Lee Young Ae 이영애

Guest xosandy

November 22, 2013
Actress Lee Young-ae hosts Korean food dinner with foreign diplomats
YonhapNews
SEOUL, Nov. 22 (Yonhap) -- South Korean actress Lee Young-ae, who is also popular in other Asian countries for her lead role in the smash-hit epic series "Daejanggeum," threw a traditional Korean food dinner for foreign diplomats in Seoul, a local TV network said Friday.
The event was taped Wednesday for "Lee Young-ae's Dinner," a SBS documentary hosted by the actress and set to air on New Year's Day on the lunar calendar, SBS said.
Couples of foreign diplomats in Korea, officials of the American Chamber of Commerce in Korea and well-known Korean artists such as fashion designer Lie Sang-bong and cellist Chung Myung-hwa attended the dinner at the Samcheonggak restaurant in central Seoul, it said.
During the dinner, Lee showed her affection toward Korean food by explaining in detail the meaning of the name of each dish served to the guests, the TV network said.
Also known as "Jewel in the Palace," the 2003-2004 SBS drama series tells the tale of an orphaned kitchen help who went on to become the first female physician for the king.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November 24, 2013
Lee Young Ae hosts a feast for ambassadors and Chamber of Commerce officials Source: STARN News
20131122101725_528eb0a51a979_1.jpg
 Lee Young Ae hosted a supper for diplomatic missionaries in Korea.
On November 20th, Lee Young Ae invited ambassadors and Chamber of Commerce officials of many different countries to a feast.
The feast was prepared with Lee Young Ae's own expense, and it was directed by three experts. A prominent potter Lee Neung Ho designed plates for each dishes, and Hanbok designer Han Eun Hee designed Lee Young Ae's Hanbok and directed table setting. In addition, chief Lee Myung Woo, the head chef of Lotte Hotel, directed menus.
Lee Young Ae said, "I learned that Korean cuisine developed through interchanges of social hierarchy while shooting SBS documentary 'Lee Young Ae's Feast', and I tried to express it through today's feast."
During the feast, Lee Young Ae explained each dishes herself, and all of the guests were deeply impressed by the beauty of Korean culinary culture.
It is said that the guests showed particularly great reactions for Bibimbap performance, which was the highlight of the feast.
Meanwhile, Lee Young Ae's Korean cuisine documentary 'Lee Young Ae's Feast' will air during upcoming new year holiday. /Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo jp@starnnews.com

• 1 month later...

December 30, 2013
‘Lee Yeong-Ae Bibimbap advertisement’ at the main street of Uzbekistan
Source: Innolife Korea8169_1.jpg

Korean Advertisement Professional Seo Gyeong-Deok, the professor of Sungshin Woman’s University, advertised Lee Yeong-Ae’s Bibimbap at the main street of Uzbekistan Tashkent. Lee Yeong-Ae’s Bibimbap advertisement was once introduced to New York Times in last February. This Bibimbap Billboard advertisement is of width 6m and height3m, and it is at Tashkent Shopping center street. 
It is the 2nd outdoor advertisement after China Shanghai fashion mall in last May. Last Summer, professor Seo who visited Tashkent and said, “Currently Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan are in the middle of Korean flow. Especially, middle Asia is where many Koreans live, that makes there a good condition to spread Korean culture.” For last 5 years, professor Seo has been trying to advertise Korean food at worldwide media like NYT, WES and etc., and tourist attractions. [Photo=Professor Seo Gyeong-Deok]

December 31, 2013
'Bibimbap' promoted in Uzbekistan
By Park Si-soo The Korea Times
131231_p02_bibimbap.jpg
A promotional sign for Korea’s signature dish “bibimbap” is seen in a shopping district of Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan. The sign will be available until March. / Courtesy of Seo Kyung-duk

A large street sign promoting Korea’s signature dish “bibimbap” was installed in Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan, on Monday. 

Six meters in width and three meters in length, the sign is seen in the city’s crowded main shopping district, featuring an image of Korea’s top actress Lee Young-ae and an explanation about the Korean dish written in Uzbek, according to Seo Kyung-duk, a Sungshin Women’s University professor and active promoter of Korea. 
The professor who has carried out similar campaigns in Manhattan and Shanghai, said that the billboard will be seen there through March. Seo is also well known for running several other promotional campaigns for Korea and its traditional cuisine through influential newspapers, such as the New York Times and the Washington Post, with the support of deep-pocketed local celebrities, including K-pop singer Kim Jang-hoon.   
“The popularity of Korean culture and food in increasing in remote places around the world,” Seo was quoted as saying in an interview. “Uzbekistan is home to many ethnic Koreans whose ancestors were sent to the country and its surrounding regions during the Cold War era. I believe the sign will help promote our traditional cuisine among ethnic Koreans there.”
Having focused his activities on the U.S. and Europe, Seo said he will extend his efforts into the Central Asia, Middle East and Africa regions next year. As a first step, a promotional sign for Korea’s traditional cuisine will be installed in Almaty, Kazakhstan’s biggest city, and Cairo, Egypt’s capital, early this year. 

