[drama 2008] Spotlight 스포트라이트

Guest f0reveralways

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spotlight on MBC’s Spotlight

May 8th, 2008 // by javabeans

spotlight7.jpg

Taking up the time slot previously occupied by Who Are You?, MBC’s next big series is gearing up for its broadcast: Spotlight, starring Sohn Yejin in her return to television (she was last seen on TV in 2006’s Alone in Love, after which she acted in three movies: Open City, Nak-rang Club, and My Wife Got Married). The cast was at the press conference on May 8 to talk about the upcoming drama.

Directed by Kim Do Hoon and written by Lee Ki Won, the new Wednesday-Thursday drama centers around the world of television news, with each of the four leads playing news reporters at one broadcast station. Sohn Yejin is a newb reporter who’s just joined the station after beating out fierce competition, while male lead Ji Jin Hee plays a local news reporter already at the station (he’s sure got the standard news-anchor helmet hair!). Rounding out the cast are Jin Gu as a junior reporter who’d gone to university with Sohn’s character, and her rival Jo Yoon Hee, who’s moved from the politics department; their eyes are fixed on an anchor spot as the ultimate goal.

I think the series may get initial On Air comparisons merely by virtue of revolving around television, but I don’t think it’ll share too many similarities (at least, I hope not). Actually, from the description, it really sounds more like a reworking of All About Eve — but can they improve on a kdrama classic? (And is it weird calling something classic when it’s just eight years old?) The series premieres its first episode on May 14.

spotlight1.jpgspotlight10.jpg

spotlight11.jpgspotlight13.jpg

spotlight14.jpgspotlight15.jpg

spotlight2.jpgspotlight4.jpg

spotlight5.jpgspotlight8.jpg

Via Hankyung

source: dramabeans.com

Guest kdramafanusa

New Official trailer for Spotlight:

Hi Ys_jen, thanks for the new goodies. :)

Please join us more often once the show starts.

thanks to Kdramafanusa and Shirley for the additional press conference pics and video links...I was about to add more yesterday but my place had a blackout so I didn't had the time to open the PC for a while...

Hi Koalabear - thanks for all the updates as well, you are superfast. :)

I love White Tower, hopefully writer Lee's new script will once again be wonderful. SYJ was great in Alone In Love, I hope she will nail this role too. I can sense SYJ & JJH's chemistry from the pics, they will be great together. :)

The premiere day is almost here, the wait is about to be over....

Spotlight on MBC’s Spotlight

May 8th, 2008 // by javabeans

Thanks Jinkzzmec for sharing. :)

And Wow, it's been a while since JJH's been in a drama, right? I still remember watching Spring Day with him and Jo In Sung in it. xD

Ayame-chan, JJH starred in several movies since Spring Day. I believe this is his followup drama.

wow, she was in Alone in Love? she looks soooo different here, even younger looking.. hehe

HI Smiley6yrl, she was the heroine in Alone In Love. :)

I will watch this Drama.

Like to story line.^^

Hi Mandalaywith, we'll be watching the same shows. :)

Guest zacey

i am really excited over this show... mmm.... counting down.... :rolleyes:

thank you so much for the pic.... I never thought that Son Ye Jin and Ji Jin Hee would look soo compatiable. SYJ looks gorgerous as always. I wish JJH cut his hair shorter though...but he's still very handsome.

+WS+

hahaha.. ya ya.. it never cross my mind that these 2 will be so compatible on screen... :lol:

hmmm... agree on the hair part... still prefer him in short hair... :P

Hi WS,

My SYJ looks great with all her leading men.. Hehehe..

I think JJH will look even more handsome with shorter hair too.

haha... cant resist commenting.... noticed your My SYJ..... :lol:

Guest jessT

Hi WS,

My SYJ looks great with all her leading men.. Hehehe..

I think JJH will look even more handsome with shorter hair too.

yes, so do I think

SYJ looks great with all her co-star

and JJH looks great with short hair, but I like his long hair,too

Guest kdramafanusa

additional pics from the Press Conference from MBC

Koalabear, thanks for uploading these pics. :)

have you all watch the 5 min preview ? ..~~

here's a link . btw there seem to be quite a few familar faces from the cast of Rebirth lol especially the detectives .

Thanks Shirley. PD Kim Do-hoon's one of the producers/directors of Rebirth. :)

haha... cant resist commenting.... noticed your My SYJ..... :lol:

Hi Zacey, should I change it to our SYJ? :)

Guest kdramafanusa

Based on previous works of writer Lee (adaptation of Japanese novel White Tower) and PD Kim (Rebirth), I don't think "Spotlight" will be classified as Romance. Unless they are doing something completely different.

Have any of us here seen J-drama "Beauty And The Beast" with Matsushima Nanako and Fukuyama Masaharu? Maybe a little bit similar to that instead of previous K-dramas such as "All About Eve"?

In the Chosun interview with JJH & SYJ, the reporters asked them whether "Spotlight" is similar to movie "Up Close And Personal" (1996) with Robert Redford, Michelle Pfeiffer.

Seems like we have a reunion of many of our favorites: White Tower (writer) + Rebirth (PD) + Alone In Love (SYJ) + leading man JJH. :)

Will we get an absolutely awsome drama? We will be able to find out starting next week.

Guest Happy_Day

Wow, SonYehJin looks really comfy with JiJinHee. She's usually kind of standoffish with people she doesn't know well. :)

Guest kdramafanusa

Wow, SonYehJin looks really comfy with JiJinHee. She's usually kind of standoffish with people she doesn't know well. :)

I agree, she also seemed friendly with her Open City co-star KimMyungMin.

Both of them (JJH & KMM) are already married though.

Guest ys_jen

Based on previous works of writer Lee (adaptation of Japanese novel White Tower) and PD Kim (Rebirth), I don't think "Spotlight" will be classified as Romance. Unless they are doing something completely different.

Spotlight is definitely not a romance drama.. the director/writer/actors said that the romance part only comes near the end, and even then it will be a relationship based more on trust.. They said that the drama focuses on their relationship more in terms of a mentor-mentee.. :)

Guest kdramafanusa

Spotlight is definitely not a romance drama.. the director/writer/actors said that the romance part only comes near the end, and even then it will be a relationship based more on trust.. They said that the drama focuses on their relationship more in terms of a mentor-mentee.. :)

Hi Ys_jen, thanks for replying.

Guest White Star

5 more days till the show premiere...i'm excited

Thank You so much for posting pictures of the press conference

+WS+

Guest ripgal

I saw the preview.. and gosh, didn't realise JJH had such a sexy voice..:wub:

Tho he's not the super handsome type, I think I'd be attracted to him because of his voice..hehehe...

Guest ~XoX~

This series is looking extremely slick. The JJH x SYJ pairing is looking fantastic! A mature and beautiful-looking couple indeed.

The storyline of the drama is also really interesting. I really want to see the inside lives of the (much hated) paparazzi. However, I'm sure the series will be filled with plot twists and intrigue. I can't wait!

Thank you so much everyone for the updated pictures and clips!

Archived