Yu-Gi-Oh! thread

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Guest i.nvalidc.reditc.ard

Okay, I think this is a cool anime, but I don't like the theme of friendship in every episode. That's the only thing wrong. Oh, and the fact that Yugi always wins. Kinda pisses me off... I`uno why, but the anime and bad guys are pretty awesome.

*Go Bakura!*

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DOVAHKIIN

The duels dragged on so long though =/

Yugi: "I play Dark Magician by offering my Queen's Knight and King's Knight!"

Enemy: "Oh no!" *tells his lifestory here that takes up 3/5 of the episode when the duel takes up 1/5*

then all of a sudden..

"TO BE CONTINUED!"

-_-

Guest instantnoodlez

Okay, I think this is a cool anime, but I don't like the theme of friendship in every episode. That's the only thing wrong. Oh, and the fact that Yugi always wins. Kinda pisses me off... I`uno why, but the anime and bad guys are pretty awesome.

*Go Bakura!*

yeah he's the king of games but he has a split personality that duals for him. kaiba would win if he were playing againt yugi and not yami-yugi.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

APRIL 1ST BAN LIST FOR NORTH AMERICA IS OUT... and it sucks because it hasn't fixed the game's broken state

http://www.upperdeckentertainment.com/yugi...vanced_new.aspx

The Advanced Format will be used at premier events, and the World Championship.

ADVANCED FORMAT LIST EFFECTIVE APRIL 1st

I. Forbidden Cards

You cannot use these cards in your Deck or Side Deck:

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of The Beginning

Butterfly Dagger - Elma

Change of Heart

Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of The End

Cyber Jar

Dark Hole

Delinquent Duo

Exchange of The Spirit

Fiber Jar

Harpie's Feather Duster

Imperial Order

Last Turn

Magical Scientist

Makyura The Destructor

Mirage Of Nightmare

Monster Reborn

Painful Choice

Pot Of Greed

Raigeki

Ring Of Destruction

Sinister Serpent

The Forceful Sentry

Time Seal

Tribe-Infecting Virus

Witch Of The Black Forest

Yata-Garasu

NEW! - Cyber Jar, Dark Hole, Exchange of the Spirit, Last Turn, Time Seal

II. Limited Cards

You can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

Book of Moon

Breaker The Magical Warrior

Call Of The Haunted

Card Destruction

Ceasefire

Confiscation

D. D. Assailant

D. D. Warrior Lady

Dark Magician Of Chaos

Drop Off

Exiled Force

Exodia The Forbidden One

Graceful Charity

Heavy Storm

Injection Fairy Lily

Jinzo

Last Will

Left Arm Of The Forbidden One

Left Leg Of The Forbidden One

Level Limit - Area B

Lightning Vortex

Limiter Removal

Mage Power

Magic Cylinder

Mask Of Darkness

Metamorphosis

Mirror Force

Morphing Jar

Mystical Space Typhoon

Night Assailant

Pot Of Avarice

Premature Burial

Protector Of The Sanctuary

Reckless Greed

Right Arm Of The Forbidden One

Right Leg Of The Forbidden One

Sacred Phoenix Of Nephthys

Sangan

Scapegoat

Snatch Steal

Swords Of Revealing Light

Thousand-Eyes Restrict

Torrential Tribute

Treeborn Frog

Tsukuyomi

Twin-Headed Behemoth

United We Stand

NEW! - D. D. Assailant, Drop Off, Graceful Charity, Last Will, Level Limit - Area B, Mask of Darkness, Mirror Force, Pot of Avarice, Treeborn Frog

III. Semi-Limited Cards

You can ONLY use two of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

Apprentice Magician

Creature Swap

Deck Devastation Virus

Emergency Provisions

Good Goblin Housekeeping

Gravity Bind

Magician Of Faith

Manticore Of Darkness

Nobleman Of Crossout

Reflect Bounder

Reinforcement Of The Army

Upstart Goblin

NEW! - Apprentice Magician, Deck Devastation Virus, Magician of Faith, Nobleman of Crossout, Reflect Bounder

NEW! - The following cards are no longer Limited: Abyss Soldier, Book of Taiyou

Damn, I wish they could limit Cyber Dragon... Damn CC decks... I still need enemy controllers... HAHA

And damn, I'd rather have Pot of Greed over Graceful Charity... Freakin' Dark World decks are going to love having Graceful Charity back...

Guest DOVAHKIIN

*Pets his 2 Cyber Dragons that he can still use*

I traded my super rare DR2 Enemy Controller recently for a Brain Control and Cyber Jar that I needed, especially the Brain Control.

Then a week later I found out that Brain Control was a common now, and now they've banned Cyber Jar. =[ I want my Controller back.

Looks like we'll all still end up facing CC decks running 3 smashing ground and 3 sakuretsu armor. And Dark World decks on steroids with Graceful Charity back.

*Pets his 2 Cyber Dragons that he can still use*

I traded my super rare DR2 Enemy Controller recently for a Brain Control and Cyber Jar that I needed, especially the Brain Control.

Then a week later I found out that Brain Control was a common now, and now they've banned Cyber Jar. =[ I want my Controller back.

