Yu-Gi-Oh! thread

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Guest DOVAHKIIN
discuss the anime, series, OCG/TCG, sanctioned events, etc.!
Yu-Gi-Oh!Produced by Toei Animation, this 27-episode anime is based on Yu-Gi-Oh! manga volumes 1-7, which do not focus much on Magic & Wizards. It is not connected in any way to Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, another Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series made by Nihon Ad Systems (NAS), but is often referred to as the "first series" to distinguish it from the latter (or, erroneously, as Yu-Gi-Oh! Season/Series 0.) First aired on TV Asahi on April 4, 1998, the series ended its run on October 10, 1998. Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Often referred to as simply "Yu-Gi-Oh!" or the "second series" of the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters (遊戯王デュエルモンスターズ) is the series that introduced Yu-Gi-Oh! to the Western world. Produced by NAS, it was first aired on TV Tokyo on April 18, 2000, and later translated into more than 20 languages and aired in more than 60 countries. Mainly based on Yu-Gi-Oh! manga volume 8 and onward, the series ended its 224-episode run in Japan on September 29, 2004. Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GXYu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX (遊戯王デュエルモンスターズGX), often known as "Yu-Gi-Oh! GX", is an anime spin-off of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise, with a new protagonist, Judai Yuki (renamed Jaden Yuki in the U.S. version), and a new plotline that is not based on the original manga. The "GX" in the title stands for "Generation neXt". The series mainly focuses on the life in a duelist academy known as Duel Academia. Also produced by NAS, it was first aired on TV Tokyo on October 6, 2004. It currently airs in the US on Cartoon Network as part of its Miguzi program block at 5:00 pm Monday-Friday. The main character of Yu-Gi-Oh! (all anime, manga and movies except Yu-Gi-Oh! GX) is Yugi Mutou (Yugi Muto in the English anime), a shy, pure-hearted high school student and gaming expert who possesses an ancient Egyptian relic called the Millennium Puzzle; and the Nameless Pharaoh (Namonaki Pharaoh in Japanese), otherwise known as Dark Yugi (Yami Yugi, also known as "the other Yugi", or later on, "Atem"), a darker personality held in the Puzzle. Yugi's best friends, Katsuya Jonouchi (Joey Wheeler), Anzu Mazaki (Téa Gardner), and Hiroto Honda (Tristan Taylor), are also primary characters, as well as Dark Yugi's main rival, Seto Kaiba.
- credits to www.wikipedia.org (search up Yu-Gi-Oh!) I got too lazy to summarize it up for you guys :P_yugi-gif.jpg Yugi Motou/Yugi Muto _yami_yugi.jpg Yami Yugi/Dark Yugi/Pharaoh Atem/Yu-Gi-Oh Anzu Mazaki/Tea Gardner, Hiroto Honda/Tristan Taylor Katsuya Jonouchi/Joey Wheeler, 180px-AnzuHondaJonouchi.png Seto Kaiba with the Blue-Eyes White Dragon and Egyptian God Monster Obelisk the Tormentor. b115.jpg other important characters to come. And I hate Yu-Gi-Oh! GX but here's a shot of the main character Jaden Yuki, wielding his Elemental Hero Burstinatrix card judaicard.jpg Feel free to discuss the anime series, manga, OCG/TCG, sanctioned events such as Sneak Previews, Regionals and Shonen Jump Championships, etc.! Upcoming Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Regionals: Registration is 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM March 25, 2006 - Pittsburgh, PA March 25, 2006 - College Park, GA - at Pro Circuit Atlanta March 26, 2006 - College Park, GA - at Pro Circuit Atlanta April 01, 2006 - Windsor, Ontario, Canada April 09, 2006 - Columbus, OH May 13, 2006 - Columbus, OH May 14, 2006 - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada May 14, 2006 - Detroit, MI May 14, 2006 - Pittsburgh, PA Upcoming Yu-Gi-Oh! Shonen Jump Championships: May 06 - 07, 2006 - Columbus, OH August 12 - 13, 2006 - GenCon Indianapolis - Indianapolis, IN August 26 - 27, 2006 - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada Upcoming Yu-Gi-Oh! Sneak Previews: Doors open at 8:00 AM; play begins immediately May 13, 2006 - Columbus, OH May 13-14, 2006 - Detroit, MI May 14, 2006 - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada May 14, 2006 - Pittsburgh, PA for more information, don't hesitate to ask in this thread or visit Professional-Events.com for more info!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DOVAHKIIN

Both Upper Deck Entertainment and Konami are really strict against FTK/OTK decks, hence the ban/weakening of One Turn Mill (deckout), Scientist, Makyura, etc.

