[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

Guest qianxunzi2000

surprise meeting you here, dear Pucca911~:sweatingbullets:

thanks for your appreciation, it's made by many people and I only did a little part~

----------

and some news for the Robbers:

the drama will be broadcasted in Mnet Japan, on May 30th

normal_633428554353686250.jpg

no surprizing,haha :sweatingbullets: I always visit soompi without any comment :ph34r: I feel a little ashamed to say so..

But this year I don't have as much time as before,so I can only take little time to go with dear dahae :tears: I can't go to shanghai on 4.22 because of

studing...I just have che taking my wishes to her...What's more,I think that you and wwhyuk have made great efforts to finish the magazine^^Thanks to her all the same :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hohomania- OhmyGoodness! Please tell everyone who worked hard on this online magazine... THANK YOU! I know this is an effort of fans of the actors and this show, THANK YOU so much. It's so pretty! THANK YOU again as repetitive as I sound.

I would tell my cousin from Japan to watch Robbers! :lol:

OK~ three or more THANK YOUs, i would keep one for myself :rolleyes: ,

one for wwhyuk as the whole planner for this mag, and the others for everyone else~ :blush:

and maybe you have seen your mvs in this mag, sorry for the bad low quality...

we tried to make them clearer, but failed due to the software restriction... :(

Guest imogene_af

^

Oh it's fine! You've done a wonderful job! Thanks. Hehehe. I didn't expect the videos to be there, I forgot that I gave you guys a copy. Haha.

Thanks hohomania for the info about Robbers. Wow, Robbers finally finds its air time in Japan! Hope it will be well-received there. I am then wondering how audiences in summer would feel for the drama with winter atmosphere... ;)

Guest o-cha

hohomania : thanks for the info about Robbers being broadcasted in Japan. I'm sure Hyuk and Da Hae will get even more popular in Japan after this.

wils : OMG..I didn't realize you changed your banners. Love them!

Found another good official MV for "YOU BAD" by "i".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDKTtKrLpl8

2qcqj61.jpg

2rg19o4.jpg

20hopps.jpg

Usually their other official MVs just seem randomly edited, this was nicely crafted.

Thanks imogene for the link to the mv. I like it! As you said, it is beautifully edited. I thought it was a fanmade mv until seeing the ending with a credit line. ;)

wils : OMG..I didn't realize you changed your banners. Love them!

Thanks for loving my banners. These are the first banners I've made..hehe...

Found another good official MV for "YOU BAD" by "i".

Usually their other official MVs just seem randomly edited, this was nicely crafted.

saw this mv before, when Robbers was broadcasting in korea.

first watched this in korean "mnet" or "mncast"(not remember clearly)

Thanks imogene for the link to the mv. I like it! As you said, it is beautifully edited. I thought it was a fanmade mv until seeing the ending with a credit line. ;)

acturally it's made by fan, wonderful cutting. I also think this Mv is more professional and touching than those things from sbs official website...

and uploaded a wmv format file downloading link, if you want to keep a higher quality version of this Mv:

mediafire downloading link (size: 52.57 MB)

Guest imogene_af

^

That was made by a fan?! It's like so much better than the official SBS one! I looooooved the cutting, especially when he/she interspliced the kisses and the change of Oh Joon.

Thanks for the download link, hohomania.

acturally it's made by fan, wonderful cutting. I also think this Mv is more professional and touching than those things from sbs official website...

and uploaded a wmv format file downloading link, if you want to keep a higher quality version of this Mv:

mediafire downloading link (size: 52.57 MB)

Thanks hohomania for the link! I just dowloaded it to my laptop. Imogene, I also downloaded your mv a while ago! A best choice of music and an excellent job of combining nicely selected scenes with messages. It was very touching. Thank you ;):P

I'm usually a lurker but i decided to post for once...

