[info] Hollywood Bowl 2008 (korean Music Festival)

Guest khype

Guest BoAspika

I'm certain Korea times will give us a month warning

before pre-sale starts.

People no one knows for sure which artist will be attending

they are randomly announced a bit before the concert...usually

they announce a few HOT artist in the beginning and towards

the end too.

I will most likely need other people to buy a garden box.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Firetails

I think I'll need one more person for a Garden Box, too. I'll have to check for sure, of course, but it's definitely a possibility.

Guest dianaLuv

QUESTION:

My sisters and I hope to get a garden box (there will be 4 of us) and I was wondering if the boxes were arranged so that we sit next to each other. Because the seating chart that I looked at confused me a little and kind of looked like we would be sitting behind each other. Also, if anyone who has ever been in the garden box would please explain the view it gives the stage that would be great. I want to know whether the garden box or pool seats have the better view.

Guest Sherrane

QUESTION:

My sisters and I hope to get a garden box (there will be 4 of us) and I was wondering if the boxes were arranged so that we sit next to each other. Because the seating chart that I looked at confused me a little and kind of looked like we would be sitting behind each other. Also, if anyone who has ever been in the garden box would please explain the view it gives the stage that would be great. I want to know whether the garden box or pool seats have the better view.

This link will show you a general view you'll get from each seat:

(just click on the seat on the chart)

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/seating_chart.cfm

Like you said, you will be sitting behind eachother. Two in front and two in back.

-------

| o o |

| o o |

-------

lmao, a quick sketch of a box?!

o = person

I called Korean Times this afternoon to ask for the date.

The lady picked up in Korean, but I don't know Korean so I was like "Do you speak English?"

And she changes to English (not good though) & I asked her when it was.

She just repeated "Not yet...not yet..." over & over.

So I was like "Err...okay...are we able to reserve seats?"

And she goes "What? Hollywood Bowl? Not yet, not yet!"

Then she transferred me to some answering machine so I hung up.

LOL, it was the worst!

yea i called to and i was confused whether it was a voicemail and also cuz i don't speak korean..i think the only words she understood from me was hollywood bowl..but i got an answering machine too..

Guest Cheon Changmin

^

Yeah, it was directly the answearing machine, otherwise, she would say ____ ibnida and you'd hear more voices in the background xD, but yeah, I called for information but they send me to the voice mail over and over again and I'm calling international =(

Guest lilbabiegrl4u2c

my friend and i are thinking about getting garden seats but we're not sure how it works since some people have been saying that it needs to be bought in groups of 4-6? we both live in cali but my friend goes to school in norcal and i go to school in socal... this would be our first time going to hb and we're really excited :)

Guest shiddough

*popsin*

OMG YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKKYYYYY DBSK IS COMING TO HB! OMGGGGGGGGGGG. SO FUN. YOU GUYS WIN AT FANGIRLING. boo. we singaporeans are just...small tiny ppl to be noticed. boo. anyway the cheapest tix are 15bux? lollll. that means the seats would be daaaaaaaaamn far.

gosh. enjoy yrself! :D

*popsin*

OMG YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKKYYYYY DBSK IS COMING TO HB! OMGGGGGGGGGGG. SO FUN. YOU GUYS WIN AT FANGIRLING. boo. we singaporeans are just...small tiny ppl to be noticed. boo. anyway the cheapest tix are 15bux? lollll. that means the seats would be daaaaaaaaamn far.

DBSK is coming to HB09? i thought they wont be able to come because of their Japan tours? where did u hear that? j/w.

Guest soccerinkorea

*popsin*

Eh the art ist list on the 1st page of this thread is not the artist list for the Hollywood Bowl 2009.

Its last years list, DBSK or nobody has been confirmed... DBSK came last year

Guest 5613love

my friend and i are thinking about getting garden seats but we're not sure how it works since some people have been saying that it needs to be bought in groups of 4-6? we both live in cali but my friend goes to school in norcal and i go to school in socal... this would be our first time going to hb and we're really excited :)

i emailed the korea times people to ask them about the garden box thing.

this is what they said:

Box seats are only sold as a group of 4 or 6 until we have sold good number.

We usually release few of them about a month before the concert. Good luck.

haha, i see quite a few ppl are talking about getting a garden box.

me and my friend still have to get 2 tickets but if we call (cuz thats the only way to order a couple of box tickets instead of having to get the whole box) do they speak english well? i mean, if i call, will they send me to a voice message like someone said above or will they mess my order up if they don't understand? if thats so, then i need to find some ppl to share a gb with me (haha, sorry, but i totally want front row this year and i'm getting all antsy) because i'll be ordering online instead :sweatingbullets:

Guest lilbabiegrl4u2

i emailed the korea times people to ask them about the garden box thing.

this is what they said:

oh okay thanks a lot 5613love :)

if that's the case anyone wanna add to the box or add two to your box? :D

Guest ashleyx

for garden box or pool circle

when you buy a ticket do you get a specific seat number?

or is it like first come first serve [for pool circle]

and for garden box is it all on luck which section youd get?

