Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

A short video of the VIP movie premiere that Soyeon has attended.

On 27 June, the JTBC will air a new episode of a reality show with the same nonsummit guys, Where Is My Friend's House. They visit the home countries of the Non-Summit non-Korean members and now they were in Italy at Alberto grandmother's house. It seams that some of them started a game. Boys! :) 

Daniel, the German member, send a video letter to his ideal actress. He hesitated a moment (he seemed so shy), then cleared his mind and called the name of the actress Kim So Yeon. :P I hope I understand correctly with Google translate.   That is so sweet. Don`t worry, Daniel. We understand. We like So Yeon too. :D

#[친구집] 보도자료 스틸(5)

credit  http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/570538

Edited by larus
  • Like 2

Guest ichiicko

@larus thank you for a very "early" information about JTBC reality show .... ah, I am very happy to hear it. Hopefully ... I do not miss it, okay June 27...Noted!!! So excited.:w00t: 

Edited by ichiicko

@larus thank you for a very "early" information about JTBC reality show .... ah, I am very happy to hear it. Hopefully ... I do not miss it, okay June 27...Noted!!! So excited.:w00t: 

It is probably nothing. Just that he mentioned Kim SoYeon. Maybe she is his one of his favorite actresses, or likes her as a person/woman, I don`t know.  I have a feeling the "video letter" (that I get from the Google translate) is just a very very short video (few seconds video). :w00t: Don`t expect much. We`ll find out about it later what was really about.

Edited by larus
  • Like 1

Interview with InStyle Korea 2015 July Issue

Kim So Yeon’s Pureness and Sensitivity  “Falling for Innocence”

11224689_1126357610714300_22584286614216 

Having lived as “Soon Jung” for the past two months in drama “Falling for Innocence”, actress Kim So Yeon has returned to a normal woman Kim So Yeon as herself.  She exuded fragrance stronger than the summer roses and presented her beautiful style by wearing a delicate see-through dress.

Gosh! I was told Kim So Yeon arrived at the shooting location two hours earlier. When I was panicking on the phone, I heard her voice telling me not to worry as she was enjoying the sunshine and iced coffee.   When seeing her sitting at the café terrace greeting staffs with bright smile exposing her pure white teeth, the first thought flashed through my mind was that it has been unfair to her for quite a long time.  It is already twenty-one years since her debut.   Having played adult characters due to her mature look from school days, her cold and tough image of a “female warrior” impressed me the most.  However, she is actually a bit different.   Admiring butterflies in the flower garden and like a habit to keep saying “Thank You” and “Sorry”, what a female warrior she is!  When spending all day with her in the green garden blossomed with roses, I have a feeling Kim So Yeon is like a young girl who possesses pureness and nice sensitivity.

Q:  “Soon Jung” syndrome, drama “Falling for innocence” had finished its broadcast recently, is it really a project which you totally enjoyed to play?

I tend to like characters which are more realistic as in normal life.  I think this time the project had quenched my longtime thirst for an ordinary character.  After finishing my previous project “I need romance 3”, my heart hurt and I felt lonely like I had separated with someone.  But this time, I feel like I am healed by playing this drama, my heart feels warm like meeting with a good friend.  It is wonderful.  Actually, a very lonely situation (laugh).

Q:  After appearing in the self-discovery variety show “Real Men”, you have become very bright.  I guess you couldn’t easily open your heart before.

When thinking about I have to be perfect for everything, it is not easy to lower myself.  Because I understood it was hard to appear in a broadcast without make-up (laugh).  After that program, I discovered the real me whom I didn’t even know myself.  If I had discovered it earlier, how much fun would I have?

Q: Were you once dissatisfied with your look when seeing yourself in the mirror?

I looked mature when I was a child.  Because of strong impression, it had restricted me playing certain roles so I was upset, but not anymore.  I also feel impression will become smoother but I think it is all about maintaining my composure.   I don’t have any special method for skin care but when I see the introduction of skin care products from home shopping on TV, unknowingly I will stick to that channel.

