[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the main plot of EOE from episode 1 is about the bond and love of 2 brothers, the ending to me is proper and meaningful to revisit it in the end. Ultimate love of one brother to the other and the promise Dc made to his father to always keep an eye on DW..It reminds of the song and lyrics - "he is my brother, he ain't heavy...". it gives me that feeling at the end of the whole journey of EOE and I will take that with me from this show. Though with mixed feeling, I think the writers/PD has put it very clearly in the end.Thanks to Luv and all who contributed to making this thread a memorable one.

Lyrics- original sung by the hollies

The road is long

With many a winding turn

That leads us to who knows where

Who knows where

But I'm strong

Strong enough to carry him

He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go

His welfare is of my concern

No burden is he to bear

We'll get there

For I know

He would not encumber me

If I'm laden at all

I'm laden with sadness

That everyone's heart

Isn't filled with the gladness

Of love for one another

It's a long, long road

From which there is no return

While we're on the way to there

Why not share

And the load

Doesn't weigh me down at all

He ain't heavy he's my brother

He's my brother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1KtScrqtbc

sooo glad i never started this drama but only watched random eps, the ending sucks

20090311-good-day-east-of-eden-specialasf.jpg

20090311 Good Day

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MRAQU27Q

I wish I never started this dang drama. what a tear jerking mess. Life just sucked all the way thu this familys life. and the ending ....you have to be kidding.....good lord what a waste of my time. well at least DC got an award for his acting. Boys over flowers better have a good ending or I am giving up on Korean dramas...lol..gosh i am so ticked....grrrr...

Finally bite the bullet and watched both episodes.

It was very teary especially the saddest part was when he said his goodbye to YR, told her he didn't want to leave because of her, and they made the promise to see each other in the next life and asked her to take care of herself. I don't know how YR can live without DC. Maybe it is better if we have an ending like MISIA. Then at least they can be together. Poor YR, being a widow twice and try to bring up her daughter alone. But at least she will get the Lee's family support. Some of the loose ends not tied up is what happened to DC's dream of Kangwon-Do and also what happened to Dae Hwa Group (did YR or Wang Gun manage to clean it off its corruption). How come MH didn't go to jail for bribing? Those are unanswered questions.

I wonder what MBC/script writers think if they know people are just not going back to watch it or buy the DVD boxset because of the bad ending, maybe that will kick some sense into their head :w00t:

Guest maydai3333

wow wow....after 56 episodes, this is what we get? Really??? I'm just in shock here. I mean through out the whole series, i was optimistic and was like maybe the writers will give us a happy ending. WTF is she smoking?

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FOR MY OPINION ... I REALLY LIKE THIS DRAMA !!! THERE IS A LOT OF LESSON HERE TO LEARN .... I APPLAUD THE WRITER OR THE SCRIPTWRITER IN THIS STORY ... I KNOW IT IS VERY SAD THAT THE MAIN CHARACTER DIED ... BUT IF YOU THINK ABOUT THIS STORY ... IT IS ALL ABOUT LOVE , HATE , HIGH AMBITION AND DECEITFUL ..

AND I THINK THE WRITER OR SCRIPTWRITER DID THE GOOD JOB ... THERE IS LOTS OF SUSPENSE AND THE CLIMAX IS AT THE END .... I KNOW YOU GUYS LIKE THE HAPPY ENDING ...I DO TOO !!! BUT SOMETIMES IT 'S A LITTLE BIT CORNY THOUGH ... B/C YOU KNOW ALREADY WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN IN ALL EPISODES... IN THIS STORY , YOU GUYS GOT CAUGHT BY SURPRISED B/C THEY TWISTED THE CHARACTER OF SOME PEOPLE .... JUST LIKE I SAID TOO MANY SUSPENSE ...

EXCESNA ..... YOU ARE RIGHT ... THE SONG AND LYRIC ARE SUIT IN THIS STORY ... I WISH THEY PLAY THIS AS THEIR BACKROUND WHEN DC GOT SHOT AND DW WAS THEIR TOO .... I WILL BE CRYING SO HARD THAT I NEED A BUCKET FOR ALL MY TEARS....

BRAVO TO ALL ACTRESSES AND ACTORS FOR THE GOOD JOB .... !!!

I LOVE KDRAMA ....!!!

News article-as reported.

