Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

12 hours ago, booha said:

Now there is new news about CJH’s next project. The article said, according to his agency, he received an offer but is considering a new drama, SBS’s ‘Empress’s Dignity (literal title)'  by Kim Soon Ok.  And for now CJH is busy shooting an upcoming drama ‘DJ’.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=144&aid=0000566351

Hi  :)    CJH was offered the male lead and he is considering it.  He’s currently shooting ‘Devilish Joy’ which is a preproduced drama.  It was supposed to broadcast for Oct then recently moved to Sep 7(from CJH’s staff).  But if he signs in they might have to reschedule??  I don’t know if it’s a good idea to have dramas coming out back to back.  So I have to guess it's too early to tell whether CJH will accept the drama.

I found the soompi article (dated 7/27) which said Sung Yuri In was offered the lead in ‘Empress’s Dignity’.  But it seems she turned it down(8/3  http://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_201808030858461601?f=o)

The  soompi article gave a bit more about the plot line, though it sounds rather hazy :unsure:  

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/27/sung-yuri-talks-appear-new-sbs-drama/

**I’m not quite clear about his comment  but I want to think it is supposed to be funny and silly.B)^_^
JH: "Fooled by thinking,  if I open the mouth,  something would pop out like 어플(abbreviation of smart phone application) …"

Hi booha, wow can’t wait for this new drama again. (2) dramas to look forward soon in case he'll take to do this drama. I love this! CJH is looking better than ever!  :lol:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi booha, wow can’t wait for this new drama again. (2) dramas to look forward soon in case he'll take to do this drama. I love this! CJH is looking better than ever!  :lol:

Hi yeah I read the new soompi article(8/5) today too.   I guess we have to wait about his decision but the plot sounds interesting, with elements of love-melo and crime thriller.   We know CJH’s ‘Tunnel’ was received well in Japan so is he thinking a similar genre with added fantasy like ‘set in a hypothetical constitutional monarchy in 2018’??     At first I got excited thinking he would play a modern king wearing many fancy suits.  But his character doesn’t sound like a king.   He looks good in a suit. He posted another IG wearing a suit.  

From now on I hope to see him with steady projects so that he can build a stable career. No more crazy curve balls from life, like injuring his knee or delay of ‘Devilish Joy’ broadcast ….   :)

Jin Hyuk: It's too hot .. Please take care your health .. # Sunglasses man #Devilish Joy #Gong Ma Sung

((EDIT))

Choi Jin Hyuk In Talks To Appear In Upcoming Drama

RzthVEj.jpg

Spoiler

Choi Jin Hyuk may be appearing in another drama soon.

On August 5, it was reported that the actor would be appearing in upcoming drama “Empress’s Dignity” (literal translation). His agency stated, “He has currently received an offer for writer Kim Soon Ok’s ‘Empress’s Dignity.’ Nothing has been confirmed. He is currently focusing on filming for ‘Devilish Joy’ (literal translation).”

“Empress’s Dignity” is set in a hypothetical constitutional monarchy in 2018, and follows the story of a musical actress Min Yoo Ra who marries the emperor. She searches for true love and happiness as she fights her way through palace life, and gets entangled with the murder of the emperor’s grandmother, leading to the demise of the imperial family.

Choi Jin Hyuk is in talks to play Na Wang Sik, a mysterious character at the center of conflict. If he accepts the role, he will be working with writer Kim Soon Ok, who has written many hit dramas such as “Temptation of Wife,” “Jang Bo Ri Is Here,” and “Sister Is Alive,” as well as with director Joo Dong Min who previously directed “Return.”

Choi Jin Hyuk previous starred in OCN’s “Tunnel,” and will soon be appearing in upcoming drama “Devilish Joy” (literal translation) alongside Song Ha Yoon.

“Empress’s Dignity” is slated to air as a Wednesday-Thursday drama in November.

