Guest StarCrystal

• Replies 24.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dragon-rider

"When I Can't Sing" lyrics translation

* Even if I lose everything, if my popularity drops

Even if I can't sing, if I get a different job

Will you still be able to love me for who I am?

Do you know that who I am on screen isn't really my everything? (Do you know?)

Do you know that my overflowing confidence makes me even more anxious? (Do you know?)

Standing under the flashing lights, there is a thick shadow behind me

* repeat

You say that you love me but

Am I really who you love? (Am I?)

You say that you fell for me but

Am I really the one who made you fall for me? (Am I?)

When you are in my arms, looking at me

I want to ask you these questions

* repeat

Someday, the day will come (the day will come)

I'll come down from the stage where the cheers have decreased

As my shoulders droop down (shoulders droop down)

My head hung low (even then)

Will you stand by my side?

* repeat

Credit: http://www.popgasa.com/2012/01/seven-se7en-when-i-cant-sing.html

This song is so sad, it makes me want to cry :tears: . It's like a goodbye from him before leaving music industry to join military service and start a "post-idol" life. Everything comes to an end.. It's so bitter for fans to face this reality..

I think all artists, especially who used to be an idol, can relate themselves in this song...

Guest Ismahane

When I Can't Sing MV

The MV dropped! My calculation was, once again, off. I calculated for 12:00PM not 12:00AM... But nonetheless, enjoy! I will be back to review!

-ida

So i'm not the only one who miscalculated :sweatingbullets:

I thought the MV would drop at midnight, meaning the beginning of 2nd february not the 1st hour of february, 1st >_<

Anyway, the MV is finally out :w00t: @1:37 the caption was awesome :wub:

But i thought JYP would make an appearance :blink:

Guest Tekashi

New mini album available on iTunes

242414689.jpg

For all fans who want to support Se7en buying his new release - new korean mini album is available on iTunes.

link - http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/se7en-new-mini-album-ep/id499218711

credit: Se7en Facebook + iTunes + tekashi @ http://z12.invisionfree.com/Se7enth_Heaven

Se7en - When I Can`t Sing

korean lyrics

내가 모든걸 잃어도 내 인기가 떨어져도

더 이상 노랠 못하고 다른 직업을 가져도

나라는 이유만으로 날 계속 사랑해 줄 수 있니

화면에 나오는 내 모습이 진짜 내 전부가 아니란 건 알고 있는지(알고 있는지)

자신감 넘치는 내 모습이 날 더 불안하게 하는 건 알고 있는지(알고 있는지)

화려한 조명 속에 서있는 모습 뒤에 진한 그림자가 지고 있어

내가 모든걸 잃어도 내 인기가 떨어져도

더 이상 노랠 못하고 다른 직업을 가져도

너는 날 사랑한다 하지만 니가 사랑하는 게 정말 내가 맞는지(내가 맞는지)

나에게 반했다고 하지만 너를 반하게 한 게 정말 내가 맞는지(내가 맞는지)

네가 나의 품 안에 안겨 날 바라볼 때 이런 질문을 하고 싶어

내가 모든걸 잃어도 내 인기가 떨어져도

더 이상 노랠 못하고 다른 직업을 가져도

언젠간 오게 되겠지 (오게 되겠지)

함성 소리가 줄어든 무대를 내려와서

내 어깨가 처지면서 (어깨가 처지고)

고개가 떨궈질 때 (그때도) 내 옆에 (내 옆에) 니가 서 있을런지

내가 모든걸 잃어도 내 인기가 떨어져도

더 이상 노랠 못하고 다른 직업을 가져도

나라는 이유만으로 내 옆에 있어줄 수 있겠니 묻고 싶어

credit: daum + tekashi @ http://z12.invisionfree.com/Se7enth_Heaven

Guest glamorousCHIC

^ Wow thanks for sharing, I love those wallpapers! The video was just so sad and the lyrics are so meaningful.

I'm glad that it topped the charts. He deserves it.

Such beautiful song with significant lyrics should have proper recognition.

:wub:

Guest wanderlove

why does the song have to be like this? I read the translation and it hit me hard that he's leaving for two years and there's a possibility that when he comes out of his military service we might not see him or hear him again.. I hope there's nothing like that and he continues to have an album in the future..

