Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest meelis

Here it is (thank you @lucy13880 for posting it in the MLE thread)

Showbiz Korea EXCLUSIVE DATE ACTOR JOO JIN MO

As usual, I have to rewatch several times some parts to understand what he wants to say.:) I guess he has this sinuous way of thinking and speaking that makes it hard to translate. And as @salijoo said, he uses a diverse vocabulary... his angular image?:P

Guest meelis

Haha, @lucy13880, I feel you, for sure it's not easy to translate this interview, good luck!

From the news articles:

w6lEEE.jpg

eMPHuD.jpg

That's it, his favorite movie is A Love and his favorite drama is/will be My Love Eun Dong, this hopeless romantic (he even believes such love can happen in real life WOW)......:):wub:

Guest meelis

About Eun Ho:

4thTe3.jpg

About the musicals, I think he's positive that it was his first and last venture? He doesn't feel it's his cup of tea, because it's more about singing than acting. Good, no more musicals, please. :)

About the musicals, I think he's positive that it was his first and last venture? He doesn't feel it's his cup of tea, because it's more about singing than acting. Good, no more musicals, please. :)

Having finished translated. And omo I like his interview so much as always.

Thankfully it is English subbed.

Like his attitude to audience and his career.

He's more and more mature than before who now has a peaceful heart and respectful attitude in his middle age.

Like this man. 

• Like 3

Guest meelis

Having finished translated. And omo I like his interview so much as always.

Thankfully it is English subbed.

Like his attitude to audience and his career.

He's more and more mature than before who now has a peaceful heart and respectful attitude in his middle age.

Like this man. 

Me too! Agree about everything else, I don't feel a pressure to be successful at any price from him and he is a delight to watch and to listen. Not to mention his candor which is unique in this business where people care more about their image than the truth.

Some screenshots I snatched from Baidu, thank you :) (http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3830119560)

BsDLvy.jpg

qdVzgn.jpg

AfOfxL.jpg

I thought the Soompiers in this thread would like to know about a podcast that is all about K-drama and that talks about (and swoooooooooons over!) Joo Jin Mo and "My Love Eun Dong" in its latest episode. ^_^

You can download it for free via iTunes (the name of the podcast is "K-drama Addiction Therapy")
or listen/download via the website: http://kdramapod.com/episode-12/

We hope you'll enjoy it!

Direct link to iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/se/podcast/k-drama-addiction-therapy/id957840613?mt=2&ls=1

• Like 3

I love the interview, I was able to watch it on TV yesterday. The interviewer keeps on laughing, lol.. Love his wits as usual..

Pic from Elle photoshoot

dp2zZHv.jpg

Edited by jei_em
  • Like 3

Cr seungshinl

link http://www.elle.co.kr/article/view.asp?MenuCode=en010302&intSno=13151

Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang, It’s a good thing it is ‘Eun Dong’

Kim Sa Rang’s name is ‘Love (sarang)’ and Joo Jin Mo routinely acts as a man who puts his life on the line for love.  They are in JTBC Drama ‘My Love Eundon.’  It may become an unforgettable love story in their respective filmography.

‘My Love Eun Dong’ begins on May 29th on JTBC.  The title sounds traditional but both actors say they were attracted by the title first.  Normally serious Joo Jin Mo turns into an unusually light hearted, fresh and comfortable ‘oppa.’  Kim Sa Rang who is treated like a princess all the time turns into an independent second daughter who doesn’t want to show hardship outward.  It’s like meeting two actors who are yet to find the clearly defined roles that express their true personalities.  

Like Ji Eun Ho in search of his first love in the drama Joo Jin Mo feels he can understand Ji Eun Ho’s heart.  Kim Sa Rang also experienced a situation like ‘Eun Dong’ where people around her did not acknowledge her for what she is.  The chemistry between the actors and the characters are already at work.

Ju Jin Mo ‘I want to put some color on the name Joo Jin Mo’

It’s been a long time since we see him dressed so dandy.  Perhaps it’s because his most recent project was ‘Empress Ki,’ he looks fresh.  

Is that So?  Do I look a little different (laughs)?

The reason for taking on ‘My Love Eun Dong’

Being in so many stereotypical roles people have a pre-determined perception about me.  I always feel like an actor with a wall.  When I received this script I felt this could be something different than my previous roles.  It is a familiar love story but I felt like I can let ‘my acting go.’  I like that I can show individuality in appearance as well.