January 8, 2014
'Daejanggeum II' to be produced
The Korea Times 05-04(75).jpg
Lee Young-ae stars in a scene from the popular 2003 drama “Daejanggeum.”
The television network MBC announced Tuesday that it will produce the sequel to the wildly popular drama “Daejanggeum” or “Jewel in the Palace.”
The 2003 drama starring top actors Lee Young-ae and Ji Jin-hee against the Joseon (1392-1910) era was one of the jet engines that propelled the popularity of Korean dramas overseas.
MBC officials said last year in its forum that they will produce “Daejanggeum II” in 2015. But the network officials did not specify just when season two of the drama would start airing nor whether the original stars would return.
The fictionalized tale about a Joseon-era royal cook who later becomes the King’s physician was produced for $15 million, but it later earned about $40 million worldwide.

• 2 weeks later...

January 20, 2014
Lee Young Ae Dresses Up in Korea’s Traditional Dress Hanbok for Photo Shoot
Source: BNTNews
pv1tk47pjymopupslhvlp6y3fradrx78.jpg
[by Cho Suyoun] Actress Lee Young Ae became the face of February issue of Marie Clair in Korea’s traditional dress, Hanbok.
Today, fashion magazine Marie Claire Korea revealed some photo cuts of Korea’s top actress Lee Young Ae. What attracted attention the most was Lee dressed up in Korean traditional dress, Hanbok. 
According to as source in Marie Claire, it is the first time that Hanbok appeared on the cover page. “It was a risk shooting in Hanbok for cover page, but Lee absolutely brought out the beauty as if she popped out from Korean painting.”
ar2qaenqn3zea9zysde069equjfih8gi.jpg

For the shooting, Lee avoided extravagant styling to make Hanbok stand out. Without ruining Hanbok’s original beauty, Lee recreated the classic charms in modern way. 
Meanwhile, Marie Claire decided to put Lee Young Ae on the cover in Hanbok as she will be starred in SBS’ documentary named ‘Lee Young Ae’s Dinner.’ This documentary recorded Lee Young Ae’s ordinary days preparing home dinner for her family and a grand Korean dinner she prepared for people in Florence, Italy.  
The documentary of Lee Young Ae will be aired on February 2 and 9 on channel SBS. (photo by Marie Claire)

LEE YOUNG AE IS GRACEFUL IN A HANBOK FOR MARIE CLAIRE KOREA’S FEBRUARY 2014 ISSUEhttp://couch-kimchi.com/2014/01/20/lee-young-ae-is-graceful-in-a-hanbok-for-marie-claire-koreas-february-2014-issue/

[size=2]

January 20, 2014

[/size][size=2]

[/size]

‘Dae Jang Deum’ Lee Young Ae ‘How can be so sexy?’
Source: Innolife Korea
8376_1.jpgActress Lee Young Ae showed off her beauty in Han Bok at Marie Quler, fashion magazine February edition. It is the first trial for Han Bok appear in fashion magazine as a cover shoot. Editor said “It was our first trial, so we took a risk. However it was really great. She was a real goodness in Han Bok.” 
It remind us of great Korean painting. It will be introduced on February through SBS Documentary ‘Great meal of Lee Young Ae’. Also It will be broadcasted on February 2 and February 9. 

January 25, 2014
Lee Young Ae Shows Her Family Life and Home in Food Documentary “Lee Young Ae’s Banquet”
by kpop1stop soompi.com
lee-young-ae1.jpg
Actress Lee Young Ae will introduce her family and her home on the upcoming food documentary “Lee Young Ae’s Banquet” for SBS‘s special Korean Lunar New Year program schedule.

The actress is currently taking a break from acting, and her last film “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance” was released in 2005. The actress had made a decision to focus on her family which includes twins. She revealed that her interest in food began when she started breastfeeding her children. She states, “Since the birth of my children, I  breast fed them for a year and a half. I recorded how much they ate and what baby food they ate in a notebook. After preparing my kid’s food like this for over two years, my interest in food naturally developed.”
Lee Young Ae’s upcoming two part SBS documentary “Lee Young Ae’s Banquet”  premieres on February 2 at 11:15pm. The documentary will follow the food history of Korea. The actress recently appeared in Marie Claire fashion magazine wearing the beautiful hanbok (Korean traditional dress).

