Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"; [Upcoming Musical 2024.12.6~2025.2.16 : (Dracula) "Bloody Love"]

booha

Guest vforvintagevera

@ChelseaS, welcome to the CJH thread! 
I'm glad you're liking CJH more and more in P&P :D If you have the time, I highly recommend watching him in Gu Family Book (just for the first two episodes) - he is perfection in it - and if you like the first 2 episodes, then I suggest skipping ahead to episode 13-22 for his parts only. You can watch his parts without really need to watch the rest of the show and still get a gist of what's happening.
@booha,
LOL awww thank you for the compliments! Each time I finish an episode of P&P I have a lot of feels that I need to express and can't contain, so the P&P thread has been great to let all my thoughts spill out in this unsteady stream of consciousness xD I try to remain object, but I can't help it when my admiration for CJH slips through sometimes. P&P suits my recent tastes in shows like Master's Sun and I Hear Your Voice. I like these type of shows where the heroes try to take down the corrupt or there's a mystery mixed with humor, wit, snark and sarcasm. I don't mind romantic dramas, but a lot of k-dramas get stuck in that Candy-type trope or sappy melo mopey trope which makes me want to barf rainbows. I would have enjoyed a lot of k-dramas more if they had eliminated the mope (like Coffee Prince, Pasta, To the Beautiful You, Monstar, HEIRS).
You are correct! I believe the character of Gu Dong Chi in P&P has been the role I've been waiting for since I saw CJH as Gumihot Daddy. As much as I adored him in Emergency Couple, I wanted him to have a truly meaty role that showed off his charisma, manliness, cute side, romantic side and humorous side and this role of Gu Dong Chi has been delivering everything and more, so far. Even though the drama is heavy, mysterious and at times, depressing in its cases, I find myself falling for Dong Chi with each episode and it's both the writing and the way CJH delivers the character. And I think I would have loved Fated to Love You more if CJH's Danielicious Pitt had been given more screentime along with a better storyline that deviated from the original. 
If Pride and Prejudice ends on a satisfactory note, I think Dong Chi will be my second favorite Choi Jin Hyuk role right after Wol Ryung (WR still holds a special place in my heart when it comes to my all-time fave kdrama characters), because Gu Dong Chi was WRITTEN for Choi Jin Hyuk.
I read a couple comments in dramabeans how a lot of people who are watching P&P have been impressed with CJH. I have to agree with them and say that CJH has been knocking it out of the park with his acting. How to measure his acting? Simply just watch all his scenes with Choi Min Soo, who's such a scene stealer and great actor that for CJH to hold his own across from CMS speaks so much of how good of an actor he is. I love their stare downs and that last scene between them with the "slap" was so good even though nothing was said.
The same people are also saying that this role was MEANT for Choi Jin Hyuk and I think it's true, especially since the writer-nim re-wrote DC for CJH. A lot of people who watched CJH in Gu Family Book have been waiting for him to get a role like Gu Dong Chi that capitalizes on all his talent and strengths as an actor. Dong Chi is equal parts CJH cuteness and manly charisma. His character kicks richard simmons (literally) and is snarky, funny, witty, narcissistic (in the best way possible), intelligent, observant, caring, loving, and most of all, doggedly loyal and romantic. He is a man's man but isn't afraid to poke fun of himself at his own expense. And I love how he uses his voice's lower registers (like he did for Wol Ryung) to project his emotions. 
Someone also said that this was such a good role for CJH to choose just before his military enlistment and I couldn't agree with them more. 
I really do heart his character a lot, because his character could have been easily written as the super boring heroic male lead who is self-righteous and idealistic like Lee Minho's City Hunter, or annoyingly sappy and stalky like Lee Minho's Kim Tan. I'm glad the writer didn't write DC like that, but made him layered, despite still being altruistically idealistic. I actually find Kang Soo a bit boring, even though he's really cute in a sad puppy way, but boring because he seems humorless and doesn't seem lively at all compared to Dong Chi who enjoys bantering. 
I'm also super happy with the discussion in the P&P thread. Even though dramabeans isn't recapping it, I'm glad there are people watching the drama regardless and enjoying it for what it is. It's fun speculating and trying to figure out everything. I really hope MBC acknowledges the drama at its year-end awards. 

