Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

*** Miss Night and Day has been gaining love from a global audience, which premiered on June 15 and airs every Saturday and Sunday. The drama ranked 7 in the Netflix Global TOP 10 TV non-English category for the week from July 1 to July 7, marking its third week on the chart, its third entry on this list since its release. The series has been received well by the audience and is garnering high viewership ratings during its broadcast in South Korea as well.   :kaching3:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Hi all, it's my first post here. :) A new fan of CJH. I only discovered him lately after watching an episode of him and his mom in Mom's diary - my ugly duckling. I thought he was real, funny, and such a stark difference from his physical appearance. I really enjoyed watching the dumb trio episodes, the wallpaper trio, those were so funny. I wasn't a fan of any k drama artistes before that, as I don't really watch dramas. I actually started watching all episodes of my ugly duckling which has CJH in it. That's a real huge backlog of epsiodes to catch up. Also I started reading up this particular thread from page 1 onwards. I am only up till page 200 plus so I'll slowly take my time to catch up. Nice to meet all of you here. :)

EP9 pre-release 

:hypehype:

https://x.com/kdramahandle/status/1811914505317986764

Jeong Eun-ji and Choi Jin-hyuk, a strange current flowing after a drunken kiss attempt

BuZobKP.jpg

https://v.daum.net/v/20240713091940499

The rapid rising romance between Jeong Eun-ji and Choi Jin-hyuk is true ‘love’.

6QPmObP.jpg

https://v.daum.net/v/20240711125540262

• Blob 1

EVENT: The Most Beautiful K-drama Wedding Dresses

minimalist-wedding-gowns-kdrama-nm.jpg

Vote for your favorite k-drama wedding dresses!

Your Event Organizers

On 7/12/2024 at 12:12 PM, Coco P said:

I only discovered him lately after watching an episode of him and his mom in Mom's diary - my ugly duckling. I thought he was real, funny, and such a stark difference from his physical appearance.

Welcome to the thread! :kiss_wink: I think quite a few of us long-time fans were surprised how clumsy he is IRL :joy:

Choi Jin Hyuk oppa is an amazing actor! Would you like to have recommendations on which dramas of his to watch? Happy to help!

• Like 1

Hi partyon, thanks for the welcome :) I actually finished watching Devilish Joy not too long ago. I know almost everyone likes his period drama, the one where he plays a half human. But I probably will refrain from watching that one if it's a sad story. Need something more light hearted and happy to watch. I want to watch Miss Night and Day too, only after all the episodes are released, as I can't wait every week for new episodes to appear. haha. It warms my heart to see this particular thread has been active since 2013? And that is more than 10 years ago, and it's still going strong. Thank you all for keeping this up, because it gives new fans like me to have something to read and catch up! Does anyone knows where to watch Dolsing Fourmen with English subtitles? Even chinese subtitles would be good. He recently appeared on 2 episodes 142 and 145, but they are only in raw versions and no proper english subtitles to follow. Thanks so much in advance!

18 hours ago, Coco P said:

Hi partyon, thanks for the welcome :) I actually finished watching Devilish Joy not too long ago. I know almost everyone likes his period drama, the one where he plays a half human. But I probably will refrain from watching that one if it's a sad story. Need something more light hearted and happy to watch. I want to watch Miss Night and Day too, only after all the episodes are released, as I can't wait every week for new episodes to appear. haha. It warms my heart to see this particular thread has been active since 2013? And that is more than 10 years ago, and it's still going strong. Thank you all for keeping this up, because it gives new fans like me to have something to read and catch up! Does anyone knows where to watch Dolsing Fourmen with English subtitles? Even chinese subtitles would be good. He recently appeared on 2 episodes 142 and 145, but they are only in raw versions and no proper english subtitles to follow. Thanks so much in advance!

