Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Hello, CJH fans! Translation of Part 2 of the Jap Fan Meeting Video link here. @mdolphins - tagging you especially :)

I summarised parts of it, and only focussed on what I thought was interesting.  Part 2 of the video is like CJH's mini-concert.  He sings 4 songs - do watch it if you want to catch him serenading the audience to death. Haha. :D

The 4 songs are:

(1) "Lonely Chaplin" - in Jap.  Sung with fans.

(2) Song from Secret Garden OST - in Korean.  "That Man", originally sung by Hyun Bin.

(3) His song from GFB OST - in Korean.  "Best Wishes to You", originally sung by CJH.

(4) "Story" by AI - in Jap.   

Enjoy!

First Section: “I want to sing with CJH!”

In this part of the fan meeting, 2 lucky fans get to sing a duet with CJH. The girl who receives a louder applause from the audience wins.  Both took turns to sing the song “Lonely Chaplin” with CJH.  At 4:35, the emcee asks CJH who he thought had the louder applause and he said: “I don’t know.”  “Both were really good.  It’s very difficult to choose between them because both were really good.  Would the audience please give both another round of applause again?”  The 2nd girl won in the end.   

Second Section: “The Making of CJH’s Pictorial Book” (Celes80: They spoke really fast and I skipped some dialogue in this section cos it was quite difficult to catch.)

06:56 VO: People who attended the fan meeting were given a pictorial book of CJH entitled “Summer’s Memories”.  They showed a video of CJH when he was shooting those pictures.  The first few shots were taken at a park in Gimpo. 

08:00 Emcee: What were you feeling when you were taking those shots?”  CJH: “It was really hot. I sweated so much it was like I’d taken a shower.”   

08:38:  Emcee: “The next few shots were taken in a beach near Incheon, Seoul.” (Skipped some bits here) Emcee: “CJH, do you swim?” CJH: “If not drowning can be considered as swimming, then yes, I can swim.” :D  (Skipped some bits here) Emcee: “What do you feel when you are doing your photo shoots?”

10:22 CJH: “It felt awkward previously, but I’ve since gotten much more used to it so shooting has been a lot more fun and enjoyable recently.  But I don’t like it when bad photographs are taken of me…. Isn’t seeing the real person always better?” (laughs) CJH: "Sorry!"   Emcee: “ Well, that's of course isn't it?  Haha.  Let’s move onto the next scene.” 

10:48:  Emcee: “The next few shots were taken in the café.  CJH, do you like to drink coffee leisurely in cafés?  CJH: “Yes, I like it very much.” Emcee: “What about reading books in cafés, do you do that too?” CJH: “I’m almost never alone in a café by myself, so I wouldn’t read books in the café alone.  I like to chat with people a lot, so I love to meet up and chat with people in cafés.  I really like having the time to chat with people, especially over morning coffee!”

11:51 Emcee: “CJH, what’s your favourite season?” CJH: “I love summer.” Emcee: “Even though you’ll be perspiring lots?” CJH: “Yes, I really perspire loads!”

12:55  Third Section: “CJH on Stage”

13:05 CJH: “I’m quite nervous… do I still look cool?” “I had wanted to spend some time with everyone in this manner – just you and me.  I’d already felt this the last time round, but I think that I am very fortunate and that it is truly an honour for me to be with everyone here today.  I’d like to convey my gratitude to everyone once again.”

13:49  Translator, for CJH: “I’d like to sing a song for everyone next.  Have you all watched the drama “Secret Garden” before? There is a song in the OST entitled “That Man” that I’d like to sing.  Please listen to it." Original Song: “That Man” sung by Hyun Bin. Lyrics here 

18:55 CJH: “It’s hot, isn’t it?” “Aren’t all of you feeling hot?” “Really?  You’re not feeling hot at all?” Audience says something.  CJH: “You’re feeling cold?!” “That’s not good, isn’t it?”

19:14 CJH: “Please wait a moment; let me check the order (of the songs)”…:D … “Have you all heard of this drama called “Gu Family Book (GFB)”?  It’d only recently just finished airing in Korea.  I still have problems getting out of the role even now.  It is a character that I like very much.  Gu Wol Ryeong (GWR).  WR.  I sang one of the songs in the GFB OST.  Did you all know that?  This song called “Best Wishes to You”.  I like this song very much, so I always listen to it. (laughs)  And so, I would like to present this song “Best Wishes to You” to you.  Please listen to it.”

21:05 [Captions] Title of Song: “Best Wishes to You”, by CJH.  Song Lyrics can be found here.