vforvintagevera said:
You are correct! I believe the character of Gu Dong Chi in P&P has been the role I've been waiting for since I saw CJH as Gumihot Daddy. As much as I adored him in Emergency Couple, I wanted him to have a truly meaty role that showed off his charisma, manliness, cute side, romantic side and humorous side and this role of Gu Dong Chi has been delivering everything and more, so far. Even though the drama is heavy, mysterious and at times, depressing in its cases, I find myself falling for Dong Chi with each episode and it's both the writing and the way CJH delivers the character. And I think I would have loved Fated to Love You more if CJH's Danielicious Pitt had been given more screentime along with a better storyline that deviated from the original. 
If Pride and Prejudice ends on a satisfactory note, I think Dong Chi will be my second favorite Choi Jin Hyuk role right after Wol Ryung (WR still holds a special place in my heart when it comes to my all-time fave kdrama characters), because Gu Dong Chi was WRITTEN for Choi Jin Hyuk.
I read a couple comments in dramabeans how a lot of people who are watching P&P have been impressed with CJH. I have to agree with them and say that CJH has been knocking it out of the park with his acting. How to measure his acting? Simply just watch all his scenes with Choi Min Soo, who's such a scene stealer and great actor that for CJH to hold his own across from CMS speaks so much of how good of an actor he is. I love their stare downs and that last scene between them with the "slap" was so good even though nothing was said.

@se17  Thank you for posting   so cute!! 

【EP12 Action Scene BTS。PP 오만과 편견 傲慢與偏見】최진혁.백진희.이태환 ChoiJinHyuk.BaekJinHee.LeeTaeHwan チェ・ジニョク

cr to @PolarisCat    Thank you
(000)   The spirit of the action (2014/12/5)
(013) [ KG is elated by the action scene shooting for today keke]   (022) [YM “Not that way. I can do it a cool way”] ((** BJH is really envious about others. She wants to participate in a fighting scene.))  (036) [KS “You should do it with Chani.”]  (028) [YM “You .. Why do you discount my ability T T” ]   (032) BJH “I want to fight too.” ((She makes light punching motions..)) 
(036) [Q Are you confident about today’s action scene?] LYH “Yes I am !!” ((He sounds really excited. He makes a full-moon face with laugh))  (039) LTH “I’m going to show you.” (044) ((CJH must be behind the camera. Watching LTH’s elation, CJH did something to him.)) (048) LTH “DC acted like that.”
(051) [ To show a cool action scene, everybody practices hard ] (112) PD “You can’t hit(?) it. (( hurting CJH’s foot. Kick it lightly?)) (122) [DC “I’m sorry” ]
(123) [ Ready to shoot after a long rehearsal! ] (129) [ Showing off the cool action… ]  (135) [DC fell off T T ]  (140) [Listen about the movement one more time] (154) [ splendid success!]   (210) [ It’s been hard work but everybody cares about each other ~]

omg!!  CJH looks so exhausted.
tPyhu9P.jpg
4v86iiF.jpg

Guest meomongco

Morning chingu, Hyukie Girls...
Nice weekend everybody.
1qeY7HR.jpg 9krJwx3.jpg

Who is he? Lovely bromance...:)):)). Love him so much. So baby!!!=))
@se17, welcom to Hyukie House. Often coming to visit us more when you can...:X

Guest meomongco

booha said:
"just 10 seconds."
12/9 MBC PP, DC captured the woman’s heart by 10 sec-hug with YM.

The day DC went to see the site of HB’s incident with YM and by chance he came to encounter the criminal who abducted KS but the criminal managed to get away from him.  To disappointed DC, YM said “I wish today doesn’t go away,” revealing her feeling.  DC comforted her with mature words, “To feel happy or joy doesn’t necessarily mean it will decrease one’s sorrow.”