This has resulted in Last Turn officially banned in Japan, since the OCG banlist over there came into effect March 1st. They should release the TCG banlist over here in a few weeks, probably a week before April 1st. The TCG list is the same as the OCG, with a few tweaks.

I'll post up JPN's new current list when my sources aren't lagging.

Guest Tetra

I'm not a hardcare YGO fan (as in, I don't follow all these acronyms or the most recent banlists in Japan and North America, etc.), but all I care about is my n00b deck kicking richard simmons :lol:

Who knew my hysteric fairy could kick those cheap zombie decks with 3x reinforcements + 3x rush recklessly in the deck along with the fearsome DE-SPELL.

Strike Ninja decks are annoying, and so are burn + direct attacker decks. Eww to 3x flame sprites + g.bind + equip cards on direct attackers >__<

My friend runs that kind of deck...so there's cannon soldiers + mecha dog combos along with premature and call just for added bonus, and giant trunade + des koala with a card destruction finish >__<

And don't forget the 300 extra damage everytime your opponent inflicts damage to your LP through a card's effect, and skull invitation.

It's total gheyness to the max ...................

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Burn decks are easy to get around simply by siding in Wave-Motion Cannons, Des Wombats, Mystic Swordsman LV 2 and a few Mobius.

Eww ugly Zombie deck, that screams for bad top decking. But remember, rip off kids for their Spirit Reapers! ^__^V

Japan's recent and current ban list, in effect since March 1st.

Our list until April 1st (Changes every April 1st and October 1st)

Remember not to hate on these lists people, this is what keeps the game balanced (At least from Konami and Upper Deck's perspectives)

Funny enough they use a ban list in Yugioh GX also :crazy:

Interesting banlist... They decided to bring Mirror Force back and ban Dark Hole again... I wonder if people are still going to run countless Sakaretsu Armors... Holy crap, Graceful Charity is back again! Dark World decks are going to love that! Also, its good to see Magician of Faith and Nobleman of Crossout off the restricted to 1 list... As for Time Seal's ban and Drop Off being restricted... I guess they want to limit the amount of hand control with all the Dark World running around and Pot of Greed being banned?

All in all, I like how this banlist is looking... I just wish Book of Moon could at least be semi-restricted...

It looks like I could start remake my Shadowslayer deck... I just have to get 2 more enemy controllers to replace 2 Book of Moon... It worked great even though people thought I was crazy to make a deck based on that monster... Most of the time I had 2 Shadowslayers out... Usually one was brought out by Mystic Tomato and the other was usually in my hand... With Multiple Swords of Concealing Light, Book of Moon (only 1 now), and Enemy Controller, my opponent was unable to attack... It was also great when I brought out swords because I could run over those face down monsters with Enraged Battle Ox and Mystic Swordsman Lv2... It was the best before Scapegoat was restricted... Since everyone in my meta ran 3, They were useless against Shadowslayer and Enraged Battle Ox... 1400 direct and 1700 trample... That is awesome... Talk about people goat-locking themselves... This deck just destroyed Chaos and Zombie with ease... I have yet to test it against Dark World and current CC decks with Cyber Dragon... I'm surprised that card wasn't limited at all... I'd like to get far with a shadowslayer deck at regionals...

Guest DOVAHKIIN

No there's the whole Tsukiyomi-Mask Of Darkness-Time Seal/Drop Off lock thing some people run=/

Dark Hole is too game breaking and powerful, as soon as you pick it up, you can use it to wipe out your opponent's monsters on your own turn. Mirror Force on the other hand, can easily be wiped out by Dust Tornado, MST, or a Mobius when it's set.

2 Enemy Controllers = $$$ :sweatingbullets: Try and find Windstorm of Etaqua, which is still pretty hard to find, considering it's an old promo, but Zero Gravity would also do.

Mind you, up until Oct 1st 2005, we followed the exact same list as Japan, but upon that date, Upper Deck decided to ban Pot of Greed while Japan still had it :angry: So expect a few additions/subtractions to the list in a few weeks.

Dark World can kiss my richard simmons, to counter the deck, I just side in 2 of The End of Anubis or stack their fields with Ojama tokens.

