Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

It sounds like Hyukssi made a decision for ‘Tunnel’, if I’m not mistaken.  I have a mixed feeling about this drama.  I know it’s a crime story but hopefully it has a big romance too. Generally I noticed that an investigative drama hadn’t attracted a mass audience just like ‘Pride & Prejudice’ which I liked a lot but didn’t draw a lot of viewers.  Where as ‘EC’ made him well known especially to overseas fans.  Still as I said before the main thing is about his comeback regardless what project he would have, and even if his comeback project wouldn’t be quiet successful, he would have more opportunity with other dramas in the future.  

(translation)

Annyeonghaseyo 

I’m so glad to greet you again after a long time.   Of all time it snows today when I’m having a (re)start/open formally which made me very nervous.   um  Soon I will be able to greet you with a good drama.    Please wait for me till then.   Have a good year end and Happy New year… It’s so cold that I can’t seem to speak properly.    Anyway I will see you soon through a good drama.  See you again! :heart:  

인사영상/Greeting video (12/2/2016)

[theReal] 최진혁 WebTVAsia Awards 2016 KOREA 인사영상

최진혁 공식팬카페 'theReal' Official Youtube 

• Like 2

Helloooooo @booha @chaybags55 @celes80 @ell4u And all my ForeverFanFriends of CJH!  And...of course our Newcomers!

It's been a long LONG hiatus for me!  Though busy, I've surely not forgotten my Place in Soompi!  Lol!  @booha once again!  You've been so faithful, Forever 'HERE' for Jin Hyuk ssi!  Taking my hat off to you!

Collage%202015-06-07%2022_04_11_zpskkbqv

Just sharing an 'old' post I did...oooh!  Isn't he gorgeous?  That Smile, That Gaze! :wub::heart::phew:

• Like 3

CJH plays the detective character from 1986 which is his birth year. haha   Well Hyuki isn’t going to be  a dashing bachelor detective but a father figure in this drama.  Still he has to be a single (widower?)  for the OTP romance in the drama.  Lee Yoo Young seems a bit new as an actress but she got the awards already.  Well she is the latest girl for Hyuki onscreen character.

** I found some articles about the writer’s first drama special ‘Invisible’(2013). The drama special showed a single episode for each broadcast.   I have to read some more about it later.

rGGMwFa.gif

(translation)

First return 'Choi Jin Hyuk' First drama 'Lee Yoo young' 'Tunnel' protagonists

htm_20161206112550308148_99_20161206112705.jpg?type=w430_q80

CJH and Lee Yoo Young will appear as the leads in OCN drama.

An official from a drama department  revealed that “CJH & LYY were selected as the protagonists of OCN ‘Tunnel’ which is scheduled to broadcast next March.”

CJH plays Park Kwang Ho, a master of a homicide detective of the serious crime squad.   He is a fierce detective  who discovers clue through meticulous searching around the victim and the suspect, and finds   the hideout finally by living a whole month with a burglar hyeong.

Lee Yoo Young portrays  Shin Jae Ie who grew up in England and is teaching psychology in Korea. She received a Ph.D. in research on serial killers who target women and when her research became known in academia, she received and accepted invitation of a lecturer in Korea even though she didn’t plan it.

‘Tunnel’ is a time-slip genre.   The story is about a detective who jumps time from past to present as he tries to save his daughter.  While working in 1986 a detective went around ridges between rice paddies and was capturing the suspect, he jumps over to 2016.   Everywhere he goes, he gets into trouble and whatever he touches, he causes accidents, but  he feels strange but interested.  He appears to be an old-fashioned type of a past man and a past detective.

In October last year, CJH got the early discharge  after serving in the Army 7 months due to an    osteoarthritis injury in knee. As his first project since then, he chose ‘Tunnel’.   LYY debuted in 2014 in the movie ‘Spring’ and right after ascended into ‘Chungmuro Cinderella'.  ‘Tunnel’ is her first drama. 

Lee Eun Mi wrote the drama special ‘Invisible’(2013) and ‘Tunnel’ is  her first novella.  ‘Tunnel’ will be broadcast in March   following ‘Voice’ in 2017. 

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002620159

• Like 2

(portion from this IG)  " Biography of Lee Yoo-young 이유영"

Lee Yoo-young is a South Korean actress. For her feature film debut Late Spring, Lee won Best Actress at the 14th Milan International Film Festival in 2014 - making her the first Korean to receive the honor at that festival.
Born: December 8, 1989 (age 26), Seoul, South Korea
Awards: Blue Dragon Film Award for Best New Actress, Grand Bell Award for Best New Actress

*If her role in 'Tunnel' is confirmed, it will be Lee Yoo-young's first TV drama.

