Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"; [Upcoming Musical 2024.12.6~2025.2.16 : (Dracula) "Bloody Love"]

booha

@Mishiellie said: that photoshootWHO THE FREAG ALLOWED YOU TO BE SO ATTRACTIVE AND SEXY!!!
but um..... I hope he doesnt take that role tbh... I want him to play a lead role!I am so tired of the 2nd role crap.. he NEVER gets the girl.. and he gets heart broken and we cry blood over himT_____________T

@Yeekrfan2   So fantastic    When I read you were doing a graphic for CJH fan message, I thought about your fanwork you just posted.     I'm happy you have been working on it because that picture is you.  I think I have to choose the second one, 'The slow mode'  too.   So are you sending this one?   I hope you will.    It is so out there(???)     If you don't understand what it means, neither do I.   haha  For the moment I was at a loss of words to describe your fanwork. It's fantastic.  
bwt I'm starting to work on the fan message which I have never done before. I'm in between omg ... lol?!   ( I'm kind like it: jin huk, omg ...  lol )   haha

PS You shouldn't say " Oopsie how could I forgot the Adam's apple too! 

celes80 said:

I really only watch GFB for CJH. I basically only watched his scenes and nothing else. :) Here's an infographic showing the traits of our beloved GWR.

Full marks for sex appeal and wildness! (I inserted the parts in English on the pic so its easier for everyone.)

"A long time ago... there lived a dark and sexy character with a pure heart...."

hyukhyuk girls 
It was made by: 崔振赫台灣後援會 Choi Jin Hyuk Taiwan FanClub
[中字MV] 崔振赫 不要回頭 Don't Look Back Choi Jin Hyuk 돌아보지 마 최진혁 繼承者們OST FanMade

This site shows the same song with clips of wonjoo from Heirs

Published on Nov 24, 2013

請到 Google+ 觀看完整版MV,YouTube封鎖不給上傳ㅠㅠ
Go to Google+ Watch the Full Version MV Thank You ♥
Google+ Link:https://plus.google.com/1170296068943...

@Yeekrfan2‌ Isn't his jaw line sexy?! Lol. That's one of the first things I noticed about him.

@Mishiellie‌ I completely understand your feeling and agree with you, but I just tell myself at least we get to see him before he goes off the radar. Lol.

So, I saw this article come out yesterday on the jap website that I frequently visit, and thought to myself: "I really must translate this for Soompi."  CJH has been on a roll lately dishing out so many interviews, and I can't do everyone, but this one I really really liked.  So here it is.  :)

P.S. Translation is really time consuming work for me, since I'm really only just practicing and am not that proficient in the language.  So, I probably won't be dishing out too many articles in the couple of weeks, since I have regular real world priorities to attend to (don't we all), all of which have kind of been taking a backseat cos I've been obsessing over CJH. :D  But, if I come across anything interesting, I'll still try and see if I can squeeze in a couple of quick translations and posts.  I'll keep dropping by though.  Take care everyone. 

==

Original article here

Choi Jin Hyuk “The result of being lost for so long was growing up”

Article release date: TVREPORT 26th April 2014  

CJH-EC_zpsd9bf9f54.jpg

“Well-built, manly and someone with a heart.”

That was my first impression of him.  It was the same as what I’d imagined him to be.  People may find that hard to believe, given that he is so young, but where it comes to love and romance, he is a real man among the men.  He is CJH, the actor (29 years).

CJH had a glorious debut. In KBS 2TV’s “Survival Star Audition” in 2006, he had won the grand prize.  The potential was there (for him to make it big).  Everyone thought that it would be smooth sailing for him.  But just like that 5 years went by.  When one looks back on hindsight, perhaps he could have had the chance to change things.  However, things finally started to look up for him, beginning with his role in 2011’s tvN drama “I Need Romance”.  After that, he took on roles in MBC’s “Gu Family Book” in 2013 and followed that up with SBS’s “The Heirs”.  That was when he finally managed to escape completely from the dark tunnel.  Before he realised his own popularity, he had already chosen his next project which was tvN’s “Emergency Couple” (EC).  CJH with 8 years of experience under his belt was finally handed his first leading role. 