I think Robbers is such a nice, heart-warming drama despite all the clichés of a k-drama. The story is just so real and u get so engulfed by it that you feel what the characters are feeling every step of the way. I have gained so much respect for Jang Hyuk as an actor after watching this series. I first saw him in Windstruck and then Please Teach Me English and i thought "wow this guy is a pretty good actor....the total package indeed and can play pretty much every character type". He actually made my favourite K-drama actress (and future wife) Lee Da Hae play second fiddle in this series...well maybe not 2nd fiddle....1.5 fiddle maybe? haha =P. I might just check out Thank You in the near future.

As much as I LOVED this drama, i won't lie and say i didnt have doubts based on the low ratings i saw from DramaWiki and a bunch of forum posts. I had just finished watching Hello! Miss and I liked it since Lee Da Hae is just TOOOOOOOOO SMOKIN' CUTE FOR WORDS!!!!! and my personal favourite K-actress since My Girl. I was on a CRAZY LDH high and since I wanted to keep watching her on screen so bad, i was torn between watching Robbers or re-watching Hello! Miss. But i've read about the low ratings so i was kinda skeptical. It turned out that watching Robbers was the best decision because it totally blew me away. LDH in my opinion actually got hotter playing a more mature role as a single mother. I think it suits her very well and her acting in it was more mature. I mean, i like her in cute, hilarious roles but nobody can cry better than Da Hae-ssi in romatic melodramas. She shines so much brighter now in my heart because of this drama. (haha sorry for the CORNYNESS!)

Soondae is soooooo freaking cute!! OMG! No wonder Oh-Joon's change of heart fully started right at that moment when he met her. When she was dancing to that TOMATO song in episode 15 (i think) she was sooooo adorable!!!! and how she always asks "why?" HAHA.

So to sum it up, Robbers is really a must-see for the skeptics who have seeds of doubt planted in them by the tv ratings. It is such a true/believable tale of true love conquering the trials and tribulations of life. The acting is superb and LDH and JH have one of the best on-screen chemistry from all the dramas I've watched. This might be a bold statement to make but in terms of the genre of the drama, I think this one is even better than I'm Sorry, I Love You.....let the floodgates of criticism open....hehehe

But maybe it's all because I FREAKIN LOVE LEE DA HAE I could cry!!! :P

Guest malia

I'm usually a lurker but i decided to post for once...

I think Robbers is such a nice, heart-warming drama despite all the clichés of a k-drama. The story is just so real and u get so engulfed by it that you feel what the characters are feeling every step of the way. I have gained so much respect for Jang Hyuk as an actor after watching this series. I first saw him in Windstruck and then Please Teach Me English and i thought "wow this guy is a pretty good actor....the total package indeed and can play pretty much every character type". He actually made my favourite K-drama actress (and future wife) Lee Da Hae play second fiddle in this series...well maybe not 2nd fiddle....1.5 fiddle maybe? haha =P. I might just check out Thank You in the near future.

As much as I LOVED this drama, i won't lie and say i didnt have doubts based on the low ratings i saw from DramaWiki and a bunch of forum posts. I had just finished watching Hello! Miss and I liked it since Lee Da Hae is just TOOOOOOOOO SMOKIN' CUTE FOR WORDS!!!!! and my personal favourite K-actress since My Girl. I was on a CRAZY LDH high and since I wanted to keep watching her on screen so bad, i was torn between watching Robbers or re-watching Hello! Miss. But i've read about the low ratings so i was kinda skeptical. It turned out that watching Robbers was the best decision because it totally blew me away. LDH in my opinion actually got hotter playing a more mature role as a single mother. I think it suits her very well and her acting in it was more mature. I mean, i like her in cute, hilarious roles but nobody can cry better than Da Hae-ssi in romatic melodramas. She shines so much brighter now in my heart because of this drama. (haha sorry for the CORNYNESS!)

Soondae is soooooo freaking cute!! OMG! No wonder Oh-Joon's change of heart fully started right at that moment when he met her. When she was dancing to that TOMATO song in episode 15 (i think) she was sooooo adorable!!!! and how she always asks "why?" HAHA.