For that “It’s because I’m sorry about” YM said with a sad expression.  Saying he’s cold, DC hugged YM.   To the surprised YM, DC said “Let’s do it for 10 sec. Let you feel sorry for 10 sec.” and then he started counting the numbers.  Following a brief hug they felt the changed atmosphere but YM turned her back first from DC.

===========================================
@booha, 
Sorry booha. Pls can let me know what does the title of the news means? "

깊어진 러브라인! <오만과 편견> 최진혁-백진희, 설레는 '10초 포옹'"

Thanks alot! Nice day!

@ChelseaS, welcome to the CJH thread! 

I'm glad you're liking CJH more and more in P&P :D If you have the time, I highly recommend watching him in Gu Family Book (just for the first two episodes) - he is perfection in it - and if you like the first 2 episodes, then I suggest skipping ahead to episode 13-22 for his parts only. You can watch his parts without really need to watch the rest of the show and still get a gist of what's happening.

@booha,

LOL awww thank you for the compliments! Each time I finish an episode of P&P I have a lot of feels that I need to express and can't contain, so the P&P thread has been great to let all my thoughts spill out in this unsteady stream of consciousness xD I try to remain object, but I can't help it when my admiration for CJH slips through sometimes. P&P suits my recent tastes in shows like Master's Sun and I Hear Your Voice. I like these type of shows where the heroes try to take down the corrupt or there's a mystery mixed with humor, wit, snark and sarcasm. I don't mind romantic dramas, but a lot of k-dramas get stuck in that Candy-type trope or sappy melo mopey trope which makes me want to barf rainbows. I would have enjoyed a lot of k-dramas more if they had eliminated the mope (like Coffee Prince, Pasta, To the Beautiful You, Monstar, HEIRS).

The same people are also saying that this role was MEANT for Choi Jin Hyuk and I think it's true, especially since the writer-nim re-wrote DC for CJH. A lot of people who watched CJH in Gu Family Book have been waiting for him to get a role like Gu Dong Chi that capitalizes on all his talent and strengths as an actor. Dong Chi is equal parts CJH cuteness and manly charisma. His character kicks richard simmons (literally) and is snarky, funny, witty, narcissistic (in the best way possible), intelligent, observant, caring, loving, and most of all, doggedly loyal and romantic. He is a man's man but isn't afraid to poke fun of himself at his own expense. And I love how he uses his voice's lower registers (like he did for Wol Ryung) to project his emotions. 

Someone also said that this was such a good role for CJH to choose just before his military enlistment and I couldn't agree with them more. 

I really do heart his character a lot, because his character could have been easily written as the super boring heroic male lead who is self-righteous and idealistic like Lee Minho's City Hunter, or annoyingly sappy and stalky like Lee Minho's Kim Tan. I'm glad the writer didn't write DC like that, but made him layered, despite still being altruistically idealistic. I actually find Kang Soo a bit boring, even though he's really cute in a sad puppy way, but boring because he seems humorless and doesn't seem lively at all compared to Dong Chi who enjoys bantering. 

I'm also super happy with the discussion in the P&P thread. Even though dramabeans isn't recapping it, I'm glad there are people watching the drama regardless and enjoying it for what it is. It's fun speculating and trying to figure out everything. I really hope MBC acknowledges the drama at its year-end awards. 

Right on!!!!

Omg, just a quicky comment. The Moon Hee Mun guy is played by Choi Min Soo?? The Choi Min Soo?? What. Lol. I've heard many great things about him, but never followed him or looked him up. Lol.

Guest meomongco

sxfbyJr.jpg8LWNIut.jpg
YxudYZ5.jpgRr4junr.jpgj1zMf1c.jpg
CR: MBC
P/s: It's really nice couple, Jin Hee stood behind Hyuk's back. I am feeling that she showed to be safer for his protection...:X:X

Guest meomongco

@booha, Would you mind to translate the news. CJH and BJH's making scandal...bla bla??? Please Booha...:X:X.
I'm looking forwards to seeing your feedback. The news makes me curious now...:)) :)). 
Big thanks!!! 