伊甸之东》大腕云集,包括朴海镇、赵敏基、李多海、延正勋、宋承宪、李妍熙、李美淑、刘东根和韩智慧(从左至右)

新浪娱乐讯 北京时间3月11日上午消息,据韩国媒体报道,MBC电视台月火剧《伊甸之东》昨(3月10日)晚播出大结局,以超过30%的收视成绩圆满落下帷幕,为长达7个月的播放画上了圆满的句号。

据韩国收视率调查公司TNS传媒发布的统计数据显示,昨晚播出的《伊甸之东》大结局收视达到30.1%,这是自《花样男子》热播以来,《伊甸之东》收视率首次重返30%以上。

《伊甸之东》去年刚刚开播时,以宋承宪的荧屏复出,延正勋、李多海、李妍熙、韩智慧等人组成的超豪华阵容获得了很高的人气,收视率曾一度高达 30%以上。然而在进入09年后,随着《花样男子》的热播,《伊甸之东》受到明显影响,收视率跌破30%的同时,还被夺去了月火剧收视冠军宝座。而昨晚播出的《伊甸之东》,凭借宋承宪(饰李东哲)之死等冲击性的剧情,再次成功带动收视率超过30%,为长达7个月的播放画上了圆满的句号。南安宇/版权所有 Mydaily禁止转载

It touched briefly that last year the ratings of EOE has reached above 30% when they had a full cast including LDH(her name was mentioned together) with LYH and HJH.Then this year beginning 09 it has been affected by BOF in the ratings. The final episode surpass 30% for the first time again ,after beaten by BOF, contributed largely by the shocking death of LDC bringing the 7 months to a fitting closure.

source:ent.sina.com.cn(11/03/09)

Guest nycstrawberri21

so they went with the beautiful but sad ending... this wouldnt be a bad ending if the plot hadnt been so muddled in the middle... if the story kept going instead of getting lost in sidestories and the massive amount of characters the ending would have been epic and beautiful because DC is a man who sacrificed everything in order to see the people that he loved together at last...

the only thing that pisses me off is that DC and YR gets such little time to be actually happy... i know the one day is 1000 years thing is what they are going for but if you think about they got such little time to actually have smiles on they faces before someone gets kidnapped or whatnot...

man that was painful...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Why did DC have to die and DW lived. DC Just got married and was going to start a family with Grace finally.

I really Hate the ending. I feel like I wasted my time watching this drama because I thought it would have a happy ending.

I Love watching Korean Dramas, But not the sad ones. If I hear that the storyline is sad or that it has a bad ending, then I will not watch it.

Right Now I Feel So Sad!!!! :tears: But I keep telling myself, "It's Only A Drama" :rolleyes: But I Still Feel Sad!!! :mellow::(:tears:

Guest dharmakhan

very bad ending...Dc sudden death such a shock...even though this is not a happy drama from the beginning...thewriter and friend suppose to retire from drama work forever... :excl:

Heard that MBC has posted the BTS of Episode 55's wedding scene. Haven't got a MBC account. Maybe some kind soul here can post a link for YouTube or download link to see it. Also heard that pictures from wrap up party is also posted on MBC website.

Yes..I think at the end JH realizes that she does love MH and she supports him in whatever decision she makes. You can see that at the last 2 episodes.

Unfortunately MH/JH, Ki-Soon/Wang Gun are the only couple with good ending.

I want to know about Ji Hyun and Myun Hoon?

Does JH love MH?

I agree that they try to prortray DC as a man who will do anything for his family and the people he loved. However, it still hurts because of the little happy time he has in his live. My mind keeps replaying his last scene when he said he didn't want to leave because of YR and they promised each other to meet in the next life. Then all the scenes of their tearful partings in the past due to Mike and President Guk's etc reappeared. They were separated for so long and finally got the blessing from their father /mother to be together.

I guess in nowadays world where we see so much tragedy, bad news about the economy, we need some good vibes to cheer us up.

That was truly painful to see although I keep telling myself this was just a drama.... Maybe this is what the writer want to achieve. I think Lee Seung Chul's song suited this drama so much. Now when I hear this song, I think of DC & YR more than KSW/LBY in the movie Sadder than Sad Story. The lyrics seemed so tailor made for them.

so they went with the beautiful but sad ending... this wouldnt be a bad ending if the plot hadnt been so muddled in the middle... if the story kept going instead of getting lost in sidestories and the massive amount of characters the ending would have been epic and beautiful because DC is a man who sacrificed everything in order to see the people that he loved together at last...

the only thing that pisses me off is that DC and YR gets such little time to be actually happy... i know the one day is 1000 years thing is what they are going for but if you think about they got such little time to actually have smiles on they faces before someone gets kidnapped or whatnot...

man that was painful...

