Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

Guest oay11

Lol those Koreans , it's not even a baguette it's Pain de mie ..serionsly though ! Anyway, guys it's my first time posting here ...i'm a new fan of Jun ji hyun and a quite old one for Go ara . I just wanted to know if you guys think that the Sassy girl 2 role should have been offered to Go Ara ( i know that she is busy now shouting her new drama) but if , don't you think that she is the only one capable of handling it well ?

Lol those Koreans , it's not even a baguette it's Pain de mie ..serionsly though !

Anyway, guys it's my first time posting here ...i'm a new fan of Jun ji hyun and a quite old one for Go ara .

I just wanted to know if you guys think that the Sassy girl 2 role should have been offered to Go Ara ( i know that she is busy now shouting her new drama) but if , don't you think that she is the only one capable of handling it well ?

@oay11‌ hahaha sorry chinguss.. I think jun ji hyun unnie irreplaceable.. So far i know about korean actress, no one like her.. Cheon song yi role only best for her even sassy girl role..

Guest oay11

@sartikam I know that she is a really good actress , I love her in my sassy girl and my love from another star . And I'm not saying that Go ara is going to replace her because Ara has her own style too , but if they are going to make a sequel of my sassy girl then why not choosing the best looking and great actress at this moment which is Go ara . Ps: if you don't know her then watch her movies "Pacemaker" , "Papa"and her latest drama "Reply 1994" or so her upcoming drama "You are all surrounded"

@oay11 no offense.. Honestly few years ago i watched go ara drama. But i doesnt really like that drama. "Who are you?" The title of her drama.. Still, i love unnie ji hyun.. Maybe our taste are different.. Hehehe..

Guest oay11

@sartikam I honestly did not watch her drama: who are you ? ..I only watched her latest works and the best is Reply 1994 of course ( i became a fan of hers because of it ),you should watch it it's a really funny drama .People who watched her previous dramas said that she improved a lot ..... Btw,I love unie Gianna jun as well :)

I miss JJH's as CSY very much! and i keep comparing other actress with her-acting wise. sigh..

@agie‌ ..me too,i keep replay her funny part in YWCFTS..seriusly miss her crazy,cute as CSY

@sartikam I honestly did not watch her drama: who are you ? ..I only watched her latest works and the best is Reply 1994 of course ( i became a fan of hers because of it ),you should watch it it's a really funny drama .People who watched her previous dramas said that she improved a lot ..... Btw,I love unie Gianna jun as well

:)

@oay11 go ara improved a lot in her recent drama reply 1994..i also think she can play the role well..btw,welcome to this thread chinggu

Guest ilikemangoss

I thought Go Ara was okay in Who Are You but then i came to love her in Reply 1994 -- i think if there ever really was a sassy girl remake and Go Ara took on the role, i wouldn't be as upset because atleast she'll do well (na jung was miss sassypants) and add her own flair. Truth be told, Jeon Ji Hyun is my ultimate bias so of course no one can replace her, but i'm definitely not going to show distaste to any other actresses that do take on the role. When i heard victoria (i don't even know what she looks like) was going to take it, i had no ill feelings towards her whether or not she could or could not act was not something i was bothered with. There are remakes of popular hits ALL the time, if we compared it to the original we would be sorely disappointed. Either way, i'm looking more forward to Go Ara's You're All Surrounded -- it's my most anticipated drama in the upcoming crop of dramas.

Bottom line: I love both actresses! Welcome @oay11 to the thread. :)

There's news about Jun Ji Hyun will appear on Anhui TV's Super Speaker (a chinese reality show)
The contestants on "Super Speaker" are competing against one another in their ability to give public speeches & respond to challenging questions
Her shooting schedule is for the final of this show in May. I guess she will appear as the judge? I haven't watched this show yet, lol

