Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Jwide Company posted behind the scene picture with Kim So yeon.

750f96a77cb07289b978a183498f3a15f0c18d53

79d53ebde4299c7dcd831561861f930513c48c64

3f1c9b55e52ca53e9fd5be49ae57252f3499c6ec

Spoiler

50cf54cbf4c4ec6f369cbb2cf674eaf7b42daaf0

https://www.instagram.com/jwidecompany/p/DBXftcOPXPj/

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1099776818172861&set=pcb.1099776964839513

We all Know that So yeon can`t dance but she is cute trying.,..

https://www.facebook.com/kimsoyeon.ssofanpage/videos/1992424537895125

14 hours ago, larus said:

and Kim So-yeon of 'Quiet Sales' took fifth place (3.83%).

great to see So Yeon and the series are picking up. 

15 hours ago, larus said:

The most outstanding charm point is Kim So-yeon's serious comic acting.

What i like is that she does not try to be funny, e.g., acting in an exaggeration manner like most korean actors when it comes to comedy. That way, she can bring forth a customized performance for the character without repeating herself in other future comic roles. Watch, for example, her acting at the first sale event (when the toy jumps around), or when she hides stuff in the presence of her mother in the courtyard, or during the first encounter with and the customer survey with Yeon Woo Jin. They are all tailored to the personality of the character and the scene in question, being funny the way it is, without trying.

What i do not like is that she has the habit of casting her eyes down in scenes where she need to portray embarrassment, shamefulness, inferiority or desperation. If sparely used, that is fine, but she tends to overuse. This is seen across her filmography, not only in this series. Hope she realizes it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NNam said:

They are all tailored to the personality of the character and the scene in question, being funny the way it is, without trying.

This role is close to her true personality. Even Kim Sung Ryung said that while reading the script she realised that So Yeon is perfect for the role.

4 hours ago, NNam said:

Virtuous Business secured no. 5 in Netflix Global Rankings for Non-English Films Week Oct 14 (source Netflix)

I hope it continues to interest people.

I hope they have more airtime together moving forward. I enjoy their chemistry  to the extent that they are my top 3 couples (where So Yeon is part of). The others are with Hong Jong Hyun (an underrated actor) in Mother of Mine (but the plot is meh), and Park Shi Hoo (Prosecutor Princess)

• Like 1

A Virtuous Business: Episodes 3-4

by quirkycase

Our intrepid businesswomen continue their uphill battle to convert their ajumma neighbors into customers. Despite their best efforts to stay upbeat, the constant rejection and judgment from everyone around them isn’t easy to bear. But our ladies are the defiant type, so the more resistance they face, the more ready they are to put up a fight. Getting a taste of how lucrative the business can be doesn’t hurt their motivation either.

EPISODES 3-4

These judgy neighborhood ajummas can really wear a person down. Jung-sook can’t catch a break – not only is everyone hating on her for her choice in business, but rumors of her husband leaving her are swirling around. Of course, everyone blames her for that, too.

At the very least, you’d think her mother would be on her side. Instead, her mom barely shows an ounce of sympathy after hearing Sung-soo cheated on her daughter and goes as far as to tell Jung-sook she won’t look after Min-ho, her own grandchild, if Jung-sook continues to sell “vulgar” products. Jung-sook can handle the rejection from her neighbors, but hearing that from her own mother is devastating.

Only the more worldly Do-hyun seems genuinely on Jung-sook’s side and doesn’t pass judgment. He readily offers to investigate the vandalism of her home and even helps her clean up the graffiti so her son won’t see it. When Do-hyun catches the culprit, a local shop owner Jung-sook knows, she agrees not to press charges but only if the man apologizes. She may be kind and timid, but Jung-sook is no pushover.

If you think the neighbors will now target the vandal with their judgment, think again. Nope, this too is all Jung-sook’s fault. Her vulgar choices pushed a nice man toward crime because God forbid the man be responsible for his own actions.

As if Jung-sook doesn’t have enough to deal with, she ends up reluctantly doing a home party for her cheating friend MI-HWA as a birthday surprise at the behest of her friend’s clueless, sweet husband IN-TAE. It’s just as awkward as it sounds, but at least Jung-sook gets to make money off Mi-hwa’s extreme discomfort and guilt.

To top it off, during the party, Min-ho goes missing while In-tae is watching him. Jung-sook spends the night frantically searching for him with Mi-hwa, In-tae, and Do-hyun. Her mom also joins the search, and once again, berates Jung-sook rather than comforts her. She even slaps Jung-sook hard enough to cut her cheek when Jung-sook accuses her mom of not being there for her.

Luckily, they find little Min-ho unharmed outside his dad’s old workplace. He shivers as he waits for the factory to open so he can ask the boss to rehire his dad, which he thinks will bring his dad home. (Min-ho thinks his dad left because he needed to find work in another town.) Jung-sook is heartbroken but, as always, smiles and does her best to help her son adjust.