That was truly painful to see although I keep telling myself this was just a drama.... Maybe this is what the writer want to achieve. I think Lee Seung Chul's song suited this drama so much. Now when I hear this song, I think of DC & YR more than KSW/LBY in the movie Sadder than Sad Story. The lyrics seemed so tailor made for them.

ME TOO ! You know what on my way driving to work I kept telling myself .. "it's just a drama, it's not real.. it's made belief .." but then Red Bean by Davichi played on my car stereo and i remembered how difficult it was for YR and DC to be together at the end .. Those first time meeting when YR went to DC boat in Maccau, telling her dad that she met 'Onassis', then when DC had to give up YR when she married Mike... they went such a long way just to get to this point. It's so useless ....

I hate the yellow bright sun shinning part where DC looked at baby DongRan and smiled !!! What are you smiling at ??? YOU'RE DEAD !! YOUR WIFE AND DAUGHTER IS LEFT ALL ALONE WITHOUT YOU ! :tears:

Guest savingwork

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Why did DC have to die and DW lived. DC Just got married and was going to start a family with Grace finally.

I really Hate the ending. I feel like I wasted my time watching this drama because I thought it would have a happy ending.

I Love watching Korean Dramas, But not the sad ones. If I hear that the storyline is sad or that it has a bad ending, then I will not watch it.

Right Now I Feel So Sad!!!! :tears: But I keep telling myself, "It's Only A Drama" :rolleyes:But I Still Feel Sad!!! :mellow::(:tears:

Not only is DC dead,

YCH had a heart attack and dies, DW kills himself from the guilt of killing his own brother.

The last image of one big happy family is so fake, and I can say confidently it’s only DC imagining/dreaming of what things supposed to be , just like Guk imagine DC/YR wedding.

The writer though she could get away <_< with her ridiculous ending by giving us a smiling DW, a seemingly happy widowed YR and a united family!!! :blink:

Personally, I will edit the final episode where DC yells “No… DW”, then stop..Delete the DC-gets-shot in his heart scene, and skip to baby Guk,YR and DW smiling calling his brother to “Come in”, delete DC smiling stupidly from heaven. END. Yes, it seems kind of open-end but at least we can interpret it as a good ending. Not that I am biased for a happy ending but the writer could have crippled DC or something so that DW could care for him the rest of his life. Death is way to easy, and should not be the only option, especially considering how EOE portrayed DC as superman, but eoe has never been consistent in many things.

EOE is not going to be remembered by this tragic, illogical ending because many viewers will opt to forget about the entire show rather than remember DC senseless death. Senseless because it does more harm than good.

I can say that the ending is not sad nor touching but stupid (sorry). And Two words to sum up EOE in general: DARK and TRAGIC. Not hopeful and touching as we believed it would be.

I don’t even know how to think about the earlier touching scenes of the brothers together.. It’s like all fake and meaningless. Before watching the ending, I admired the family love in earlier episode and DC DW relationship. And the next logical plot would be to stop portraying DC as the only giving person and for the sake of saving DW’s character; DW should have stepped up and did something to repay DC. Instead now I’m left with the question? Who is DW? A good but confused man, or one ingrate man who does not deserve to continue with his life. His mistake, no matter what the reason was, is completely unforgivable; DW should never forgive himself, nor should the Lees. :tears:

When I think about the characters that EOE leaves behind, all i can remember :

DC is foolish.

DW is evil, selfish,…(whatever name calling you want, which is sad considering how good he was portrayed, I love the earlier episodes :D )

MH as spoiled boy who always-even till the end-got what he wants. He played a big role in separating the brother and did nothing to bring them back together. Two Words: SELFISH and SELF-CENTERD, he’s even worse than DW. OF course I blame the writers for not touching on this issue.

IT is so frustrating how all the character in eoe are depicted as victims, when they themselves caused their own problems by not raising above their fate amidst the evilness that lurked around them. And unfortunately, even the love they had was not able to save any of them…pure dark and tragic in my opinion..

Thank God, we have brains to come up with a better ending than the writer. ;)

I hope everyone enjoy their own ending of a truly smiling DC, YR, DW,YCH and everyone else. :)

Archived