Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2025: The Priest 2 (Dark Nuns) Upcoming Dramas 2025: Everything Will Come True (special appearance) & Show Business

Peachypie

Song Hye Gyo, Hyun Bin, and Others Give Up Receiving Outstanding Pay to Help Production Company

http://www.soompi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/the-world-that-they-live-in.jpg

Song Hye Gyo and Hyun Bin have given up their outstanding pay from the 2008 KBS drama “The World That They Live In” in order to help out the production company in their financial troubles.

On February 14, several broadcast officials revealed that Song Hye Gyo, Hyun Bin, Yoon Yeo Jung, Bae Jong Ok, Um Ki Joon, and others have given up receiving outstanding pay from YEG and agreed to the company’s recovery process. Thanks to this, the Seoul Central District Court has approved YEG’s recovery plan.

One official said, “At the time that ‘The World That They Live In’ was airing, the production company had taken a hit in revenue due to a slump in viewer ratings. Because of that, the cast and crew were unable to receive all of their allotted pay. While the company tried to resolve almost 700,000,000 won ($660,000) of their outstanding balance owed to the drama’s cast and crew up until last year, they had difficulties coming up with the money, and ended up focusing on the recovery process. 

In the midst of all this, it was revealed that Song Hye Gyo is particularly close with the YEG president Ahn Jae Hyung, who had been the president of the actress’s previous agency Yeonyoung Entertainment. Ahn Jae Hyung was at the head of the old agency from 1990 to 2007, and helped bring up the best-of-the-best such as Bae Yong Joon, Song Seung Hun, Choi Ji Woo, and Song Hye Gyo. 

An official stated, “Song Hye Gyo and Hyun Bin really helped with the recovery was in a large part due to her thankfulness for and trust in president Ahn Jae Hyung. Song Hye Gyo is also hoping for Ahn Jae Hyung to put everything behind him soon and start making great dramas once again.”

“The World That They Live In” was highly praised for its realistic portrayal of the love between the two main characters (Song Hye Gyo and Hyun Bin) and the background of the broadcasting company. However, because of low viewer ratings, the drama fell into trouble financially. On February 13, the Korean Entertainment Management Association revealed that YEG had not paid a total of 679,270,000 won ($639,000) to the drama cast and crew, causing a stir.

Source

Credits: Soompi

Guest jandynamaste25

I love them:-)such a perfect couple:-)they both are amazing people:-)they always try to help:-)it's a great gesture:-)I miss them:-)I hope that they can go back together:-)they have the same thinking and even the same fashion sense:-) the last appearence from our binnie and hye kyo both choose black and white coat and very similiar :-)like couple's outfits:-)hehehe:-)god please listen my prays:-)they belong to each other:-)hehehe:-) no offense it's only my love for h2:-)I have to watch WW again :-)I miss them :-)bye enjoy your weekend friends :x :x :\">

Article: Song Hye Gyo and Hyun Bin give up their pay for 'The World That They Live In'

Source: Oh My News via Naver

1. [+12,016, -134] Hyun Bin, Song Hye Gyo, Bae Jong Wook, and Uhm Ki Joon... as expected of a line of actors who never disappoint. Amazing.

2. [+9,470, -87] A very generous decision. Good work. 

3. [+9,102, -88] A drama I still wonder to this day why it had such low viewer ratings. Every single line in that script was worth remembering.

4. [+8,750, -93] Proves that they're not top stars for no reason... amazing..!!

5. [+7,720, -61] A difficult decision...wow.
Source: Nate

1. [+1,017, -17] Unsure as to whether this is something to be touched by or a reflection of the problems within our drama ystem! I hope that the next article I read is about the drama system being fixed and the industry becoming daebak, not another sacrifice like this.

2. [+928, -38] Every single line in this drama is worth remembering. Such a great piece of work to still watch today. If you haven't seen it yet, find the time to! :)

3. [+790, -20] I can't believe they still haven't paid everyone yet... that drama was so long ago...

omg those likes from all of the netizens...and the little amount of dislikes... is amazing!But actually their decision is really inspiring ^^!!!
WOW it is not easy to do that! That is really nice of them!
that's very, very nice of them. it doesn't surprise me much though, they are top earning stars and a friend was the one in a slump. it just cements them as respectable people.
i myself really like the drama. i also asked myself until now, why the drama have such a low ratings :( 

Song Hye Gyo, Hyunbin, and others actor/actresses who gave up their pay, 4 THUMBS UP!!!!!! <3 but how about the staff?

