Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

@celes80 Thank you  I’m glad to hear that some fans were from other places.  I know some of Japanese fans are very loyal and they even made a trip to Korea. You probably have seen the video which shows CHJ with a small group of fans and he plays with a boy.  If I’m not mistaken, that group was from Japan. It happened before GFB and probably he was a lot more easily available.  Hopefully after the army service, he could be available to a small group of determined fans again.

Previously I saw a picture of him tossing over his yellow jacket and I was curious which lucky fan got it. 

miaC0fc.jpg

saHrUbx.jpg

yRfSOco.jpg

I also made another screen cap for the hugging because of her expression! She knew she was lucky.

A4FLcJM.jpg

Edited by booha

@ell4u said: HI EVERYONE!  @Violetlove2 said:  Side note, he looks like he would be really soft to hug, if that makes since LOL. Like some guys you're like "oh wow you're so skinny stop hugging me before your bones puncture my skin" or something like that, but he looks like he would be nice and cuddly to hug. XD Gosh that sounds embarrassing to type out. But I'm doing it anyway. oh dear.. let me just correct you because i am quite certain  that he wont be SOFT to hug...he's ganna be FIRM with his 6-PACK CHOCO ABS..hihi..

i hope he gains weight now that PP is finished.. he looks better in EC and FTLY..

BTW hyukhyuk girls.. happy 400 pages.. seemed long ago when i came to this thread and it was just about 276 or so pages.. it has been a blessing for me to share and read our thoughts about our love for our man and to share some jokes once in a while.. and to develop friendships with you all..

hyukhyuk girls  So nice to see 400 marks and let’s cheer for his perfect bicep!!  Haha

ixGx5Fw.jpg

lDChkQ.gif

cr to DC

Edited by booha

The new article with CJH. It seems like he burnt out from the non-stop working. I can’t blame him. Especially after he got sick from a serious influenza during ER, he might not recover completely.

(translation)

CJH revealed “I almost didn’t do PP.”

CJH met Star News in the café Gangnam-gu, Seoul 1/20 and told “After tvN ER, I had a hard time physically. I really wanted to rest but I ended up doing FTLY. Then I knew I was going to the army so before going away I wanted to have some time for myself but again I did PP.”

He explained “when I work with a project, I have to take care of the face so I couldn’t be able just to have binge play. Sometimes I absolutely didn’t want to do anything or I felt like skipping exercise. But with work, I couldn’t do it. I had to visit a dermatologist. There were so many things I had to do it when I worked.”

CJH revealed “Eventually I did PP.  At the beginning the prosecutor character was so difficult that I wasn’t sure whether I made the right choice. I felt very awkward with the way the dialog was.  In the early stage, I struggled a little but gradually I felt I had improved.”

CJH played the chief prosecutor GDC in Incheon District Prosecutors’ office for the MBC drama, PP which ended 1/13.

qUcvQsc.jpg

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2015012011064971658&outlink=2&SVEC

Edited by booha

Guest vforvintagevera

HAPPY 400 EVERYBODY!!
@Celes80, Thanks for posting the videos! LOL They all make it sound like he had instant fame after he changed his name from Kim Taeho to Choi Jinhyuk, and I suppose he became a more recognizable name in the k-drama world with CJH versus KTH, but not many people in Korea knew who he was still. He definitely wasn't the public figure he is today. Only kdrama fans in the loop kinda knew who he was from It's Okay Daddy's Girl and I Need Romance. He still needed to toil in the industry for 3 more years before finally breaking out in 2013 with Gu Family Book. I remember after My Daughter The Flower ended and he was kinda jobless for an entire 2012 and the only thing on his resume was Panda and Hedgehog (and as much as I love him in it and his bromance with Donghae, I'll be the first to admit that he was horribly miscast in it since I believe he is so much cooler than his character was written - like who doesn't believe CJH can beat up people with those guns of his?), so you knew he was desperate for a job - hence his thoughts of quitting if GFB wasn't a success.
But the Hong Kong report of his fanmeet is really cute and awesome. So many people from different countries there to support CJH! That lucky fan who got his jacket. CRIES. But LOL what did I say? CJH is a slayer of ovaries, noonas, ahjummas, young women and teenagers xD
Here's another report from this HK fanmeet (lol at the fanboy he hugged):