One day in April at a certain café in Seoul’s Samcheong-Dong area, I met up with CJH.  He had only just taken off his white doctor’s gown (CJH acts as an intern in EC).  CJH had filmed all night the night before, and after having only rested for about half a day, he came out to meet me.  His face did not look tired.  His eyes were bloodshot and he was noticeably slimmer, but he looked bright and cheerful.  “While shooting the drama, we did not even have a single day off.  My muscles became wasted and my belly started coming out… is it obvious? (Celes80: No, of course not! What nonsense! :) Hahaha) Even so, I did not think about wanting to rest more.  Up until now, I think I’ve had enough rest.” he said with his low, deep voice as the interview began with a quiet, gentle laughter.

CJH-EC2_zpsb22b6352.jpg

8 years without a starring role… now is his time.

In Korea’s recently concluded romantic comedy “Emergency Couple”, the story is about a divorced couple who meet again in a hospital’s emergency room setting.  CJH plays the main male lead, Oh Chang Min (OCM), who is both naïve and mischievous.  Since his debut, he has yet to take on the role of (using simple terms), someone who is a little “pathetic”.

”CJH and OCM are about 50% alike.  They both have cheerful personalities.  Actually, that part of him is very much like me.  That’s why I thought to myself, I definitely must take on this role.  Up until now, I have always been taking on serious roles.  GFB was like that.  The Heirs was the same.  I really wanted to break free of that image.  OCM is verbally abusive, raises his voice at people and even overturns tables.  I wanted to show that I could take on the role of someone who is so terrible.”

When OCM met his ex-wife Oh Jin Hee (OJH) again, he realised her true value and changed to become a real man.  As a lead actor, CJH was looking forward to the opportunity to make a good start by strengthening his (acting) foundation.

CJH-EC3_zps10caef36.jpg

”Both OCM and OJH were immature then.  They were too caught up in their own situations that they could no longer see each other’s strong points and broke up.  After that, they met again.  At the beginning, they did not realise it then, but they still had feelings for and loved each other.  I liked how both of them really matured in the story.”

”At the beginning, I was really under a lot of pressure.  The supporting cast and the main leads were not the problem, but rather, I felt that I was lacking in leadership qualities at the time.  When we were filming “My Daughter the Flower”, senior Jo Min Soo had a huge impact on me.  At the time, he gave me the following advice: “The lead character does not set the overall mood/atmosphere.” (Celes80: I need to double check this part, but what I think what it means is, it’s not just the lead’s responsibility, but everyone on the set.)  I wanted to become a bridge between the staff and the cast.  I thought that that was one of the additional roles one had to take on as the lead.  Once shooting began, I tried my hardest to do so.  I went up to the staff and cast one by one and greeted them with “Thank you for working with me on this project.  Please look after me.”  If the leads themselves do not have the right attitude/energy, the people around them won’t have it either right?  So it was really an effort to continuously have to try my best."

“I do not recommend getting back together after a breakup”

In the drama, love blossomed again for OCM and OJH after they met each other again for the 2nd time.  On getting back together after a break up, CJH had experienced this previously.  At the beginning, they were really serious about getting back together and continuing on with their relationship, but they failed to change the outcome eventually.  What happened in the drama and to him in real life was completely different.

CJH-EC4_zps1027b09e.jpg 

“When you break up, you will think about getting back together.  But, the reality is that problems which cropped up the first time will eventually appear again.  Memories that you thought you’d already forgotten about, including the bad ones, you will suddenly remember them.  It can’t be helped.  I know of friends who repeatedly break up with their partners only to get back again soon after, as if it was a regular affair.  However, they all end up breaking up for real at the end.  Once the trust is broken, it will only continue to get worse.  I even tried to consider it from the audience’s perspective.  It is impossible for OJH to get back together with OCM.  How is it possible that they can forget all the hurtful memories?  I thought that it would have been correct on many levels for her to have chosen Chief Gook instead (Chief Gook and OCM were in a love triangle with OJH). HAHAHA”

The way that CJH shows his affections to the person he loves is similar to OCM.  Open and abrupt, with many surprises.  He has yet to meet the love of his life, but he is full of passion.