In these episodes, there’s a clear theme of the sacrifices mothers make in silence while putting up a strong front for their kids. We see it most explicitly with both Jung-sook and her mother who also left her horrible cheating husband and raised her kids alone. Although it’s clear the mother’s misdirected anger at Jung-sook comes from a place of fear and not wanting her daughter to share her fate, her reaction to Jung-sook’s situation has been terrible. Fear is no excuse to treat your child like crap and fail to support her. While she doesn’t directly apologize to Jung-sook, they do have a heart-to-heart that softens her mother. Maybe now she’ll look after Min-ho again and stop judging Jung-sook for doing all she can to provide for her child.

A quick aside while we’re talking about kids: Ju-ri’s son Dong-woo kills me. He listens to tea ceremony radio programs to feel classy as he drinks his hot chocolate, regularly spouts wisdom he’s gained from reading the salon’s ladies’ magazines, and looks adorably serious with his glasses and suspenders. I love this child. He and Min-ho are classmates and become friends, and Dong-woo is like the long-suffering mentor to Min-ho despite being the same age.

Little Dong-woo sees his mom stressing about money and sagely suggests she needs a side hustle. Realizing he’s not wrong, Ju-ri officially joins the ranks of Fantasy Lingerie saleswomen. With a few successful parties, Young-bok and Jung-sook bring in more money than they ever expected to make. Not only can they pay their rent, but they have extra to spend on their kids. They’re just as happy as if they’d won the lottery.

The brains of their operation (Jung-sook) comes up with the idea of a survey as a means of gathering data on their potential customers to refine their sales. That goes about as well as you’d expect. The only person she manages to convince to respond is Do-hyun who can’t resist her sad puppy eyes. He’s not exactly their demographic, but he gamely answers questions about his familiarity with adult products and his… desires. He’s embarrassed but also highly amused as she plows through the questions without hesitation.

Jung-sook proves her mettle and, rather than giving up despite the odds stacked against her, is more determined than ever to succeed. For round two, the women set up a booth with free gifts for survey respondents. Everyone still hesitates, so Jung-sook addresses the issue head on. Why should she be ashamed of working to put food on the table? All she’s trying to do is survive like everyone else.

A few of the women are sufficiently shamed and cave. Before you know it, that opens the door for other women to come over and do the survey. Even a couple men join in for the freebies. It’s a smashing success.

more https://dramabeans.com/2024/10/a-virtuous-business-episodes-3-4/

4 minutes ago, NNam said:

I hope they have more airtime together moving forward. I enjoy their chemistry  to the extent that they are my top 3 couples (where So Yeon is part of). The others are with Hong Jong Hyun (an underrated actor) in Mother of Mine (but the plot is meh), and Park Shi Hoo (Prosecutor Princess)

I don`t have a top of my favorite couple of So yeon`s drama. I liked them all. 😀

Kim So-yeon' Lee Sang-woo, living in the same neighborhood as both sets of parents... riding a motorcycle to the opposite side ('Convenience Store Restaurant')

BF.38414901.1.jpg

Lee Sang-woo delivers lunch boxes to his parents. On the KBS 2TV show 'Convenience Store Restaurant' (hereafter referred to as 'Convenience Store Restaurant') that will air on the 25th, Lee Sang-woo's daily life of cooking full of sincerity and love will be revealed. Lee Sang-woo makes food that not only his beloved wife Kim So-yeon but also his parents, father-in-law, and mother-in-law can enjoy. In the process, Lee Sang-woo's sincerity-crazy side is once again captured, and it seems that he will bring big laughter to the living room on Friday evening.

Lee Sang-woo rode a motorcycle and headed somewhere. Lee Sang-woo said, "I often deliver food by motorcycle," and arrived somewhere with the look of a deliveryman. The place where Lee Sang-woo rang the doorbell was Lee Sang-woo's home. Lee Sang-woo delivered the food he cooked himself to his parents who greeted him warmly, saying, "I made food." After delivering the food, Lee Sang-woo diligently boarded the elevator again. The place Lee Sang-woo went to was the same apartment, on a different floor of the same building. This time, attention was focused on whose house the delivery was going to, and it was Lee Sang-woo's wife Kim So-yeon's parents who opened the door and appeared. The fact that both sets of parents lived in the same apartment and building was surprising.

Lee Sang-woo revealed that they lived as 'three families under one roof', saying, "My wife and I used to live in the same apartment building." Lee Sang-woo continued, "My wife and I moved nearby, so now both sets of parents live in the same apartment building. I heard that they often meet and say hello."

Lee Sang-woo also delivered lunch boxes to his father-in-law and mother-in-law. Sang-woo's father-in-law was touched by his son-in-law's sincerity and gave him a thumbs up, praising him, saying, "My son-in-law is the best!"
Lee Sang-woo, who returned home, received a call from his wife Kim So-yeon. In the meantime, Kim So-yeon, who had been talking to both sets of parents, relayed their reactions. Afterwards, the messages the parents sent to Lee Sang-woo along with food certification photos were heartwarming. You could feel the loving family atmosphere.