So to sum it up, Robbers is really a must-see for the skeptics who have seeds of doubt planted in them by the tv ratings. It is such a true/believable tale of true love conquering the trials and tribulations of life. The acting is superb and LDH and JH have one of the best on-screen chemistry from all the dramas I've watched. This might be a bold statement to make but in terms of the genre of the drama, I think this one is even better than I'm Sorry, I Love You.....let the floodgates of criticism open....hehehe

But maybe it's all because I FREAKIN LOVE LEE DA HAE I could cry!!! :P

AJM...Hi, Hi...like you I had been lurking in the background for the longest time, just happy reading postings on the Jang Hyuk, Lee Da Hae, Thank You and Robbers thread until I couldn't hold back the flood of emotions anymore in regards to all I listed. O-cha actually was the one whose words opened up the floodgates for me re: the underated acting and awesomeness of Jang Hyuk. So, here I am once again replying because I TOTALLY agree with your thoughts on the excellence of everything Jang Hyuk has done to date, especially his projects post military. I totally love the chemistry between Lee Da Hae and Jang Hyuk..and I am now a fan of Lee Da Hae also. She projects a very likeable persona and this is a good thing because no matter what the role, she will always be easy to like and love. And need I say anymore about the excellent talent of Jang Hyuk? Probably not, but I will...cause I am totally mesmerized in a good way by all that this man is and does. I don't understand Korean but when he is performing, because he speaks with those intense soulful eyes and every part of his body performs, I don't need to speak and read the language..all I need to do is watch the excellent and deep performance of this talented entertainer who has matured in all levels of his life and art and I understand...and of course it doesn't hurt that he and his trademark pout are easy on the eyes..:)

It will always be beyond my comprehension as to why Robbers ratings were so low...all I know is those who did not give this drama a chance missed out on an experience of a lifetime and I hope they will find their way to this drama sometime soon.

Thank you for your thoughts, I enjoyed reading them.....and you need to hunt down Daemang(check out Jang Hyuk's thread Wils has uploaded some episodes of Daemang for downloading), Successful Story of a Bright Girl and of course, the very excellent drama, Thank You,....Jang Hyuk will not disappoint you in these dramas and neither will the other performers..and since you loved little Soondae...you will love another great child actor in Suh Shin Ae performing as Bom in Thank You, she is excellent...check out the Thank You thread..because this drama will be an experience in so many aspects of life and especially acceptance. Again...THANK YOU, AJM!!

Guest imogene_af

AJM- Welcome to the insanity, I am actually a huge Lee Da-hae fan, though I was entertained somewhat with HELLO! Miss I always thought she could do better than that, let's just say I was disappointed. then ROBBERS came along and it really made me love her even more. This is the time wherein she really showed such great complexity playing such a role like Jin Dal Rae. And much thanks to Jang Hyuk too who really made her shine with him.

This is truly such an underrated gem of a drama, I really hope the countries that are going to show it soon will embrace it.

I have a friend who didn't give this a chance before then she decided to watch it... she got totally enthralled and is more obsessed than I am now. :lol: She said watching Robbers isn't really just watching it, it's truly an experience. And I agree. Hehe.

Guest tinamanz

I love the story...

but th truth is I want Lee Da Hae and Kim Jung Tae to be the couple...

I hate the attitude of Jung hyuk...

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! It's always nice talking to fellow drama watchers. It's a shame i only have a few friends that actually watch them. hehe

Malia- yea i might just go check out Thank You as my next drama since everyone's saying its a better story even though JH's acting isn't as good as in Robbers.

Imogene- I was thinking the exact same thing when i watched Hello! Miss actually. I was like "Hmmmm LDH in another Joo Yoo Rin-type role?" but i decided to watch on and I ended up enjoying it since Lee Da Hae is the woman of my dreams. hehehe. But i do agree with u that she can definitely do better than that and boy did she ever deliver in Robbers. I've become even more smitten with her if that's even possible. And yes Robbers is an experience!

I really can't wait for another Da Hae drama. Hopefully she plays somewhat more serious roles in the future but not without glimpses of her comedic side as well because she's just too darn cute for words! Ohh and that smile can melt butter.......