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/2018/08/05/choi-jin-hyuk-talks-appear-upcoming-drama/

• Like 3

DJ is confirmed to broadcast during Wed & Thu, 11pm KST by MBN & Dramax  simultaneously.   But hopefully soon we will hear about # of eps and length of each ep

(part translation)
 ‘Devilish Joy’ with Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ha Yoon can be seen at MBN and Dramax at the same time.  
MBN and Dramax  recently confirmed the simultaneous broadcast during Wed&Thu for  ‘Devilish Joy’(screenwriter Choi Ji Yeon, PD Kim Ga Ram)
This is the second time, after ‘Richman’ which ended last June, to have the simultaneous broadcast by MBN and Dramax.   ‘Devilish Joy’ is expected to secure more audience broadcasting through two channels.

http://news1.kr/articles/?3394328

new poster

• Like 1

3 hours ago, booha said:

DJ is confirmed to broadcast during Wed & Thu, 11pm KST by MBN & Dramax  simultaneously.   But hopefully soon we will hear about # of eps and length of each ep

(part translation)
 ‘Devilish Joy’ with Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ha Yoon can be seen at MBN and Dramax at the same time.  
MBN and Dramax  recently confirmed the simultaneous broadcast during Wed&Thu for  ‘Devilish Joy’(screenwriter Choi Ji Yeon, PD Kim Ga Ram)
This is the second time, after ‘Richman’ which ended last June, to have the simultaneous broadcast by MBN and Dramax.   ‘Devilish Joy’ is expected to secure more audience broadcasting through two channels.

http://news1.kr/articles/?3394328

new poster

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this info - Ye, I hope we could get to know MORE details about the upcoming drama. NICE poster there, huh. I hope this drama will be a HIT!  Well, he has a good eye for picking his projects. Can't wait to see this.  CJH is a good actor.  He has talent! This is why talent is important.  I love CJH! :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, booha said:

Jin Hyuk:coming soon... #Devilish Joy #Gong Ma Seun

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. Since the series has confirmed a simultaneous broadcast on MBN and Dramax it would cover a bigger  audience. Being pre-produced means that it will display superior quality.  I hope this kind of genre can be enjoyed by all ages.  Its new official release date is now set as September 5th. Can't wait! :lol:

7 Unpredictable K-Dramas That Will Have You Overwhelmed

05d20754e662413f963ac2d7dcf226ec.png?s=9

You know that feeling when you’re sitting in front of your screen, watching TV characters puzzling over this or that mystery, and you’re right there with them, following clues until you’re 100 percent sure you’ve figured it all out? Then a massive, enormous piece of evidence comes into play that changes everything, and you realize you really knew nothing at all? I call these kinds of shows puzzle dramas. Unpredictable and clever, they’ll lead you on a heart-stopping road of crazy plots twists and will keep you waiting anxiously for each episode.

Here are a just few of those dramas that will have you holding on to your seats!

“Tunnel”

tunnel_banner.jpg

Ah, time travel. Such a beloved, yet dangerous trope. Many feared that “Tunnel” would only be a cheap knock-off of “Signal,” but it stood on its own two feet and made its very own story around Choi Kang Woo (Choi Jin Hyuk), a lovable police detective that is flung 30 years forward in time, where he learns that the serial killer whom he’d been chasing in his own time is still active. Prepare to be wowed as the show navigates the investigation, the mysteries of time, an epic bromance, and Kang Woo’s desperate search for his family.

Catch episode 1 of “Tunnel” below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

August 10, 2018

‘Devilish Joy’ comes to Dramax on Sept. 5

09201716.jpg

A new romantic comedy Dramax series, the title of which translates to “Devilish Joy,” starring actors Choi Jin-hyuk, left, and Song Ha-yoon, will premiere on Sept. 5, according to Dramax on Thursday.

All of the episodes have already been shot and it is expected that the show will feature a beautiful fall atmosphere. “[The show] can be enjoyed by both men and women,” said Dramax. The drama will air on both Dramax and MBN.

The story follows a doctor played by Choi, who suffers from a memory disorder, and falls in love with a formerly popular actress, played by Song.

Choi made his debut in 2006, and has appeared in multiple hit dramas such as MBC’s “Pasta” (2010), tvN’s “I Need Romance” (2011) and “Emergency Couple” (2014), while Song is known for appearing in the hit KBS2 drama “Fight for My Way” (2017).

