For The Lovers Of Lomography

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

^ I kinda like it probably because I like the square format of the photos more than the rectangle format. I have never used the vistaquest before so I can't compare. I just don't like having to hold it there for 3 seconds before it takes a picture. Is the vistaquest like that?

Yeh the vistaquest is similar in that you have to hold it for a bit before the photo is taken. I like the vignette effects on the vq more than the x:version. I'm considering selling it now...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I have not been to this thread for months *OMG*

Hope everyone are doing well :)

I have went to India for business trip but did not manage to take lotsa photos. I will post them up once I am done with the roll.

pink_orchid, the waterproof cam should be fine to start with :) the cool effect will depends on the film you are using. tryout different sorts of slide films to find the one you love most <3 remember to cross processed them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mymydinh

I purchased my first fish eye lomograph, and while that was a blast.. I got tired of everything being warped haha. But I did get a few awesome shots!

16315916412173831941019.png

But yeah, so I got the Diana mini, haven't developed my first roll yet but I'm going to probably head over to costco after Christmas to try (if the line isn't toooo freakishly long).

• 2 months later...
Guest crescendoll

I finally got my first lomo! An LC-A+! Yay, after four or so years following this thread, I managed to save enough money for one. Can't wait to start taking photos!

Quick question, does CVS/Walgreens/etc put photos from film onto CD discs if I request it? Since I don't have a scanner, I think this is my only option to put it on my computer!

Guest breathless.

I finally got my first lomo! An LC-A+! Yay, after four or so years following this thread, I managed to save enough money for one. Can't wait to start taking photos!

Quick question, does CVS/Walgreens/etc put photos from film onto CD discs if I request it? Since I don't have a scanner, I think this is my only option to put it on my computer!

Congrats on the LC-A+ !

Yes, they'll scan it on a CD. You'll have to pay extra though. I usually ask for development and no prints, scanned to a CD.

Guest crescendoll

Congrats on the LC-A+ !

Yes, they'll scan it on a CD. You'll have to pay extra though. I usually ask for development and no prints, scanned to a CD.

Thanks so much! I think I'll do the same :)

Guest BROKENheaven

^ WOW very nice!! I love the colors. The last picture reminded me of my room :sweatingbullets: i have three of those Toad candy tins on my wall shelves

• 4 weeks later...
Guest justdie-yuki

I have a question:

I have always been interested in Lomo, but never actually purchase it. Since I'm going somewhere traveling soon, and would like to take awesome picture. What the basic I would need to know (how to use/etcc..)? Which one and where would be a reasonable/cheap one for an extremely beginner use?

Anyways, thanks for all your help :)^_^

Guest Justalilodreamer

Other lomo pros here can probably give better advice but here goes...

For a beginner I would just recommend a simple point and shoot like the vivitar wide&slim, white/black slim angel, or golden half. Those are just like oldschool plastic cameras and they will probably take 'safer' pictures than cameras like the holga and diana (where u have to deal with the shutter and etc). I personally had problems loading 120 film in the Diana, so I would say its harder for beginners to use and if you do it wrong, there is a possibility that none of your pictures will turn out right. Or you could go for the Diana mini which uses 35mm film, but you still gotta deal with manual exposures and etc.

I would say definitely bring a digital camera along and shoot with both cameras. Lomography is a bit risky for traveling photos, especially if you're new to it because half of photos might not come out right.

Why is this thread so dead?! )):

Anyways, here are some of my most recent shots :D Has anybody ever done night time exposures succesfully? Mine always turns out shaky even thought I rest it on a stable surface so idk whats up :/

2wdxe0l.jpg

v4c486.jpg

25j861f.jpg

11kv19t.jpg

2s92c1g.jpg

9ar5s2.jpg

Been sooooooo long since I last took photos! ):

And I finally completed a roll!

I used lomography CN 800 film, and most of my photos were taken indoors without flash, but they were mostly underexposed.

5633165105_b562e82a52.jpg

5633165101_ab16f3a44d.jpg

5633165099_8da3e8709d.jpg

5633165089_0563ae8192.jpg

5633165095_d53714f365.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest yummy.pockey

lovely pictures!!! my fav is the third one FionAaa, and the next to last one d0ts!

makes me wanna take square pictures D:

got my second roll processed in Seoul, it's so cheap!

you can see all the pictures on flickr or blog ^^

5673475478_804bd280a7_z.jpg

5672972033_903b830be0_z.jpg

5716078630_660e208f45_z.jpg

5715515003_fa16559fea_z.jpg

5716077642_7f67924b48_z.jpg

can't wait to start another roll, lomography is so exciting! ᄏᄏᄏ

Guest echoism

Everyone's photos look amazing!

I think i'm going to cave in and buy a white slim angel.

It's only 25 dollars on amazon so not to bad.

Does anyone have any tips for beginners?

make sure you have a fast enough film (i usually use iso 400 or above) because that camera has a fixed aperture/shutter speed that means a lot of setting besides daylight will be hard to take properly exposed pictures. for example, this is in slightly cloudy weather with iso 400 speed. you can probably get away with iso 200 on snowy days or at the beach in bright sunlight.

5708683211_97b9982dcb.jpg

• 2 months later...

swEEEt.Tofu : yup, the lenses will fit the diana F+! the only difference between the diana+ and the diana F+ is just the flash. (:

anyone owns a spinner 360? i really want one, but the developing and scanning cost is so expensive because of the sprocket holes!

Archived