”I’m not joking, but it’s been a really long time since I’ve fallen in love.  It wasn’t like I was avoiding it on purpose, but rather that there were no opportunities.  Actually, my personality is such that I become a little crazy once I fall in love, so I’m worried about that too.  If I were to fall in love… well, hmmm… Let’s take the opportunity to let your readers know about my ideal type, shall we?!... (Celes80: Hahahaha)  I like girls who are cute and innocent. But their affection should only be shown to me, and no one else.  I don’t like girls who are too skinny. So, are there any good people out there? HAHAHA”

CJH-EC5_zps2ada75e0.jpg

In his thirties, getting over his slump… a time for him to rest and heal

The period where he remained relatively unknown was a very long one.  During that time, he was in a slump and it was a very dark period for him.  There were times when he really felt like giving up as an actor and he drank a lot.  There was no special way to overcome all the difficulties he was facing, except to endure and to endure some more.  Because of his strong willpower to endure and stick it out right to the end, the result of being lost and wandering about for so long was to eventually grow up.  And that’s when “healing” took place.

”My acting skills then were the biggest problem.  Even when I think about it myself, I could feel that my acting was below par. I got very frustrated thinking: “Should I continue on with this job?” The director who worked with me when I first debuted had said to me: “I want to knock you out! (Beat him up for his horrible acting)” There were a lot of terrible things said about me.  Around the time when I was 26-27 years old, I really could not enjoy acting.  I think there were much worse things said at the time which I hated, so I gritted my teeth and put in even more effort.  I think it is much better now compared to that time. HAHAHA”

CJH has passed the final tests to enlist in the Seoul Police Public Relations Team.  He will be enlisting within the year.  “Since I was young, I have not been afraid of joining of army, although I do feel that it is a shame that I would not be able to work for 2 years.  But I will return overflowing with passion and enthusiasm, so look out for it!”

Guest sunshine4ever

@celes80, wow, it was one big thriller that @booha had always been translating for us during Emergency Couple days. I feel so spoiled. Thank you so much for translating for us, too!!! Love you both for your dedication to Jin Hyuk through your translations and your sharing of who he really is to us. ^^

I got this clip from YT and I know it's old..it was posted at EC thread before, but at that time I didn't have time so I just didn't watch it, but I watched it again today and would like to share it again.

Showbiz Korea - ACTOR CHOI JIN-HYUK, WHO CAPTIVATES THE LADIES

credits to arirang kpop

Ahhh, he's saying that he's in touch with Lee Min Ho. So glad these two are friends. I like Lee Min Ho, too, but for some reasons I'm not crazy about him. lol. I watched Heirs because of him, so I obviously didn't care much about Choi Jin Hyuk! And @mdolphins @lhjj @Yeekrfan2 were talking about how JH didn't even have that much screen time makes me wonder if I even want to rewatch Heirs again. *sighs* I skimmed through a bunch for Heirs and finally decided to just drop it because I just felt like it wasn't for me. lol.

He said he doesn't want to be an actor again in another life time. Aigo. I hope he will find more peace and ease with his career now that he's known by many. I hope he won't give up this career of his and pray that he will maintain balance with it. It seemed to me that he went through a lot of stuffs with finding a good agency to help him find steady jobs/roles. Now that he's in a new agency which is Red Brick House he had become known. Anyway, I think it was through his ability to act and choices in the roles. I was skimming through My Daughter, the Flower and I think his character was a lot different from Chang Min. I'm so not going to be bored of his acting because he's quite different in different roles. I can't wait to explore Kim Won in the future now that I just saw a video of Heirs from JH's Taiwanese fans club..look so bittersweet...GOSH...can you ladies imagine the agony we will be doing in the future drama "Fated to Love You." Will you be able to endure seeing him looking LOVE SICK? I mean he did that in EC and I didn't want him to lose JH. lol. Anyway, no more complaints from me. I just want to wish him well in his upcoming drama and I can't wait to see his new character~~~~ ^^ JH fighting!!! I'm sure if I'm gonna have a heartbreak later watching it if he's gonna try to get the lady, but she doesn't love him and all..but I'll have you ladies to lean on. :)

Since missing OCM and OJH so badly and plus the fact that he will be doing his enlistment soon (er no one knows when though), the feeling that time is running out has never been so great :(  Thus I have resorted to lurking to CJH's tread for more news on him :)  and boy, am I so glad that there are so many articles on him!!!