<오만과 편견> 최진혁-백진희, 스캔들 유발하는 '다정한 비하인드'

ljaxGry.jpg

“이러다가 스캔들 나겠어요~”

MBC 월화특별기획 <오만과 편견> 백진희와 최진혁이 드라마 촬영장을 순식간에 화보 촬영장으로 탈바꿈시키며 남다른 ‘화보 케미’를 과시했다. 

백진희와 최진혁은 지난 10일 방송된 13회 방송에서 로맨틱한 스킨십을 감행, ‘카운트다운 품안愛 허그(hug)’를 선보이며 시청자들의 눈길을 사로잡았다.
AbOx9xU.jpg

이와 관련 백진희와 최진혁의 달콤했던 ‘그 때 그 순간’이 담긴 비하인드 컷이 공개되면서 시선을 끌고 있다. 두 사람은 비슷하지만 다른 매력이 있는 패딩 점퍼를 커플룩처럼 갖춰 입고, 모델 포스를 뽐내며 자연스러우면서도 흡입력 있는 장면을 완성해냈다. 
pyj0pQJ.jpg

이어 리허설 중 백진희를 품에 안은 최진혁이 “열무가 안보인다”고 아담한 키를 장난스럽게 놀리거나, 백진희의 머리에 붙은 재를 떼어주는 등의 세심한 배려로 그 어느 때보다 실제 커플 같은 분위기를 자아냈다고.

0pMsn8C.jpg

MBC와 공동 제작사 측은 “최진혁과 백진희는 물 오른 감정 연기로 완벽한 커플 호흡을 자랑하고 있다”며 “극 중 최진혁의 ‘돌직구 사랑’이 과연 흔들리는 마음을 닫으려고만 하는 백진희에게 통할 수 있을지, 계속해서 지켜봐주시기 바란다”고 전했다.

MBC 월화특별기획 <오만과 편견>은 매주 월, 화 밤 10시에 방송된다.

Guest vforvintagevera

LOL @Yeekrfan2, thanks for the sweet compliments ♥ I'm just happy we have this board/thread to share our mutual love for CJH. I'm so happy I found all of you awesome ladies (and perhaps gentlemen?) to fangirl and share my thoughts with xD
@lhjj  First off, lemme say how I swoon at your signature because even though CJH played a bad guy in The Divine Move (that is from the TDM right?) that he was so swoon in it. I love how diverse his roles have been since Gu Family Book and I love that P&P made use of his fighting choreo skill he honed from The Divine Move. And YUP! Chief Moon is played by the one and only, Choi Min Soo. I think that's why P&P gained a lot of interest in Korea. Aside from the draw of the initial casting of CJH and Baek Jin Hee, people were still doubting the drama because it had been re-cast from the original announcement of Daniel Choi and the actress from 300(?) Pound Beauty. But when Choi Min Soo was cast, people went, "WHOA wait, CMS signed onto this drama without hesitation? Must be really good." Hence why I think P&P debuted so well and has maintained its decent ratings once everyone saw how good the entire cast's chemistry was. But yeah, I too had heard of CMS but have strangely only watched him in variety talk shows back in 2011 when he was coming back from his self-exodus from the industry to atone for a wrongdoing/scandal, but I had heard of his prestige in terms of acting, so when I had heard he was cast and accepted the role without hesitation, I had a good feeling about the drama. 
And I agree! Those stills are gorgeous! Especially the ones taken at the factory. I love the cinematography during that scene. The rich pastel colors are so pretty and reminiscent of fall/autumn. I also like that photo of Jin Hee leaning against CJH's back. So cute. They should include that into the drama. I would really like to see YM initiate a tender moments with DC. JUST ONCE. I think a simple gesture like that would be suffice and totally how she's slowly opening up to him. And he in turn, would understand what her gesture meant. 

