What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xktee

^haha. I just finished Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins too. It's amazing

I'm going to start Catching Fire soon hopefully.

^ I don't want to start Catching Fire yet. I bought it with The Hunger Games, but I want to save it. Let's see if I can hold out until the third one comes out. I don't want to finish Catching Fire and have to wait until the end of August for the last one to come out.

Shortly after finishing The Hunger Games, I started reading Matilda. I'm done with that one too, and so I'm reading 1984 by George Orwell. I like it a lot, surprisingly.

Guest Rockette

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (I can't believe I'm still reading this, I get lazy from time to time and stop reading it)

1984 by George Orwell

Kafka on the Shore by Murakami Haruki

The Bird Chronicles by Murakami Haruki

I read several books at a time. It helps me keep interest.

-Rockette

Guest marasshi

I'm reading the Cirque du Freak series by Darren Shan but I don't have the money for the third book yet (I'm on summer break, so no allowance). -___- Damn all these book series.

Guest cinjin

I'm reading Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. I actually really like it (well not a surprise considering it's a bestseller) but I had to read chapter 1 a few times before I actually got into it rofl. I love Nobu :D. He's so interesting and his blunt comments are so funny.

edit: Okay, so I finished it. Love the book but I'm disappointed in the ending (Nobu! D:). It felt way too rushed.

Guest JAMIESHOCK

Finished Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Finished 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson. It was a really fun read.

Although it is not the holidays, I am currently reading Let It Snow by Maureen Johnson, John Green and Lauren Myracle. Finished MJ and John Green's stories. I was not too impressed by MJ's, but definitely read John Green's! I love, love, love his writing!

Guest bananaleaf

Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser

definitely a good read...watch the Food inc. film as well, hmm.. i won't be going to McDonald's anytime soon lol

Finished The Lovely Bones. It's a bestseller, but surprisingly I didn't find it that great. It's a good book, but it lacks something for me. Not sure what, but unlike what Sunday Telegraph said, I wasn't able to sit and read for five hours straight. I kind of skimmed through the ending as well.

Now reading Time Traveler's Wife. I like it a whole lot better than Lovely Bones. It's kind of.. sexy?

Guest lilangelgrl168

Finished Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Finished 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson. It was a really fun read.

Although it is not the holidays, I am currently reading Let It Snow by Maureen Johnson, John Green and Lauren Myracle. Finished MJ and John Green's stories. I was not too impressed by MJ's, but definitely read John Green's! I love, love, love his writing!

I'm just starting Will Grayson, Will Grayson today. I read the first chapter, and it's hilarious. =)

I can't wait to keep reading it!

I also read 13 Little Blue Envelops and Let It Snow; I love both Johnson and Green. ^^

I just finished reading Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors and Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr, too. Both were pretty good reads.

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

My friend recommended these two.

She was quite shocked I had never read either.

Guest Justalilodreamer

thanks to this thread i decided to give The Hunger Games a shot and im completely addicted :ph34r: its just got all the goodies packed in one. Will be purchasing Catching Fire tomorrow...but i dont know if i can wait that long for Mockingjay :(

The Hunger Games...

absolute brilliance.

Definitely!

I'd read it just this January, and still, its story still lingers in my mind as if I've read it just yesterday!

A true masterpiece, indeed!

Now, I'm still on the wait for the third book.. HAHA!

Archived