Thank you for sharing @booha! Despite being burn out, he's still wurking it in that photo!Yeah, it's pretty apparent he's burnt out from nonstop work this year, but it's all worth it, in my humble opinion. His hard work has shown how in demand he is and what a hot commodity he is, as a talented actor and as as well as a reliable rising star, so networks can trust to bring in ratings. I'm glad he can take two years to rest and recover, though I'm not so sure how much one can rest in an army xD But with his starpower established and apparent, when he returns from the military, he'll have a good track record to show and people will remember him. So all his hard work was definitely worth it. 
I think what he's done within such a short span of time is remarkable. Really, when you think about it, he turned a two-episode cameo stint into a full-fledged rising hot commodity career into an established career in less than two years! That's CRAZY! 
What he and his agency have accomplished in such a short amount of time is remarkable and something to be applauded. Even though I'm sure he sacrificed his health and perhaps relationships, but in the end, it was worth it in the sense that it made up for all that time he was a struggling, unknown actor. In my opinion, better always working than not working at all. Better to have options than no options at all. He's repaid all his debts, he's debt-free, he has endorsements, networks that are willing to bank on him, fans from all over Asia who are willing to wait for him now. 
But I too, really hope he gets to rest now, get his body back to healthy and 100%. I bet his agency probably has a couple last minute jobs, like photoshoots, interviews, etc lined up for him so that they'll have news they can release of him to remind the public of him during his two years in the army.
Soompi also posted an article about the article you mentioned lol:
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Choi Jin Hyuk Is Sad about Going to Military in March, and Regrets Not Going When He Was 19yuryunj January 19, 2015

Choi Jin Hyuk had an interview about the upcoming military service, and his thoughts on drama “Pride and Prejudice,” which recently aired its last episode.

About his character Gu Dong Chi, he shared, “I was worried throughout the filming of the drama, and it was hard to take a break because the role was so hard. The director is very quick with filming, so we always finished the day’s filming before midnight. But still, because of the drama’s story line, stress was inevitable. It’s a ‘happy’ kind of stress, but I had to study [the script] a lot.” He also added that whenever he struggled during the shoot, he thought about how he would miss acting since he was serving the military soon.

When asked what he thought about going to the military, which is to happen this year’s March, he answered, “If I say I’m not sad to go, it’s a lie. I’m sad but I know everyone has to go. It’s embarrassing that I’m going so late because of work. I’m worried about going. I know that new soldiers who will be serving with me will be around ten years younger than me, and am wondering if I’ll be able to form relationships with them. I bet they’ll be uncomfortable to have me around.”

He added that he had actually planned to serve the military when he was 19 years old, but gave up his plans when he was cast for a role around that time. He shared, “If I went to military that time, maybe I’ll be more focused and relaxed while working, and not worrying about other things. But then I also realized if I really served military that time, I may not have ended up where I am now.”

B7xGySQCYAAs_CT.jpgB7xGyTMCQAEgAnx.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2015/01/19/choi-jin-hyuk-is-sad-about-going-to-military-in-march-and-regrets-not-going-when-he-was-19/
[credit to @PolarisCat on twitter for the new photoshoot images]
I agree with his train of thought, it's really a catch 22 or a chicken/egg situation in hindsight, but hey, at least he's going to the military as a established actor. Pride and Prejudice was the perfect vehicle for him to leave on a high note. It's bittersweet, but imo, it's the best situation to be going into the military duty. 
Maybe if he had forgone the role and gone to the military at 19, he'd still been a late bloomer (in terms of fame), but maybe he'd lost interest in acting after leaving the military as well. Then maybe he wouldn't have ever gotten that 2013 breakout Wol Ryung role for Gu Family Book and we'd be talking about somebody else.
Either way, I can see his point and why he decided not to go to the military at 19. Heck, if I had landed my first role at 19, I'd probably had delayed military enlistment as well. So many k-pop idols stars do, so maybe he can take solace that there'll be some 86-liners joining him in the army as well (Hello, I'm looking at SJ's Sungmin, Donghae, Eunhyuk, TVXQ's Yunho, etc).

