Andy Lee (Shinhwa) Official Thread

Guest loving_D

In this episode, there's competitor who brought robots that can dance. Those robots can really dance good.

Andy wanted 6 of them because he wants to make Shinhwa robots. He said since they will be going into army soon and they are getting older, he said, robots can do the dance for them and they'll just sing. LOL!

available in CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/cashewmania

[HQ] Star King - Lee Teuk + Shin Dong (Super Junior), Kyu Jong + Hyung Joon (SS501), Andy, Choi Jung Won (UN), Boom, Hwayobi, etc (2008-04-26) [736.9MB]

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kassuma
Guest CrazyYochy

I was wondering before why would there be two threads for Andy.

I think I like this one better. There should be more people active in here.

I wasn't really a big fan of Andy before (neither an anti-fan for that matter, I am just getting to know Shinhwa and Andy),

but I've seen his recent appearance in some variety show and got to say he is really something.

One thing that has attract me is his laugh, he laugh without any inhibition which is something you don't see in many artists.

I am glad all his concerts have been very successful he sure deserve all the goods that can come his way.

Hopefully his parents can get better.

Hopefully you guys can accept me as a new friend and Andy fan as well.

Something small to share with you guys as a non-spam

jsae8hbjm2.jpg

Thanks kassuma for uploading those vds, I've been leaving comments in most of them. Thanks a lot for sharing them.

Guest kriza_09

maybe i'm being too much, but andy's appearance in 'Change' kinda bugged me... isn't andy banned from SBS or is it just for sbs inkigayo???? i just think it's kinda unethical for SBS to ban andy from performing on their music show but use his embarrassment of being pranked to make profit on their own....

i assume andy didn't know he was going to be on 'Change' before the prank took place... and do the artists who got pranked even get paid after that???

Guest aindy

kriza, im thinking of the same thing..

i thought he was banned at SBS Inkigayo??

seen his schedule at ND for the promotion of 'Propose'

5/2 KBS Music Bank

5/4 SBS Inkigayo

did SBS changed their minds about banning artists??

Thanks for the information regarding andy's upcoming performances.... cannot wait....

I was thinking the same thing..... wasn't andy banned from performing on SBS inkigayo????..... i guess MBC and SBS resolved the problem...

Out of curiosity..... andy's fans are special in that they will prepare food for him, and the staffs on the show that he makes an appearance on.....

andy's fans are something alright..... does anyone know why andy's fans do that???? and why not the fans do it for the other shinhwa members.... cuz aren't the members jealous of andy's fans.... even kang ho dong, i recall from some interview that he enjoys andy making appearances on shows with him, because his fans will preparing like tons of food for andy.

here is a clip of minwoo jealous of andy's fan on happy together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxNhujLL7ww

credit: nglkt

I saw the schedule too. I think it was never confirmed and there was never newspaper article indicating that "stars" who appears on other station will be banned.

kriza, im thinking of the same thing..

i thought he was banned at SBS Inkigayo??

seen his schedule at ND for the promotion of 'Propose'

5/2 KBS Music Bank

5/4 SBS Inkigayo

did SBS changed their minds about banning artists??

Welcome to the thread. When he became solo singer, this thread was created eventhough he already has thread in the drama section.

Technically since he doesn't act for now, we should keep the music thread active because he is promoting his solo career as a singer.

I was wondering before why would there be two threads for Andy.

I think I like this one better. There should be more people active in here.

Hopefully you guys can accept me as a new friend and Andy fan as well.

Other memer's fan clubs does make lunches but not big like Andy's club. I always wonder where do they get the money to feed everyone in almost all the variety shows that Andy's in. I think also the president of the Andy's fan club is more "older" woman? It takes alot of effort and organization skills to make all those lunch boxes. In fact didn't Goldfish variety show do a skit about "older housewives" who formed fan club to "special things" for their favorite star? At that skit, they used Andy as the "star".

I think different fan clubs does different things for their favorite. Dongwan's fan club is famous for giving elaborate gifts to DW. I think he got scooter one time, name brand bag, and I can't be for sure but didn't he get piano this year?

Thanks for the information regarding andy's upcoming performances.... cannot wait....

I was thinking the same thing..... wasn't andy banned from performing on SBS inkigayo????..... i guess MBC and SBS resolved the problem...

