What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Guest colloquy

Jane Austen - Sense & Sensibility

Jasper Fforde - The Eyre Affair

Also, rereading Homer's The Odyssey... in poem form, I could never get into the prose version.

Guest deceitful.reverie

Finally starting The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown~ =) I'm excited, and I don't think Brown will let me down.

IMO The Lost Symbol was disappointing.

I also tried reading The Magicians, which was recommended in another thread, but I didn't like it at all.

Anyway, I've just started Alexander Cipher by Will Adams. So far, it's okay.

9780007250875.jpg

Non stop adventure and death defying chases in Will Adam's outstanding debut novel. It's 318 BC in the deserts of Libya, and Alexander the Great is buried as only a God should be, placed in a golden Sarcophagus in a catacomb of chambers, each packed with diamonds, rubies and gold. This was how he should have remained, but time waits for no-one. 2007 and underwater archaeologist Daniel Knox has been on the trail of Alexander's Gold ever since he can remember. When a tomb is uncovered on the construction site of a new hotel he believes he has found a clue to what he has been working towards for years. But the discovery has alerted two of the most dangerous men in the world, and Daniel is now a marked man.

Guest k.a.p.r.i

currently finished reading The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Trying to get into classics so The Whale by Herman Melville is next!

Guest Shoshana.

I just recently finished Big Girl by Danielle Steel - Its plot is simple, void of mystery or suspense or thrill , and no extensive vocabulary. You don't need to have dictionary.com open or a dictionary on your hand. The book is perfect for a relaxing sitting and I think in a way, everyone can relate to it - one way or another. I definitely recommend it!

Guest HiddenTruth

A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson ; Not really what I want to read but bleh, it's one of the many books I have to read this summer for school. :/

Finished Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Still working on The Age of Innocence. Now starting Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Guest Autumn1430263885

Just finished the latest sookie stackhouse novel!

agh now i have to wait another year until the next one..

i'm always left feeling empty and wanting more at the end of her books. =(

i'm so glad that its finally summer! now i can catch up on my reading... i hadn't read in soooo long (months!) phew!

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

WICKED: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire. It took a while for me to get into it, but it's an interesting read and the characters are quite lovable.

I've been reading a lot of good reviews on The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, but is it really that good?

Guest Airporte-V2

I just finished The White Darkness (a really good book), The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin (average, pretty funny) and The Chocolate War, though I skipped, like, fifty pages of the middle-end after reading a plot synopsis.

When I hit library, I'm gonna try and get Monster Blood Tattoo.

Guest johnalbert

Currently I am reading The Alchemist. I don't even remember how many times I would have read it but I like to read it repeatedly in frequent intervals.