24:58 CJH: “This year, I am 29 years old (in Korean’s age terms).  I will be 30 next year.  As you all know, there are armed forces in Korea.  Next year is the year where I must enlist in the army.  As such, I think that this will be the last time I can to meet with all my fans in Japan (before enlistment).” *uproar from audience* Translator for CJH: “But, it definitely won’t be the last time!  After I am done with the army, I will come back and we will meet again, won’t we?”  CJH: “I’d already said this earlier, but I’d like to say it again.  Thank you so much for being here today.  I could have never imagined that there would be so many people today.”

25:55 VO Summary: CJH was asked about his impression of his Japanese fans. 

26:09 CJH: “What sort of cheers do the fans in Korea say to us actors?... If I compare them to my fans in Japan who tend to give loud and passionate cheers, I feel that the fans in Korea tend to be a little more passive.   Japanese tend to be more assertive and passionate in expressing themselves.  I’d felt this the last time I came as well.  Their enthusiasm and passion came on much more strongly and their cheers were a great source of power for me.  I rely a lot on my fans and I find strength to carry on because of their existence.”

26:54:  [Captions] “Receive their Power” VO: From this fan meeting, CJH has found the power from his fans and found strength to carry on.  During the event finale, CJH has this final message for his fans:

27:35 CJH: “Today, I received a lot of cheers from everyone and I’d really enjoyed myself.  Actually, there were many times when I felt like crying just now.  But… It is probably strange to say this but I believe that today won’t be the last time we speak.  Everyone, please take care of yourselves until I come back.   I believe very much in fate.  It is fate that brought us here together today.  From now on, even whilst I am in the army, no matter where or when, I will never forget about today and how thankful I am to have met everyone here.  I’m sure everyone here knows the song「STORY」.  Let’s sing it together. 「STORY」”

29:00:  [Captions] Title of Song: “Story”, by AI.  (Japanese) Song Lyrics can be found here 

33:20   CJH: “Thank you very much!”

33:37 (Ending Credits) CJH: “Today the weather wasn’t very good and there was a typhoon in the morning.  Because of that I was rather worried.  But I am very grateful that so many people turned up for the fan meeting in spite of that. From now on, even when I have similar activities in Korea and Japan and in other countries in the future, these feelings of gratitude and thanks will forever stay with me.  I will continue to work hard.  Thank you very much.”

Guest mdolphins

@celes80 said:

Hello, CJH fans! Translation of Part 2 of the Jap Fan Meeting Video link here. @mdolphins - tagging you especially :)

I summarised parts of it, and only focussed on what I thought was interesting.  Part 2 of the video is like CJH's mini-concert.  He sings 4 songs - do watch it if you want to catch him serenading the audience to death. Haha. :D

The 4 songs are:

(1) "Lonely Chaplin" - in Jap.  Sung with fans.

(2) Song from Secret Garden OST - in Korean.  "That Man", originally sung by Hyun Bin.

(3) His song from GFB OST - in Korean.  "Best Wishes to You", originally sung by CJH.

(4) "Story" by AI - in Jap.   

Enjoy!

First Section: “I want to sing with CJH!”

In this part of the fan meeting, 2 lucky fans get to sing a duet with CJH. The girl who receives a louder applause from the audience wins.  Both took turns to sing the song “Lonely Chaplin” with CJH.  At 4:35, the emcee asks CJH who he thought had the louder applause and he said: “I don’t know.”  “Both were really good.  It’s very difficult to choose between them because both were really good.  Would the audience please give both another round of applause again?”  The 2nd girl won in the end.   

Second Section: “The Making of CJH’s Pictorial Book” (Celes80: They spoke really fast and I skipped some dialogue in this section cos it was quite difficult to catch.)

06:56 VO: People who attended the fan meeting were given a pictorial book of CJH entitled “Summer’s Memories”.  They showed a video of CJH when he was shooting those pictures.  The first few shots were taken at a park in Gimpo. 

08:00 Emcee: What were you feeling when you were taking those shots?”  CJH: “It was really hot. I sweated so much it was like I’d taken a shower.”   

08:38:  Emcee: “The next few shots were taken in a beach near Incheon, Seoul.” (Skipped some bits here) Emcee: “CJH, do you swim?” CJH: “If not drowning can be considered as swimming, then yes, I can swim.” :D  (Skipped some bits here) Emcee: “What do you feel when you are doing your photo shoots?”

