Yu-Gi-Oh! thread

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Very unlikely to cancel it with the Japanese anime still up and running. Maybe they should just cancel GX and focus back on the original storyline

I'd like to see this site where you got your info from, I have my doubts because:

1) The YGO TCG is the #1 TCG in North America, and very likely in the world also

2) The manga is still in print

3) janime.net and pojo.com's got nothing on the series being cancelled, and they're the most well known ygo fansites

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tetra

On another site. It said the kids wb will take it off the air.

Kids wb isn't the only channel that airs it anyways.

No wait...they're the company that does the dub right...o_O

I don't follow YGO anymore -_-

Guest knockblock

Will here is the one I'm talking about.

CW Sticks With Kids WB!

John Consoli

APRIL 24, 2006 -

The new Kids WB! five-hour, Saturday morning block airing on CW this fall will include three new series from Warner Bros. Animation and a new group of programs that comply with the government’s children’s education initiative.

Gone will be longtime Kids WB! staples Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh!, both which have been falling steadily in the ratings.

The three new series will be Legion of Super Heroes, based on the DC Comics characters, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!, and Tom and Jerry Tales. The block will kick off at 7 a.m. with a “Pillow Head” hour made up of educational programming. Kids WB! will announce at a later date shows that appear in that hour. The net has tapped a kids programming media advisor to help select programs that meet the federal requirements. Kids WB! will also offer the TV premiere of Monster Allergy, a half-hour show based on the comic book series and produced by Rainbow S.r.l., but it will not be part of the Pillow Head hour.

Betsy McGowen, senior vp and general manager of Kids WB! on CW, the same position she held when the block aired on the WB, said the decision to keep the Kids WB! name after the network ceases to exist was made after surveys showed that the name scored high in recognition among kids 6-11. “With CBS changing to DIC-produced kids programming and NBC dropping Discovery on Saturday mornings, we felt it would be best to keep the name consistent,” said McGowen.

The focus of the block will be boys 6-11, but McGowen said many of the shows have elements that appeal to girls, too. The decision to drop Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh! was based on soft ratings and a desire to bring in more Warner Bros. Animation shows that lets the network and the kids block more easily extend the brand with in-house digital rights. “We are still developing with outside producers, but we are working more closely with Warner Bros. Animation,” McGowen said.

McGowen said Kids WB! will not have a formal upfront sales presentation for the new fall schedule, but said that sales and programming executives have already conducted 15 presentations in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles, with assorted media agencies and media executives.

On the new fall schedule, the Pillow Head hour will air from 7-8 a.m., followed by Tom and Jerry Tales at 8, Monster Allergy at 8:30 a.m., returning shows Xiaolin Showdown at 9 and Loonatics Unleashed at 9:30, Shaggy & Scooby-Doo at 10, returning Johnny Test at 10:30, Legion of Super Heroes at 11, and returning The Batman at 11:30.

You'll notice the date was a month ago.

Tetra, 4kids is the one with did the dubbing.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Warner Bros. aren't the only ones who show YGO though. Cartoon Network (US), YTV(Canada), and Nickelodeon (UK and Austrailia) show it also.

I know why they've dropped in ratings: Pokemon is going nowhere with its repetitive plot (Team Rocket every episode after Pikachu...) and many YGO fans have given up on the series with the lame GX series.

But who knows, if WB really wants to drop their only 2 good anime programs, so be it.

Guest Tetra

What kind of BS are they replacing it with? :lol:

Maybe if they chose some *good* anime, they wouldn't be losing ratings.

Guest knockblock

Looks like the episodes are going to run all the way to the last then it will be taken off. So I guess it will be bye bye Yugioh and bye bye Pokemon. I wonder if they'll put it on CN again.

Guest Tetra

Wow man I don't even have a quarter of those cards -_-

People really spend too much on a TCG. But I suppose the prize is worth it if you win.

Topdecking is my skill >_>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DOVAHKIIN

The 2006 US Nationals are in San Francisco, California next weekend.

For more information, visit the official UDE site with the info

http://www.upperdeckentertainment.com/yugi...us/default.aspx

or check out professional-events.com for the info, just as reliable and easier to understand

http://professional-events.com/UDE/Special...Nats06Front.htm

If you don't have your invite, you can still try at the Last Chance Qualifier regionals the day before nationals. Single elimination, $15 USD, 1-4th place get their invites. There are four LCQ's that you can play in, so if you get knocked out of the 1st one, you can wait for the 2nd, pay and try in that one, and so on for 3rd and 4th.

At 4 pm on the day of Nationals, there will be a Regionals held where invites count for next year's Nationals. T

There is also a 13 and under regionals, functions the same as a normal regs, but with an age limit (Worst. Idea. Ever. I do not wanna read up about little kids getting their invites through lucksacking, topdecking, etc. with an Elemental Hero deck)

The Sunday (June 4th) after Nationals, there will be a Hurricane Katrina Relief regionals. Invites earned will be for next year's Nationals.

Again there is a 13 and under regionals also held at this time.

So for all American players, whether you're close to San Francisco, or a few states away and willing to drive there, don't miss a chance to make Nationals, and possibly be one of the Top Four to go to the Worlds Championship in Japan!