Guest meomongco

Hello everybody,Just wanna say hello and congratulations to the thread for 400 pages.
And i'm really sad to read the news that he's going to Military Service in March. I hope that he will have a good the last shows in Japan, Taiwan and Korea and happy in the Chinese New Year.
Sorry girls, i've been very flu on these days. I just read all comments that's very funny.
Thanks all girls, especially thanks to @booha for your translations @celes80 and @PolarisCat for your all pics, videos and @Vforvintagevera for your updating about his news!!! 
Thanks alot!!! Always smile and be happy guys!!!
P/s: @Hulya.23_d801, I miss you so much. Wishing that everything is good to you... :X

@stuffedanimals‌ welcome ^_^ and yes the sight of CJH does tend to melt away anger and boredom :)

Even though I haven't been here that long I would also like to say congratulations on the 400 pages ^_^

@ell4u‌ ooh good point my dear. I suppose there is really only one way to find out ;)

I volunteer to be the official CJH Firmness level checker!

It's not an easy job, but somebody's gotta do it.

Also sad to hear that he is leaving now for the military so soon, but I sincerely hope that his last fan meetings go well and he is able to fully rest and recover before March arrives. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers! <3

Guest vforvintagevera

@meomongco, I'm sorry to hear you caught the flu, but I hope you feel better soon my friend! Drink lots of hot fluid, stay warm and get plenty of sleep ♥

Guest chaybags55

frankreich said: Happy 400 pages!!! Oh gosh... MARCH! Now here I am thinking the two years will fly by so fast and he will come back as fabulous as ever. We need to prepare for March, guys. We really need to. Ha! *grouphug*

And now he's sporting the slicked back hair in the recent photos?! What took him so long??? *faints* 
@chaybags55 The thing is... I'm broke. Ha! Hopefully in 2 years, I've managed to get myself a better-paying job or a rich husband. JK
EDIT: Just a random thought, I'd really love to see CJH work with his sunbae, Jung Woo Sung, again. I gotta admit that man is a fantastic actor. I've watched some of his movies and he really is brilliant. I can't put my feelings into words though. I'm so glad he's the one taking care of CJH. I hope their partnership lasts and gives way to more successful projects for CJH. Maybe after his service, he might be more interested to tackle different genres and do more movies. I'd love to see him in another action, thriller, melodrama, or romance-- more serious/mature/heartbreaking roles-- a different tune from the ones he's played before. I'm saying this because I've known JWS in The Divine Move, Daisy, A Moment To Remember, and Season of Good Rain... and then I saw him recently in Scarlet Innocence and I'm like... *heavy breathing* "Now this is how an actor diversifies roles!" HAHAHAHA. CJH is on his way and I'm really proud of him. :)  73033413.jpg

Hi Hyuk Hyuk girls!! 
I just want to congratulate you for 400 pages! wow!! I still remember my first post here on the page 5 was not too long time ago, and now 400 pages!! you are really awesome and hardworking! :)>- I always enjoy your comments, posts and pictures, so thanks! :x (I think everytime I post something here I say the same things but it's true!)
Awww CJH don't go!! I'm a little sad he's leaving soon :( (why this is happening to me again?!!) I still wanted to see more of him! he's a talented actor and I'm pretty sure he will have more success in the future, he deserves it! ahhh! :'( 
I hope you girls keep supporting him forever! Fighting!! 

Guest chaybags55

hello @rachel glad to hear from you! post here more often chingu :x
yes  the thought of his leaving for MS definitely (?) March makes me sad and as @frankreich said earlier, we need a group hug =((

Guest meomongco

@Vforvintagevera,
Thank you very much. I think i'll be better soon to talk to you and everybody more... :X
Last night our Hyukie attended Lee Min Ho's event, he's too gorgeous and handsome with his suit and hair style. 
@ChelseaS, @booha, thanks alot for your update. Nice pics!!!
Update for some his nice pics
TYzkAMe.jpg 
a4HheA6.jpg LnGqitM.jpg kxFOAc8.jpg LvC08CT.jpg