January 30, 2014
Lee Young Ae sends a lunar New Year's message to her fans Source: STARN News
20140129213728_52e8f6081e912_1.jpg
On January 29th, Lee Young Ae appeared on SBS 'Night of TV Entertainment' with her twins, Jung Seung Kwon and Jung Seung Bin.
The behind of documentary show 'Lee Young Ae's Supper' were shown during the report, and Lee Young Ae tried to get her kids to do lunar New Year's greetings.
However, she had a difficulty in getting the two kids calmly sat down, and Lee Young Ae tried many different methods.
Afterwards, Lee Young Ae made people laugh by saying, "A mother can never be graceful."
/Reporting by Lim ju-hui jp@starnnews.com

January 30, 2014
Lee Young-Ae, displays daily baby book, returns to documentary, not a drama... Why?
8490_1.jpg

The actress Lee Young-Ae returns to the broadcast as a mother, not as an actress. On SBS special 'Lee Young-Ae's feast' that is being broadcast in two episodes, on coming February 2nd and 9th, the recent circumstance of Lee Young-Ae, who has disappeared from the screen since the movie 'Kind Miss Geum-Ja' on 2005, is getting displayed.
It has been a year that Lee Young-Ae has resided in Kyungki-do Moonhori, turning down numerous love-calls. It's been told that her biggest interesting topic is her twin children. Lee Young-Ae stated her will that as much she had run without a break when she was young, she would like to be faithful to her family that she has gained rather quite late.
Having said that her view toward the drama or movie has changed since she had a family, said "once I play a role, I get to concentrate on that role even in the house. Because I fear that it would hurt the children's feelings, I temporarily put off my wants toward acting."
About the reason that she made appearance in the food documentary program, not the film or drama, Lee Young-Ae explained, "it is also because of my interest in the food, but I also thought that leaving the record of our culture that can be kept for a lifetime with children, would be meaningful". [사진=SBS]

January 30, 2014
Lee Young Ae’s Twin Children Make Special Appearance on Broadcast
I.said.hi soompi.com   lee-young-ae-children.jpg
With Korea celebrating the Lunar New Year, it’s expected that people spend time with their families during the holiday. For actress Lee Young Ae, however, the past several years has constantly been focused on raising her twin children. In a special two week documentary, the actress will show what her personal life is like raising young twins while also being a loving wife.
Lee Young Ae’s documentary plans to understand the hidden stories behind the food that we eat. The subject is perfect for the actress as she is well known for her historical drama, “Jewel in the Palace,” which involved culinary arts in preparation for the King’s meals.
The special clips of the actress’ twin children, Jung Seung Kwon and Jung Seung Bin, portray how Lee Young Ae is a normal mother outside her celebrity status. As Lee Young Ae has been away from spotlight for several years, the documentary is a special treat for the actress’ fans. Check out the teaser for the Lee Young Ae’s special New Year documentary; the first part of the documentary will air on February 2.

February 3, 2014
‘Daejanggeum’ Lee Yeong-Ae, “Mysterious? I want to get closer”
8514_1.jpg

Lee Yeong-Ae revealed her frank toward being mysterious. Lee Yeong-Ae appeared on SBS Special ‘Lee Yeong-Ae’s Dinner’ and revealed her thought, “I want to get close to the public, not like before.” 
On this day’s broadcasting, Lee Yeong-Ae revealed her down-home daily life. Lee Yeong-Ae buys groceries at local market, eats Hotteok on snack bar on her way home, and cuts daughter’s hair herself. Lee Yeong-Ae has not revealed her house before, but now she’s changed, showing her house in Yangpyeong. 
Lee Yeong-Ae also admitted, “Previous me wouldn’t even dream it. I heard people say that I’m ‘mysterious’, ‘distant’ and etc. It’s because I’ve been concentrating on my work only. But now I want to get closer. I want to meet fans as person to person, not fan to star.” [Photo=SBS]

February 3, 2014
Lee Young Ae gives a haircut to her own daughter, Seung Bin Source: STARN News  20140203070953_52eec22c8f994_1.jpg
Lee Young Ae drew attention by giving a haircut to her own daughter.

During February 2nd broadcast of SBS Special 'Lee Young Ae's Supper', Lee Young Ae gave a haircut to her own daughter before greeting guests.
Lee Young Ae looked a bit awkward with the job, but she kept going on with it.
She said, "I used to use kitchen scissors, but I changed to a stationery scissors."
Meanwhile, Lee Young Ae drew attention by introducing her twin daughters and her husband.
/Reporting by Lim ju-hui en@starnnews.com

February 3, 2014
Lee Young-ae promotes traditional Korean dishes in TV documentary
Source: The Korea Herald
20140203001038_0.jpg