Q: You had thoughts about marriage when you did photo shooting for a wedding pictorial at a small church in Guam a few years ago.

That scene at that time had remained in my mind for a long time.  One day when I get married, I will only invite people who are close to me attending my simple wedding in a beautiful place like that time.  However I can’t marry on my own.  I have many thoughts but I don’t know exactly.  I wonder if I can get married (laugh).

I spent 8 nights and 9 days travelling in New York.  Because this was my first time going to America, I was very excited.  I was given lots of travel information.  But to be honest, I didn’t plan what to do in New York.  My travel style is originally like that, just sleep as much as I like, get up and eat the specialty cuisine, without any plan. 

Walk and then rest at a place where I like.  If I can enjoy such a free time in Seoul but I don’t have ambitious plan.  I want to bike ride along the tree-lined avenue in a lively city and then go to a favourite coffee shop where I have a drink and sit there all day.  Originally, I am the type of person who feels happiness for doing trivial things.  I love ordinary daily life.

Source   InStyle Korea 2015 July Issue

Translated by manyearsago @ soompi

Translator’s note:  Korean is not my native language, I just translated above article according to my understanding so there could be mistakes in my translation.

credit to @larus, I borrowed the pic you posted above.  Thank you!!   Kim So Yeon is my favorite actress, I am glad to read her interviews.

• Like 4

@manyearsago: THANK YOU for the translated interview. I think your translation is very good. It is exactly what I understood while translated with Google but it is so much better to read the entire interview without forcing myself to fill the gaps.

From the interview...

It is a pattern of her to arrive earlier. She does the same when she is filming. This time I understand her completely. It was such a beautiful garden. Hope she will find a good man to have her dreaming wedding. But what`s important I am glad that she finds happiness from all small things in life.

• Like 1

Guest ichiicko

JTBC reality show "Where Is My Friend's Home" aired on June 27

11667265_1132021186814609_45489289402922

Edited by ichiicko

All About Eve episode 18 aired 15 years ago today.

Tragically, Kim Woo-Jin (Han Jae-Suk), in saving the woman he loves, Huh Young-Mi (KSY), is hit by a truck at the end of the episode.

He dies in the ER in Ep19 as Young-Mi, who spurned his affections to pursue her career and another man, watches on:

a282.jpg

All-About-AAE / AAEclub

• Like 3

All About Eve episode 18 aired 15 years ago today.

Tragically, Kim Woo-Jin (Han Jae-Suk), in saving the woman he loves, Huh Young-Mi (KSY), is hit by a truck at the end of the episode.

He dies in the ER in Ep19 as Young-Mi, who spurned his affections to pursue her career and another man, watches on:

Thanks for the information. I did not see the whole drama. Just Kim So Yeon`s scenes (what I found on You Tube anyway) but I remember that scene. For the first time she crumbles in despair because she indeed loved that man but she has deliberately rejected him (broke his heart) because of her ambitions. Young Mi is a villainess that always be remembered.  :)

I can`t believe that she was 20 years old in that drama. She did not change much. Still very beautiful.

Edited by larus
  • Like 1

She updated her Instagram (that`s a big event! :w00t:) with a selfie.

11709217_1134280803255314_20129505022191

It is not the first time she wears a mask. It related with MERS in Korea?

From somebody else `s Instagram, a picture from her visit to the Mural Village in Seoul.

11054525_1132605213422873_82424400438152

• Like 1

Kim So Yeon Describes Her Perfect Day Off For InStyle Pictorial

By Elsa B. | July 03, 2015 08:57 AM EDT

Korean Actress Kim So Yeon InStyle Magazine July 2015 Photoshoot Fashion

Actress Kim So Yeon looked ethereal in lace designer looks for the July issue of InStyle. The beauty modeled articles by Ralph Lauren, Christian Dior and Jimmy Choo, to name a few brands, while posing in a beautiful garden filled with flowers and wicker furniture.

