Playstation 3

Guest TrainDriver

Guest onesh0t

dude, resistance 2 sounds f-ing hot! 8 co-op campaign, and 60 players online. YES, SIXTY PLAYERS ONLINE. HOLY COW!

<insert me flipping out here>

but hmm...havent played CoD4 in a while. =(

and i think im going to pick up UT3. Saw a mod ealier today and it made me want to get that game so much more. =D

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ryisakooguy

^dood you should play. soo we can smash online!

haha sweet imma add you amicus. you will be my first friend online...LOL

i got the same sn for my PSN id. soo chyeah. keep in mind im not hekka good. ive been having more bad games lately :/

ohh man! watch out...here comes the soompi clan. ^^

I'm thinking of getting a ps3 soon, when it lowers the price, what are good games you guys recommend further?

Uncharted

COD4

COD4 online has voice chat right? Free as well?

Like MUST HAVE games for ps3...I can't afford buying just OK games lol

my friend, i highly doubt there will be more price drops anytime soon, they changed harddrive size and dropped prices multiple times all in 3 months. the price drop are done for now. As for games...all the ones i can recommend for you to be able to get now..is uncharted, ratchet looks quite nice if you like those sort of games. But definetely get a PS3 for MGS4, FF13.

Guest IMAJynXed1

my friend, i highly doubt there will be more price drops anytime soon, they changed harddrive size and dropped prices multiple times all in 3 months. the price drop are done for now. As for games...all the ones i can recommend for you to be able to get now..is uncharted, ratchet looks quite nice if you like those sort of games. But definetely get a PS3 for MGS4, FF13.

depends on how well the current prices are selling (and its selling well) but Sony has cut production cost of the PS3 by half, and the fact that bluray seems like its got a stronghold on the HD dvd market...another price drop might come out by the end of this year...

Guest yukumushio

sweeet, then end of year is when I get my ps3!!! lol

Seriously, I really think ps3 is gonna do better...they pretty much were at rock bottom, but things are looking slightly better!

They can't go any lower, they can only go up!!

UGH, ps3 would be my first sony console, so mgs4 would be a nono, I'd heard of the stories and how john teshing confusing it is, but ff13 is a brand new story right? I'd buy that!

PS3 is gonna have tons of awesome fpses!!!

is the PSN nearly as good as XboxLive? Or is it lacking in some features??

Guest ryisakooguy

amicus & ryisakooguy i added both you guys as friends...my name is josiskrazy...ill see ya on.

any1 else wanna add me?

haha alright! thanks buddy. down to make a soompi clan in cod4?

Seriously, I really think ps3 is gonna do better...they pretty much were at rock bottom, but things are looking slightly better!

UGH, ps3 would be my first sony console, so mgs4 would be a nono, I'd heard of the stories and how john teshing confusing it is, but ff13 is a brand new story right? I'd buy that!

wooo i can tell you right now that your going to be broke as heck. i bet by the end of the year ps3 is going to have too many good games that it puts a huge dent in your wallet.

but i feel you about the ps3 is going to do better. i believe its going to reach its top again. dont know why you're going to skip on mgs4 though, but i am a huge fan of mgs. maybe its not your type of game.

well as of right now i believe PSN does lack a few features that xbox live has but its slowly but surely growing better and better. honestly, imo PSN is WAY, WAY better than xbox live. one reason, its FREE. i just read an article sayin how much it would be to pay for xbox live for 5 years...total: $270. thats almost freakin mgs4,ffXIII,ffvXIII,resistance 2,KZ2, AND dmc4 all together. AND the fact that i dont play online 24/7...thats wasting money. why pay to play online when you can play for free?