South Korean actress Lee Young-ae has returned to the small screen with a special documentary program dedicated to traditional Korean food and dining culture.
Lee, who became a pan-Asia star after appearing in the hit drama “Daejanggeum,” is hosting the SBS documentary “Lee Young-ae’s Dinner” to explore the identity of the Korean people through their diverse food traditions and dishes such as the royal cuisine of the Joseon Dynasty.
In the first episode, which aired on Sunday, the 43-year-old actress held a traditional Korean dinner for foreign diplomats and officials of the American Chamber of Commerce in Korea featuring cuisine she learned about from prominent food experts.
In the program, Lee also talked about her daily life as an ordinary housewife and mother of twins for the first time since a nine-year hiatus following her last film, “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance,” in 2005.  
Buoyed by the popularity of SBS’ historical drama “Daejanggeum,” which tells the tale of a kitchen assistant who went on to become the first female physician for the king, the actress solidified her status as an icon of classical Korean beauty. 
Last year, she appeared in the New York Times as a model advertising bibimbap to promote Korean food overseas.
“Lee Young-ae’s Dinner” consists of two episodes, with the second part set to air on Feb. 9.

February 6, 2014
Actress Lee Young Ae Bought a Huge Home in the Countryside for Her Children
posted by heavenly angel soompi.comLee-Young-Ae.jpg

Actress Lee Young Ae is known for keeping her personal life private. However, she appeared on SBS’ special show “Lee Young Ae’s Banquet” for Lunar New Years sharing her personal life with fans.
She revealed that she bought a house in the countryside for her children. Viewers were quick to notice the huge home.  It was painted white, which displayed an atmosphere of neatness. Her large garden looked as if it would appear in a movie or drama.
On this day, Lee Young Ae exposed her daily life living in the countryside. She commented that “Being a mother for twins is not double the exhaustion, but rather it feels exhausting six times more. Seeing my children grow up every day is something that I do not want to regret and miss out on. Thus, nine years have passed.”
Despite being very private with her personal life, Lee Young Ae showed the viewers that she is a laid-back. She used scissors to trim her children’s hair and made a healthy meal using the vegetables she harvested.
Lee Young Ae learned from professionals who are experts in both cooking traditional food for a king of from the Joseon Dynasty and for the common people.
“Lee Young Ae’s Banquet” is a two segment episodes. The second episode will air on February 9 at 11:15pm (KST).

February 7, 2014
‘Dae Jang Geum’ Lee Young-Ae, what is her secret of skin care?
8566_1.jpg

The actress Lee Young-Ae opened her secret of skin care. Lee Young-Ae had conversation with Moon-Hee, at SBS ‘Good Morning’ aired on 6th. They naturally talked about skin care. Moon-Hee said, “I born with good skin, so I have never been to dermatology. I think natural skin is beautiful.” To this Lee Young-Ae made people surprised, saying “Were I in your place, my skin becomes ill. Cosmetics are not healthy to me, so I just apply camellia oil and moisture cream. [Photo=SBS ‘Good Morning’ capture]

February 9, 2014
Lee Young-Ae, displays 'Dae Jang-Geum dinner' along with the luxury Gucci
8579_1.jpg
The Korean food dinner that was co-hosted by Italian luxury brand Gucci and 'Dae Jang-Geum' Lee Young-Ae (43) in Gucci museum in Firenze, Italy, on last year September, is to be displayed through SBS TV special documentary 'Lee Young-Ae's dinner' second episode. It is the two-episode documentary that conveys the journey of Lee Young-Ae serving Korean traditional food to foreigner guests. Gucci, which promised to invest in Korea's cultural heritage in long term, opened Korean dinner with Lee Young-Ae in Firenze, where there is no Korean restaurant, in order to make the food culture of Korea known to people worldwide. Lee Young-Ae showed five courses of steamed cow rib, lotus leaf rice, Wolgwachae, ginseng vegetable roll, dried beef, dried persimmon ssam, etc, with the professor and students of Wusong University global Korean food cooking department. Bae Jae-Hyun Korea ambassador in Italy, Patricio Di Marco the CEO and the chief manager of Gucci, and the local cultural artists enjoyed dinner on this day. Lee Young-Ae stated "it can be called a small group, but I feel that I gave the big impression with Korean food to the participants, and with this dinner as the start, I wish that our food can be known to Italy little by little." [사진=sbs]

February 8, 2014
Lee Young Ae, released her picture with her twins ‘It’s so beautiful and lovely!’
8571_1.jpg
An actress Lee Young Ae opened her video with her twins. In that video they enjoyed the snow ball fight with her husband and twins. While she is playing with her daughter Seung Bin, his son Seung Gweon tried to tease them. Also he enjoyed snow ball fight with his sister and Seung Bin cired. Then he said “I did!! Boooooo!”. Also she was running with her children in the snow creating the lovely scene. SBS ‘Great meal of Lee Young Ae’ will be broadcasted on February 9 at 11:15p.m

Archived