Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2025: The Priest 2 (Dark Nuns) Upcoming Dramas 2025: Everything Will Come True (special appearance) & Show Business

Peachypie

saving the thread ...

I will still go see the movie. I did not really like the Japanese version, so I am not sure if I'll like the Korean one. In any case, I will watch to support Hye Kyo and will endeavor to keep an open mind.

Aja aja fighting!

Guest strungout

I'm goin to watch it whatever the critics say. I luv watching her onscreen and I think she and CTH make a cute believable couple. Besides, I'm a great fan of romantic comedies ... althou I think this movie is more of a tragic-comedy! Critics don't always get it right!!!!

oh, that's a relief...I thought (after reading the review) that this review was posted after the showing date and I was really worried about the box office sales...whew, despite the less than sterling review, it still gained no. 5 on the chart in its first week of debut...aja, aja fighting! Hopefully, it'll do even better cause I'm certainly looking forward to buying the dvd and watching the movie itself, though I repeat, I'm not a big fan of K-movies ;)

People are always good at discrimminating stories :fury: But I will always support SHK irregardless how bad it can be. I will definitely catch her movie and even collect her CD, already have her full range of dramas. Can't wait to see her movie. Wonder why people must compare with the Jap version, doesn't it boring if the storyline are entirely the same, I believe the director has his reason for opting a different version. Morever SHK has carefully read the script before she chose this Movie. I love her move.

Guest strungout

she didn't have any surgery

credit to FaRicSyung*

Autumn Tale - Interviews (ZIP)

. Song SeungHeon (JoonSuh)

. Song HyeGyo (EunSuh)

. Han NaNa (YooMi)

. Yoo PD

there's an interview with Song Hye Gyo back in Autumn in my heart...she looks so young ..but gorgeous...her skin is soooo nice

Hi,

Thanks for the interviews!! :) Are there any translations? I've watched them but don't understand!

Aww, you guys are so sweet...thanks for the nice comments about my new site and for all of the support. I hope you will visit again!

Here's an article about 'My Girl and I.' I still can't wait to see the movie although I'm not really into k-movies as much as the dramas. I hope Hye Gyo will do another drama next!

Melodrama flick 'My Girl and I' less impressive than Japanese version (2005/12/21)

Source : www.koreaherald.co.kr... ( English Korean )

When watching the Japanese hit movie, "Crying Out Love, in the Center of the World," it's hard not to cry - sophisticated acting, a refined screenplay and a resonant theme combine to create a lasting impression. By contrast, when watching the Korean remake "My Girl and I," it's hard to cry.

Well, if you really want to cry watching the Korean version of the melodrama, it's probably safe to cry over the lower-than-expected quality of the movie itself, not because of some moving scenes that tug at your heartstrings.

"My Girl and I" features the well-known plot of an ill-fated couple. Su-ho (Cha Tae-hyeon) is a plain high school boy, and Su-eun (Song Hye-kyo) is a bright and beautiful girl in the same school. For some unknown reason, Su-eun has a crush on the boy, and for equally mysterious reasons she rescues Su-ho in the sea (though he doesn't know who actually saved him).

In the process, Su-eun loses her pager. When she discloses the relationship with Su-ho at school, despite envy and disbelief from other classmates, she asks Su-ho to buy her a pager so that they can communicate with each other through voice messages - a secret communication channel since So-eun's parents are quite strict. The way the couple develops affection is bearable, helped by images of a beautiful seaside village and equally enchanting coastlines. Supporting characters like Su-ho's grandfather (Lee Soon-jae) jazz up the otherwise too simplified storyline.

But soft and cartoonish images that reflect Korean local features in Geojae Island are all there is to see. The movie's plot doesn't provide any surprise or meaningful twist that is comparable to the Japanese version by director Isao Yukisada which sold more than 10 million tickets.

In the second half of the movie, especially after Su-eun comes down with a fatal disease, the plot only just moves forward. Even when the story trudges along, the characters and their acting are not that convincing - all the more so if you already watched the Japanese version.

The biggest problem is director Jeong Yoon-soo's strategy to use a safe path only. He succeed in casting two of the country's top-rated actors, and when it comes to the rising female star Song Hye-kyo, this is her debut feature film.

Song's debut for the silver screen through this movie attracted much media attention, something that definitely boosted the profile of the film itself among the public. But the director relied too much on the two actors while failing to upgrade the story itself in comparison with the Japanese rendition.

Rather the Korean version is far inferior to the Japanese movie in every respect. The actors are less believable: Cha, who is 29 years old, plays a high school student, and Song's hospital scene is utterly unrealistic because her hair remains intact (in the Japanese version, the female character's hair is lost due to a terminal illness).

The pager is also problematic. In the opening scene, it is submerged in the sea and the camera shows where it is, as if it will be used in the plot again. But Su-eun's pager, the very item that bolsters their relationship, will be never used or discovered again in the film, leaving viewers scratching their heads. In a well-made melodrama, all the items linked to relationships are supposed to have some meanings, but in "My Girl and I," such romantic items are less utilized in a cinematic sense.

The bigger issue is the broader theme. In the original, the female character wants to pull off her dream - visiting Uluru in Australia, the sacred ground of Aboriginals or what she calls "the center of the world."

In the Korean version, there's no such "center of the world." Nor is there any memorable song that can be compared to Japanese singer Ken Hirai's "Hitomi Wo Tojite," which evokes powerful emotions at the end of the Japanese film.