Here in Canada, Nationals are being held on June 25th in Hamilton, Ontario. For info on it, visit http://professional-events.com/UDE/Special...Nats06Front.htm

I won't be attending this one, I don't have my invite and I don't wanna drive back to Hamilton to get one at the regionals on June 11th.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DOVAHKIIN

HAHAHAH emon. Everyone's been flaming his ego on the pojo forums since he won the SJC. Cocky fellow. Oh and forget the pojo reviewers, they're... BAD. ExMinionofDarkness is a total jackass, although he does know what he's talking about usually. Dark Paladin is a scrub and doesn't know anything about the metagame. The rest are similar to Dark Paladin, not knowing what they're talking about. I miss Jaelove's and Tranorix's reviews =[

Anyways, US Nats results...

YGOSM_PBC7828.jpg

June 03, 2006

It’s over, and the newest US National Champion is also by far the youngest!

Austin Kulman, age eleven, defeated Overdose’s Emon Ghaneian and Comic Odyssey’s Matt Laurents on his way to the finals. Beating each in game three of their respective Top 8 matches with a Return from the Different Dimension play for the win, his ingenuity, control, foresight, and raw talent combined with a bit of luck and fate to let him dominate two of the country’s most respected duelists. Beating the odds-on favorite Emon Ghaneian, and then coming back from incredible card disadvantage against Laurents, he put forth a stunning showing that is even impressing online critics.

He then moved on to face Team Unseen’s Mark Garcia, the only duelist in the Top 8 to not run Return from the Different Dimension. Heavily teched against Return, he was packing a ton of defensive spells and three Royal Decree to shut down the potent swings in momentum that Return generates. His deck was designed to beat exactly what Kulman was running. Losing the first duel, Kulman managed to fight his way back to a 2-1 victory after some clever side decking and incredible play decisions, claiming victory in a matchup that a lesser duelist would have lost.

Never before has a US Champion been so embraced by the other competitors. Chants of the champion’s name, cheers, and comments of praise followed Kulman all day long, only intensifying every time he won a match. When he claimed the US title with a final blow to Garcia’s life points, the crowd filling the Dueling Dome utterly exploded, with cheers so loud they shook the Dueling Dome to its very foundations.

Now, after competing against each other with such amazing intensity, Mark Garcia, Matt Laurents, Miguel Flores, and Austin Kulman will have to realign their focus. As of this morning, they were all opponents. But as of right now, with the tournament finished, they’ll need to become a team. After last year’s disappointing showing from American representatives at Worlds, this varied batch of will be responsible for improving the country’s international track record.

A nation’s hopes ride on their shoulders.

Our congratulations to all the competitors who played in the 2006 US National Championships, with a special tip of the hat to the new American champion, Austin Kulman!

from http://metagame.com/yugioh.aspx?tabid=61&EventId=140

For more on Nationals, check out the rest of it in that link.

Top 8 deck lists can be found here http://metagame.com/yugioh.aspx?tabid=33&ArticleId=5910

... another year with another nationals without much originality.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DOVAHKIIN

... So I missed Nationals this year due to the closest Regionals being a town away (Hamilton and not Toronto, wtf)

congrats to Calvin Tsang the 2006 Canadian Yu-Gi-Oh Champion

Calvin-Tropy.jpg

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Actually the Top 8 decklists were very innovative compared to the American nationals decklist.

I'd also like to mention that this is Calvin's second straight appearance in the Top 8 at Canadian Nationals, he finished 4th last year.

Dexter Dalit, last year's Champion, came 3rd.

for the decklists, check http://metagame.com/yugioh.aspx?tabid=61&EventId=145

Calvin Tsang's deck:

Monsters - 21

3 Cyber Dragon

2 Chaos Sorcerer

1 Zaborg the Thunder Monarch

1 Mobius the Frost Monarch

1 Blowback Dragon

3 Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locomotive

1 Magical Merchant

1 Skelengel

1 Magician of Faith

1 Tsukuyomi

1 Cyber-Stein

1 Spirit Reaper

1 Sangan

1 D. D. Warrior Lady

1 Breaker the Magical Warrior

Spells - 17

2 Nobleman of Crossout

2 Enemy Controller

1 Last Will

1 Creature Swap

1 Limiter Removal

1 Heavy Storm

1 Swords of Revealing Light

1 Scapegoat

1 Smashing Ground

1 Book of Moon

1 Confiscation

1 Mystical Space Typhoon

1 Snatch Steal

1 Premature Burial

1 Graceful Charity

Traps - 4

2 Royal Decree

1 Mirror Force

1 Return from the Different Dimension

Side Deck:

1 Night Assailant

1 Chaos Sorceror

1 Zaborg the Thunder Monarch

1 Treeborn Frog

2 Sakuretsu Armor

1 Torrential Tribute

1 Return from the Different Dimension

1 Reinforcement of the Army

1 Mystic Swordsman LV 2

1 D. D. Assailant

1 Chiron the Mage

2 Kuriboh

1 Exiled Force

Fusion Deck:

1 Thousand-Eyes Restrict

3 Dark Balter the Terrible

2 Cyber End Dragon

3 Cyber Twin Dragon

2 Gatling Dragon

3 King Dragun

2 Dark Blade the Dragon Knight

3 Ojama King

3 Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon

2 Master of Oz

2 Darkfire Dragon

1 Flame Ghost

2 Ryu Senshi

2 Fiend Skull Dragon

Here were the Canadian prizes:

natsprizes.jpg

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Yep, with 2-3 Royal Decrees, COTH isn't really needed cause it'll most likely be a dead card when you wanna use it with a Decree sitting face-up. Or you'll have to use it on a crappy monster early so you don't draw into a Decree.

Torrential Tribute... beats me. Most players running a Decree trap lineup would run TT, but it's Calvin and I'm sure he had his reasons.

Archived