Guest Velocitii

does anybody know if the ps3 can play burned ps2 games?

i have the 60 gig version that first came out

im really itching to play mvc2, but i only have the burned version

it'd be cool if they made a hd remix of this like they did with puzzle fighter, and online....damn

Guest ryisakooguy

^haha why dont you try it. i believe it wont work work however...but i havent tried it either.

and yeah i feel you about mvc2. capcom doesnt have the marvel license thats one reason why we havent gotten a thrid let alone an HD remake. did you see what the next marvel game thats comin out? looks like crap...im sorry. if capcom does get it back, ono, the producer behind SF4, would love to make another one let alone a new darkstalkers. but first lets see how he does with SF4. soo far im pretty happy with it but you may never know...it could bomb.

2008 is definetly the year to look out for the PS3. MGS4. The story is REALLY nice, but hey you could get it for the gameplay. and FF13 will be a new story. All FF's are new stories and not connected, there are a few exceptions...with sequels or prequels. like 7 10, and 12. Oh and i can't believe it you have to get DMC4 along with your PS3. Who doesnt like over the top bad *** fighitng? And RE5!!! FPSES? are you talking about Resistance 2, killzone 2, Haze? I'm not too big on console shooters but they do look nice. Let's just pray Killzone 2 doesnt flop like the first one...it was so embarassing it had so much hype and everyone was calling it the "Halo Killer" then it did horrible. ok im done haha

Guest Krn_Track_Star

i said it first last year the 2008 would be the year ps3 blows everyone away. =)..

does anybody know if the ps3 can play burned ps2 games?

i have the 60 gig version that first came out

im really itching to play mvc2, but i only have the burned version

it'd be cool if they made a hd remix of this like they did with puzzle fighter, and online....damn

o_O y would u play mvc 2 for ps2 or xbox. mvc 2 should be played on DC n u might ask y it is because of lag on xbox on ps2.

Guest ryisakooguy

^haha that is true. the DC ver is the best version to play.

btw COD4 peeps. what games you usually play? im usually at ground war.

Guest yukumushio

does soompi have an enemy forum? cuz you guys could vs them. and win. :P

Nah, everyone loves soompi, idea = phailure.

I WANNA A PS3 NAO!!!

Guest ryisakooguy

^haha that would be nice. but i think i might hold back then team...lol. i swear i hate nades in that game. i die by them all the daymn time! even when a teammate is right next to me, he doesnt die by it but i do. -_- n yes get ps3! we need a soompi clan :D

amicus: do you only play prestige mode only?

ryisakooguy: i play prestige mode, but thats not a game type. i usually do team deathmatch or hardcore team deathmatch. but i do all gametypes. well i havent' tried old school. but all the main games.

on another note. i picked up rock band today. looking for interested parties to join a gameshare group to share rockband DLC. making new common psn, everyone contribute equal to common pot, vote on songs. need paypal to exchange funds to "manager".

Guest ryisakooguy

^ahh i see. i always thought prestige was a mode. i havent tried hardcore yet cause i think id suck at it. besides i really like playing against ALOT of people. next time when i see you online ill invite you if ground war is having a TDM.

and i WAS planning to get rockband as well. id actually be part of your crew but there are just too many games that i want comin out soon that i rather use my $100 best buy card for. maybe ill get it if they ever drop the price or when i get another job.

prestige is when u get to lev 55, u can restart again at lev 1 and redo everything again, but u get a different icon.

u can do it 5 times. its just something to do, gets u using all the weapons to get the challenges.

Guest yukumushio

OMGOMOMGOMG I got a ps#!!!!!!!

That's what I'd say if I actually got one, notice that the 3 is a # because I pressed SHIFT out of uncontrollable excitement. Too bad I don't really have one!

Anyone know any good ps3 only news sites?

ps3fanboy.com? That's the only one I know...lol

Like a really fantastic one for nintendo related news is gonintendo.com I was just wonderin if there was such a thing for ps3

Guest ryisakooguy

^wait so you got one too?!?!

CONGRATS!! lets play online buddy. welcome to the club :D

EDIT: i guess i was too excited to see the next line...lol

prestige is when u get to lev 55, u can restart again at lev 1 and redo everything again, but u get a different icon.

u can do it 5 times. its just something to do, gets u using all the weapons to get the challenges.

daymn are you foreal? soo i lose all my weapons as well?

Archived