For The Lovers Of Lomography

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

lol i just bought a whole lot of expired 35mm films recently. and 2 rolls of 220 film. anyone tried 220 films before? it has not reached yet. i'm so excited to try all these new films! oh dang, can i use 220 film on the diana F+?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest leeahh

lol i just bought a whole lot of expired 35mm films recently. and 2 rolls of 220 film. anyone tried 220 films before? it has not reached yet. i'm so excited to try all these new films! oh dang, can i use 220 film on the diana F+?

220 is just the same as 120 cept u can make 24 exposures.

it's like using 2 rolls of 120 so when u go to the photolab u pay double the amount u would for 1 x 120...

does that make sense? haha

but as to whether or not u can use it... check this out

just gotta do some mods n you're set =]

Guest glossable

I own a Diana F+, but i was wondering, if there's a "trick" about the vignette-effect cos my pictures don't have any?

Could that effect also work on other analogue cameras?

Guest leeahh

I own a Diana F+, but i was wondering, if there's a "trick" about the vignette-effect cos my pictures don't have any?

Could that effect also work on other analogue cameras?

the vignettes usually come out more when u set the aperture to cloudy even though it's a sunny day.. try it next time :]

Guest miiloverx2

I got them scanned at the neighborhood photo lab. Yeah, these are 35mm negative and unedited. There are more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ask8645/sets/72157620891381169/

I love the slim devil ~ I was really iffy on buying it, but then my golden half broke lol, and I wanted a camera to take to the Philippines. It was perfect for that trip.

http://nicnichols.com/FourCornersDark/?page_id=633 ---- good review

nicee maybe i'll keep an eye out for the original vivitar at the dollar shops HAHA

i'll still stick to my LC-A+ since i won't be able to manage with a bajillion cameras anyway -.-

lkc_b300.jpg

^I WANT SO BADLY

sigh.. i'd love to have a mini LC-A dangling from my phone LOL it's just so cute!

speaking of the LC-A.. i was randomly sitting on a bus.. when this man (probably around 60-70s) came up to me and asked me about my camera and where i bought it.. i thought he wouldn't really understand about "lomography" so i just told him a general location (book store in hong kong).. but anyhow.. i was surprised yet ecstatic that he actually KNEW the LC-A waaay back from his days.. and he told me that they had only costed around 400 HKD (dayuuuum :P) ahh nostalgic for him - rip off for us. HAHA

oh well.. thumbs up to Lomography for bringing back all these awesome cameras (at a price...)

i got a new camera too! (though its not lomo related.. but it's a film slr! Nikon FE2 to be exact! hehe i'm so happy)

Guest Uverstar

^ I just had a quick look for those small lomo keychains...I found two on one site here lomo keychains we all want~!

they're just under $10 each in my currency haha (it's a Singaporean site so you have to convert the prices yourself) a bit pricey but I'm willing to have each camera on my phooone hahaha but they're limited so act fast and buy them..I was reading another site and you had to buy a Diana+, LC-A camera etc then you can get the keychain as well so I guess it's a limited run thing haha

^ LOL that's where i first bought my diana F+ from! they did sell all 4 keychains at first, and the next day when i finally decided to get one diana F+ keychain, it was SOLD OUT. T.T i'm still desperately looking for places which sell it. all the keychains are so CUTE!

Guest leeahh

OMG THOSE KEYCHAINS ARE SOOO CUTE!! I've only ever seen a Holga keychain but they cost $25AUD at this novelty store.. WHAT A RIP! that Lubitel one is sooo adorable though!

I seriously want a TLR.

I finally got to develop an old roll from my Diana and I'm quite pleased with my shots :D

here are my 2 faves~

3774850945_8ef8e89c2e_m.jpg 3774522604_7aa8ec7a9d_m.jpg

Guest _dax_

Experimental photography? Pretty interesting.

Expensive since digital has taken over. Unless you have access to a dark room...