@Coco P  welcome to his thread! Devilish Joy is worth-watching for the romance. Would you choose to love someone you could never remember? I'm a huge romance junkie and hopeless romantic.  I enjoyed watching it. I guess you can say that I'm thrilled by the simplicity of the drama. For me Choi Jin Hyuk has an ability to play characters that seems simple but, at the same time deep and sophisticated. His voice, however, is so damn sexy. Overall, this was a relatively easy watch. This drama captured my interest from the get-go, with an endearing story that started with the two leads falling in love at first meet. I'm satisfied with the ending. I think the plot is unique and full of cliches in its own way, one that I enjoyed. Seeing Choi Jin Hyuk in a romantic comedy was SO satisfying. The thing that characterizes this drama the most is lovely, excessive kissing from the two leads - And..... I loved the OST.

That historical drama was Gu Family Book. It was a sad story but not that tragic for me. The story of the parents maybe but not the main character.

Edited by partyon
Please do not mention illegal streaming sites as per the forum rules, thanks :)
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

EP9 rating: 7.5%

Spoiler

https://x.com/daheeverse/status/1812256467254395259

EP10 preview

https://x.com/kpopstat/status/1812195071040610359

EP10 pre-release

Too Much Talker Choi Jin-hyuk, a word from an impatient natural person

Jung Eun Ji:  OST Part5, 'Stay'

Eunji Jeong - Stay (She Is Different Day and Night OST) [Music Video]

• Blob 1

@Coco P I have actually never watched Devilish Joy. He is a very versatile actor and a good one too, so it's worthwhile to check out different types of dramas (not just romcoms). He is extremely good in action dramas, which he hasn't been seen in since 2020 sadly. :tears:

He probably got the most attention, praise and accolades for his role in Tunnel. It's an amazing drama, and he just did such a great job playing the role of a detective suddenly thrown into the future. Tunnel also has a Thai remake.

For romcoms I loved him in Emergency Couple.

For comedies I loved him in Zombie Detective. He was also very funny in Mr. Queen (despite only doing a cameo role).

• Like 1

@willenette thanks for the welcome. I'm still new to using this forum thing and have a hard time trying to figure out how quote works...but hopefully this @ thing works :) The good thing about discovering CJH that late is there are tons of dramas that I can slowly watch when I have more free time! 

@partyon I think I have an interest to watch the dramas where he plays an accountant and prosecutor as well. :) Oh and emergency couple... 

Appreciate this thread where there are so many translation work done for those magazine interviews. 

I also recognize quite a few names here, and you guys have been fans for more than 10 years. That's amazing...

Great work everyone. !

Edited by Coco P
add more words

4 hours ago, Coco P said:

@willenette thanks for the welcome. I'm still new to using this forum thing and have a hard time trying to figure out how quote works...but hopefully this @ thing works :) The good thing about discovering CJH that late is there are tons of dramas that I can slowly watch when I have more free time! 

@partyon I think I have an interest to watch the dramas where he plays an accountant and prosecutor as well. :) Oh and emergency couple... 

Appreciate this thread where there are so many translation work done for those magazine interviews. 

I also recognize quite a few names here, and you guys have been fans for more than 10 years. That's amazing...

Great work everyone. !

@Coco P  yes, you're doing the right thing. C U around!   :kitty:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

EP10 ratings: nation 8.4%, Seoul 8.7%

https://x.com/kdramahandle/status/1812629623114781060

EP11 preview;  Something happened to Mijin, right?

https://x.com/Heavenharas/status/1812506847200661507

Spoiler

https://x.com/Heavenharas/status/1812504890918293647

On 7/12/2024 at 4:12 AM, Coco P said:

Hi all, it's my first post here. :) A new fan of CJH. I only discovered him lately after watching an episode of him and his mom in Mom's diary - my ugly duckling. I thought he was real, funny, and such a stark difference from his physical appearance. I really enjoyed watching the dumb trio episodes, the wallpaper trio, those were so funny. I wasn't a fan of any k drama artistes before that, as I don't really watch dramas. I actually started watching all episodes of my ugly duckling which has CJH in it. That's a real huge backlog of epsiodes to catch up. Also I started reading up this particular thread from page 1 onwards. I am only up till page 200 plus so I'll slowly take my time to catch up. Nice to meet all of you here. :)