Song Hye Kyo·Hyun Bin Give up their Pay for Worlds to aid in Production Company’s Recovery ProcessFebruary 16, 2014   •  Category: News & UpdatesTranslationsWorlds Within • 0 Comments

ln31.jpg

6gnv.jpg

It has been reported that Worlds Within actors, Song Hye Kyo, Hyun Bin, along with their castmates, gave up their unpaid salaries, which helped out the production company.

According to multiple media reports on February 14th, it was not just Song Hye Kyo and Hyun Bin, but other castmates including, actors Yoon Yeh Jung, Bae Jong Ok, and Uhm Gi Joon, as well as staff members, gave up the bulk of their paychecks that were promised to them at the start of production in order to aid in the recovery process.

An official said, “Due to weak sales caused by poor viewership ratings, the production company experienced many difficulties; therefore, there was an issue with the cast and crew not receiving payment for their work. Up until the beginning of last year, they tried to settle the 800 million won of non-payment that was owed, but in the end entered into a recovery process.”

In particular, it has been revealed that Song Hye Kyo has a special connection with YEG, the production company for Worlds Within. Ahn Jae Hyung, the representative director of YEG, was also the representative director of Song Hye Kyo’s former management company, Yeon Young Entertainment. Director Ahn led Yeon Young Entertainment from 1990 – 2007, producing top stars, such as Bae Yong Joon, Song Seung Hun, Choi Ji Woo, and Song Hye Kyo.

“Song Hye Kyo, who along with Hyun Bin, aided in YEG’s recovery process is attributed to her thankfulness and great faith in Representative Director Ahn, who in the past helped her rise as a Hallyu-star. In addition, Song Hye Kyo hopes that Representative Director Ahn can overcome the pain he endured for Worlds Within and can produce a good drama again,” The official explained.

Meanwhile, the Korea Entertainment Management Association revealed the fact that YEG failed to pay the actors and staff a total of 600 million won, causing a huge stir.

Source: Wstar NewsOh My News via Naver

Translated by: Shanda @ Songhyegyo.net

Just saw on Baidu that there's news saying Song Hye Kyo will star in Annie Yi's debut directorial film "I am Queen" :-O.  "I am Queen", directed by Annie Yi and starring Song Hye Kyo, a period of endless love within and outside of marriage through the eyes of 3 girlfriends.  Here is the article on it:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/newmedia/2014-02/16/c_133118641.htm

Don't know how reliable this news is because she just started filming "My Palpitating Life".  So for now, I think we should take it with a grain of salt :)

-edit- @rubylia, the movie will be directed by Annie Yi, a Taiwanese singer/actress. It will be her first time as director. The first paragraph of the article about Paula Wagner was talking about other movies. Apparently there might be some truth to this article because there was an article about Annie Yi on September 2013 and she said her own studio is actively preparing for her debut directorial production, "I am Queen". She sees Zhang Zi Yi and Song Hye Kyo as the "Queen". I guess we'll have to wait and see if this news is true or not :)

i saw the article too
http://www.chinanews.com/yl/2014/02-16/5842191.shtml

http://big5.xinhuanet.com/gate/big5/news.xinhuanet.com/newmedia/2014-02/16/c_133118641.htm

if i'm not wrong (based on Google trans) the article mentioned this movie will be directed by Mission Impossible director, Paula Wagner?? *cmiiw

Laneige China
4zpu.jpg

cr twitter

Hi chingus...... thank you for sharing news, pics...... awesome ! :D

Noooooooooo please on "I Am Queen"...... i want Kyo to do more local projects..... though i have a feeling she may slowdown after MPL....... just concentrating promoting TC and MPL ;;)

hope to see her more at film festivals :x

tgmff1_zpse0a02f52.jpg~original

tgmff2_zps411defbc.jpg~original

dc

Guest lionel1430292475

[+9,102, -88] A drama I still wonder to this day why it had such low viewer ratings. Every single line in that script was worth remembering[+928, -38] Every single line in this drama is worth remembering. Such a great piece of work to still watch today. If you haven't seen it yet, find the time to!