By Sung Ji-eun

credit : JoongAng Daily

• Thanks 1

*** It seems that it has an awesome storyline. The premise sounds interesting. So, CJH has already confirmed to take this drama. Wow, 2-upcoming dramas coming our way from him. Whatever, I'll be just happy to see him on my screen. Wait.........it looks like he'll be playing as the support lead. He's not the main lead? :o^_^

Jang Nara up to play actress-turned-empress in An Empress’s Dignity

empressdignity_3.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/08/jang-nara-up-to-play-actress-turned-empress-in-an-empresss-dignity/

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, willenette said:

*** It seems that it has an awesome storyline. The premise sounds interesting. So, CJH has already confirmed to take this drama. Wow, 2-upcoming dramas coming our way from him. Whatever, I'll be just happy to see him on my screen. Wait.........it looks like he'll be playing as the support lead. He's not the main lead? :o^_^

Jang Nara up to play actress-turned-empress in An Empress’s Dignity

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/08/jang-nara-up-to-play-actress-turned-empress-in-an-empresss-dignity/

Edit: CJH is the lead.  Shin Sung Rok plays a villain.

Wow Thank you for the news. :D:D:D     I saw a number of IGs saying( in foreign languages) about ‘Empress’s Dignity’ with possible CJH/ Jang Nara/Shin Sung Rok( confirmed for the drama)  but I decided to wait to hear from CJH.    However now DB wrote the article about it.  I hope it means CJH is close to saying yes,  especially with Jang Nara.    CJH and Jang Nara have known each other a long time so I will not be surprised if they want to work together again like they did FTLY.   so exciting :phew::rolleyes:

**It must be GMS’s residence. The interior feels subdued and heavy.  And his wardrobe has a conservative air.  Hope he will wear many elegant formal suits.
Jin Hyuk: Not playing a game, watching a monitor..^^

He updated with another new profile.  Hard to decide which one is better.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 11:06 AM, booha said:

Edit: CJH is the lead.  Shin Sung Rok plays a villain.

Wow Thank you for the news. :D:D:D     I saw a number of IGs saying( in foreign languages) about ‘Empress’s Dignity’ with possible CJH/ Jang Nara/Shin Sung Rok( confirmed for the drama)  but I decided to wait to hear from CJH.    However now DB wrote the article about it.  I hope it means CJH is close to saying yes,  especially with Jang Nara.    CJH and Jang Nara have known each other a long time so I will not be surprised if they want to work together again like they did FTLY.   so exciting :phew::rolleyes:

**It must be GMS’s residence. The interior feels subdued and heavy.  And his wardrobe has a conservative air.  Hope he will wear many elegant formal suits.
Jin Hyuk: Not playing a game, watching a monitor..^^

He updated with another new profile.  Hard to decide which one is better.

Hi booha, so NICE to hear that he's the lead in the new drama. I hope he's going to take it. In case, this will be their 2nd time to work together. You prefer him in suits? :lol:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi booha, so NICE to hear that he's the lead in the new drama. I hope he's going to take it. In case, this will be their 2nd time to work together. You prefer him in suits? :lol:

Haha when I saw Gu Family Book ended with the present reincarnation except the GWR character, I longed to see another drama with GWR reincarnate in the present as a rich aristocrat jaebeol wearing  fancy suits with a bow tie. 

** Now we have two new teasers.  Actually before I wasn’t so sure how well ‘Devilish Joy’  would compete among so many new lineups but after seeing the new teasers, I feel good about ‘Devilish Joy’.  

very beautifully done  so unexpected   Let’s pray either Viki or/and DF will pick it up 

Tearser2 (Chinese sub)

[Devilish Joy] Teaser2  "Can I be your lover?    I would like to"

Published on Aug 13, 2018

[馬盛的喜悅]前導片2- "我們之間不能發展成為戀人關係嗎?可是我想" Brocasting Date:9/5 23:00pm (Seoul time) Turn on Channel: Dramax and MBN 

((eng  trans))

(008) Well don’t do it if you aren’t interested/you don’t like it.   
(013) Can I be your lover?    (016)  I would like to …

Teaser3 (Chinese sub)

[Devilish Joy]Teaser3  "Goodbye  Gong Ma Sung ssi..."