Out of curiosity..... andy's fans are special in that they will prepare food for him, and the staffs on the show that he makes an appearance on.....

andy's fans are something alright..... does anyone know why andy's fans do that???? and why not the fans do it for the other shinhwa members.... cuz aren't the members jealous of andy's fans.... even kang ho dong, i recall from some interview that he enjoys andy making appearances on shows with him, because his fans will preparing like tons of food for andy.

here is a clip of minwoo jealous of andy's fan on happy together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxNhujLL7ww

credit: nglkt

Guest gouka_odoriko

I'm a new fan of Andy hahaha!! because of "We Got Married" LOL

And I'm glad that he'll be active again with his repacked album hahahah!!!

I just wanna see him on other shows...

Thanks for the updates...this is the only source I know at the mean time :)

Guest polkadots

Hi~~!!

Been a fan of Andy for a big while but never dropped by here.*waves*

About the 'banned' thing, I thought at one moment it might be pretty serious, but then maybe the rating drops or something and it turns out to be no harm to the stars but for the station instead? So they drop the policy and better act like nothing happened.

Anyway, since he now appearing on Inkigayo, I'm not gonna missed it! MusicBank I'm not sure what time does it air?

Guest aindy

well honestly whatever!!

im seeing Andy in Inki again!!

and im not gonna miss that episode this Sunday!!

can't wait!!

:wub:

Guest aindy

[08.04.29] [Trans] Andy's Star News Interview [Part 1]

NO HOTLINKING AND PROPER CREDITS IF TAKING OUT.

THANK YOU.

200804280731063300lr0nikz6.jpg

200804280731069680tp5vqvr1.jpg

200804280731063302op5bqmg0.jpg

Time flies, as people tend to say. But reality tends to be even more surprising. Shinhwa's youngest member Andy is only 27 this year, but he has already been in the business for 10 years.

The entertainment industry is dynamic and unpredictable, where many singers can release an album in just one month, and disappear off the radar soon after. In the high competitive industry where popularity doesn't remain forever, Shinhwa's Andy has been able to stay at the top with love and support from the fans, and now he is already an oppa, a hyung with 10 years worth of experience.

Having gone through a somewhat tumultous decade, Andy - together with the rest of Shinhwa - has just released Shinhwa's 9th album, and also his own solo album at the beginning of 2008, moving into the ranks of established singers. Time does fly, as Andy recounts, "There was a fan who told me that she has been my fan since she was in primary school, and now she has already graduated from senior high. After I heard that I could really feel that I've aged."

But Andy is still a kid at heart. Though time and tide waits for no man, Andy remains youthful as ever. We felt ashamed when we noticed Andy's flawless skin and appearance, and time doesn't seem to have left its mark on him at all. There is a reason why people say that he's "an eternal idol" or "always the cute baby of the group"

On the 25th at a restaurant in Gangnam, Star News had a good time interviewing Andy 'oppa' over dinner and soju.

- You seem very professional at doing this (Korean BBQ), have you worked in a BBQ restaurant before?

▶ Not at a Korean BBQ, but I helped out in my mom's clothing store. I'm good at folding clothes.

- We noticed that you kept folding clothes in We're Married.

▶ I really like to be clean and tidy. If my sister's room gets too messy I'd complain to my mom, "She's a girl who's supposed to get married, how can her room be in this state?" (laughs) I'm good at folding clothes, and I chat with my mom when I'm doing that. It's ok if Solbi doesn't fold the clothes, but I can't have my family members not doing that. The moment I see clothes scattered about, I have to fold it. (laughs)

- Can you feel your popularity increasing because of the show?

▶ In the past everyone always says "It's Shinhwa's Andy!" Now when they see me they'd say "It's Andy oppa! Oppa, don't fall in love with Solbi unnie!" Some people ask if we're really dating, but in the show I'm just showing how it'd be like if I really had a girlfriend. A few days ago I was in China, and one of the fans was holding a banner that wrote "Oppa, let's get married!" I didn't expect the show to be so popular in China as well, I was quite surprised.

- We heard that your concert in China was a great success.