I have been read in some article that our Kyo is curious about the rating too, and until now i stil don't understand why this drama low viewer. I guess Korean people doesnt like broadcasting Drama, "Marry him if you dare" for example. I hope even the cast give up for the pay they will not regret playing in this drama, especially HB and SHK i think for them this drama is one of beautiful memories in their personal life.
So what is your most remembering scene chingu? for me is this scene :
tumblr_lfsif5jf6M1qbxx00o1_500.gif

Kissing is ordinary love scene but touch the eyes OMG *goosebumps*

class="at_ttl"Song Hye Kyo and Hyun Bin No Longer Expect To Get Paid

BY Joan MacDonald | Feb 17, 2014 10:56 AM EST

It has been six years Song Hye Kyo and Hyun Bin appeared together in "World Within," a drama about a couple who work in a broadcasting company. As of last week the actors had not yet been paid. This week they made it known that they no longer expected to be paid for their roles in that drama.

After the drama ended, the production company, YEG, owed pay cast and crewmembers overdue wages of $639,000.

According to the production company, the drama took a hit in advertising revenue due to a slump in ratings. YEG could not pay outstanding debts.

Cast and crewmembers not getting paid is a rare but unfortunately not an isolated incident in k-drama production. Independent production companies may begin filming a drama in the hope that successful viewer ratings will generate ad revenue. If the drama ratings slump for any reason, the production companies may not have enough cash to meet all of their expenses.

It happened last year with the independently produced drama "Faith: The Great Doctor." Despite the star billing of Lee Min Ho and Kim Hee Sun, the ratings were disappointing and so was the advertising revenue. There was not enough money left at the end of the drama to pay the show's stars or crew. After the cast and crew took legal action asking to be paid, producer Kim Jong Hak committed suicide. His death shocked the entertainment world and saddened those who worked with him. The cast and crew's claim for wages was a legitimate one but a desperate Kim Jong Hak saw no way to pay them.

Now that the claim for wages for "Worlds Within" has been resolved, YEG can restructure financially. But it took the cooperation of the drama's stars to get to this point.  Song Hye Kyo, Hyun Bin Yoon Yeo Jung, Bae Jong Ok and Um Ki Joon agreed to give up any claim to their outstanding pay to help the company recover.

There's no way to know whether the actors were affected by the sad loss of "Faith" director Kim Jong Hak, but one motivation for the resolution may be the friendship between Song Hye Kyo and YEG president Ahn Jae Hyung. She knew Ahn Jae Hyung from her former agency Yeonyoung Entertainment.

According to a YEG representative, "That Song Hye Kyo and Hyun Bin really helped with the recovery was due in part to her gratitude for and trust in president Ahn Jae Hyun."

The actress hopes that the company will resolve its financial problems soon and start making dramas again.

Copyright ⓒ 2012 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/15901/20140217/song-hye-kyo-and-hyun-bin-no-longer-expect-to-get-paid.htm

hello everyone.....thanks a lot for all the news & updates & pics about our kyo ;) reading all the news regarding the WW financial problems, made me more adore & love hye kyo unnie......ahhhhh, not just a beautiful woman outside but also have a good heart inside ^:)^ :-bd....such a really good role model...now no doubt, why GOD shower her lots of blessings coz she knew how to share it to others, esp, to those who are in need, super proud & happy for you unnie >:D<

lionel, same here....super duper loved that scene, i can still remember watching WW last year, i can't easily continue the drama, coz i watched over & over again the scenes that i really love,& that is one of them :))hehe and now, i'm also wondering why WW didn't garner such high rating/attention to kpeople way back then when in fact its really really one of the kdrama that i love :-/

anyways....where's our beloved freshspring & ria dearie?

Good evening kyonatics :D

Guest kailoveskyo

I visited  My Palpitating life thread, I was hooked about the story of the movie. IM SO EXCITED how KDW and SHK will portray as a young parents to their son who suffers progeria disease.
Thanks @mieyan for your wonderful translation. Every lines are so heartwarming.I almost cried every words that they said. Keep it up unnie, without your talent we will not be updated like this.
Any news regarding MPL?? WAAH. I want the pond scene in the movie...hehe

Those living in Southern California may wish to take a look at  'The Envelope' section of today's Los Angeles Times (Tuesday, February 18) as Song Hye-kyo is pictured on page S26 in a an article titled Designs Fit For A 'Grandmaster'.  =D> Zhang Ziyi also apppears on page S28... :)>-

Guest graaccee02

This video of Song Hye Kyo is so cute and so adorable ... She was young then , this was the time when they were filming Hotelier .. I think she was only 19 years old .. Look how so pretty , pure and innocent she was and still is , I love how the main casts of Hotelier made fun of her ., they all had a great time ... during their break .. and they all had a good laugh .., I had a good laugh too ..! :) Just want to share this here.. http://m.youtube.com/results?q=song%20hye%20kyo%20has%20the%20force%20&sm=3