I really hope CJH has the time to appear at the Blue Dragon Film Awards. He attended last year and presented with Lee Yeon Hee. How wonderful would it be if they paired up again this year? Or better yet a drama? 

Just a heads up, it looks like Monday's ratings battle will get intense everyone (but we already knew that). The male cast of Punch appeared on a radio show and have made a promise that if their show debuts at 10 to 11% and then proceeds to go on to 22%, they will attend some broadcast in their undies lmao. Then one of them decided to up the ante and say it had to debut at 22% which as been unprecedented for any drama. While I'm not too worried about Punch debuting in double digits, not when it still needs to contend with P&P AND Healer (and looks more depressing than Healer and is also about prosecutors), I'm finding their bravado hilarious and I wish MBC had let CJH appear on talk shows to promote P&P. I'm still gobsmacked how well P&P debuted, especially without all the fanfare and hoopla that KBS and SBS give their shows.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/11/punch-actors-kim-rae-won-and-jo-jae-hyun-make-ratings-promise-to-broadcast-in-their-underwear/

I was about to bemoan why CJH didn't appear on Park Kyung Lim's radio show on MBC, FM4U’s “This is Park Kyung Lim of 2o’clock Date” (since he's such good friends with her), but then I remember he did! He did appear on her radio show on the 24th of October, just a couple days before P&P premiered. LOL So slight hooray, MBC did a little marketing *tosses confetti in the air*.  
Anyhoo, I found a nice article that expanded on what Choi Jin Hyuk was talking about in the mid-season press conference for P&P:
http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/entertainment/2014/12/09/1101000000AKR20141209149500005.HTML

Also found the full press conference for P&P which I think was posted here, but I was particularly interested at 38:58 where I think they ask him about Gu Family Book and working so much with MBC (Showbiz Korea did air and sub half of his answer to the question - the part where he's been working nonstop, but omitted the beginning).

This article talks about how CJH is one of 4 young stars in their 20s on the rise:
Replacement of the actors in wind generation home theater is blowing fiercely. 20 young actors will have demonstrated the ability to rent one after another prime drama starring herpes. Yim Si-wan, Lee Jong-seok, quiz 5, Seo In Guk such as those typical examples.

Quiz 5 (28) hit a home run in yeontaseok also the ratings box office. This year the MBC drama 'I love you like a destiny, starring etc., etc. He ppomnaetda colorful wool and genuine charisma. He came to wipe the smoke soil gajokgeuk If yikkeuneunga topics in tvN 'Emergency Couple' to romance genre, followed by SBS drama 'heirs', which continues a recent solo wolhwageuk rating system with No. 1 attraction thick line in the 'Pride and Prejudice' may increase the engagement. 

http://baekn.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=30986

If @booha or anybody else has the time and can translate these bits, that'd be awesome. Otherwise, I can get the basic gist of them through google translate LOL
Is it Monday yet?

Guest meomongco

Hello every body,
I just got the nominations lists for MBC Drama Awards as "The Best Drama", "The Best Couple", "Best Actor and Actress". 
You can log into the MBC link to vote for Jin Hyuk and P&P :D
http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/event/2014mbc/popular/index.html

Nice night guys!!!
P/s: i don't know why i can't vote it now...:(. If someone has already done, pls let us how we can be done...:)

Guest meomongco

New Stills Jin Hyuk today
7aIl1pO.jpgzJDdMad.jpgQVlErUZ.jpg
Son Chang Min ajusshi is caring for him tenderly...:X:X. Ajusshi Son looks like Hyukie's daddy...:X:X

meomongco said: Hello every body,
I just got the nominations lists for MBC Drama Awards as "The Best Drama", "The Best Couple", "Best Actor and Actress". 
You can log into the MBC link to vote for Jin Hyuk and P&P :D
http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/event/2014mbc/popular/index.html

Nice night guys!!!
P/s: i don't know why i can't vote it now...:(. If someone has already done, pls let us how we can be done...:)