Lee Sang-woo's episode can be seen on 'Convenience Store Restaurant' airing at 8:30 PM on the 25th.

WOW, it is so cool that both their parents live in the same building and often meet. And they all used to live in the same building but So Yeon and Sang Woo recently moved out.

A metaphor for those who were ahead of the 'quiet sales' era... Seo Taiji and Boys X Kim So-yeon

6d4bfb9f783465465d03a6be5b6766acb52425d5

[Herald Economy = Senior Reporter Seo Byeong-gi] JTBC's weekend drama 'Quiet Sales' is gaining attention worldwide as it ranked 5th in Netflix's Global TOP10 TV (non-English speaking) list. In the last 4th episode, it once again drew attention by touching viewers' hearts with the metaphor of people ahead of their time, 'Seo Taiji and Boys' and 'Kim So-yeon and Bang Pan Sisters'.

'Quiet Sales' (directed by Jo Woong, written by Choi Bo-rim) is receiving hot attention from around the world. From the first week of broadcast, it achieved 1.6 million viewers (cumulative viewing time divided by the title's running time) and 6.1 million viewing hours in the Netflix Global TOP10 TV (non-English speaking) category, settling in at 5th place. It also made it to the TOP10 in a total of 7 countries, including Hong Kong, Indonesia, and Singapore, proving its popularity. (Netflix, October 14-20)

At the center of that popularity are the ‘Bangpan Sisters’ Han Jeong-suk (Kim So-yeon), Oh Geum-hee (Kim Sung-ryung), Seo Yeong-bok (Kim Sun-young), and Lee Ju-ri (Lee Se-hee), who challenge the taboos of the times and break down the thick walls of prejudice. Looking back now, in the 90s, which were like the Joseon Dynasty, the ‘Bangpan Sisters’ who sold taboo adult products completely overturned the taboos of the rural village. Although they went into Bangpan simply to make money like everyone else or to escape the disorganized daily life where they had no ‘self’, they were reported as a prostitution business due to the prejudice that it was “dirty and disgusting” and suffered the humiliation of having their house’s wall covered with sexual graffiti.

Nevertheless, the villagers did not blame Jeong-suk for the crime, but rather blamed her for “selling embarrassing things, which is why this is happening.” When the culprit who had done the graffiti was revealed to be the hardware store husband (Son Kyung-won), the general reaction was, “How frustrated and angry must he have been when he did something like that?” This was the reason why the ‘Bangpan Sisters’, who had ambitiously gone out to collect a survey to understand the needs of customers, were rejected by the townspeople and had a hard time. However, they did not give up. Jeong-suk said, “The owner is the one who gives the shot. I will show that it is not over yet,” and instead, she was fired up, held a survey giveaway event with the ‘Bangpan Sisters’ and raised the ‘shot’ again. People’s eyes were unanimously negative toward these people who kept causing trouble in the town, but Jeong-suk also did not back down, saying, “I have never harmed anyone or damaged anyone’s house, so I really don’t know what kind of mindset I should change.” In this way, they made it clear to the townspeople that they had no intention of closing down the business, and the ‘Bangpan Sisters’ successfully completed the survey.

c086a56b4c86cc1b4003194cd180b391d8250d2e

In 1992, when they were living, there was another person who was criticized by people for being ahead of their time. They were the cultural presidents, Seo Taiji and Boys, who made a big mark on the Korean music industry with their sensational appearance. At the time, their songs were far ahead of their time, and Jung-sook felt sorry for Seo Taiji and Boys on TV, whose faces were frozen when they received less favorable reviews than expected. They must have put in effort, but it was heartbreaking to think that they were hurt, and that image reminded her of herself, who had to endure the negative social gaze just because she was selling adult products. That’s why she expressed her hope, saying, “Since you’ve decided to do it, I hope you don’t give up and succeed.”

Watching this, Kim Do-hyun (Yeon Woo-jin) comforted Jung-sook by comparing her to Seo Taiji and Boys. Kim Do-hyun said, "People feel resistance to things they are not familiar with. But I think it will work out well. People who stand firm even when they are hurt and about to collapse tend to do well, and that's how I feel. Since you are strong, you will definitely succeed, so trust yourself a little more," encouraging her. It was a scene that touched not only Jeong-suk's heart but also the hearts of viewers. At the production presentation held before the first broadcast, Director Jo Woong said, "I wanted to break through the way people viewed these women, similar to the reaction people showed when Seo Taiji first debuted. Some people will feel a sense of liberation, and others will find a different kind of happiness," and emphasized the metaphor of 'Seo Taiji and Boys', which was right here. Will 'Bangpan Sisters', who stood up against the prejudices of the times, be able to break down the thick barrier and move forward, succeeding like 'Seo Taiji and Boys', who left a great mark on the times?

https://mbiz.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=20241024050657