Guest ripgal

Welcome to the thread AJM!

I'm glad you gave Robbers a try.. I'm a HUGE LDH fan as well, so I was equally expecting something from her in this drama. Like imogene, I wasn't exactly AWED by her acting in Hello! Miss, maybe because I thought it lacked maturity. But she proved herself worthy of a versatile actress in Robbers, by showcasing the depth and warmth of a single mother trying to overcome her problems in life. It's really just how she managed to make her character Dal Rae so real and yet dreamy in a sense that it does not sway away from reality combined with fantasy.. Totally suitable for those who are looking for a drama with elements which are not so realistic that it resembles reality too much, but yet give you the feeling of experiencing something that you wish and would not happen in reality at all..

And yes, Da Hae's just a freaking doll. :D

Melts butter huh? hehehee... she melts my heart..

Guest o-cha

AJM : Glad to know you found your way to Robbers. It is such an amazing drama that I can't stress enough to people to go watch it. I am totally awed by the character development in this drama and am more than totally satisfied by the acting in this drama. Jang Hyuk gave a memorable, heart throbbing (okay is that even a word? :lol:) performance as Oh Joon. Lee Da Hae also upped her acting prowess by a thousand times playing the role of Dal Rae. In short the drama is such a wonderful experience.

malia : hehehe...isn't it better now...for you to post your thhoughts rather than keep it to yourself? I'm glad that Jang Hyuk's performance has moved you to start posting and retire your lurker status :lol:

haha O-Cha, I also retired my lurker status coz of Robbers...of all the dramas out there only this one has gotten me to speak up about its amazingness! =P

You'd all be interested to know I'm telling a bunch of people (fellow drama watchers) to watch it as well and tell me what they think. I'm sure they'll like it too.

Once school is over for me, I'll start on Thank You.

(Oh and did I mention that I think Lee Da Hae is soooo freaking adorable?!?! ~_^)

Guest anne0129

I'm so glad ppl gave Robbers a chance.. indeed it was an underappreciated show in Korea. The ending was one of the most realistic ones I've seen, and SOOOOO MUCH better than the disappointing ending of HGD. (I didn't even watch it yet..still contemplating whether to watch it.. because I heard it ended real bad..

how can a fusion comedy end with the 2 main leads dying? crazy..

:crazy:

I also concur with imogene, that LDH's performance in Robbers was beautiful and moving. It was sort of a combination of her character Su Ah in Green Rose and Yoo Rin in My Girl. A bit of the cuteness of YR plus the demure-ness of Su Ah.. the combo was just perfect... a very convincing portrayal of both characters combined in one. Tho not flawless, but still it was a role delivered with heart and conviction.

o-cha, yes yes.. you're right on spot about Da Hae being able to have good chemistry with anybody. I also want her to act with other actors.. About Eric, well.. he's just been casted in a KBS HGD-type drama, called Choi Kang something (it's a fusion comedy as well, and I'm sooo excited.. hahaha..:lol: mind my fangirliness, have been going gaga over Shinhwa these days, and Eric's just YUMMMY :wub:) Well, the female lead has yet to be determined..would it be too much to hope for Da Hae being casted in an ancient drama, with Eric? hehehe.. They were supposed to be in H!M together actually.. but was replaced by Lee Ji Hoon..

quite agree with what is posted... for a fusion comedy with 2 main leads dying...that was the funny thing for me and not in a good way. People!!! HGD is a comedy which means no one usually die....HHHHUUUUHHHHH!!!!!

Yes. LDH clearly has come a long way in terms of acting and I know she can still give more for her fans to love her more. I hope that she gets casted in a new series or movie.

Again, I agree, it does not matter who she is paired up with she still manages to have good on screen chemistry with her leading actor. Yes, I am hoping she can do a series with ERIC or may the one with the lead guy in autumn in my heart a series named...I am not sure if it is East of Eden or Return to Eden but it has the Eden thing in it. I just want to see her in a new series.

Archived