Looks like we'll all still end up facing CC decks running 3 smashing ground and 3 sakuretsu armor. And Dark World decks on steroids with Graceful Charity back.

I'm surprised people will still be running 3 Sakuretsu Armor even though Mirror Force is back...

Guest DOVAHKIIN

1 for 1 removal is too precious in this game. Most people are currently running 3 Sakuretsu Armors + 1-3 Widespread Ruin (I hate people who run more than one)

So they'll just not run the mediocre-Sakuretsu wannabe Widespread Ruin and run Mirror Force instead :/

I for one am going to try to stay away from the popular CC decks... I've been able to win with a non-cc deck before, and I think I can do it again... And people sure are running a lot traps arent they? 3 Saks, Mirror Force, BTH, Torrential, CotH, etc... Isn't that considering Royal Decree isnt that hard to get?

Guest DOVAHKIIN

While the triple Decree is a popular method, it's watered down by the fact that people run 1-2 Mobius, and you can count it as 3 Mobius if they run Pot of Avarice. Jinzo's an okay counter, but Smashing Grounds usually take it out the turn after.

A new YGO game just came out on the gba, pretty odd, since the GX one came out very recently. Yu-Gi-Oh! Ultimate Masters: World Championship Tournament 2006.

It's a great game, ALL cards are in this game (well except for a few, but all the GOOD cards that werent in it previously are, hello Spirit Reaper!) And there's actually Priority in the game, so you don't get screwed over if they play Bottomless Trap Hole on your BLS. There's no storyline though and you don't walk around with a character like you did in 2005, you duel monsters and their themed decks instead of duelists, which I found crappy.

The game's AI is MUCH SMARTER than previous game versions, but they're still not that hard to beat... when you get good cards.

Give it a try if anyone has a GBA/DS, it's better than Nightmare Troubadour.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

There isn't a true CC anymore, there are subtypes of the style which varies from Soul Control, Warrior Toolbox, Tomato Control, Flip Flop Control, and Magical Pot Turbo.

I'd give some standard builds of all those decks, but the new ban list is coming in effect next week (I was supposed to to go to a tournament right now where the new list was going be in effect but bad weather and house cleaning stopped me)

I am however, in the process of building a Relinquished Deck, one that I intend to make CC players to go "Whoa".

Guest OBSCURE Sin

*Go Bakura!*

Try downloading the original. The dub is awful.

I like Yami no Maliku best:

beautifulashell3ah.jpg

I stopped playing the game after a while, I found it so boring. Luckily that store downtown that held the small amateur tournaments closed up. My friends kept dragging me to them, and I hated it. Twenty people stuffed in a small room playing loooooong card games =_=;

Guest DOVAHKIIN

After playing in the new format yesterday as the ban list came into effect, I'd have to say IT SUCKS.

And Dark World decks are on crack with Graceful Charity

After playing in the new format yesterday as the ban list came into effect, I'd have to say IT SUCKS.

And Dark World decks are on crack with Graceful Charity

I bet. Those decks rejoiced with Graceful Charity back... So many potential +1-4 card advantage possibilites... They could have at least restricted Dark World with Graceful Charity coming back. Or leave Pot of Greed and Keep Graceful Charity banned.

Guest Tetra

They took dark hole out of the banned list and then put it back in.

Totally ruins my lucky topdecking streak.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Everything has to rotate off the list every once in a while.

Except maybe Chaos Emperor Dragon, Yata-Garasu, Raigeki, along with Magical Scientist and any other FTK cards. Those are just frickin' broken.

The thing about Dark World decks is that you can't make a good one from scratch. You gotta experiment constantly with different cards to find the right mix. My best cards sided in against the decks are 2 of The End of Anubis and 2 Solemn Judgments. Furthermore, Dark World decks are on even more crack with TWO Deck Devastation Viruses.

I went 1-3 yesterday, my only win was from beating some kid first round with an Elemental Hero deck. He set like 4 s/t's facedown on his first turn and I didn't even pick up a Heavy Storm or Mobius. I must thank the YGO GX series for inspiring little newbies to try and create their own Elemental Hero decks, entering tournaments to give me free wins xP

They need to restrict Zaborg the Thunder Monarch, that card has become even more abused than Mobius.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Treeborn Frog indeed is abused with Monarchs, but it's easy to dispose with Kycoo, D.D. Warrior Lady or Chaos Sorcerer.

What I saw many people do yesterday was flip up their Magician of Faith, grab back a Graceful Charity then offer it for a Zaborg. Or flip up Old Vindictive Magician, kill one monster, then take out another by bringing out Zaborg, then morph it in to Balter. Or bring out Chaos Sorcerer, remove a monster, then offer it for Zaborg, take out a second one, then swing for 2400

I myself abused my pair of Zaborgs several times, making 2 for 1's by playing Soul Exchange, Brain Control or Snatch Steal to take out two of their monsters. If it was with Snatch Steal or Brain Control, it'd be a 3 for 1 if I was able to attack and destroy their third monster with no drawbacks.

We were all laughing at last year's Nationals Champion who goes to the store but wasn't there since he was attending a Regionals out of town. Apparently even he wanted to abuse the Zaborgs so much that he literally went to the otherside of town to pick up a pair of Zaborgs from a dealer.

Archived