Listening to the song without knowing what the lyrics are in english seems okay but then I read the translation and I cried...

He became my first idol and he's the one who pulled me into the k-pop scene and YGE and I am really really sad that he's singing something like this after hearing about his songs from the past.. I can't help but tear up...

I just hope that they do a 3rd part of his 'Wah Joh/Come Back To Me' song.. that song is the first song i listened from him.. And I still listen to it until now..

Guest dragon-rider

38400527.jpg

YGENT: “SE7EN’s New Mini Album taken the number 1 spot on the US iTunes R&B chart! Thank you all~!”

Credit: via ygfamilyy@tumblr

Wow, what a great start. I hope he will win in weekly music shows too. Music shows now is dominated by too many teen-pop songs, I think Se7en's R&B style will make a big difference.

Guest dragon-rider

tumblr_lypdc0jnwz1qzjb8ko1_500.jpg

“No.1 !!!!!!!! not only on Korean music chart but also on US iTunes R&B chart!! Thank you soooo much guys!!! Love yall~~”

Source: Se7en's twitter

via ygfamilyy@tumblr

Guest october-rain

I really like the music video. No need for flashy lights, gimmicky outfits, or catchy hooks. It's all about SE7EN and his music. For some reason, i felt extremely sad and nostalgic watching the MV. Sad when i realized that the music vid showed SE7EN as an opening act for GD and nostalgic when i saw the little kid on the wheely shoes. This video just neatly sums up his past 9 years as a singer. Hopefully, he'll be around forever.

I'm actually glad about this promotion. Last time he promoted Better Together, another idol group was making their comeback and that brought about unnecessary fan wars.

On another note, which stage will be SE7EN'S comeback stage?

So after thoroughly listening to his new album, I can honestly say I love every song on it, yup...eve-ry song, which is rare for my case. Because even though I love him to death, there are one or two songs on each one of his albums that will never catch my attention (sorry DongWookie!). But this album is different. Every song brought out the best in DongWookie's voice and can be justified as his representative title track.

On top of it, it didn't lose that tempo element where he can still dance to, which is what he is known for...an all-around performer. I heard a lot of people say that his dancing looks "sloppy". I beg to differ. It might not be as hard-hitting as his previous routine but the intricate movement is fascinating. The flow of the music and dance go hand-in-hand so well. Props to Movement Lifestyle.

What else I like? The raw emotion in his voice. Nothing fancy, technical-wise. Just him and that voice.

Overall, I can't wait to see him perform live again!

The music video was definitely nostalgic. Gyah, I hate when these stuff makes me a bit teary. The boys on heelys, the tired expression, the old TVs with his old performances...gee, LET ME TALK TO THE DIRECTOR...to thank him for putting the song's message across so well yet sock him (jk) for making me cry! The transition was amazing. Taking him from one scene to the next seems so effortless, it just falls into place. A lot of people mentioned GD's cameo so negatively, as DongWookie being his "opening" act. I once again beg differ. GD ran over to support DongWookie, I doubt they can come up with that scenario in 15 minutes. It is just too deep. Instead, I feel like it is DongWookie handing down his baton to him. It is like, "Here. I had my moments, now it is your turn." WHICH BEST NOT BE THE CASE! I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS DONGWOOKIE! As long as I am here, you'll always have your moment! *crazy fangirl mode*

I am not saying this as a big DongWookie's fan, but even for a general listener you can feel that this mini-album symbolizes --> "This is me, Se7en. And I am singing my heart out. So once again, listen." I hope this album can leave lasting footprints onto all music listeners'/Lucky 7's hearts (like it will for me) because most likely - it might be a while before his next project.

Okay, time to go to work. Sorry for the lost post, took me a day to recollect my thoughts.