Hi welcome  happy to hear you discovered Jin Hyuk Ssi recently. :dorashakes:

About 'Dolsing Fourmen'   I searched around for eng/chinese subs but it doesn't seem to have one. Maybe it is because it is not so widely watched as 'my ugly duckling' especially for overseas viewers.
'Miss Night and Day' is very very funny and lighthearted. It's definitely a good one to watch for stress relief. And this drama has a mild/gentle cliffhanger ending so waiting for another week isn't painful as some other dramas.  Still you want to wait then meanwhile you could  watch some of the clips.  Ps, some crime parts are a bit heavy but mostly they are few and very brief. 

• Blob 1

*** JTBC’s “Miss Night and Day” stayed strong at No. 3 on the drama list, with stars Lee Jung Eun, Apink’s Jeong Eun Ji, and Choi Jin Hyuk ranking No. 2, No. 4, and No. 7 respectively on the actor list.  :heart3:

Most Buzzworthy Drama and Actor on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. SBS “Connection”
  2. JTBC “My Sweet Mobster”
  3. JTBC “Miss Night and Day”
  4. tvN “The Auditors”
  5. tvN “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers
  6. KBS2 “Beauty and Mr. Romantic
  7. MBC “The Pork Cutlets”
  8. KBS1 “Su Ji and U Ri
  9. tvN “Serendipity’s Embrace”
  10. KBS2 “Dare to Love Me

While the drama list only includes series airing on broadcast television, the newly integrated actor list also includes cast members from OTT shows—

1. Um Tae Goo (“My Sweet Mobster”)
  2. Lee Jung Eun (“Miss Night and Day”)
  3. Han Sun Hwa (“My Sweet Mobster”)
  4. Jeong Eun Ji (“Miss Night and Day”)
  5. Ji Sung (“Connection”)
  6. Shin Ha Kyun (“The Auditors”)
  7. Choi Jin Hyuk (“Miss Night and Day”)
  8. Kwon Yool (“Connection”)
  9. Lee Jung Ha (“The Auditors”)
  10. Sol Kyung Gu (“The Whirlwind”)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of July 8-14, 2024

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/07/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-july-8-14-2024/

Saturday, July 13      
Miss Night and Day 9 JTBC 7.5%
Beauty and Mr. Romantic 33 KBS 16.0%
Good Partner 2 SBS 8.7%
The Auditors 3 tvN 5.3%

Sunday, July 14      
Miss Night and Day 10 JTBC 8.4%
Beauty and Mr. Romantic 34 KBS 17.9%
The Auditors 4 tvN 7.2%
  • Like 2

Body-changing drama 'Miss Night and Day' appeals to both young and old

e4327d31-548e-438a-9589-02281cea7d3b.jpg

Rom-com blends mystery with social commentary

By Park Jin-hai

JTBC's rom-com "Miss Night and Day" is captivating viewers with its unique blend of hilarious situations and heartwarming moments. The show cleverly tackles the relatable struggles of young job seekers and middle-aged women, wrapping real-life challenges in a whimsical yet insightful narrative.

The drama introduces a wildly imaginative story where Lee Mi-jin (Jung Eun-ji), a young woman in her 20s, finds herself facing a bizarre transformation after a mysterious night following a stray cat. She wakes up to discover that she has aged into her 50s. Now, she leads a double life: by day, she is Im Soon (Lee Jung-eun), a senior intern at the fictional Seohan District Prosecutors' Office, and by night, she returns to her younger self.

Prosecutor Gye Ji-woong (Choi Jin-hyuk) introduces elements of romance and thriller to the storyline. By day, Gye works closely with Im in her 50s at the office, and by night, he finds himself romantically entangled with Lee, in her 20s as Lee becomes a key witness to a murder and begins working with Gye on the case.