Blast you Konami for making broken cards and then trying to 'repair' the game

Soul Control pwns n00bs :D

Dark Hole is too game breaking and powerful, as soon as you pick it up, you can use it to wipe out your opponent's monsters on your own turn. Mirror Force on the other hand, can easily be wiped out by Dust Tornado, MST, or a Mobius when it's set.

2 Enemy Controllers = $$$ :sweatingbullets: Try and find Windstorm of Etaqua, which is still pretty hard to find, considering it's an old promo, but Zero Gravity would also do.

Soul Control pwns n00bs :D

Yeah, there isnt much to counter dark hole... No one really runs Magic Drain or Jammer anymore, and the only decent magic counter card that exists is Imperial Order and thats banned....

As for Enemy Controller, I'd prefer those over Zero Gravity and Windstorm because I run Royal Decree and I don't want to have too many traps... I'd prefer to use defensive magic cards as they are not so easy to counter... Unless I run into Horus... Then I would side Zero Gravity and Windstorm...

The usual traps

1x CotH

1x Mirror Force

1x Royal Decree

1x Torrential Tribute

2x Bottomless Trap Hole/Trap Hole

Guest DOVAHKIIN

I. Forbidden Cards

You cannot use these cards in your Deck, Fusion Deck or Side Deck.

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

Butterfly Dagger - Elma

Change of Heart

Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End

Delinquent Duo

Fiber Jar

Graceful Charity

Harpie's Feather Duster

Imperial Order

Magical Scientist

Makyura the Destructor

Mirage of Nightmare

Mirror Force

Monster Reborn

Painful Choice

Pot of Greed

Raigeki

Ring of Destruction

Sinister Serpent

The Forceful Sentry

Tribe-Infecting Virus

Witch of the Black Forest

Yata-Garasu

NEW! - Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, Delinquent Duo, Graceful Charity, Mirror Force, Pot of Greed, Ring of Destruction, Sinister Serpent, Tribe-Infecting Virus

II. Limited Cards

You can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck, Fusion Deck & Side Deck combined.

Book of Moon

Book of Taiyou

Breaker the Magical Warrior

Call of the Haunted

Card Destruction

Ceasefire

Confiscation

Cyber Jar

D. D. Warrior Lady

Dark Hole

Dark Magician of Chaos

Deck Devastation Virus

Exchange of the Spirit (Available at Shonen Jump's Elemental Energy Sneak Preview!)

Exiled Force

Exodia the Forbidden One

Heavy Storm

Injection Fairy Lily

Jinzo

Left Arm of the Forbidden One

Left Leg of the Forbidden One

Lightning Vortex

Limiter Removal

Mage Power

Magic Cylinder

Magician of Faith

Metamorphosis

Morphing Jar

Mystical Space Typhoon

Night Assailant

Nobleman of Crossout

Premature Burial

Protector of the Sanctuary

Reckless Greed

Reflect Bounder

Right Arm of the Forbidden One

Right Leg of the Forbidden One

Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys

Sangan

Scapegoat

Snatch Steal

Swords of Revealing Light

Thousand-Eyes Restrict

Torrential Tribute

Tsukuyomi

Twin-Headed Behemoth

United We Stand

NEW! - Book of Moon, Book of Taiyou, Confiscation, Dark Hole, Exchange of the Spirit, Limiter Removal, Magician of Faith, Metamorphosis, Nobleman of Crossout, Scapegoat, Thousand-Eyes Restrict, Tsukuyomi, Night Assailant

III. Semi-Limited Cards

You can ONLY use two of the following cards in the Deck, Fusion Deck & Side Deck combined.

Abyss Soldier

Creature Swap

Emergency Provisions

Good Goblin Housekeeping

Gravity Bind

Last Turn

Level Limit - Area B

Manticore of Darkness

Reinforcement of the Army

Upstart Goblin

NEW! - The following cards are no longer Semi-Limited: Dark Scorpion - Chick the Yellow, Marauding Captain, Vampire Lord

This is what we're currently still playing with but it'll change this upcoming April 1st though

Guest Tetra

Yeah, there isnt much to counter dark hole... No one really runs Magic Drain or Jammer anymore, and the only decent magic counter card that exists is Imperial Order and thats banned....