Pretty neat though, some of the photos have a pin hole effect, with the edges darkened.

Guest CandyRain

I'm going to HK, China (Guang Zhou) and Japan (Tokyo) next month

Anybody knows labs where I can develop X-pro in those 3 countries?

Thanks =]

choko6610: seriously, you have very nice photos everytime you post some pics here! love the micro-macro shot in the 1st one, so cool! and i like the 2nd photo too! love the vignette there especially!

Guest Uverstar

I can't find the Diana+ with flash anywhere! T_T haha it's either I find the body alone or It's the diana+ with the flash but in some weird retarded color lol

Guest glossable

the vignettes usually come out more when u set the aperture to cloudy even though it's a sunny day.. try it next time :]

ah okay thank u gonna try that :)

i bought a black slim devil at ebay for about 30$, i'm so excited xDD~

Guest x123x

i've always wanted to get an SLR, since forever... never quite thought about getting a lomo. until today, i just randomly decided to buy one online :) wish i had the money for the LC-A+ right now.. but i decided on the white slim angel. i think it's good enough for a beginner like myself :P i'm so excited for the package to come!!

Guest blush

blush: hello! there's a lomography shop in hong kong! i found the address in chinese at the lomographyasia website. i think it's located nearest to sheung wan MTR exit A2. it's along Po Yan Street and hollywood road.

http://www.lomographyasia.com/html.lib/img_map/newmap2.jpg

oh, i only know that place that sells lomography cameras... not sure if there are other shops selling lomo stuff though. if you wanna check out the prices for lomo cams in HK, u can try going lomographyasia.com and compare prices etc. it should be in HK currency i think...? not very sure. oh ya, the site's in chinese. if you know chinese, it would be good!

AHHHHH I WANT A HORIZON!

This is kind of a while back, but I finally decided to check this place out (after almost 3 months of staying in HK! lol!) and I'm going back there again after I make my final decision! YES! I am buying a lomo cam! Thank you so much for this location haha. It helped muchomuchomucho.

Oh, and also, if anyone knows where *else* to buy lomo cams/instant cameras (because, yes, I am actually looking for both haha XD), it'd be great to know. I really like just looking/shopping around LOL. Yeah. I'm not sure if it's gonna be any cheaper anywhere else :o I assume they're going to be around the same price anyway lol.

(Oh, and I live in Mong Kok, if it helps. There is this place that had some instant cameras and I'm still pondering on them because they're the only place I see that sells them = =)

hello! i finally got my first lomo set developed, and the pics turned out surprisingly well imo!

i used the white slim angel, so i wasnt really used to the whole wide angle concept.. hence my finger is in quite a few of the pics : ( ill keep that in mind the next time i shoot hehe.

my faves:

3805262765_24017644ca.jpg

3806092282_b03dc7d0c8.jpg

the rest are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/41208997@N07/...57621993502922/

Guest breathless.

^ yay for the wide vivitar clones <3 great shots!

blush: you can buy lomos at city super/log on haha

you can buy instant cameras at kodak express and fotomax etc ! theres this one film developing place i've found in north point where the instax mini film is the cheapest i've seen-- $45; the instax itself is $360 ish.

hong kong(ers) are pretty camera obsessed...

^ yay for the wide vivitar clones <3 great shots!

blush: you can buy lomos at city super/log on haha

you can buy instant cameras at kodak express and fotomax etc ! theres this one film developing place i've found in north point where the instax mini film is the cheapest i've seen-- $45; the instax itself is $360 ish.

hong kong(ers) are pretty camera obsessed...

the absolute cheapest you can get the instax mini film is 42HKD per pack in mongkok (yay for haggling!).. but places like wan chai will definitely charge more tho. but yea, 45/packis not so bad too!

OMG! Jho i love love love those pics!! sooo awesome~!! you make me want to get a White Slim Angel haha

thank you!!<3

Archived