▶ At first I was a little worried, I wasn't sure if my intentions would get lost in translation, but it turned out better than expected. I greeted everyone in Chinese, then I got the translator on stage to help me communicate with the fans. Then I realized that many fans actually do know some Korean, and could understand me even without the translation. I feel quite bad that my fans know my language and yet I only know how to greet them. I regretted not learning more Chinese.

- It's a solo concert, were you worried that the other members aren't around?

▶ It's actually more interesting this way. Everyone knows me well in Korea, they know what songs I'd be singing so in a way it's more stressful. I worry about not being recognized for my music. But overseas fans seem to be more responsive, maybe because they haven't seen many of my performances and don't really know me well yet. I'm glad about that.

- People who watched your concert in Korea said that you seemed to be really enjoying yourself.

▶ At first it was difficult, I was worried about handling the entire performance by myself and a live performance at that. But I guess singing and acting are quite similar, the more you do it the better you get. I'll give myself a pep talk when I feel the pressure, "Won't it be fine as long as you do it better the next time?" Honestly, the pressure comes from wanting too badly to do well.

- Shinhwa's at the top of their game, and so is Andy. Would you feel that there is no more room for improvement?

▶ No, new singers are constantly making their debuts, and we're also nervous when that happens. When we experiment with something new and the results are not good, we'd review ourselves. There are so many things that I still want to work on, it just seems like there's more and more.

- Shinhwa just held the 10th anniversary concert not too long ago, will we be expecting a 20th anniversary concert?

▶ Of course. We're a little different, in the beginning everyone was saying "Shinhwa wouldn't last 10 years, they'll split up eventually", but this only made us more united. We celebrated our 10th anniversary over a round of drinks, and we were reminiscing about the times when we secretly drank in the wardrobe room. It was quite poignant, and it really felt like time just flew by.

- You seem very moved yourself.

▶ After the Shinhwa concert was over I watched the SMAP concert DVD, and I thought to myself how it would be when we are 30, 40 with the group still intact while we're busy with our own activities. We all want to experience that too. We just took our first step towards that, and now we need to grow by ourselves.

- Besides Shinhwa, what are your other dreams?

▶ I'm slowly achieving them. Firstly performing in the musical was one of the bigger achievements. Now I'm moving on to a career as a solo singer, once I succeed at that I'd like to act. I'm going to be promoting my follow-up track next, and I've been thinking how I can do it better.

- When will you start your activities for your follow-up track?

▶ Next Fri (2 May) I'll be performing Propose for the first time. It should be a little more mature than Love Song. I'm not going to say too much just in case people have too high expectations for that, so I'll just keep it at that (laughs).

Source: Star News

Chi trans: pax_lee@ANDY THE WORLD

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[08.04.29] [Trans] Andy's Star News Interview [Part 2]

200804280731063301vu3cybe7.jpg

200804280731055880qz2qpiz5.jpg

200804280731073330rn7gphp2.jpg

Andy In The Eyes of the 3 Rookie Reporters

Andy - Down-To-Earth About Himself

Choi Mun Gyung

Looking at Andy, I thought I knew him very well, but to really know him, 10 years aren't enough.

Shinhwa's baby, the aegyo expert, the ever-so-cute little brother Andy. After meeting him however I realized that Andy is an approachable star who has more potential than I ever thought. His unwavering vision of the future, and his serious look as he stops to ponder, these are all new to me. The only familiar thing to me is when he occasionally flashes his adorable smile and says, "Yes I'm Andy."

Andy is very serious when he says "the road ahead is still very long". He has plans for the next 10, 20 years, and he is learning and working for his goals. As part of Shinhwa, Andy has received much love and support and it's the same even as he branches out into his solo career. However there is no trace of any arrogance at all, only excessive humility.

But he remains cheerful. No matter when he says "I can't multitask, I can only focus on one thing at a time", or when he jokes "Because my brain works too slowly", his smile remains bright.

During the interview, Andy was exchanging text messages with Eric, and Andy was very amused by a particular text message and laughs out loud. Despite the tumultous decade in the entertainment industry, Andy remains untainted.