• Like 2

@meili29

hoTwkgd.gif

Thank you dear  Always nice to see your such wonderful works. I have a feeling whenever Hyuki visited your site he couldn’t help but be touched by your enthusiasm.  It looks like he signed in ‘Tunnel’ and we will see him on a tv screen before too long. waahaaahaa  Take care

:heart::heart:

YHxXOof.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, booha said:

asianwiki IG posted about ‘Tunnel which is going to be aired on F & Sa

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. I hope CJH is going to do a drama any time soon. I hope he's going to take this. The premise sounds fun and Choi Jin Hyuk is a talented actor that I’ll be looking forward to see him playing this role! On the other hand, I don’t know much about Lee Yoo-young.  I pray that his comeback project will be successful. This drama is right up my league. :P

• Like 2

@willenette IOtKCkG.gif Hello   Yes it looks like JHssi is in ‘Tunnel’.  According to the article Tunnel would start shooting at the end of Dec or early next month.  It seems what we saw of him in WebTVAsia is going to be his new look for the drama which is a bit similar look to the one in ‘Pride & Prejudice’.  I have a feeling the cast might be starting for a poster shooting  soon since the CJH Daum site indicates ‘Tunnel’ is in construction. :)

:blush::blush:

Hyuki girls   OCN came out with a promotional video for ‘Tunnel’ today and in the CJH Daum site, ‘Tunnel’ is posted as under construction. I guess it means JHssi is in.  About Lee Yoo Young, she had appeared in a number of movies since 2012 ( total 11 but a lot of them are very short films, and 2 full length movies that she won in a newcomer actress category.)  I kind of like her look in various  images.  Some of her pictures made me think of her as someone who has a rather quirky personality.

崔振赫香港飯團 Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 HK Fan Group shared 崔振赫최진혁台灣後援會 Choi Jin Hyuk Taiwan Fan Club's video.

【2016.12.08★OCN《隧道 Tunnel》Image Teaser】

http://search.daum.net/search?w=tot&m=&q=최진혁

82n5efZ.jpg

B) This article is about the upcoming  4 OCN dramas: Voice, Tunnel, Dual, and ‘Bad Guys2’ 

(translation for Tunnel part)

‘Tunnel’ will find the viewers followed by ‘Voice’.   As a time-slip genre, it deals with the story of a detective who comes from the past to the present.   Currently Choi Jin Hyuk and Lee Yoo Young are being considered as the leads.  The casting work will be completed  by the middle of this month and it will begin a full scale shooting at the end of December or early next month.

81721282.1.jpg

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20161207/81721292/1 

• Like 1

I did a screencap for the preview.  It shows the space time changes.   Then in the first scene a guy seems to be running in as his feet indicate inward and then in the next scene, a guy is on the way out.  Maybe showing him running through a tunnel…. Or maybe there are two guys in which one(a bad dude) runs in from the future?

B2di9QP.jpg

OIeUX1h.jpgdOhj0za.jpg

jnrwOXV.jpg

HEyJdLZ.jpg

CxE2YNn.jpg

• Like 1

@Ihjj    Ohh  Hi  Yes our Hyuki has a new drama.  I just read Dramabeans’s brief description of this new drama and I feel hopeful about  the drama.  :)

Hyuki girls  Dramabeans has a very good description about the drama and the leads.  It sounds like there might be a lot of /or some light moment s for the male lead and OTP?? ((  I found it from, thanks:  Choi Jin Hyuk-최진혁 Global Fans shared a link.))

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/ocns-tunnel-courts-choi-jin-hyuk-lee-yoo-young-to-star/

OCN’s Tunnel courts Choi Jin-hyuk, Lee Yoo-young to star

Choi Jin-hyuk (Pride and Prejudice) is still considering OCN’s time-slip crime drama Tunnel as his post-army comeback project, and now an offer is out to the “Cinderella of Chungmuro” film actress Lee Yoo-young (Yourself and Yours, The Treacherous, Late Spring), in what would be her first ever foray into dramaland.

Tunnel is the story of a detective who traverses past and present in the hopes of saving his daughter. He goes from walking along the ridges of rice paddies for clues in 1986, straight into 2016. Wherever he goes, he causes trouble and creates problems, but his antics are funny and bizarre because he is an old-fashioned detective from the past trying to adjust to life in modern day.

Choi Jin-hyuk plays the main character, an expert violent crimes detective named Park Kwang-ho, who leaves no stone unturned when it comes to scraping for clues. He’s so meticulous and zealous that he once hung out with a thief’s hyung for a month just to locate where the thief was hiding, and it worked.

Lee Yoo-young plays Shin Jae-yi, a U.K.-raised psychology lecturer with a Ph.D. The character wrote her thesis on serial killers who target women and is a recognized name in academic circles. Although she had no plans to teach in Korea, she is presented with the opportunity to do so and accepts, leading to her involvement in the case.

