenina. I hope I can finish Anna Karenina within the week.

Just finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and The Age of Innocence the other day. I was surprised at how much I actually loved The Age of Innocence. Such a great book.

Glad you liked The Age of Innocence! I found Newland Archer incredibly frustrating as a character, though. Did you watch the film adaptation?

Guest tali

Glad you liked The Age of Innocence! I found Newland Archer incredibly frustrating as a character, though. Did you watch the film adaptation?

I was annoyed of Archer throughout most of the novel, but yet I found myself sympathizing with him all the same. It's funny, because I felt the same exact way about Lily Bart, the heroine of The House of Mirth, Edith Wharton's other novel. I love how her characters are all riddled with flaws. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm very eager to.

Guest iamvick

Reading Kafka on the Shore now.

I absolutely loved that book! Murakami is one of my favourite authors. Are you enjoying it?

At the moment I am reading 'Dial M For Merde' by Stephen Clarke, it's a fiction book about an Englishman in France and dealing with the French. It's the 4th book in the series and I've read them all!

It's seriously sarcastic which I find absolutely hilarious. It's very lighthearted but I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested in comical travel writing!

I was annoyed of Archer throughout most of the novel, but yet I found myself sympathizing with him all the same. It's funny, because I felt the same exact way about Lily Bart, the heroine of The House of Mirth, Edith Wharton's other novel. I love how her characters are all riddled with flaws. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm very eager to.

You should! ^_^ It was very good, I really enjoyed it (but I am a little biased, since I'm a Daniel Day-Lewis fan). The acting was very strong all around and seeing the film actually prompted me to read the novel. And you're right, in the end you really do feel for Archer cuz he spent the rest of his life being thwarted and trapped.

I haven't read The House of Mirth, is that any good?

Guest peachan

Reading Kafka on the Shore now.

Such a good book! I hope you enjoy it!

I'm reading Murakami's Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World

Guest NEYUGN93

Handle With Care ; Jodi Picoult

I've had enough of her books now... Her books are so similar to each other it just gets predictable

Guest superjenny

haven't read a book for my own pleasure in a really long time.

i started the kite runner yesterday? it's pretty good :)

Guest tali

You should! ^_^ It was very good, I really enjoyed it (but I am a little biased, since I'm a Daniel Day-Lewis fan). The acting was very strong all around and seeing the film actually prompted me to read the novel. And you're right, in the end you really do feel for Archer cuz he spent the rest of his life being thwarted and trapped.

I haven't read The House of Mirth, is that any good?

The House of Mirth was good, but it's not up to par with The Age of Innocence. I read it a couple of years back so the details are a little muddy, which is really ironic because I had to write a 10 page analysis of it for my English class. I have the worst memory ever. I do remember that I liked it though. I think you'll like Mirth if you liked Innocence.

Guest ovovoovo

I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife. I absolutely loved the movie but people said the book was better so now I'm reading it!

Guest Forever_WithYou

Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling.

For the fifth time XD

LOLS, but since I'm on school holiday and I borrowed the book from the library I won't be able to get the next book.

So to pass the time, The Complete Series of Winnie The Pooh. :D

Guest daradiridaraduu-

I read a lot of books at one time... i just realized... ^__^'

-The Vampire Lestat (OMG OMG OMG LOVEEE!!!! XDD)

-Ryan's Gold (some romance novel...they did it at like, page 40. So soon?! XD)

-The Devils Advocate

-The Miko

...yep :D

The House of Mirth was good, but it's not up to par with The Age of Innocence. I read it a couple of years back so the details are a little muddy, which is really ironic because I had to write a 10 page analysis of it for my English class. I have the worst memory ever. I do remember that I liked it though. I think you'll like Mirth if you liked Innocence.

I do remember some parts of The Age of Innocence being a little dry, but I still enjoyed it nevertheless. May really shocked me with her slyness. I checked out The House of Mirth, seems pretty interesting but with that sad ending like Innocence. I'll see if I can find it in the bookstores.

I just googled Mirth and realised they adapted it into a film too, starring Gillian Anderson and Eric Stoltz. I wonder if it's good...