Andy seems to have a down-to-earth attitude towards his identity of "the celebrity Andy" more than anyone else. At the same time he's also a thoughtful person who served us the meat that he roasted onto our plates. As a celebrity, as a person, and as a senior, Andy is generous about sharing his experiences. We look forward to the next 10, 20 years of charming Andy.

bAndy - A Young Man Who's Sincere About Love

Lee Soo Hyun

Andy always comes across as lively and adorable, maybe that's his image as Shinhwa's youngest member. Though he is already 28 (Korean age), people are always still trying to find traces of youth from him.

"It's similar to my character - a lively, healthy, and adorable image. I can't fake this, I've been in touch with countless media over the 10 years, how would I possibly fake an image? Now that I'm on a reality program, there's no way to lie. Rather than to create an image, this lively and cute image is truly what I am, I don't have to act."

Andy said that his aegyo nature came from his mother, but he's not exactly great at socializing. "I'm not really good at lecturing people, if I need to say anything I'd just say it over drinks. I'm quite an introvert, and not great at creating conversations, so it's not easy for people to get close to me. I will worry about things like "what if she doesn't like me", "what if I get made use of" and things like that."

If one worries too much it's difficult to enter a relationship, since love requires both parties to be able to open up to each other. How would love knock of the door of cautious Andy?

"I have lots of love at first sight experiences, just that the other party doesn't know it, only I do. (laughs) It happens when I watch dramas or movies, or when I meet someone in the streets and she stays in my head for a long time, I'd just regret why I didn't approach her then. I'm just like this, really bad at expressing myself."

He may be 28, but he hasn't changed much since his debut. He doesn't look out of place at all when he does his trademark heart dance. But that doesn't mean that he has spent the 10 years in vain. You can feel his maturity, and you'd be curious about his next 10 years. No matter what you think, he'll be able to show you more.

Andy - The Star Who Still Dreams

Choi Solmi

"It's getting burnt, eat it quickly"

Wow, this is Andy roasting meat for me, am I dreaming?

During the 2-hour long interview, Andy laughed out loud about 5, 6 times and showed us his unique cute expression about 4,5 times. But for most of the interview, he'd answer the questions in all seriousness.

Andy still comes across as a youth who's passionate about his dreams.

About his follow-up track Propose, he dreams of being like SMAP member Tsuyoshi Kusanagi, dreams of all 6 Shinhwa members performing on stage for their 20th anniversary, dreams of acting, dreams of moving forward in his career... Just like this, Andy was also dreaming his own dream that day.

Facing us the rookie reporters, Andy was ever so friendly to us while answering our questions, and was completely professional throughout.

At the end of the interview, Andy said "I hope to meet the three of you experienced reporters during Shinhwa's 20th anniversary concert."

I too, want to tell Andy, "Thank you, Andy!"

Source: Star News

Chi trans: pax_lee@ANDY THE WORLD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[08.04.30] [News] Andy continues album activities with 'Propose'

200804301113068910pi2ek7.jpg

Shinhwa's Andy releases a new song, and continues with his solo album activities.

Andy has just released the repackaged version of his album, complete with a new song - a mid-tempo track titled 'Propose', written by 'Love Song' composer Wi Jong Soo and lyricist Kim Tae Hoon.

The repackaged album also includes a diary written by Andy during the period when he appeared in the musical "Music In My Heart". The diary is an interesting account of Andy's misadventures during the musical. 'Propose' is a song about proposing to a loved one, with a catchy tune and lyrics. Activities for the song will being in May.

In addition to the repackaged album, Andy also plans for a solo concert in Japan in June.

Source: NEWSEN

Chi trans: yujin@bestshinhwa

Guest CrazyYochy

Thanks a lot for posting the translations of this articles.

He is really a charming guy!

Can't wait to get his album.

Andy Lee, Aja Aja Fighting!!

hi everyone ! i have been a shinhwa for a couple of years now..... can't decide who i really like the most and they all are so unique in their own ways..... however, i have to now say that andy is really exceptional. i started to find out more things about after watching 'we just got married' and i realised he actually went through quite a bit, good and bad times. however i have to say the shinhwa brotherhood is really strong and andy fighting! u got a new fan here!

i am now eagerly waiting for his 2 albums from yesasia!! i like the songs from his 1st album after listening in online. i hope yesasia selling of his albums will be counted for his official album sales in korea? does anyone know? thanks!

^ babypillow. well i read off of shinhwabiz and someone got an e-mail back saying yes YA albums do count for offical sales in korea. :] glad that they do hehe.