10:22 CJH: “It felt awkward previously, but I’ve since gotten much more used to it so shooting has been a lot more fun and enjoyable recently.  But I don’t like it when bad photographs are taken of me…. Isn’t seeing the real person always better?” (laughs) CJH: "Sorry!"   Emcee: “ Well, that's of course isn't it?  Haha.  Let’s move onto the next scene.” 

10:48:  Emcee: “The next few shots were taken in the café.  CJH, do you like to drink coffee leisurely in cafés?  CJH: “Yes, I like it very much.” Emcee: “What about reading books in cafés, do you do that too?” CJH: “I’m almost never alone in a café by myself, so I wouldn’t read books in the café alone.  I like to chat with people a lot, so I love to meet up and chat with people in cafés.  I really like having the time to chat with people, especially over morning coffee!”

11:51 Emcee: “CJH, what’s your favourite season?” CJH: “I love summer.” Emcee: “Even though you’ll be perspiring lots?” CJH: “Yes, I really perspire loads!”

12:55  Third Section: “CJH on Stage”

13:05 CJH: “I’m quite nervous… do I still look cool?” “I had wanted to spend some time with everyone in this manner – just you and me.  I’d already felt this the last time round, but I think that I am very fortunate and that it is truly an honour for me to be with everyone here today.  I’d like to convey my gratitude to everyone once again.”

13:49  Translator, for CJH: “I’d like to sing a song for everyone next.  Have you all watched the drama “Secret Garden” before? There is a song in the OST entitled “That Man” that I’d like to sing.  Please listen to it." Original Song: “That Man” sung by Hyun Bin. Lyrics here 

18:55 CJH: “It’s hot, isn’t it?” “Aren’t all of you feeling hot?” “Really?  You’re not feeling hot at all?” Audience says something.  CJH: “You’re feeling cold?!” “That’s not good, isn’t it?”

19:14 CJH: “Please wait a moment; let me check the order (of the songs)”…:D … “Have you all heard of this drama called “Gu Family Book (GFB)”?  It’d only recently just finished airing in Korea.  I still have problems getting out of the role even now.  It is a character that I like very much.  Gu Wol Ryeong (GWR).  WR.  I sang one of the songs in the GFB OST.  Did you all know that?  This song called “Best Wishes to You”.  I like this song very much, so I always listen to it. (laughs)  And so, I would like to present this song “Best Wishes to You” to you.  Please listen to it.”

21:05 [Captions] Title of Song: “Best Wishes to You”, by CJH.  Song Lyrics can be found here.

24:58 CJH: “This year, I am 29 years old (in Korean’s age terms).  I will be 30 next year.  As you all know, there are armed forces in Korea.  Next year is the year where I must enlist in the army.  As such, I think that this will be the last time I can to meet with all my fans in Japan (before enlistment).” *uproar from audience* Translator for CJH: “But, it definitely won’t be the last time!  After I am done with the army, I will come back and we will meet again, won’t we?”  CJH: “I’d already said this earlier, but I’d like to say it again.  Thank you so much for being here today.  I could have never imagined that there would be so many people today.”

25:55 VO Summary: CJH was asked about his impression of his Japanese fans. 

26:09 CJH: “What sort of cheers do the fans in Korea say to us actors?... If I compare them to my fans in Japan who tend to give loud and passionate cheers, I feel that the fans in Korea tend to be a little more passive.   Japanese tend to be more assertive and passionate in expressing themselves.  I’d felt this the last time I came as well.  Their enthusiasm and passion came on much more strongly and their cheers were a great source of power for me.  I rely a lot on my fans and I find strength to carry on because of their existence.”

26:54:  [Captions] “Receive their Power” VO: From this fan meeting, CJH has found the power from his fans and found strength to carry on.  During the event finale, CJH has this final message for his fans:

27:35 CJH: “Today, I received a lot of cheers from everyone and I’d really enjoyed myself.  Actually, there were many times when I felt like crying just now.  But… It is probably strange to say this but I believe that today won’t be the last time we speak.  Everyone, please take care of yourselves until I come back.   I believe very much in fate.  It is fate that brought us here together today.  From now on, even whilst I am in the army, no matter where or when, I will never forget about today and how thankful I am to have met everyone here.  I’m sure everyone here knows the song「STORY」.  Let’s sing it together. 「STORY」”

29:00:  [Captions] Title of Song: “Story”, by AI.  (Japanese) Song Lyrics can be found here 

33:20   CJH: “Thank you very much!”