Ji Eun Ho as a character

I was in a Kwak Kyung Taek PD movie ‘Love’ in which the lead was ‘all in’ for the woman he loved in the past, even willing to give his life.  Eun Ho is similar.  He is a top star who is unable to forget his first love and holds his pure love in his heart .  He acts properly on camera but treats staff ill.  I thought it would be fun to show the ferocious side of an actor’s life as well.  

Is it awkward for an actor to play a top star

It can be awkward to follow the script closely so I’d take some things out where necessary but I do try my best to express the role suitable for the circumstance.  Trusting the power of editing I am acting comfortably even throwing around swear words freely.  PDnim doesn’t restrain and lets me act naturally.

Is that your natural acting style

Not my acting style but my personality (laughs).  I think I will be able to show the bright and carefree side which is my own personality through this role.  It was mentally and physically difficult filming for Empress Ki last year.  It had something to do with it being a saguk but it was difficult being strapped into the pure and noble box throughout.  I wanted to peel that off of me.  

Great overseas response to Empress Ki

I’ve heard that not long ago.  I’m pretty slow in that regard.  I understand the show was #1 among all foreign dramas in Taiwan.  Ha Ji Won-ssi and (Ji) Chang Wook held their fan meetings already and it didn’t feel right for me to do something after the fact.  It is natural for entertainers to take advantage of popular projects but I am not skilled in that.  It was the same when ‘200 pound beauty’ became very popular. I didn’t shoot a lot of CF’s then either.  ‘I am an actor not an entertainer.’ I try to look at it positively.

Filmography since your debut 16 years ago

Many of my contemporaries have trademark projects they are strongly associated with. I don’t think I have one that represents me as of yet.  So I think of myself as an actor with lots of potential.  One thing I regret is getting older without being able to show all my potential.  Since I have a lot of experience I have the confidence to use it as a basis for more defined acting.

You are recognized for ‘Happy End’ and ‘Wanee and Junah’ and ‘Happy End’

I wasn’t working for such roles but because of my voice and the look I’ve been typecast into tough and manly roles.  I’m not into mysticism or looking for a mask but the projects and the mass media placed a mask on me.  People who know the real me says Ju Jin Mo is a real gag man.  The public does not know him well.  I really am a lot of fun.

What do you do when you are not on a project

Since I finished Empress Ki I’ve been doing sports constantly.  I started golfing again and once I went out a couple of time I got the taste for winning.  Until this fall I practically lived at the golf course.  I also like fishing.  I’ve been all over the country fishing.  I also play baseball with friends on weekends.

You are living an athlete’s life

That is true.  I live a sportsman’s life.  I guess it’s good to have interests in life but I’ve been so busy pursuing different interests and I haven’t got married.

Is it because you are too busy working

Absolutely not.  Since the young age I’ve always dated with the goal of marrying always asking ‘if she is the one.’  But at the decisive moment things don’t seem to work out.

What are you like in love

I may sound like a fool but I get totally out of control.  I only look at her.  One time I was filming overseas and traveled for 14 hours by air and arrived at the hotel.  As soon as I unpacked I got a call from her asking me to come to her.  I cancelled all my schedule and bought a ticket to go back to Korea.  I rush back and I ask what’s wrong and she says ‘I just wanted to see you.’

Did you regret doing that

I did not regret but I don’t do that anymore (smile).  I have to be responsible for what happens afterward.  I am able to draw a reasonable line now.

You’ve experienced love so it should be easy to immerse yourself into Ji Eun Ho

Yes it is.  I feel like there is a lot of Eun Ho from ‘My Love Eun Dong’ that is like me.  People who are more ‘modernized’ might wonder how could an adult love someone they loved when they were little right up to when they are older.  How is that possible?  But I can understand it.  Eun Ho’s heart in the script, how he feels when he is searching for her or when he is thinking about her and the circumstances when all that emotion clashes with the reality, all of it.  I find it peculiarly interesting doing this role.  