[08.05.02][news] Andy & Solbi, a "fantasy couple" even on radio *Disclaimer: I tried hard NOT to include words like couple, romance, love etc. in the article....but i can't help it - it's a translation!

but...but...at this rate Andy & Solbi are going...*

20080501103011.jpg

Popular "couple" Andy and Solbi from the hit MBC variety show "We're Married" continues their "romance" even on radio, through the phone.

On the April 30 broadcast of <Maybee's Turn Up The Volume> on KBS Radio Cool FM, Solbi - who was listening to Andy on the show - sent him a text message, and DJ Maybee spontaneously decided to call Solbi up.

Once on the phone, Solbi said "I'm listening to the show right now, Andy oppa is on the show, isn't it? Please tell Andy oppa that I miss him very much", and also gave her encouragement to him for his new song. In return, Andy greeted Solbi and had a short but pleasant conversation with her.

Listeners expressed some degree of jealousy, but acknowledged that both Andy and Solbi make a good couple.

In the show, Andy also introduced his new song 'Propose' on his repackaged album, and listeners called in to express their liking for the song and cheered him on. Andy said "I've been feeling rather unsure about this, but I feel better now that I've heard the good responses about the song",and expressed his gratitude to his fans.

Andy will appear on KBS Music Bank on 2 May to officially kick off his activities for his repackaged album.

Source: DAUM

Chi trans: yujin@bestshinhwa

so many andy lovers ^^ wow welcome to andy's music thread!! come often and reply :P

mommie alice omg that is so cool o__o robots of shinhwa HAHA that'd be cute!! but we know we'd rather see shinhwa oppas dancing and trying their best right? hehe

Guest coffinhouse

[08.05.02][news] Andy & Solbi, a "fantasy couple" even on radio *Disclaimer: I tried hard NOT to include words like couple, romance, love etc. in the article....but i can't help it - it's a translation!

but...but...at this rate Andy & Solbi are going...*

http://ii.reviewstar.net/data/200805/01/20080501103011.jpg

Popular "couple" Andy and Solbi from the hit MBC variety show "We're Married" continues their "romance" even on radio, through the phone.

YA!!!! i'll support them.. even if its true! *hehe* i wonder when the video for this radio show will be out.. i'd love to see andy's facial reaction while talking to solbi!!

Guest aindy

[08.05.02] [News] Andy rushed to hospital in the midst of MV filming

NO HOTLINKING AND PROPER CREDITS IF TAKING OUT.

THANK YOU.

200805021201096950bn6.jpg

Shinhwa's Andy, who has just released his repackaged album, was in the midst of filming the MV for his new song 'Propose' when he had to be rushed to hospital for abdominal pains.

Filming for the MV took place all the way until the wee hours of May 1, but Andy had to be admitted to hospital halfway through filming due to severe abdominal pains. He was put on a drip for fatigue and enteritis, and was asked to stay in hospital for further observation and rest. However, due to pre-scheduled work arrangements, he went back home instead.

Although his management company was considering to pull out some of the activities on his schedule due to his health condition, Andy insisted on continuing with what was already planned. He went ahead to appear on a radio program after receiving treatment in the hospital and will still appear on KBS Music Bank on May 2 as planned.

The MV for 'Propose' will see Andy transformed into a barista, who prepares to confess his love to the girl he loves.

Source: newsen & oceans

Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[Pics] 080502 Andy Propose MV Photos

120970037108502propose1ks7.jpg

120970037108502propose2rb9.jpg

120970037108502propose3js6.jpg

120970037108502propose4oa7.jpg

120970037108502propose5ff5.jpg

120970037108502propose6ez5.jpg

120970037108502propose7xj4.jpg

120970037108502propose8ar4.jpg

120970037108502propose9yx5.jpg

120970037108502propose1qb9.jpg

credits:

Ndenter + shinhwa.biz/forums

Guest V A L XD

OMO, I hope Andy is okay. Now I'm worried about him. He is always doing something to make me worry about his well being.

Have you guys seens his performance on Music Bank yet? It's so cute! I'm really liking the song! I can't even notice that he was sick. =[

here's the youtube link.

Andy||Propose on Music Bank

Archived