Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

**Hurray  finally there will be a new drama by CJH.  So CJH didn’t walk away from ‘Devilish Joy’.   When it didn’t work out with MBC, they (I’m guessing CJH and his manager/agency) must have looked for a different broadcaster.   I wonder if they picked up ‘Devilish Joy’ as their (joint) investment project??

I found a brief info about ‘Dramax’:  Dramax is a pay-TV channel operated by IHQ , a Korean channel operator .

Choi Jin Hyuk & Song Ha Yoon 'Devilish Joy' Appearance confirmed ... Meet in the second half

64RX3gU.jpg

Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ha Yoon confirmed for Dramax drama ‘Devilish Joy’

According to an official in 5/4, ‘Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ha Yoon will appear as the main leads in ‘Devilish Joy’. The shooting will begin this month.’   ‘Devilish Joy’ is picked/organized by Dramax and will be broadcast simultaneously on other ihq series channels.

Previously there was a discussion with MBC about ‘Devilish Joy’.  But it got caught with MBC’s scheduling problems from the general strike last year and the confirmation for the drama didn’t materialize  even after 3 months waiting.  

‘Devilish Joy’ which had experienced a painful delay, has recently confirmed the broadcast after hard effort.  Production will begin in earnest with the release in the second half of Dramax.

Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ha Yoon who originally reviewed this work are going to play the main leads. ‘Devilish Joy’ is a romantic comedy about a genius doctor Choi Jin Hyuk(as Gong Ma-sung ) who suffers from ‘Cinderella memory impairment' and one day  a ridiculous memory inserts itself on him which makes him fall in love with a washed-up actress Song Ha Yoon (as Joo Ki-peum)

Choi Jin Hyeok and Song Ha Yoon decided to return to the small screen after a year from OCN 'Tunnel' and KBS 2TV 'Fight My Way' respectively. It is noteworthy what kind of chemistry they will show as they both received favorable reviews through mature acting ability in their previous works.

‘Devilish Joy’  is produced by Golden Thumb Pictures and written by Choi Ji Yeon.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002783214

15 hours ago, RPM said:

CHOI JIN HYUK confirmed drama Naver news

Thank you for the wonderful news   Have a good day :)

Plbzxws.gif

• Like 2

On 5/5/2018 at 10:15 AM, booha said:

**Hurray  finally there will be a new drama by CJH.  So CJH didn’t walk away from ‘Devilish Joy’.   When it didn’t work out with MBC, they (I’m guessing CJH and his manager/agency) must have looked for a different broadcaster.   I wonder if they picked up ‘Devilish Joy’ as their (joint) investment project??

I found a brief info about ‘Dramax’:  Dramax is a pay-TV channel operated by IHQ , a Korean channel operator .

Choi Jin Hyuk & Song Ha Yoon 'Devilish Joy' Appearance confirmed ... Meet in the second half

Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ha Yoon confirmed for Dramax drama ‘Devilish Joy’

According to an official in 5/4, ‘Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ha Yoon will appear as the main leads in ‘Devilish Joy’. The shooting will begin this month.’   ‘Devilish Joy’ is picked/organized by Dramax and will be broadcast simultaneously on other ihq series channels.

Previously there was a discussion with MBC about ‘Devilish Joy’.  But it got caught with MBC’s scheduling problems from the general strike last year and the confirmation for the drama didn’t materialize  even after 3 months waiting.  

‘Devilish Joy’ which had experienced a painful delay, has recently confirmed the broadcast after hard effort.  Production will begin in earnest with the release in the second half of Dramax.

Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ha Yoon who originally reviewed this work are going to play the main leads. ‘Devilish Joy’ is a romantic comedy about a genius doctor Choi Jin Hyuk(as Gong Ma-sung ) who suffers from ‘Cinderella memory impairment' and one day  a ridiculous memory inserts itself on him which makes him fall in love with a washed-up actress Song Ha Yoon (as Joo Ki-peum)

Choi Jin Hyeok and Song Ha Yoon decided to return to the small screen after a year from OCN 'Tunnel' and KBS 2TV 'Fight My Way' respectively. It is noteworthy what kind of chemistry they will show as they both received favorable reviews through mature acting ability in their previous works.