In the post-preview news conference, both Cha and Song said they haven't watched the Japanese movie in order to focus on their roles and create their own style. They should have watched "Crying Out Love, in the Center of the World." It's not too late. If they watch the Japanese version now, they will definitely cry a lot - for unromantic reasons.

By Yang Sung-jin

The critic was just being ridiculous. "My Girl and I" is an adaptation not a remake of the Japanese movie. It does not neccesarily 100% copy the original. Besides, why do people have to cry buckets watching it? That's why it's called "My Girl and I" but not "Crying out Love in the Center of the World." I am from the US and just cannot wait for it to be availble in DVD.

One little suggestion for her die hard fans, though. In earlier post, someone asked if he/she could download the movie. I think this is the time we show our support for the lovely actress by not downloading her debut project. Go watch the movie if you are in Korea; or buy it when it's released in DVD. That's what I'm going to do.

Happy New Year to every one.

Guest soutsada7

The critic was just being ridiculous. "My Girl and I" is an adaptation not a remake of the Japanese movie. It does not neccesarily 100% copy the original. Besides, why do people have to cry buckets watching it? That's why it's called "My Girl and I" but not "Crying out Love in the Center of the World." I am from the US and just cannot wait for it to be availble in DVD.

One little suggestion for her die hard fans, though. In earlier post, someone asked if he/she could download the movie. I think this is the time we show our support for the lovely actress by not downloading her debut project. Go watch the movie if you are in Korea; or buy it when it's released in DVD. That's what I'm going to do.

Happy New Year to every one.

ditto...I whole-heartedly agree about the downloading part. Since this is her debut movie we, as fans, should show support to SHG by buying her movie in dvd and I whole-heartedly agree with the critics part: do they not know that this movie is only an adaption, not a complete remake? That question popped into my mind the moment I read the review. Besides, I like romantic movies and I don't really like to cry buckets - I don't cry watching dramas/movies period because I just feel that gets in the way of my concentration on the drama itself. More importantly, I don't know why, I just don't cry :sweatingbullets: I'm hoping that the dvd is available soon - I'll be the first in line to buy it :P

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

Does anyone know if SHK has ever been on YSMM shows before? I was just watching one w/ CTH, Bi, and KSA and it was hilarious so I was wondering if SHK has ever been on that show before, or any talk shows for that matter.

I can not wait until her movie is released on DVD w/ eng. subs. I will also be supporting her by buying her movie. Love everything with her in it, so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Guest nofear11877

despite the harsh reviews of the critics, i'll still watch her movie.

everybody has a say on this movie... i respect what the critics say but still...

for me this movie is way thumbs up. :lol:B)

i'll definitely support our lovely hye kyo. :D

Guest dendrobium.

she didn't have any surgery

credit to FaRicSyung*

Autumn Tale - Interviews (ZIP)

. Song SeungHeon (JoonSuh)

. Song HyeGyo (EunSuh)

. Han NaNa (YooMi)

. Yoo PD

there's an interview with Song Hye Gyo back in Autumn in my heart...she looks so young ..but gorgeous...her skin is soooo nice

thanks for sharing..i love this drama...

she looked soo beautiful when she held the umbrella and kinda turnedarounf..totally gorgeous..i just wanted to point it out hehe :D

Guest soutsada7

Does anyone know if SHK has ever been on YSMM shows before? I was just watching one w/ CTH, Bi, and KSA and it was hilarious so I was wondering if SHK has ever been on that show before, or any talk shows for that matter.

I can not wait until her movie is released on DVD w/ eng. subs. I will also be supporting her by buying her movie. Love everything with her in it, so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

yeah, I was wondering the same thing...if someone has clips of talk shows, or shows in general, that SHG was invited as a guest...I would really appreciate it if someone can share - thanks in advance ;)

Guest twinnyroo

does anyone here live in korea cause i think we all live everywhere else than korea but if you do live in korea you should go buy tickets and make the movie a sucess i cant wait to buy the movie

Guest ginachan

Hi,

Thanks for the interviews!! :) Are there any translations? I've watched them but don't understand!

sorry I don't have the translation

I got it from the AIMH thread :)

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

she was recently a guest on Yoon Do Hyun's Love Letter show... i think it was aired 12/19... but i can't seem to locate the file. i found a HQ version on clubbox before, but i can't find it there anymore.

i found the thread where screen caps of this show was posted: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24155

Can anyone please tell me what that show as about? Like what's the premise of it? I just watched a clip of her singing the three bears song- it was cute! Are there eng. subtitles available for this show?

she was recently a guest on Yoon Do Hyun's Love Letter show... i think it was aired 12/19... but i can't seem to locate the file. i found a HQ version on clubbox before, but i can't find it there anymore.

i found the thread where screen caps of this show was posted: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24155

You can find it on my site although I'm not 100% sure it's HQ:

http://www.songhyegyo.net/videos.htm

Guest soutsada7

thanks for the clip...I've already seen the whole show, but it never hurts to see it again (I actually fast-forwarded the other parts and only watched the part with SHG :P)...Does anybody else have clips of other shows that SHG starred in as a guest?

yeahh we know..! :)

Hey, ginachan...congratulations! You made the last three pages in a row...man, I'm so envious j/k...hehe, but thanks for keeping the thread going ;)

Guest VitaDolce*

The site : http://www.songhyegyo.net is so COOL !!!

I just finished reading the fanfic "Mail Order Bride"

and I was like ....... 0_0 !!!

That fanfic is created with full of emotions ... It's like I'm part of the story ... It's really GOOD.