[馬盛的喜悅]前導片3"再見了.孔馬盛先生" Brocasting Date:9/5 23:00pm (Seoul time) Turn on Channel: Dramax and MBN

((eng trans))

(003)Then meet here    (006) Wait for you    (009) As we can meet anytime   (016) Goodbye  (019) GMS ssi

• Like 2

10 hours ago, booha said:

Haha when I saw Gu Family Book ended with the present reincarnation except the GWR character, I longed to see another drama with GWR reincarnate in the present as a rich aristocrat jaebeol wearing  fancy suits with a bow tie. 

** Now we have two new teasers.  Actually before I wasn’t so sure how well ‘Devilish Joy’  would compete among so many new lineups but after seeing the new teasers, I feel good about ‘Devilish Joy’.  

very beautifully done  so unexpected   Let’s pray either Viki or/and DF will pick it up 

Tearser2 (Chinese sub)

[Devilish Joy] Teaser2  "Can I be your lover?    I would like to"

[馬盛的喜悅]前導片2- "我們之間不能發展成為戀人關係嗎?可是我想" Brocasting Date:9/5 23:00pm (Seoul time) Turn on Channel: Dramax and MBN 

((eng  trans))

(008) Well don’t do it if you aren’t interested/you don’t like it.   
(013) Can I be your lover?    (016)  I would like to …

Teaser3 (Chinese sub)

[Devilish Joy]Teaser3  "Goodbye  Gong Ma Sung ssi..."

[馬盛的喜悅]前導片3"再見了.孔馬盛先生" Brocasting Date:9/5 23:00pm (Seoul time) Turn on Channel: Dramax and MBN

((eng trans))

(003)Then meet here    (006) Wait for you    (009) As we can meet anytime   (016) Goodbye  (019) GMS ssi

Hi booha, thanks for sharing these (2) teasers. NICE. Wait & see.............whose teams could sub the drama. :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, booha said:

Choi Jin Hyuk X Song Ha Yoon,  'Devilish Joy'  Script Reading

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=382&aid=0000667520

'walnut cookies  proof-shot'

booha, thanks for sharing the pictures. Can't wait for September 5. How I love "walnut cookies" - I love anything about walnut - hahaha. :lol:

• Like 1

*** The drama "DH" s an interesting drama. Besides, this is a pre-produced rom-com, which is a rare practice in Korea. And Dramax and/or MBN are not familiar to me. I don't think I've watched any dramas from these sites. Romantic comedy is a genre I often love.  :lol:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, willenette said:

*** The drama "DH" s an interesting drama. Besides, this is a pre-produced rom-com, which is a rare practice in Korea. And Dramax and/or MBN are not familiar to me. I don't think I've watched any dramas from these sites. Romantic comedy is a genre I often love.  :lol:

Me too I prefer romcom and next light melo.      Actually I wondered why they decided to make a pre-production for ‘DH’.  Maybe they thought it was more marketable for the overseas market with a pre-production since the buyers could be able to see a final product??   ‘DH’ is the second collaboration by Dramax and MBN. The first one was ‘Rich Man, Poor Woman’ which was picked by Viki.  But I hope ‘DH’ will broadcast both in Viki and DF for a wider audience.   

shooting for CJH's previous Japanese magazine interview (3phots)

'Devilish Joy'  Choi Jin-hyuk - Song Ha-yoon, capturing the first shot

(during June shooting)

mgUSsyS.jpg

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=410&aid=0000501430

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booha said:

Me too I prefer romcom and next light melo.      Actually I wondered why they decided to make a pre-production for ‘DH’.  Maybe they thought it was more marketable for the overseas market with a pre-production since the buyers could be able to see a final product??   ‘DH’ is the second collaboration by Dramax and MBN. The first one was ‘Rich Man, Poor Woman’ which was picked by Viki.  But I hope ‘DH’ will broadcast both in Viki and DF for a wider audience.   

shooting for CJH's previous Japanese magazine interview (3phots)

'Devilish Joy'  Choi Jin-hyuk - Song Ha-yoon, capturing the first shot

(during June shooting)

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=410&aid=0000501430

Hi booha, i guess you have a point there where overseas market is concerned. Besides, quality is what lasts. :lol:

• Like 1