33:37 (Ending Credits) CJH: “Today the weather wasn’t very good and there was a typhoon in the morning.  Because of that I was rather worried.  But I am very grateful that so many people turned up for the fan meeting in spite of that. From now on, even when I have similar activities in Korea and Japan and in other countries in the future, these feelings of gratitude and thanks will forever stay with me.  I will continue to work hard.  Thank you very much.”

@tiaraisnap said: Hy Everyone . .
Nice to know U all , I am Tiara from Indonesia and I am starting to become Choi Jin Hyuk fans now :DI am so lucky to find this forum and get many things about Him from here ^^
I want to ask about Choi Jin Hyuk family , does He have siblings ? Because on the interview i just read He mentioned His Parents . .And also is there anyone here that have Love Song a show on tvN that Choi Jin Hyuk attended as the guest with eng sub ?
Thanks b4 ^^
*Sorry for My bad english*

That video of the nutty nomads was sooo funny. Hahaha. Thanks so much for sharing that! 
Btw, CJH and SJH are coming to Singapore today. I don't think I've ever mentioned it here before (cos it was irrelevant) but actually I'm from Singapore so I'm going to try and make it for the meet-and-greet later. :D I'm pretty excited about it, it's sure gonna distract me from work for the rest of the day. Haha. I say try because I can only rush down after work and I hope to make it on time. I'm not sure I can get a good vantage point for photos cos I'll be v late and it will be swarming with ppl cheering for SJH. RM is crazy popular in Singapore. The last time RM came, the entire shopping complex came to a standstill cos it was crazy swarmed. I suspect most of the ppl coming for the EC fan meet later will be there for SJH and less for CJH. I'm gonna try my hardest to squeeze in and see if I can catch both of them. I'll be sure to check in if anything interesting comes up. 
Sad to say, I'm not going for the EC fan meet, so the meet and greet is prob my best bet to see them.  P.S @tiaraisnap‌ - welcome to the forum!

celes80 said: That video of the nutty nomads was sooo funny. Hahaha. Thanks so much for sharing that! 
Btw, CJH and SJH are coming to Singapore today. I don't think I've ever mentioned it here before (cos it was irrelevant) but actually I'm from Singapore so I'm going to try and make it for the meet-and-greet later. :D I'm pretty excited about it, it's sure gonna distract me from work for the rest of the day. Haha. I say try because I can only rush down after work and I hope to make it on time. I'm not sure I can get a good vantage point for photos cos I'll be v late and it will be swarming with ppl cheering for SJH. RM is crazy popular in Singapore. The last time RM came, the entire shopping complex came to a standstill cos it was crazy swarmed. I suspect most of the ppl coming for the EC fan meet later will be there for SJH and less for CJH. I'm gonna try my hardest to squeeze in and see if I can catch both of them. I'll be sure to check in if anything interesting comes up. 
Sad to say, I'm not going for the EC fan meet, so the meet and greet is prob my best bet to see them.  P.S @tiaraisnap‌ - welcome to the forum!

@anlene yeah! That is so awesome!!! OMG. I'm so excited to see them later!!! My hyuk hyuk!!!

@chocolatepie‌ yeah!! You are from SG too!!! Make sure to get good seats and if you have nice photos can help to post here too? Pretty pl.

@celes80  @chocolatepie   Dear Singaporean girls  I envy  you  and at the same time I hope lucky stars are beaming down on both of you.  Yes you can dream of everything; pictures, a hand shake, autograph, hugs, lots of them,(back hug/side hug/front hug etc..), a peck on the cheek    Have a fun day and thank you for sharing!

@Lim Desmond  thank you for posting
@Lim Desmond  said:  Event venue of Emergency Couple Meet & Greet session at Square 2 in Singapore. Song Jihyo and Choi Jin Hyuk might be arriving tomorrow afternoon via SQ607
Cr. as tagged

IzF7XPh.png
  cr to DC

Guest sunshine4ever

Some more pics of Jin Hyuk at the airport...

WpTJzQe.jpg

bXXsIFk.jpg

oPKGBy5.jpg

X6JDsw1.jpg

i5gPwsp.jpg

credits to Naver and original source (as tagged)

Guest sunshine4ever

@celes80 @welovesk @sky3 --- ladies..hope you will enjoy the event~~~ wish I will be there with all of you~~~ Hopefully you will get a chance to take pics of them and share with us. I wonder if Jin Hyuk & Ji Hyo are going to be tight together in the event or not. I hope so and that airang will air them...I'll be so thrilled...I don't care and I know I'm not shipping them in real life, but I just want to see these two cuties together lol....I'm content if they're just onscreen couple...!!!