The premise sounds fun, and I’m looking forward to seeing what film actress and drama newcomer Lee Yoo-young’s got. And I think there’ll be plenty of comedy to mine from the main character since quite a lot has changed since the ’80s, giving Choi Jin-hyuk a lot to play with. A smartphone would probably boggle his mind!

Tunnel is expected to premiere on OCN in March 2017, after Voice ends its run.

Fu8XlMM.jpg

• Like 1

Okay now it’s official. :w00t:  He is in ‘Tunnel’.  That’s good to know but what about this new hair of his??   I sincerely hope he will not appear like that in his return drama.  Then I remember that he had a similar hair cut in PP’s script reading(??) which some Korean fans had so much fun with.  So this new look is just a moment thing ??    oh gosh…   speechless :sweatingbullets:

[Edit]  CJH will resume acting after 3 years with a time-slip crime investigation. =>> CJH will resume acting after 3 years with a time-slip crime investigation drama 'Tunnel'.

(translation) (12/15)

Choi Jin Hyuk returns with ‘Tunnel’ on a small screen after 3 years  “I had  lots of thirst for acting” [official position]

CJH will resume acting after 3 years with a time-slip crime investigation drama 'Tunnel'.

CJH confirms about the appearance in OCN 's (F/Sa) Original 'Tunnel' which is broadcasted early next year.   On 12/15 the G-Tree Creative Agency said “ ‘Tunnel’ was chosen after serious  consideration  since it was his comeback  after a long period of absence,” “This drama will stand out with a tight script and an attractive/lovable character.” 

Opening 2017 with ‘Tunnel’  CJH returns to the small screen after 3 years since starring in ‘Fated to Love You’ and  ‘Pride and Prejudice’.  His comeback will likely be much-needed rain  in broadcasts which have been experiencing a shortage recently.  Also CJH is expected to bring some fresh air to the sluggish Hallyu market. 

CJH was introduced throughout Asia with ‘Heirs’ and ‘Gu Family Book’.  He also appeared in the remake of famous Chinese drama ‘Fated to Love You’ which brought a higher awareness about him both in Japan and Southeast Asia, including China.  As a result, CJH was officially invited as a presenter for the award winner  at the 2016 Web TV Asia Awards which was held for the first time in Korea at the end of last month, and he delivered the trophy to Japanese Pico Taro who is famous for "pen pineapple apple pen".

CJH conveyed about his return through his agency “Even though I felt lots of thirst for acting, I took a serious time about choosing the next project.” “As I met a good production team with a solid script, I would like to repay the fans and viewers with good acting, and I will do my best for the drama.”

CJH is casted as the main lead in ‘Tunnel’ which is  OCN’s ambitious project for the first half  of 2017 as OCN is famous for such a genre.    The drama ‘Tunnel’ is a crime investigation story.  The protagonist  makes a time-slip jump to 2016 while searching for a killer of the serial murders of women in the 1980s, and restarts the 30 years old case of female serial murders after discovering  the link between past and present, and solves it.  

http://media.daum.net/entertain/drama/newsview?newsid=20161215080330126

20161215080330087mkol.jpg   UPw2vLE.gif  

Edited by booha
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, booha said:

Okay now it’s official. :w00t:  He is in ‘Tunnel’.  That’s good to know but what about this new hair of his??   I sincerely hope he will not appear like that in his return drama.  Then I remember that he had a similar hair cut in PP’s script reading(??) which some Korean fans had so much fun with.  So this new look is just a moment thing ??    oh gosh…   speechless :sweatingbullets:

(translation) (12/15)

Choi Jin Hyuk returns with ‘Tunnel’ on a small screen after 3 years  “I had  lots of thirst for acting” [official position]

CJH will resume acting after 3 years with a time-slip crime investigation.

CJH confirms about the appearance in OCN 's (F/Sa) Original 'Tunnel' which is broadcasted early next year.   On 12/15 the G-Tree Creative Agency said “ ‘Tunnel’ was chosen after serious  consideration  since it was his comeback  after a long period of absence,” “This drama will stand out with a tight script and an attractive/lovable character.” 

http://media.daum.net/entertain/drama/newsview?newsid=20161215080330126

Thanks @booha . I've shared your translation to the FB and IG of CJHHKFG.

So glad that he is back finally! Miss you all! 

• Like 2

I’m posting a few more

One(Naver) is from HK fan group  and another(OSEN) is from Psh4714 (Hyuki agent).  They are nearly the same as another article I translated except for a few paragraphs.     ** I found the article I translated in The Real CJH fan café, because I noticed that generally news articles from media-Daum or  Naver have less crazy kinds of advertisements.

