Format: Renzoku

Genre: Human drama

Episodes:

Viewership ratings:

Broadcast networks: Fuji TV, KTV

Broadcast period: 2008-Jan-?? to

Air time: Tuesday 22:00

Synopsis

Yoshio Kita is a debt-laden man whose wife (Manami Konishi) has left him. With his close friend's death anniversary only 11 days away, Yoshio chooses that date for his own death.

Cast

Kohinata Fumiyo as Kita Yoshio

Matsuda Ryuhei as Yashiro Heita

Konishi Manami

Kuriyama Chiaki

Kaname Jun

Namase Katsuhisa

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest jade_frost

His name is Kita Yoshio.

A good and dull man.

11 years ago, his only friend died.

His wife left.

Leaving only solitary days.

He decides.

"The time limit for my life will be 11 days later."

However?

The man who has decided to die 11 days later, Kohinata Fumiyo

The mysterious man who gets close that man, Matsuda Ryuhei

The ex-wife of the man who's decided to die, Konishi Manami

The mysterious man's lover, Kuriyama Chiaki

The ex-wife's close associate, Kaname Jun

The insurance investigator, Namase Katsuhisa

The life of the man who decided to die, ironically starts to vividly roll.

Ashita no Kita Yoshio

Guest jade_frost

I want to watch this!!! Ryuhei is Shota's brother rite?

Yes, they are brothers. Ryuhei's established a name for himself in movies and worked with many famous directors. I wonder whether his character here will also be cold, seductive and enigmatic - the type of character he seems to lean towards in his roles.

His name is Kita Yoshio.

A good and dull man.

11 years ago, his only friend died.

His wife left.

Leaving only solitary days.

He decides.

"The time limit for my life will be 11 days later."

However?

The man who has decided to die 11 days later, Kohinata Fumiyo

The mysterious man who gets close that man, Matsuda Ryuhei

The ex-wife of the man who's decided to die, Konishi Manami

The mysterious man's lover, Kuriyama Chiaki

The ex-wife's close associate, Kaname Jun

The insurance investigator, Namase Katsuhisa

The life of the man who decided to die, ironically starts to vividly roll.

Ashita no Kita Yoshio

thanks for the info but it took me a while to get understand.. is there a trailer out for this drama? I went to the offical page but couldn't find any.

Guest jade_frost

thanks for the info but it took me a while to get understand.. is there a trailer out for this drama? I went to the offical page but couldn't find any.

The trailer for Ep 1 is out. It's the first button on the top left of the official website.

Guest Maia-chan

Yes, they are brothers. Ryuhei's established a name for himself in movies and worked with many famous directors. I wonder whether his character here will also be cold, seductive and enigmatic - the type of character he seems to lean towards in his roles.

I love your description of Ryuhei! :rolleyes:

Guest jade_frost

The press conference for Ashita no Kita Yoshio was held on 25 December 2007 in Tokyo. Kohinata Fumiyo, Matsuda Ryuhei, Konishi Manami, Kuriyama Chiaki, Kaname Jun, Namase Katsuhisa and Yoshitaka Yuriko were present at the event.

The drama is based on the original draft of popular author, Shimada Masahiko's novel Jiyuu Shikei and written by Iida Joji, known for the dramas Night Head and Sashou Taeko ~ Saigo no Jiken. Kita Yoshio is a good man who decides to die 11 days later on the death anniversary of his close friend. He resigns from the B-grade publishing house that has relegated him to a marginal role, withdraws all his money and sets off to visit his friend's grave in Kyushu. As a result of summoning his courage to warn a man who has cut into the long line at a taxi stand, he ends up travelling with him and gets embroiled in a big matter.

The first episode airs tomorrow, 8 January from 10.10 p.m. to 11.14 p.m. Other episodes will be screened every Tuesday 10.00 p.m. to 10.54 p.m.

Photos from the press conference: http://mainichi.jp/enta/geinou/graph/200712/25/index.html

Guest jade_frost

Introduction

Kita Yoshio is a man with a life that isn't accompanied by good things.

He who thinks there isn't any happiness in living, one day finally decides to die on the death anniversary of his best friend 11 days later.

But why is it that from that day on, he encounters various unrealistic people and events, and the wheels of his fate start to deviate hugely.

Someone tries to use him to get money.

Someone attempts to lay blame on him and flee.

However, the goodness of this dull man causes unexpectedly wide repercussions in the hearts of the suspicious characters who got close to make use of him.

Happy and painful things are lumped together.

His life undergoes a complete change from being boring.

Contrary to his intent, it becomes exciting ...

But on the other hand, one person isn't happy with his "radical" language and behaviour.

That is his ex-wife with whom he had broken up with years ago.

Why is he meeting people he shouldn't meet ever since he decided to die?

Before long, he learns the shocking truth surrounding his own past which he otherwise wouldn't have known.

Soon, the 11 days are up. His life's time limit.

At that moment, will he be able to stand up to live again?

Looking and touching - those hands have truly felt the "joy of living".

At the end, the thing that will save him is ... ?

Guest XhoXho

I've been looking forward to watching this! I was checking up on Kaname Jun dramas, and the storyline for this one sounds so cool. The actors are all pretty good with a good reputation (well I dunno about that 1988 girl, but she must be good too right? To be picked among the other actors.)

I'm keeping an eye out to see where I can watch this.

Thank you, jade_frost for continually translating bits and pieces of dramas!

The first episode was amaaaaazing. Definitely worth the try if you guys have seen stuff like Galileo and liked it.

Someone reviewed the first episode on their WordPress blog, so I'll quote that:

This is the only drama in this season that attracted me both plot and casting wise. The plot is…twisted enough one unique plotline that got my interest to watch the debut episode. XD

This is Kohinata Fumiyo’s first lead role in a drama, but I didn’t need this drama to know how superb an actor he is. He has been casted as a supporting actor for many dramas/movies that I’ve watched, such as Hero, Ushi ni negai wo, Furin Kazan and Sore demo boku wa yattenai, and he can play both comedic and serious roles very well. He was funny during most of the episode, but the serious monologue at the end was impactful and sad. Kohinata handled the transition really well, which quickly sucked me into the seemingly amusing but pathetic life of Kita Yoshio.

Matsuda Ryuhei’s Heita was a pleasant surprise. Both his appearance and the role itself was a change from his previous works. Heita is a comedic character (Panda box! XD) which is break from his previous darker roles, and I really like it. I suppose he has an ulterior motive in helping Yoshio? Most probably for Yoshio’s money but he managed to conceal it very well at this point.

From the first episode it seems that it is a mixture of several genres: comedy, mystery and drama, and definitely way more complicated that it appears to be. It should take a few more episodes before the subplot (Mizuho’s insurance investigation) gets clearer, so I’ll definitely watch on and see how the plot develops! XD

And I'll add to that by saying: C'mon, this is Ryuhei Matsuda's first full drama. That alone says something. ^^

Guest Maia-chan

I've been looking forward to watching this! I was checking up on Kaname Jun dramas, and the storyline for this one sounds so cool. The actors are all pretty good with a good reputation (well I dunno about that 1988 girl, but she must be good too right? To be picked among the other actors.)

I'm keeping an eye out to see where I can watch this.

Who's the 1988 girl you were referring to?

Archived