‘Devilish Joy’  is produced by Golden Thumb Pictures and written by Choi Ji Yeon.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002783214

Thank you for the wonderful news   Have a good day :)

Plbzxws.gif

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this great news.  So happy to know that CJH is confirmed to do this drama. Wahhh....we could get to see him back on screen soon. Hoya will be appearing in this new drama, too! I prefer this title though instead of the Diabolic Happiness - I heard that filming starts sometime this month. What a great cast although, not familiar with the female lead. I'm excited for it. CJH, fighting! :lol:

• Like 1

@willenette

Yesyes  I’m so happy he returns with a drama.  Yeah I would prefer to call it ‘Devilish Joy’ too.   Unfortunately for us, DJ is a pre-production drama.  It means no more shooting photos happening weekly or other news idioms.  But it might be easier for him so that no more all-night shootings for him to deal with which can be so grueling.  

Btw I am eagerly waiting for Rain’s "Sketch"    g1U38yQ.gif    :blush:

from GTree

** 'Devilish Joy' is a pre-production drama. This article gives a bit more detail about the characters.

Choi Jin-hyuk "The next work 'Devilish Joy', the longest waiting work"

Choi Jin-hyuk revealed his feelings about showing the next drama after a year.

Choi Jin-hyuk is casted as the male lead, Gong Ma-sung, for the drama 'Devilish Joy' (writer Choi Ji Yeon / director Kim Gamam / production Golden Thumb Pictures) which is planned concurrently by Dramax and IHQ broadcast affiliations.

Choi Jin-hyuk recorded the highest OCN rating in last year's OCN drama 'Tunnel'  and received many love calls for dramas and movies.   Since he received the proposal to appear in ‘Devilish Joy’ at the end of last year, he has been waiting for more than half a year. During this process,  he read 10 episodes of the script and was enthusiastically involved in the process of building content and character.

Choi Jin-hyeok said, "It seems like this drama is the longest-awaited piece of work among my past projects,"   "After first seeing the script,  I was attracted by its charm and had talked with the production team a lot.  It is also the first time to participate in the drama which has the script written 10 episodes  before shooting.  I came to trust the content development and the character, so I chose this work with confidence. "

'Devilish Joy’ starts shooting in the middle of the month ahead of broadcasting in the second half of the year.  As a pre-production drama, it is anticipated that it will exhibit works of high perfection.

Choi Jin-hyuk said, "I have hoped to try on a pre-production drama before while working on many dramas and movies. "  " It is the desire and mission of all the actors to show better performances and a good drama.   Because of the belief that ‘Devilish Joy’ would be the kind of  drama which I really want to act in ,  I have waited for a long time " he added.

'Devilish Joy' draws a story about the absurd but thrilling and unfamiliar but beautiful love story with a man who suffers from short-term amnesia, 'Cinderella Memory Disorder',  whose memory of yesterday has disappeared after sleeping,  and a top actress who fell from a false charge.

Choi Jin-hyuk plays as Gong Ma-sung, a successor of the Sunwoo group,  and an authority on the cranial nerve.  After a car accident when trying to help a woman who he happens to meet,  he suffers from short-term amnesia that memory does not last more than a day.  When he opens his eyes every morning,  he memorizes the record of the previous day and tries to repeat the record again.

On the other hand, Choi Jin-hyuk plans to continue overseas activities such  as a Japan fan meeting in June in addition to shooting 'Devilish Joy'.    (Photo = JTreeCreative provided)

FYyZviJ.jpg

Y4ijF78.jpg

Iz6z2h7.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201805080808328010

• Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 12:42 PM, booha said:

@willenette

Yesyes  I’m so happy he returns with a drama.  Yeah I would prefer to call it ‘Devilish Joy’ too.   Unfortunately for us, DJ is a pre-production drama.  It means no more shooting photos happening weekly or other news idioms.  But it might be easier for him so that no more all-night shootings for him to deal with which can be so grueling.  

Btw I am eagerly waiting for Rain’s Switch.    g1U38yQ.gif    :blush:

from GTree

Hi booha, this kind of route is still a rare practice in the production of TV dramas in Korea. It’s NICE to work on a project that is well prepared and reasonably scheduled. I’m sure shooting a drama series could be this great. The majority of K-dramas are produced in what has been called a “semi-live show” format, with episodes being scripted, shot and edited mere days before their airing -- practices undoubtedly alien to other countries where entire seasons are produced a few months to a year before their broadcast. So far, "live-shot" dramas have prevailed in South Korea until now where shooting and editing continue until even a few minutes before the episode is to be aired. And ye, the reasons behind the tight K-shooting schedule lie in the desired flexibility to respond to viewer feedback. Because the process of shooting and airing simultaneously allows writers to change storylines according to viewer preferences, it ultimately results in better ratings and profits for the show. It has been regarded as one of the strong points of K-dramas that have led the Korean wave throughout Asia for a decade, because script writers and producers can receive real-time feedback from viewers and change the plot to meet their demands and preferences. Actors are given scripts just a day before shooting and have to pull all-nighters to understand and build a character, while producers don't have enough time to edit the scenes properly. There are certain benefits that can come from the energy of real-time production but it always ends up sacrificing quality. And quality is what lasts.