@PolarisCat   Hi Here is the article(Naver) you posted in your FB.  The one I translated is from the Daum article(from The Real CJH fan café). I found this morning that the article posted by Psh4714 in his IG has both content but this article contains those usual crazy advertisements.  :)

PS  A minor edit in the earlier translated article: CJH will resume acting after 3 years with a time-slip crime investigation  => CJH will resume acting after 3 years with a time-slip crime investigation drama 'Tunnel'. 

崔振赫香港飯團 Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 HK Fan Group

(http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000933105 )

최진혁, OCN '터널' 주연 확정"연기 갈증 컸다"

Choi Jin Hyuk, OCN ‘Tunnel’  confirm to the leading part…“(I had) lots of thirst for acting” [official position]

Spoiler

Choi Jin Hyuk confirms about the appearance in the F/Sa OCN drama ‘Tunnel’, and he will resume his acting career after 3 years.

On 12/15 the G-Tree Creative Agency said “ ‘Tunnel’ was chosen after serious  consideration  since it was his comeback  after a long period of absence,” “This drama will stand out with a tight script and an attractive/lovable character.”  

Opening 2017 with ‘Tunnel’  CJH returns to the small screen after 3 years since starring in ‘Fated to Love You’ and  ‘Pride and Prejudice’.  His comeback will likely be much-needed rain  in broadcasts which have been experiencing a shortage recently.  Also CJH is expected to bring some fresh air to the sluggish Hallyu market. 

The agency added “Even though CJH has had a period of a long absence,   there are still a lot of Hallyu fans  waiting for the return of Choi Jin Hyuk which surprised us.” “ ‘Tunnel’ will be an opportunity  to show  a matured CJH not only to Korean fans but to the overseas fans.”

CJH is casted as the main lead in ‘Tunnel’ which is  OCN’s ambitious project for the first half  of 2017 as OCN is famous for such a genre.    The drama ‘Tunnel’ is a crime investigation story.  The protagonist  makes a time-slip jump to 2016 while searching for a killer of the serial murders of women in the 1980s, and restarts the 30 years old case of female serial murders after discovering  the link between past and present, and solves it. 

CJH plays  Park Kwang Ho, who is a veteran detective in the crime squad for 10 years, and who makes a time-slip jump to 30 years later, while chasing  a suspect in the tunnel, and tries to solve the case quickly in order to return to his past.

CJH conveyed about his return through his agency “Even though I felt lots of thirst for acting, I took a serious time about choosing the next project.” “As I met a good production team with a solid script, I would like to repay the fans and viewers with good acting, and I will do my best for the drama.”

The first filming for ‘Tunnel’ starts at the end of December and will be aired in March next year.

from Psh4714  

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110552500

최진혁, OCN ‘터널’ 출연확정..3년만 복귀[공식입장]

Choi Jin-hyeok, OCN 'Tunnel'  Confirm to appear .. Return after three years [Official position]

CJH will resume acting after 3 years with a time-slip crime investigation drama 'Tunnel'.

CJH confirms about the appearance in OCN 's (F/Sa) Original 'Tunnel' which is broadcasted early 2017.   The G-Tree Creative Agency said “ ‘Tunnel’ was chosen after serious  consideration  since it was his comeback  after a long period of absence,” “This drama will stand out with a tight script and an attractive/lovable character.” 

Opening 2017 with ‘Tunnel’  CJH returns to the small screen after 3 years since starring in ‘Fated to Love You’ and  ‘Pride and Prejudice’.  His comeback will likely be much-needed rain  in broadcasts which have been experiencing a shortage recently.  Also CJH is expected to bring some fresh air to the sluggish Hallyu market. 

CJH was introduced throughout Asia with ‘Heirs’ and ‘Gu Family Book’.  He also appeared in the remake of famous Chinese drama ‘Fated to Love You’ which brought a higher awareness about him both in Japan and Southeast Asia, including China.  As a result, CJH was officially invited as a presenter for the award winner  at the 2016 Web TV Asia Awards which was held for the first time in Korea at the end of last month, and he delivered the trophy to Japanese Pico Taro who is famous for "pen pineapple apple pen".

The agency added “Even though CJH has had a period of a long absence,   there are still a lot of Hallyu fans  waiting for the return of Choi Jin Hyuk which surprised us.” “ ‘Tunnel’ will be an opportunity  to show  a matured CJH not only to Korean fans but to the overseas fans.”

CJH plays  Park Kwang Ho, who is a veteran detective in the crime squad for 10 years, and who makes a time-slip jump to 30 years later, while chasing  a suspect in the tunnel, and tries to solve the case quickly in order to return to his past.

The first filming for ‘Tunnel’ starts at the end of December and will be aired in March next year.

• Like 2