As for Enemy Controller, I'd prefer those over Zero Gravity and Windstorm because I run Royal Decree and I don't want to have too many traps... I'd prefer to use defensive magic cards as they are not so easy to counter... Unless I run into Horus... Then I would side Zero Gravity and Windstorm...

The usual traps

1x CotH

1x Mirror Force

1x Royal Decree

1x Torrential Tribute

2x Bottomless Trap Hole/Trap Hole

Haha, I've got a drain and jammer looming in my deck :lol:

I got my deck for free cause I just took crap that people didn't want, and it actually does damage.

Trap holes seriously annoy people.

Yeah, Magic Jammer isn't that great... However I would only use it in a deck that needs stuff like Gravity Bind, Level Limit Area B, and Messenger of Peace on the field... but really, Magic Reflector might be a better option even though thats a -1 card... The only 1 for 2 that I usually play is Raigeki Break...

Guest Tetra

It's not bad in a strike ninja deck though.

Search for the scout planes + ninja and you can basically steer the game with those 1 for 2's.

It's not bad in a strike ninja deck though.

Search for the scout planes + ninja and you can basically steer the game with those 1 for 2's.

That is true... I don't really know a good strike ninja build though... I wish painful choice was still around...

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Strike Ninja's actually pretty good in the current meta. Some people run 1 in their Warrior Toolbox/Tomato Control decks because of all the 1 for 1 cards their opponents use. Plenty of poofs for the Ninja:

standard dark lineup:

2 Mystic tomato

2-3 Spirit reaper

1 Sangan

1 Newdoria

1 D.D Survivor

1-2 Chaos Sorcerer

1-2 Don Zaloog

1 Breaker the Magical Warrior

Other possible cards people run: Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer, Zombyra the Dark, Jinzo, Dark Jeroid.

Strike Ninja's a great card late game, I remember having intense difficulty getting rid of him from my opponent. Of course if you keep poofing the Ninja, that may gave your opponent a free shot at life points without backfield protection ;)

I'm not much of a fan of people running it together with Chaos Sorcerer, that could easily backfire if you run out of Dark monsters for either.

To bring out D.D. Scout Planes in a pure Strike Ninja deck, there's Machine Duplication, which isn't that great but nevertheless decent.

Machine Duplication

Normal Spell

Select 1 Machine-Type monster with an ATK of 500 or less on your side of the field and activate this card. You can Special Summon up to 2 cards with the same name from your Deck.

Guest GDlovesBEE

hey i didnt know there was a yugioh thread. rofl. my lil brotehrs LOOVE yugioh. jey is cute for a cartoon character. lol.

i use cemetary bomb. very useful card when your opponet has lot of cards in the graveyard, especially if you use 2 or 3. if i bring out my horus lvl 8 and royal decree, my opponet cant really do much except use monster effects, but i can just use premature to bring my lvl 8, use tsukiyomi, and get rid of my premature

Guest DOVAHKIIN

I discourage the use of Cemetery Bomb, I thought it was a great card too, but if you play the meta like I do, most of your opponent's monsters will be removed from play, on the field, in their hand or back in their deck after Pot of Avarice(s) have been used. Instead of waiting,you'd be better off playing Just Deserts or Secret Barrel but it's recommended not to waste burn cards in your trap lineup, especially if your running Royal Decree. I don't even like running Decree, why not Jinzo?

And you can't bring back Horus LV 8 with Premature Burial.

Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8

Effect Monster (Dragon / FIRE / 8 Stars / ATK 3000 / DEF 1800)

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6". While this card remains face-up on your side of the field, you can negate the activation and effect of any Spell Cards and destroy them.

• Note that "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8" has the word "except" in its Summoning conditions, which means that even if Special Summoned properly, you cannot revive it with "Monster Reborn" afterwards if it is destroyed.

The only card that would allow you to bring back Horus LV 8 is Level Modulation which sucks because your opponent gets to draw 2 cards.

• [Re: Level Modulation] An "LV" monster that normally cannot be Special Summoned except by the method in its text CANNOT be Special Summoned from the Graveyard with "Level Modulation" unless it has been previously Special Summoned by the correct procedure. The "ignore the Summoning conditions" text allows for these monsters to be Special Summoned only after they have been properly Summoned by their own effect. This applies to "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8", "Armed Dragon LV7", "Silent Swordsman LV7", "Silent Magician LV8", and "Winged Kuriboh LV10".

Official rulings btw, so no one tell me that "a guy at the store" or a friend told you so.

Archived