@celes80 - thanks for doing the translation, for quenching our thirst for more knowledge on CJH!  Please keep it up and do continue to post on the EC thread too :) 

@welovesk - you're welcome.  Hope you enjoyed reading abt CJH as much as I did.  I don't think I can keep up the speed at which I'm churning out articles though.  Translation really takes up a lot of time.  Especially since I am quite picky about getting the meaning and nuancing right, doing one article takes me like forever. Haha. Plus, I only pick up articles which interest me.  Hope you drop by more often for more news on CJH :)

Glad to know that this thread seems to have gotten more visitors lately. 

@yeekrfan2 - I love your gifs. They made me smile.  I'd love to see more of them.

@booha - Hahaha. Hurray for GWR's full marks for sex appeal (slurp).  Yah, I really love CJH in GFB.  Everything about him in GFB was great - the acting, the costumes, the way they styled his har, the image they created for him.  It's also why the first piece I decided to translate was that super long interview CJH gave for GFB.  I wanted to let people know more about CJH, and the massive amount of effort that he had put in to create the character GWR that we all seem to love so much.  I had a lot of respect for him after reading the article.  Actually, I found another super long interview he gave on his role as GWR - it has a  different perspective from the one I translated earlier. Our hyuk-hyuk is very good at doing that isn't he?  He can really just keep talking about the same topic, but keep saying different things each time.  I'll queue that piece into the many other articles/videos I want to get to first.  One at a time, and slow and steady so I can hopefully keep this up for the long-term.

@sunshine4ever Thanks for re-posting the video link.  I really loved that video and had watched it at least twice.  Actually, I was hoping that he'd choose a movie, instead of a drama as his next project.  Cos movies tend to air much later after its filmed... After he enters the army, it would seem like he wasn't gone that long, cos the movie would be airing even though he may have already enlisted.  But I respect whatever decision he makes.  Drama or movie, as long as its him.  I'd watch it. P.S.  I still owe you the letter for CJH.  Will try to write you a short one.  Like Booha said in her posts above, actually I don't really know what to write or where to start.... *sheepish look*

Guest Joon J. Lee

Hi @Joo J. Lee!!! Thank you soooooooooooo much. Oh my gosh. lol. I didn't even get a chance to private message you and you delurked to offer this. Okay. Gonna try to compose something for him and send it to you. I have other people's messages as well and I think I'm gonna send along with mine. I hope you don't mind or is it okay with you if we all compose everything by May 5th? I asked @Yeekrfan2 to help with graphics and hopefully we can put this URL in the letter to be sent to him so that he knows that there is a thread for him at Soompi. ^^ Thanks so much. <3

May 5th would be fine. I don't think Jin Hyuk would be expecting anything like this. This would be a quite a pleasant surprise for Jin Huyk, no doubt.

Hi everybody!!  I'm still reading all your translations, you're awesome! thanks! Probably you are going to kill me but I'm happy CJH will act with Jang Hyuk, because I love them, it's like a dream for me!! I hope they make me forget Yoon Shi Yoon... these two years :'( I also would like to see CJH as main lead, he was so great in EC, loved him even when I'm not a fan of medical dramas, I liked!!!! he made my heart beat faster, seriously!  Anyway, I trust he'll gain a lot of experience in this new project, Jang Hyuk is a great actor in my opinion.
I saw this today, has it been posted? (oh I'm still so behind reading)I think he's a candidate for a Baeksang Award as "Amateur Men Acting Award" (??? that's what google says :P)http://isplus.live.joins.com/100sang/Candidate/c_sub1.aspx?tp=1&nr=50&pidx=1713

@rachel  Thank you   That's so great!!   You are right. He got nominated for the Baeksang Award in a new rising male actor catagory for GFB.     btw   I like Jang Hyuk too.   So I should feel glad to hear that you are glad to see two hyuks in the same drama.  It means that we might see each other in that thread.     However nice to see YSY  

Guest puppyiz

There's a korean article on Choi Jin Hyuk ssi, not sure if it is the same interview ???
Link : http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1398665601690007002

Can anyone please help ?