Early filming has been unwelcomed by local filmmakers as it is risky to secure broadcasting time and cast star actors and costs a lot. Since the majority of the budget is swallowed up by the star leads the company does everything to speed up shooting. K-dramas usually don’t have pre-written, full scripts. They have a basic plot and dialogue worked out but it can all change last minute. In the ratings war as what I've mentioned above producers tend to watch the audience’s reactions. If needed, the script will be modified, or even completely re-written. This places actors into a tough situation, as more often than not they would receive pages from a script a couple of hours or even minutes before shooting, while their hair or make-up is being done. Lesser-known actors and extras have even harsher conditions, because aside from not always getting paid properly (or paid at all) they need to cover their own medical bills in case they get hurt on location. South Korea is certainly not alone in the extremes that it will go to for ratings. The rating contributes to the sponsor. That's the entertainment industry for you. :lol:

BTW, RAIN's upcoming drama is "Sketch" - Switch is currently airing starring Jang Keun Suk :tongue:

• Like 1

@willenette

Oopps     What happened to my marshmallow brain!!    hahaha   You are right.  There is Jang Keun Suk-  Switch. hehe  I haven’t watched this drama but I came across its title from time to time.
Thank you for the detailed explanation about this live-shooting practice in the kdrama industry.  CJH never enjoyed  live shooting practice.  I learned later that during the shooting of EC, CJH and many other members got sick with a bad influenza  and lived on with iv shots but they had to keep shooting.  Probably as you said the production team had no choice but to produce weekly episodes.        
But with a pre-production drama, our waiting time for a drama is much longer.  Gosh it sounds selfish.  hehe

PP

Z2sMjAX.jpg

8aXsQrp.jpg

Zdnd48k.jpg

崔振赫香港飯團 Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 HK Fan Group

7 hrs ·

【2018.05.12★ 崔振赫日本粉絲見面會相關報導更新】
【2018.05.12★ Choi Jin Hyuk Japan Fan Meeting Media News Update】

日媒報導 6月2日《崔振赫Special Day「隧道」日本粉絲見面會》將通過抽籤形式邀請在會場購買DVD的200名粉絲出席新聞發佈會

How are you   This is CJH.   

(004) For 6/2 CJH special day, Drama FM, I am going to Tokyo.   

(012) Btw because it is the first D-FM,  I prepared a special present for fans.  

(020) During the event day I arranged to have  a news conference in the lobby together with fans who purchased the DVD. 

(029)More details about it can be found on the home page.  

(034) I am repeating this.  I have prepared a variety of events for D-FM as I want to spend special and fun time with fans.  I would feel grateful if everybody comes to the event.   Thank you  

CJH’s new look for  Gong Ma-sung  

• Like 1

**Jin Hyukssi practices  singing for Drama FM in Japan.

10 hrs ·

【2018.05.16★崔振赫日本粉絲見面會相關報導更新】
【2018.05.16★Choi Jin Hyuk Japan Fan Meeting Media News Update】

日媒報導- 崔振赫為日本粉絲見面會甜蜜歌曲準備中,會上表演歌曲公開。

原文連結
http://korepo.com/archives/451264/2

© Studio Dragon Corporation

SEWhEFL.jpg

14 hrs ·

【2018.05.16★崔振赫日本粉絲見面會相關報導更新】
【2018.05.16★Choi Jin Hyuk Japan Fan Meeting Media News Update】

日媒報導- 崔振赫為日本粉絲見面會甜蜜歌曲準備中

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, booha said:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. Ohhh..............is CJH starting filming his upcoming drama already? It seems that they officially started filming yesterday, huh? I hope this drama will be a HIT! And 1st scene was filmed at the Japanese Teppanyaki restaurant. NICE. :lol:

• Like 1

@willenette
I hope they will release more pictures.  There are many eager fans who are at this point very exhausted from a long wait.   Thank you for info about this Japanese Teppanyaki restaurant which must be a Seoul branch. According to its IG, it was opened last Oct 17. 

**(from a google translation) CJH prepares to give some kind of present(?) to chosen fans during June drama-FM.