Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

^ Love our Soyeon looking so chic yet prefect as the no-nonsense prosecutor.. serious yet sexy!
July 24, 2013
“Two Weeks” star Kim So Yeon is lovely in pink for “Elle”
asteriskrolled soompi.com

A bright pink tulle dress combined with her short black hair brought out her charming side. She is also seen wearing a pink shade of lipstick with a beige blouse.
The actress has gained much attention from her previous lead role in popular drama, “Prosecutor Princess.” She returns to television in the upcoming MBC drama “Two Weeks,” also starring Lee Jun Ki.
In an interview with Elle, she revealed that her decision was due to her trust in the scriptwriter So Hyun Kyung, who also wrote “Prosecutor Princess.” She believed that the success of her role had a lot to do with how the scriptwriter had molded the character. She expected a similar amount of chemistry with this new drama.
You can catch the full interview in the August issue of “Elle.” “Two Weeks” will also begin airing in MBC in August.
PS13072300303.jpg
PS13072300304.jpg

Guest bityxu

[Translation] "Two Weeks" Park Jae Kyung description

park.jpg

Park Jae Kyung (27 years old)

Prosecutor of The South, District 1 Criminal Police Department.

Graduated law school, at the same time, got a pass in judicature examination. At present, assumes office as a prosecutor.

Inside the police department, she is an “idiot” who can’t be in charge of complicated cases. If there’s complicated case, just a small useless clue she also researches and…researches again. Therefore, they just arrange for her simple cases. 

Even she’s teased by investigator Min Soo…even she’s rebuked by minister Han…she always puts on an act, no matter what true or false. Accepts all, opens one eye and shuts one eyes…therefore; someone calls her “frivolous/ flighty person”.

Hairstyle, clothing, utterance, harum-scarum habit and characteristic….totally different normal women.

In some circumstances, she’s also cunning/shifty without knowing to stop before going too far.

In short, there’s no way to know what's going on in her mind, a character that people very hard to grasp.

However, inside her heart….she’s very indignant with Moon In Suk (Jo Min Ki) and Jo Seo Hee (Kim Hye Ok).

At the high school years, she witnessed her father was stabbed by Moon In Suk. She went to seek Jo Seo Hee, the previous member of parliament, also a lawyer who used to be her pattern, to ask her help. This time, she witnessed Jo Seo Hee colluded with Moon In Suk. So, she was attacked and nearly got aphasia. It’s not enough yet, Moon In Suk let Jang Tae San (Lee Jun Ki) take the assault charge instead of him. Moon In Suk and Jo Seo Hee got ready to become the entrepreneurs as well, the people who have government ability. Therefore, her father was provoked, cannot rise from his sickbed, finally, he passed away.

Felt unjust, indignant….It became the reason for her to continue living.

She made up her mind to catch them, bring their repulsive deed to make public.

She used to dream to become a great lawyer as Jo Seo Hee…but in order to catch two of them, she applied to be a prosecutor. 

From the beginning, she resolutely investigated the rear of Moon In Suk and Jo Seo Hee. However, there’re no precise evidences. The one who was always together with her, Oh Mi Suk said she wanted to become a secret agent. Although knowing it’s very dangerous, Jae Kyung still supported Mi Suk.

However….Mi Suk was cruelly killed.

A guy who always works according Moon In Suk’s instruct as a hunting dog, Jang Tae San.…This bastard again!

This bastard held the camera has collusive proofs of Moon In Suk and Jo Seo Hee ran away.

Must arrest Jang Tae San, retrieve the camera…that’s only way to catch Moon In Seok and Jo Seo Hee. So, she made all her effort to chase Tae San, but….

Ctrans: baidu
Etrans: Bity Sso @ Kim So Yeon facebook fanpage

-------
*Note: It may be not totally exact (word for word translation). So, in case they open their English page, the character description can be different from this work.

Thanks, girls! It is always a good day when I read news on this thread. :)

Thanks @bityxu. I was so eager to read Jae-Kyung`s description. I really loved what I read. I love her character so much. It will be a pleasure to see KSY playing her on screen. I`m anticipating her interactions with all these characters Tae-san, Moon Il seok, Joo Seo Hee, Seun-Woo, her boss, her colleagues...what I`am saying, with everybody! I know it is not possible but I am glad that she is a dynamic character. Because of her job she would spend much time on the run too and she will connect with all kind of people. Maybe she will have a scene with Tae-san`s daughter as well. I love how the writer constructed all the characters. She made them so real, so human. Now, I am ready to watch and enjoy the show.

I read again the character description for Jae-kyung. On paper, this is the role I love the most of So Yeon. I can`t wait to see her in action on screen. In a way, Jae-kyung reminds me of Ma Hye-ri. She has the same profession; in the prosecutor office she is the outcast, they look down on her; her boss is scolding her often (how I miss Ma Hye-ri`s boss :x ); they seems to call her a ”flighty” person, an air-head?! Just like Hye-ri, she speaks her mind. But, Jae-kyung is somehow very different from the naive princess Hye-ri. As a temperamental person, she is not very easy for some people. I know that she is a person who is not going to open easily but I hope she will show her soft side too, I want for her a healing of her heart. She has to forgive Tae-san as well. I want to see all that. Maybe this drama will give us the whole package of Park Gom character.