Among Kim's beautiful designer pieces there was an Ermanno Scervino embroidered long-sleeve top. The beige blend piece has a symmetrical print that connects through the front and back and can be yours here. It can be seen below in greater detail.

korean-actress-kim-so-yeon-instyle-magaz

Read more  Kpopstarz

Edited by larus

Thanks to Bity and her KSY`s fanpage I found out today that Kim So Yeon might be in another drama this year. On the night of July 6, Sso chatted with fans at her Daum Cafe and she said to them that she is looking at a new project and it could be in a  new drama this year.

Happy dance! super happy dance emoticon I know it could not be a done deal but I am pretty excited right now about this possibility.

I calm down a little. :w00t:

Don`t tell me she received the offer from writer So Hyun-kyung for her new tvN campus romance drama. When I heard that Go Hyun Jung has rejected the offer that thought has crossed my mind for a second. I was interested in the drama and I wanted to see Go Hyun Jung on the screen but now... I don`t think I want So Yeon in another noona romance so soon. But maybe it is not a noona romance. I will banish this thought from my mind... but I will keep an eye on this drama.

I still want So Yeon in a procedural drama but there are so many thriller/mystery dramas right now, maybe next year. I was thinking about the drama Cold Case for her ever since I heard about the project. They have a director and a writer but not a network and a releasing date. 

I want a good drama for So Yeon and I am really curious what character she will play next and who will be her costar. Fingers crossed that she will indeed be in another drama soon.

dancing happy star emoticon

Edited by larus

Guest ichiicko

@larus

I am also very curious about who will be the next her co-star .......

mmm.....Let's imagine if he is Hyun Bin... or Lee Seung Gi.... or Jung Young Hwa..... or  TOP..... or Park Si Hoo again?

ah whatever ...I just want to see So Yeon...soon....:wub: 

@larus

I am also very curious about who will be the next her co-star .......

mmm.....Let's imagine if he is Hyun Bin... or Lee Seung Gi.... or Jung Young Hwa..... or  TOP..... or Park Si Hoo again?

ah whatever ...I just want to see So Yeon...soon....:wub: 

I have preferences too (none of the above actors are on the list :phew:) but  I want to see her in a new drama so doesn`t matter much who will be her costar if the casting will choose well.

I remember that we talked some time ago (before INR3 project) about Bae So Bin and So Yeon. They received the same fashion award and we thought they could be great together. Both are talented but not popular and I want to see them in the drama someday. I like how every time I am surprised about the choices and ...it works. I wait to be pleasantly surprised again. :)   

I like how our imagination goes wild even before we have a sure thing. The last half of the year will be tolerable now knowing that So Yeon could be active in kdramaland. Hope we did not get excited for nothing. :)

Edited by larus

So Yeon updated two photos on her Instagram. She was shooting for All for You again. Times flies quickly. This time for fall/autumn- winter collection.

1891074_1138366346180093_821436547797285

11168459_1138366672846727_51024003152532

I`m waiting for WKorea pictorial, All for You photos and news about her new role. I like when she is busy. :P

Edited by larus
  • Like 1

Kim So Yeon, adorable in this short video (it`s like a video-letter for her fans). I don`t know if it is a recent one (she is wearing a sweater)  but someone uploaded on Instagram some days ago.

http://www.smilieicons.com/smiley/icons/love-emoticon.gif

Edited by larus
  • Like 1

@larus  ... I heard nice voice as backsounds....    I thought  that was So Yeon's....:wub:

It is her voice. She participated with other colleagues from her agency, Namoo, at a charity project album called Love Tree Project (Namoo= tree). It was at the end of 2009. They recorded an album and the proceeds were donated for poor children suffering from incurable diseases. She sang a song named "Even This Small Thing" and she said that her singing wasn`t the best but she sang with sincerity. I think she did well, she has a nice voice. She is not a singer and I appreciated her effort to sing. They chose a good song for her.

kimsoyeon15.jpg

Here is the song.

I see at 4:57 a picture with the same sweater as the video letter posted above. So it is an old video as I suspected but I enjoyed it anyway. :)

Edited by larus