[Movie 2006] The Romance 로망스 (Jo Jae Hyun & Kim Ji Soo)

rubie

welcome.gif
THE ROMANCE 로망스 2006
romance_1.jpgDirector Moon Seung-wook, the director of Nabi brings us a new, emotionally charged melodrama starring Kim Ji-su and Jo Jae-hyeon. Yun-hee (Kim Ji-su--This Charming Girl)'s husband loves her so much that she feels suffocated. She becomes so miserable that she eventually comes to believe that suicide is her only way of escape. However, her failed attempt to kill herself leads her to meet inspector Hyeong-jun (Jo Jae-hyeon--Bad Guy, Address Unknown). He sympathizes with her feeling that they are kindred souls and the two soon fall in love, but both realize what they are doing is wrong. Also in the cast are Uhm Hyo-seob (Springtime), Jang Hyeon-seong (The Magicians, Git), Ki Ju-bong (Crying Fist, R-Point) and Yun Jae-mun (Jungle Juice, You Are My Sunshine). Slated for release by CJ Entertainment on March 16. 
Write-up by Tom Giammarco and Darcy Paquet at http://www.koreanfilm.org/new.html
romance_2.jpg
로망스 (The Romance) Director: 문승욱 (Moon Seung-Wook)Cast: 조재현 (Jo Jae-Hyun), 김지수 (Kim Ji-Soo)
Official Website

Movie Stills
Produced By: LJ 필름 (LJ Film)Distributed By: CJ 엔터테인먼트 (CJ Entertainment)Rating: 18 and OverRELEASE: March 16
Informative details posted by X at TwitchFilm

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thx rubie for starting this thread. Jo Jae Hyun is a gd actor heh. I've seen him act as gangster in some series, tis time he's an Inspector ~~

I saw the MV @ the end of Showbiz Extra Arirang last 2 wks & got kinda interested but juz didn't knw wat movie it is, btw wat's the song in the MV & the people singing it? It sounds really familar but juz can't remember.. thx~ I like the song as well.

In the MV it looks like he helped her shoot someone (issit her husband :unsure: ) or was he juz showing her how to shoot?

Gotta haf to wait for the movie to be released b4 we get answers hehe ;)

Thx rubie for starting this thread. Jo Jae Hyun is a gd actor heh. I've seen him act as gangster in some series, tis time he's an Inspector ~~

I saw the MV @ the end of Showbiz Extra Arirang last wk & got kinda interested but juz didn't knw wat movie it is, btw wat's the song in the MV & the people singing it? It sounds really familar but juz can't remember.. thx~ I like the song as well.

It's my pleasure, thanks. :)

Though I don't really follow all JJH's work but from what I've seen, he's really an excellent actor... quite underrated too. And yeah... he'd usually play the part of a mean gangster or a tortured cop. Didn't like his character in Happy Together (drama 1999) but totally pitied him in Snowman (drama 2003).

I love the song used in the MV too... everything just looked awesome. Hopefully, the movie will be as good or even better than it's music presentation.

Not sure who's the artiste singing the track but from what X at Twitchfilm had listed... these might be it.

Music Video (Streaming, 700k, Windows Media)

[다시 사랑할 수 있을까 - 4 Men & Park Jung-Eun]

mms://wms06.bcst.krn.yahoo.com/c/cine21.com/movie/mvideo/2006/01/romance_mv_700k.wmv

Guest chubbyone

I saw the MV @ the end of Showbiz Extra Arirang last 2 wks & got kinda interested but juz didn't knw wat movie it is, btw wat's the song in the MV & the people singing it? It sounds really familar but juz can't remember.. thx~ I like the song as well.

In the MV it looks like he helped her shoot someone (issit her husband :unsure: ) or was he juz showing her how to shoot?

Gotta haf to wait for the movie to be released b4 we get answers hehe ;)

Jo Jae Hyun is such an excellent actor. He acted as the father in the drama 'Piano'

which also have the other wonderful actors such as Go Soo, Jo In Sung and Kim

Ha Neul in it. I strongly recommend this drama to anyone who are fans of any of

these actors. It is one of the best drama I have ever seen. :)

It's my pleasure, thanks. :)

Though I don't really follow all JJH's work but from what I've seen, he's really an excellent actor... quite underrated too. And yeah... he'd usually play the part of a mean gangster or a tortured cop. Didn't like his character in Happy Together (drama 1999) but totally pitied him in Snowman (drama 2003).