You seem excited like a new actor

My feeling toward a project has changed a lot from before.  Even at the time of ‘Empress Ki’  I was concerned with the ratings.  But for ‘My Love Eun Dong’ if we can have mania viewers who can relate to these sentiment (sensitivities) I will think of it as a success.  My approach to Ji Eun Ho’s character is that it’s not about my acting or my image but even it falls apart, I want to unload everything onto him.  If I can communicate the truth of him, I am certain it will be a project remembered in someone’s heart for a long time.

Is it because you are in your 40s you can be more relaxed

Am I in the 40s?  For a long time I’ve left my ID behind at home.  I used to want to come across well in front of others and tried to get great lines added to the script but now I try to go with the flow.  Only thing urgent in my life is marriage (smiles).  I gained fame at a young age and I’ve a life of competition among my colleagues.  At some point things  changed.  I am at a point where my name ‘Ju Jin Mo’ is known by vast amount of people in Korea.  The only thing I wish for is to add different colors to that name.

Putting on different colors sound good. But the staff waiting outside are giving me the looks.  I think I have to conclude the interview.

Who?  It’s ok.  Let’s talk some more.

• Like 2

Hi Lucy, thanks for sharing that interview from Elle magazine. NICE.....I learn more about him. I wonder who was that special girl, huh? I hope he could find another special someone who could take care of him & love him. Besides, he could get married at this very time in case he wants to..... Most of his buddies are married already. :lol:

• Like 3

Ji Eun Ho's billboard. Lol. Won't they release these series of photos including the one in his bedroom?? 

I kinda badly need it.. Haha.. He looks so good in those pictures.

dUJax6z.jpg

This huge photo in this bedroom wall

DgwGP5Q.jpg

These are from ELLE right? Or maybe these are exclusive only for drama.. Sigh.. 

Edited by jei_em
  • Like 2

I love this paragraph describing Joo Jin Mo from the review of MLE that jadecloud translated:

Some folks say Joo Jin Mo looks like an ahjussi with wrinkles when he laughs, but a man in his forties, how can there not be any appearance of wrinkles? However, these do not affect the handsome and suave aura of a mature male charm, with a sexy and innocent chiseled face. Not every man can emit just the right amount of sexiness in an innocent and good-looking face. If it's too sexy, it'll become erotic and sleazy, if it's too innocent and pure, it'll look silly. In particular, his eyes are clear and bright, like a young man. A man like this is a rare specimen.

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/346231-current-drama-2015-my-love-eun-dong-사랑하는-은동아-—-fridays-and-saturdays-at-840pm-kst/?page=153#comment-19043810

• Like 2

MLE CProducer's Blog - Eighth Journal Entry - Getting To Know Joo Jin Mo, The Actor, Again.
CR: (Please do not remove credit when reposting as requested by JJM Fansite. Thanks.)
Original Source & Photos: fivecard. joins, com | X-ref: joojinmo13. com
Kor-Chi:模幻城堡 splashcoco | Chi-Eng: jadecloud

------------------------------------------

CPnim Song tweeted this:

Using one phrase to sum up this journal entry - I know he can do well. But I did not imagine he would do so well!

2015-6-18 Filming In Progress. This is 'My Love Eun Dong' production journal entry #8.

Although I've participated in this drama's production for several months already, every week I'll still maintain the audience's perspective/stance. That is, the first moment of looking at the video that has undergone editing.  Although the dialogue has earlier been read from the script, the location filming has been monitored from the side during filming, but the drama that has gone through the production process, at first look, is indeed distinctly touching.

Of course, not every drama is done this way.

6JaN10P.png

^Episode after episode has passed. I'm slowly beginning to realize the worth/value of actor Joo Jin Mo. Every week when I watch 'My Love Eun Dong', I will personally feel this actor has been grossly under-rated thus far.  

kaY0Eij.png

^In fact, there is no one who hasn't heard or doesn't know this actor. A long time ago, ever since his debut movie 'Dance, Dance(1999)' with Hwang In Young, this actor has been judged to have a chiseled-good-looking face. Through 'Happy End(1999), '200 Pounds Beauty(2006)', and the like kind of movies, he managed to showcase his talent.

TQrx9LY.png
^Of course, every actor will age. That's an inescapable fact. Now, Joo Jin Mo also cannot escape.

F2iJfxe.png

^No longer can he use this kind of look to compete.

Ol55wa9.png
^He is no longer this young and youthful.