The drama seamlessly combines humor and depth to depict the complexities faced by young job seekers and middle-aged women, who are often seen as vulnerable groups in Korean society.

Lee, who has poured her heart and soul into preparing for the civil service exam for the past eight years, finds herself facing yet another disheartening failure in her final attempt. This setback adds to the weight of her already burdened shoulders as she grapples with the financial burden of a scam that has robbed her parents of their hard-earned money.

1cd8f651-3d34-452e-a9ed-db56e5519b69.jpg

Reflecting the harsh reality of today’s job market, young Lee Mi-jin lives in a state of despair and disillusionment. Yet, in a twist of irony, her sudden transformation into a woman in her 50s becomes a sanctuary from these harsh realities. As she embarks on a bold new path as a senior intern, the scene where she breaks down in tears after finally securing the internship position poignantly captures her struggles and hopes.

The part portraying Im as a young woman trapped in the appearance of a middle-aged woman, has been full of comic elements. With youthful energy coursing through her aged body, Im effortlessly juggles tasks, sipping a cup of Americano while typing with one hand, and expertly translating online slang that young students use.

Actor Lee Jung-eun's performance particularly shines, going beyond mere imitation of singer-actor Jung. She adopts Busan dialect and even performs song and dance of Apink, the K-pop girl group Jung belongs to.

Experts say diverse elements of comedy, romance and thriller resonate with viewers of various ages, contributing to the broad appeal of "Miss Night and Day."

"There are many elements that will be loved by a wide range of age groups, from 20s to 50s. The comedy utilizing Lee Jung-eun is definitely funny, and the romantic comedy and mystery thriller that unfold from the fantasy setting are cleverly intertwined," said culture critic Jung Duk-hyun. "When it gets a little bland, a mysterious incident appears and adds tension to the storyline."

c99995c6-ca29-4892-95f4-925fd827b07d.jpg

The drama's exploration of the relationship between older adults and youth adds another layer of depth and complexity to its narrative. It challenges viewers to consider the intergenerational dynamics at play in society.

This is particularly evident in the dynamic between K-pop idol Go Won (Baek Seo-hoo), who works as a public service worker at the prosecutors' office, and Im.

After subduing a stalker targeting Go, Im shares a refreshing coffee with him during their break, fostering a friendship that transcends age. The scene where Im offers heartfelt consolation to Go, who confides in her about the struggles he faces due to malicious comments, evokes a sense of warmth and empathy among viewers.

"The story is one that both young and older generations can resonate with while also raising questions about what the older generation should do for the younger generation," said another culture critic, Kim Hern-sik. "The drama also touches on a socially relevant message, highlighting the paradoxical reality of young people struggling to find employment while seniors are entering the workforce."

The drama airs every Saturday and Sunday.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2024/07/688_378535.html

• Like 2

*** The entertainment agency RH confirmed on July 18th that actor Kang Ji-woon-I will appear in the eleventh episode of "Miss Night and Day".  There he will play the role of The Cannoneer, (they prepare artillery pieces and equipment), a mysterious character who shadows the characters played by Lee Jung-eun and Jung Eun-ji, noting their suspicious behavior. I've watched his acting in "Gyeongseong Creature" starring Park Seo Joon, in a minor named role. I guess this is his first project this year, although he's also expected to appear soon in "Mr. Plankton" starring Woo Do Hwan.   :kitty:

credit : William Schwartz

• Thanks 1

**The Annic Entertainment agency had signed an exclusive contract with Choi Jin hyuk.  Lee Jeong-eun is in the same agency.

Choi Jin Hyuk joins Annic Ent
We would like to ask for your support

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9kWyHmS65b/

E2WeVbe.jpg

Choi Jin-hyuk, exclusive contract with Lee Jeong-eun's Anic Entertainment [Official]

DrhFFoL.jpg

https://v.daum.net/v/20240718180300663

https://x.com/anne_the_fan/status/1814359355627807154

• Like 1