Guest bityxu

You said right, larus ;) Many C fans said Park Gom description made them remind Ma Gom, all are ”flighty” characters, but also very different in their thought. I think so too.
Hye Ri was so naive at first, she's naive both her outside and inside, so she felt annoy, felt heart-broken when others in the prosecutor office looked down her, call her "an air-head". So, she wanted to prove that she's not such "air-head", she has ability to become a good prosecutor, not just for her dad, but for her self-respect as well :)
While Park Gom not. She's not naive. She just doesn't care those  things, despite of others's thinking about her, with her all are no problem! She just pretends silly to hide her deeply mind. She doesn't need to prove herself with anyone, her goal is catching Moon In Suk and Jo Seo Hee. If they give her complicated cases, she will do all her best to resolve it. But coz she's too careful, made others think that she wasted time for nothing...so they just give her very simple cases. Ok, that's good! She has more time to investigate herself case, why must object ? :-\" 
And I think Jae Kyung can forgive Tae San, coz he's a father who is framed. Her father used to be treat injustice and passed away. So, she fell commune with Tae San, his situation somehow the same with her father....
In short, don't know how will it be in drama, but I already loved Jae Kyung in description :x 
P/S: a spot of coffee on Jae-Kyung`s shirt, that pic, I think it's not coffee, it's soy sauce :))

@bityxu: Love your input. I agree100% with you. 

Jae-Kyung doesn`t care what others think of her, she has a mission to complete, she wants to solve all the cases with responsibility. She can`t stand injustice, she doesn`t want to make mistakes to cause one. I wish she won`t stand too passive receiving all the bully in the office. I want to see Hye-ri in her and take a stand for herself. Her colleague teases her, fire back. She is hot-tempered (I read somewhere) so, I don`t worry much. Regarding the reproofs of the boss, I like the strategy...agree with him but do what you want. :))

Soy sauce?! it could be. I am not familiar with it. Doesn`t matter, doesn`t change anything. But...These words  ”soy sauce” should be banned from this thread, don`t you agree?  :))

I can`t see the photos for AFY sooting. :(

Guest bityxu

haha, @larus, you made me lol  :))
You still remember "soy sauce" ? The word that we don't want to mention :P But no problem, coz this time that soy sauce spot just made Jae Kyung's colleague tease her, it couldn't make she down at all!B-) Ahh..I really want to see more and more aspects of Jae Kyung gomsa, don't know why...I feel she's a mystery :D
P/S: I already changed links of AFY shooting pics ^^

Thanks @bityxu, I see them now. :x  All For You pictures from the fall collection. I wonder if we are going to see So Yeon next year shooting for the same collection. But, I know she will be choose to be the model for other companies too so no worries, She is very photogenic.  :\">

She was like a mystery for me until I read the description. I understand her very well. But in a way she is a mystery for all her colleagues, people around her. I want to watch her in many scenes. I know that Tae-san is the pivotal character, so for our girl to have many screen time she has to be with him more. So I want them to work in team as much as possible.

Yeah, this time soy sauce is good!  :))

I forgot... Jae-Kyung is still a practitioner of martial arts? These descriptions did not mentioned but It was not necessarily relevant. I am sure she will fight the bad guys and physically. She is prepared this time. After the assault she had to learn self defense.

Guest bityxu

oh yeah, we have new pics of our girl when shooting poster for "Tw Weeks", in the waiting room ;)

ipk95CmlOO9QI.jpg
ibqHuwLWzAfzWA.jpg
iuQizaQWrKeGe.jpg
i0uesbNvEXNuI.jpg
ikvi6S5Z5P1Us.jpg

cr: NAMOOACTORS facebook

P/S: I think Jae Kyung is not a practitioner, but also don't know clearly...coz she's just 27 yrs old...same same as Hye Ri :))

Those picture were for the poster photo shooting? This is the syle of clothing for Jae-Kyung. So Yeon came at the first script reading in similar clothes. :D

I am sure she knows some martial arts because It would not be logical for her character`s temperament either way. If some punks beat her so badly, at her determination, she learned self defense. Plus, we know she has action scenes! ;)  I can`t believe they put the wrong age on the character photo. :)) 27 years old, younger than In Hye. I know they intended to put 32 but this is a trick of fate. How many times I heard that KSY looks mature for her age?! Really?! So what, she looks great. She is beautiful this way. Maybe others look too young for their age. In this world there are many types of people.

Guest bityxu

Right, those from poster photo shooting, when she's in the waiting room ;)

Aishh, we always hear about poster photo shoot, but whenever it will be released ? ~~ While the press conference is coming soon...

iBxBqT1hq9tB8.jpg

July 27, 2013
Kim So Yeon at poster shooting set of 'Two Weeks' STARN News 1374882036_546563.jpgNew photos of Kim So Yeon were revealed.
On July 27th, a number of photos titled 'Poster shooting scene of new MBC drama 'Two Weeks'" were uploaded on the official Facebook of NAMU Actors.
In the photos, Kim So Yeon is showing bright looks in her dressing room at the poster shooting set.
The photos were taken when Kim So Yeon participated in poster shooting of new MBC drama 'Two Weeks', and it is said that all of the staffs were deeply impressed by Kim So Yeon's professionalism.
In the drama, Kim So Yeon is casting as detective Park Jae Kyung, and she will be making a grand return to TV.
On the other hand, drama 'Two Weeks' will premiere on August 7th at 10 PM.
/Reporting by Kim Ji-Yi en@starnnews.com