I love the song used in the MV too... everything just looked awesome. Hopefully, the movie will be as good or even better than it's music presentation.

Not sure who's the artiste singing the track but from what X at Twitchfilm had listed... these might be it.

Music Video (Streaming, 700k, Windows Media)

[다시 사랑할 수 있을까 - 4 Men & Park Jung-Eun]

mms://wms06.bcst.krn.yahoo.com/c/cine21.com/movie/mvideo/2006/01/romance_mv_700k.wmv

I 1st saw JJH in Happy Together, weak & timid gangster though but as opposed to u, I loved him in Happy Together.... it was when I started noticing him.. I was kinda touched by his love for Kang Sung Yun's character.. in Piano he initially played the same kinda character, a weak gangster.. but he atoned for his mistakes later on & was also a very admirable stepfather to Kim Ha Neul & Jo In Sung though underappreciated.

I agree tht tis actor is underrated.. hopefully the movie will turn out really gd & will do more wonders for him.

Anywayz, thx for the artiste's info for the song in the MV.. I juz realised tht u had included it in ur 1st post hehe.

Jo Jae Hyun is such an excellent actor. He acted as the father in the drama 'Piano'

which also have the other wonderful actors such as Go Soo, Jo In Sung and Kim

Ha Neul in it. I strongly recommend this drama to anyone who are fans of any of

these actors. It is one of the best drama I have ever seen. :)

Oh yea I love Piano as well.. but not so the Go Soo & Kim Ha Neul storyline heh.

Tis is the series when I started noticing Jo In Sung.... ;)

And Jo Jae Hyun as the father of Go Soo & stepfather of KHN & JIS.... he was such an admirable & self sacrificing guy in it.... one of my fave series.

QUOTE(syah4brit @ Mar 13 2006, 03:02 PM) »
I 1st saw JJH in Happy Together, weak & timid gangster though but as opposed to u, I loved him in Happy Together.... it was when I started noticing him.. I was kinda touched by his love for Kang Sung Yun's character.. in Piano he initially played the same kinda character, a weak gangster.. but he atoned for his mistakes later on & was also a very admirable stepfather to Kim Ha Neul & Jo In Sung though underappreciated.

I agree tht tis actor is underrated.. hopefully the movie will turn out really gd & will do more wonders for him.

Anywayz, thx for the artiste's info for the song in the MV.. I juz realised tht u had included it in ur 1st post hehe.

Agree that JJH in Happy Together was really all out for KSY but I'm just biased image ... image ... after he hit LBH to a pulp... even when the latter was KSY's brother. image

But that's how a character should really be... either be loved or hated and he did just that, getting his character the necessary impact. Read a lot about his portrayal in Piano too, unfortunately... it's one series that I've yet to watch.

Can't wait to read the initial response to the screening, it'll be nice to know how he'd fare in a romance such as this one.

romance_12.jpg

^

Thanks junki_saranghae for the photos of JJH & KJS, keep on sharing & posting ok! :)

this movie looks really promising :) i'll wait until i hear some reviews from you guys

There hasn't been anything out yet... from the press or critics, assuming that they had a preview of the movie yesterday. Can't read Korean, have to resort to wild-guesses until something in English appear. :sweatingbullets:

Hopefully it'll be an overall positive and encouraging take... from the MV we can see that the acting of JJH especially is awesome, hope that the script would enhance the storyline of the romance.

THE ROMANCE. Director Moon Seung-wook, the director of Nabi brings us a new, emotionally charged melodrama starring Kim Ji-su and Jo Jae-hyeon. Yun-hee (Kim Ji-su--This Charming Girl)'s husband loves her so much that she feels suffocated. She becomes so miserable that she eventually comes to believe that suicide is her only way of escape. However, her failed attempt to kill herself leads her to meet inspector Hyeong-jun (Jo Jae-hyeon--Bad Guy, Address Unknown). He sympathizes with her feeling that they are kindred souls and the two soon fall in love, but both realize what they are doing is wrong. Also in the cast are Uhm Hyo-seob (Springtime), Jang Hyeon-seong (The Magicians, Git), Ki Ju-bong (Crying Fist, R-Point) and Yun Jae-mun (Jungle Juice, You Are My Sunshine).

Slated for release by CJ Entertainment on March 16.

Write-up by Tom Giammarco and Darcy Paquet at koreanfilm.org

Archived