Guest KIM YOOMEH

haha, i see quite a few ppl are talking about getting a garden box.

me and my friend still have to get 2 tickets but if we call (cuz thats the only way to order a couple of box tickets instead of having to get the whole box) do they speak english well? i mean, if i call, will they send me to a voice message like someone said above or will they mess my order up if they don't understand? if thats so, then i need to find some ppl to share a gb with me (haha, sorry, but i totally want front row this year and i'm getting all antsy) because i'll be ordering online instead :sweatingbullets:

i think the only reason why a lot are getting transfered into a voice message is due to people calling and calling asking for information. they do speak english really well. if they answer in korean when tickets are available to order, ask them if they speak english and they'll understand you perfectly, so there's no worries : )

for garden box or pool circle

when you buy a ticket do you get a specific seat number?

or is it like first come first serve [for pool circle]

and for garden box is it all on luck which section youd get?

They give you the best available seat.. for garden box at least.

I think it's the same for pool circle.

Guest tazanya

Greetings everyone.

I feel the excitement that everyone has over HB2009. Rather than speculate about things I have no control over.. although I think I am gonna go to the Powerhouselive site (they produce the show) to beg on behalf of Big Bang, I would like to share some of my thoughts on seating and ticket purchase. I attended last years Hollywood Bowl, I had a blast even though I did not know one solitary soul at the event. I thought being a 30-yr old black female in a see of 20K koreans would be wierd but it was so much fun. If anyone is wavering or thinking about not going, it would be a travesty. If you can afford to go, this will be a highlight of your year for sure. PM me if your in the Las Vegas area and are looking for transportation because I am driving down early for some possible Big Bang/2PM hunting.

There were several things I wish I would have known prior to 1) tickets going on sale and 2) arriving at the event. Today I would like to give my two cents to ticket purchases...with the caveat that this is only my opinion and I am a YG/JYP person so I wasn't interested in the extra cost of the pool seats.

Tickets -- tickets go FAST for garden box and pool. It's like a Miley concert. Best bet is to call on the phone. call early and often. That said.. don't despair if you don't get through or don't have the money yet. I ended up selling a terrace tix and buying a garden box days before the show (I picked up the ticket the morning of the concert). Great seat, everyone in my box was so much fun and so sweet.

What tix to buy: The seating chart for the HB is not very descriptive of the exact seating. The picture below (from mortigotempo message board), will give you a good idea when your ordered over the phone of where the actual seat number/box number you are assigned is located, but the extended stage is not described in the picture. Each box (garden or terrace) has 4-6 director style chairs and folding tables kinda like in an airplane. Don't bring too too much stuff or the box will be cramped.

BestHollywoodBowlPic.jpg

Below is my HORRIBLE Microsoft Paint rendition of the extended stage. You will see that the extended stage is installed in the aisle between the pool circle and the garden boxes. so there are effectively two first rows.

The problem with pool circle, for me is that I am short, as other ppl have discussed, when the artists are on the extended stage they are behind you. Some artists last year spent ALOT of time on the extended stage. Plus most ppl stand up in the pool circle, but since its all on the same level it looked like some shorter ppl were having problems seeing around the signs and wands and heads. (the rest of HB is sloped like an auditorium so seeing is not as much of a problem). Now if you have intentions of touching/mauling/grabbing or otherwise getting a hold of your favorite star there is no place better for that than the Pool circle.

To me the front row of each box section are good seats for example 1056 because noone is directly in front of you, you have a clear shot of the stage, and you can get great wide angle photos/video. but that's just me. Don't let the closeness of the ramp seats fool you, they are way way way to edge even the jumbotron was a bit hard to see from there (i tested it out b/c i know I would go again and wanted to see what those seats were like.)

Which is not to say that the gardenterrace boxes dont have its drawbacks, esp. for the younger acts (cough DBSK, Super Junior) fans would stand in the aisles and walkways blocking the view. The Security tried to clamp down on this but were not that successful...you know who you are. Honestly if there are only a couple of artists you are interested in I would get a great camera and purchase a more affordable ticket, then play "keep away" with the security lol. (not sure if I should endorse breaking the rules, but oh well)

RoughDrawingofHollywoodBowl.jpg

I hope this helps people who are trying to figure out what seats they want.

As for me, I want a garden box again, I have a specific one in mind. If anyone else is looking to join a box or has one space open in their box, let me know.

Hope to see everyone there!

Guest love*beat

^ Thank you for your advice! (: It was EXTREMELY helpful~! :D

Can you also answer some of my questons? :sweatingbullets:

1. If you do end up having to sell your ticket, how would you go about doing that?

(I don't have experience selling on soompi)

2. And did you buy the garden box tickets online also? Was it difficult getting that ticket?

Guest C0N5T4NC3

I have a question about the extended stage thing. I was looking at this and I was wondering if that's how the extended stage is.

So the extended stage and first row of garden box (the ones right in front of the extended stage) don't have a gap between them? Would you be right in front of the extended stage?

Archived