Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SkiPpiE

^

those are beautiful!!! love the ones with double exposure ^^

I think I'm also going to buy the gakkenflex, a TLR, you have to build the camera from scratch.

picture credits: ndroo.com

Guest a_rdi88

hello.. recently i just got toycam/lomo, but i dont understand how to use it.. i have aquapix n smena 7..

the one thing i'm confuse, it didnt use battery, how it works?and if it dont use battery, how can we know that we already take a picturre? thank you so much for answering, and please dont make fun of my questions too much.. hehehehehe..

^I believe the battery is for the built-in flash only. You can still use the camera normally w/o batteries.

Does anyone here own the Lomo LCA? I bought it recently (hasn't arrived yet).. For my other toy cameras like the Actionsampler and the White Slim Angel, it's nearly impossible to take photos indoors because it comes out really, really underexposed. Is it the same for the LCA? I have the Diana flash that I could use with it, but I'd rather not. Anyone? :D

Guest leeahh

SkiPpiE I've seen the black one but this is the first time seeing the pink one! freakin cute man! come back with the photos :D and wooot I totally recommend the Gakkenflex~ I love it to bits!! you get to cherish it more since you build it yourself teehee B)

insertnameHERE. verry naiiiiiiise!!

a_rdi88 lmao I totally know what you mean! I felt the same way when I first took my Diana out shooting xD photography is all about capturing light. light is let through when the shutter is opened (i.e. when you press the button) you know it's taken the photo when you hear the shutter open/close [click sound] haha :] reading through the manual always helps too :] goodluck!

sorry for the major MIA-ness! soompi forums never works on Firefox for me anymore so I've resorted to downloading Google Chrome x| NOW I CAN SPAM PICS! YAYS! hahaha I kid

here are a couple of shots from my Harikin (Wide & Slim)

4418850345_f65c985c2e_m.jpg 4423755834_761d621efb_m.jpg 4419844718_b46197aff5_m.jpg 4424531820_496cc6e082_m.jpg 4419787788_57fde46c76_m.jpg 4416014181_863f5a6942_m.jpg

Guest Justalilodreamer

This might be a really stupid question but I've been wondering how the self control shutter release on a Diana works cause from what i remember... for sunlight pictures the exposure time is usually 1/125th of a second or 8 milli seconds...but is it possible for the human hand to control the shutter release that quickly? wouldn't you end up with overexposed pictures?

i have holga 120 and eximus.

having so much fun with them but i uses eximus more as i have not master the skill of removing film from holga(i am using 35mm adaptor)

it is cool playing around with the double exposure too.

i am interested in getting a horizon 202 but it is too expensive for me =(

neway, some photos to share :)

F1000003.jpg

F1000018.jpg

F1030015.jpg

F1000002.jpg

F1010017.jpg

Guest rawwwr

I just went to go develop my film yesterday and it took me forever to find place to develop 120 film in my town. First time developing my film by myself (driving halfway across town by myself for the first time too) and I had 4 rolls ready to go and I lost 1 in the process of getting to the shop. I never knew film photography could be so expensive! 3 rolls for $60, jeez, my poor wallet. I have to wait for two more days before I can go pick them up. I'm so excited :D

I just went to go develop my film yesterday and it took me forever to find place to develop 120 film in my town. First time developing my film by myself (driving halfway across town by myself for the first time too) and I had 4 rolls ready to go and I lost 1 in the process of getting to the shop. I never knew film photography could be so expensive! 3 rolls for $60, jeez, my poor wallet. I have to wait for two more days before I can go pick them up. I'm so excited :D

photography is an expensive hobby...hehe...

films are expensive, developing is expensive too but you will just love it and want to snap more.

does your photos turn out good ?

Just joined the white slim angel, ordered one from ebay~ Can't wait for it to get here! Don't have much experience with film but this will be a fun adventure. XD

yea...it gonna be fun...

my friend have the white slim angel too but almost all the films she put in turns out to be very sensia 200.

we are all very puzzled about it...hehehe...

hope yours is not like that =)

I have a friend who's going to Hong Kong soon, anyone have any recommendations for any cameras/films I should ask her to get for me while she's there? I want to buy some film for the white slim angel but I have no idea what's good and what's available in HK. I've been tempted by the Golden Half lately too, are they much cheaper and easily available in HK?

^

you may want to try Wing Shing photo supplies co. at Mong Kok? ( http://www.hktvl.com/camera.htm ).

I have been there once when I went Hong Kong.

They do have quite a variety of films but I didn't get any cos' it is cheaper to buy in Singapore.

Alight at Mong Kong station exit from D-3.

The shop is big so your friend do not have to worry about missing it :)

Guest thelastcarnival

Hey guys,

I was wondering whether anyone knew the difference between the Vivitar Ultra slim, wide and the slim angel/devil & harikin? All I know is that they're all by Superheadz but in terms of which one functions better, I'm clueless. Is one a more updated version of the other? Or are they all practically the same thing?

^(b)EAncUR(d)^ , that last pinkish tone photo that you posted, was that cross processed? or was it developed normally and it was the effect of the film you used? It's turned out pretty awesome!

Hello thelastcarnival, there is no difference between Vivitar Ultra Slim, wide and the slim angel/devil & harikin or even eximus. just different brand and price.if you want more choice in color, it will be Superheadz slim angel / devil.

As for the last photo i posted, yes. It was cross processed. I am using expired Velvia 100F. you try it! I, myself is amazed by the color too and I love it.

Hello thelastcarnival, there is no difference between Vivitar Ultra Slim, wide and the slim angel/devil & harikin or even eximus. just different brand and price.if you want more choice in color, it will be Superheadz slim angel / devil.

As for the last photo i posted, yes. It was cross processed. I am using expired Velvia 100F. you try it! I, myself is amazed by the color too and I love it.

I love the colours that you got from the Velvia! Any other films that you recommend? I've been looking around and I quite like the natural feel of Perutz Primera 200. I really like the soft, pastel-ish ones too.

Guest yummy.pockey

I have a friend who's going to Hong Kong soon, anyone have any recommendations for any cameras/films I should ask her to get for me while she's there? I want to buy some film for the white slim angel but I have no idea what's good and what's available in HK. I've been tempted by the Golden Half lately too, are they much cheaper and easily available in HK?

The only place I know where they sell lomo cameras is LOG ON haha. I got my white slim angel there (:

The films there are a bit more expensive than in random developing places, but there are more choices (differents brands)

And if you want a fujifilm instax camera, they are cheaper at North Point

I still haven't finished the roll, haaaa. =___=

I love the colours that you got from the Velvia! Any other films that you recommend? I've been looking around and I quite like the natural feel of Perutz Primera 200. I really like the soft, pastel-ish ones too.

I like Agfa Precisa CT 100, Fuji Tungsten T64 too :)

you may want to try that.

I didn't try Perutz Primera 200, shall check that out.

Also, I have got 2 new films - Fuji Astia 100F and Kodak Tungsten T160.

Can't wait to try it for my upcoming trip :)

eg. of Precisa CT 100 ( my 1st roll of lomo)

F1000018-1.jpg

F1000020.jpg

Archived