-ida

Guest Ismahane

A lot of people mentioned GD's cameo so negatively, as DongWookie being his "opening" act. I once again beg differ. GD ran over to support DongWookie, I doubt they can come up with that scenario in 15 minutes. It is just too deep. Instead, I feel like it is DongWookie handing down his baton to him. It is like, "Here. I had my moments, now it is your turn." WHICH BEST NOT BE THE CASE! I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS DONGWOOKIE! As long as I am here, you'll always have your moment! *crazy fangirl mode*

-ida

Exactly! I'm afraid to think this is goodbye but then again how is that possible?! Okay, I know he has military service to do but he'll be back right after, right? Or maybe we'll have a wedding :wub: & then some rest but he will come back, he has to! :tears:

I mean even after 4 years, i can wait =) I know his new fans will grow old & old fans will grow older but once he comes back they'll all be there for him, i think this is what he means in the MV, this is what he wants, don't you think?

Guest Heaven2100

Uhh, finally i'm replying in this thread, because after this album i have to reply.

First of all i have to be honest, Digital Bounce mini album? i didn't really like it. I meant, for me.. It wasn't Se7en. I missed the old se7en, and in this album i got him! 

I Can't say I LOVED all the songs, but some songs i really loved. 

Now i have to be honest, i prefer Se7en in Korean.. I don't know.. he sounds good in japanese, but he sounds the best in korean, but the both versions of Somebody else were awesome. 

But, i was impressed the most with That Person and Understand. First of all, that person is an awesome song, great melody, great vocals, really impressed by that song. 

Understand.. when i first heard the song in japanese, i really didn't like it, but then i gave it a try in korean. Really, Have u heard his amazing vocals in there?! Seriously amazing. How he delivers every single word, it just pure.. awesomness to say the least. I'm really impressed, he matured so much, his voice matured so much... And i really hope he will continue in that style, because he just really delivered it, and I'm deeply impressed. Some lines, like "mianhe, jongmal mianhe", how he delivered it really got me. he moved through the melody.. and i'm talking too much now coz i'm jsut deeply impressed. 

And of course.. great combination: jyp and se7en. They really should collaborate more. And it's great to see Se7en dancing again in the mv:)

soo, basically.. can't wait to hear more from Se7en here.. and how about a FULL ALBUM finally?!?!?!?

have a great day guys;)

Guest Tekashi

Se7en`s 2nd mini album take over the charts!

topchart.jpg

Se7en’s new single When I Can’t Sing, which made issues for being written by Park Jin Young in the first ever YG Entertainment and JYP Entertainment collaboration, is shooting through the roof of music charts, forewarning a big success to come.

When I Can’t Sing was revealed on February 1 along with the rest of Se7en’s new mini album, and immediately rose to the no. 1 spot on live charts for various online music sites such as Melon, Mnet, Dosirak, Naver and Nate.

The song’s lyrics tell of the loneliness a singer at the top of his career feels outside of the spotlight, and the song itself is an R&B piece accompanied with a mellow piano melody. It boasts a special stylishness by combining Se7en’s attractive vocals with Park Jin Young’s producing skills.

The music video that was released with the song visualizes the message contained in the lyrics, and shows Se7en performing onstage along with how he is as a normal person offstage.

The music video especially drew interest for the cameo appearance of Big Bang’s G-Dragon. He appeared as the singer up to perform after Se7en’s performance, and despite the fact that he was busy with Big Bang’s comeback preparations and that he would only be appearing for a very short time, he immediately took up the offer to appear in the music video when it came.

Se7en’s new mini album not only contains the first single cut When I Can’t Sing, but also five other tracks including Somebody Else, an electronic pop song written by YG Entertainment’s most prominent composer Teddy and Big Bang member Taeyang.

Se7en will start promoting this exciting collaboration between YG and JYPE with a comeback stage on February 5 in SBS’ Inkigayo.

7-naver.jpg

7-mnet.jpg

7-melon.jpg

7-dosirak.jpg

7-bugs.jpg

credits: enewsWorld + tekashi @ http://z12.invisionfree.com/Se7enth_Heaven

------------------------------------------------------

2nd mini album wallpapers

1024x768

th_wall_se7en_29_1024.jpg th_wall_se7en_30_1024.jpg th_wall_se7en_31_1024.jpg

1280x1024

th_wall_se7en_29_1280.jpg th_wall_se7en_30_1280.jpg th_wall_se7en_31_1280.jpg