In addition, through movies 'Frozen Flower(2008)' and 'Love(2007)'; dramas 'Empress Ki(2013)' etc., Joo Jin Mo has been labeled with a tag that says - 'Actor suitable for serious character roles like Kings'.

In other words, the inference is he is 'somewhat rigid', or 'not suitable for romance dramas'. But, personally, I feel that Joo Jin Mo still holds some aces in his hand. That is after I've watched him in 'The Guru Show(2010 - MBC variety gag show)', his look is still fresh in my mind.

?fname=http%3A%2F%2Fcfile1.uf.tistory.co
^Caption in the photo says 'My face is the smallest'

Here, Joo Jin Mo is definitely not pretentious. Instead, he fully displays the real him. In fact, the male lead in 'My Love Eun Dong' has to firstly be suitable to unleash the charm and aura of a career Top Star actor. Secondly, on top of that, he has to be able to show that he still has a 17 years old young rebel within him.

To think of Joo Jin Mo as the actor who meets the above two conditions is not difficult. That's because I have seen Joo Jin Mo drinking with friends, and when he gets tipsy, he shows a sparkling bright side of him that he normally doesn't. Unlike those actors who overly managed and controlled their social behavior and don't show their inner feelings, at that time, Joo Jin Mo was jovial with bright smiles, showing he is really having a joyful good time. When I think of his look at that time - those chingus who are already hooked on 'My Love Eun Dong' will understand clearly  - I am convinced that the way Eun Ho looks when he bickers with Dong Gyu, is exactly how Joo Jin Mo is.

With confidence of that level, even though he does not come inexpensively, it strengthened our proposition that 'our main lead is Joo Jin Mo'. 

tvOv3wr.png

^The first script-reading event, I explained that "this character is definitely not a role who will just look handsome and suave'.
But this role will perhaps be Joo Jin Mo's turning point as an actor". Of course, Joo Jin Mo also agreed and said "I understand very clearly. That was also the reason why I chose this script". 

He too believes that he needs a transformation.

3Soqezz.png

^Naturally, just based on 'letting all go' kind of relaxed acting to talk of Joo Jin Mo is not enough. To see his real value, you have 
to see his acting performance where his eyes are brimming with tears.  

rU1upO6.png
^Those chingus who have already seen our drama 'My Love Eun Dong' will definitely not be able to forget that scene.  The fact that with his own eyes, he confirmed that the girl whom he is urgently, earnestly looking for is actually, all along, just nearby. But the fact also is, she already has a husband and a child. Also with the knowledge that she cannot remember him. That's why even though he has found her, he cannot simply approach her and ask her 'Do you know who I am?' There is no other situation that is more heart-breaking than this. Eun Ho's emotions in a situation like that, through the sad teary look in Joo Jin Mo's eyes, moved the hearts of the viewers.

qpOKnBP.png

^Occasionally, there will be some females who see handsome, chiseled good looks in men and exclaims "How boring!".

Joo Jin Mo naturally is one, so does 20s generation Jang Dong Gun also often hear such comments. But those tears sufficiently break down such prejudices. Hope chingus who haven't watched it, do take a look. Also need to prepare for situations where your heart will go 'thump thump'.

^When a breakdown like that is needed, he absolutely can act out a breakdown. 

There aren't many actors who can grab the hearts of viewers with such an emotional breakdown. All thanks to his superb performance, there are many positive comments online and offline. The ratings is forecasted to be changing soon.

The rating of Daum TV for 'My Love Eun Dong' from a netizen count of over 700, has already achieved a 9.9 rating. Among the dramas that are currently airing, 'My Love Eun Dong' is the leader, in first place. Getting a rating of 9.9 out of 10 full points is an achievement that none of us anticipated.  Moreover, the votes for ratings weren't from one or two persons, but over 700 voted.
3FwE1Hg.png
^There really isn't a more remarkable achievement.

xQL5WhL.png

^I have finally realized the saying of one person, that is: "Even if there is someone who hasn't watched this drama, there will be no one who will just watch one episode". Thankful for good reviews that enables the production team to be encouraged and motivated, and to keep on working regardless of day or night.

pQlA8Wg.png

^In my next journal entry, I will share a little bit of the inside area of 'My Love Eun Dong'. That is the filming studio/location.

-----end of translation--------

• Like 4