JUN JI HYUN voted as 2014 best organized actress (by professionals in the TV drama industry!)(05.04.2014, original Korean news: http://www.tvreport.co.kr/cindex.php?c=news&m=newsview&idx=482588)
20140404_1396621015_64430200_1.jpg
"Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun voted as 2014 best organized actors, to prove the power of You Who Came from the Stars couple.
The survey was conducted from March 10th to 21st and the respondents are 30 PDs from MBC, KBS, and SBS, plus 10 other people in the industry. The actors were evaluated by the respondents in terms of acting/performance, recognition, and stardom.
The rank for male actors:
Kim Soo Hyun (31 votes)Lee Byung Hun (17 votes)Hyun Bin (14 votes)Lee Min Ho and Jo In Sung (10 votes)Kim Woo Bin (7 votes)
The rank for female actors
Jeon Ji Hyun (19 votes)Ha Ji Won (17 votes)Song Hye Kyo (10 votes)Gong Hyo Jin (7 votes)Suzy (6 votes)Congrats to our CheonDo couple!
(Source: tvreport.co.kr)
Congrats to our OTP!
From Star SooHyun Tumblr."
Credit: @hyun2friendshipshipper from You Who Came From the Stars Thread---------------------------------and more information I got from weibo with a translated Chinese version of the news:
Summary:-- the voters would refer to actors' performance in TV for the past 5 years to cast their votes- Some voted for JJH have the following comments:-i) As an actress, JJH is a trend not only in Korea, but also Internationallyii) She is an actress who does not need a scriptiii) You can see how strong her presence is from "You Who Came From the Stars"iv) It is an appropriate choice to vote for JJH, who surpasses most of the actors in Korea.v) Through "You Who Came From the Stars", JJH showed a combination of stardom and acting skills, which is rare in TV dramavi) It is unusual that through just one TV drama one can show the stardom and outstanding acting skills.
newspaper editor comment: JJH's return after 14 years is very successful.  Despite she doesn't really fit the "past 5 years performance in TV" criteria as her last drama was back to 1999 and since then she was in movies and CFs only, she is chosen as no.1 with her performance in "You Who Came from the Stars".
SO JJH WITH THE PERFORMANCE IN ONE SINGLE TV DRAMA TAKES THE CROWN from a polling where it is for the voters to REFER TO THE PAST FIVE YEARS' PERFORMANCE OF THE ACTORS IN TV TO MAKE THEIR CHOICE !!! SOOOOOO GODDESS!!!

loyun said: JUN JI HYUN voted as 2014 best organized actress (by professionals in the TV drama industry!)(05.04.2014, original Korean news: http://www.tvreport.co.kr/cindex.php?c=news&m=newsview&idx=482588)
20140404_1396621015_64430200_1.jpg
"Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun voted as 2014 best organized actors, to prove the power of You Who Came from the Stars couple.
The survey was conducted from March 10th to 21st and the respondents are 30 PDs from MBC, KBS, and SBS, plus 10 other people in the industry. The actors were evaluated by the respondents in terms of acting/performance, recognition, and stardom.
The rank for male actors:
Kim Soo Hyun (31 votes)Lee Byung Hun (17 votes)Hyun Bin (14 votes)Lee Min Ho and Jo In Sung (10 votes)Kim Woo Bin (7 votes)
The rank for female actors
Jeon Ji Hyun (19 votes)Ha Ji Won (17 votes)Song Hye Kyo (10 votes)Gong Hyo Jin (7 votes)Suzy (6 votes)Congrats to our CheonDo couple!
(Source: tvreport.co.kr)
Congrats to our OTP!
From Star SooHyun Tumblr."
Credit: @hyun2friendshipshipper from You Who Came From the Stars Thread---------------------------------and more information I got from weibo with a translated Chinese version of the news:
Summary:-- the voters would refer to actors' performance in TV for the past 5 years to cast their votes- Some voted for JJH have the following comments:-i) As an actress, JJH is a trend not only in Korea, but also Internationallyii) She is an actress who does not need a scriptiii) You can see how strong her presence is from "You Who Came From the Stars"iv) It is an appropriate choice to vote for JJH, who surpasses most of the actors in Korea.v) Through "You Who Came From the Stars", JJH showed a combination of stardom and acting skills, which is rare in TV dramavi) It is unusual that through just one TV drama one can show the stardom and outstanding acting skills.
newspaper editor comment: JJH's return after 14 years is very successful.  Despite she doesn't really fit the "past 5 years performance in TV" criteria as her last drama was back to 1999 and since then she was in movies and CFs only, she is chosen as no.1 with her performance in "You Who Came from the Stars".
SO JJH WITH THE PERFORMANCE IN ONE SINGLE TV DRAMA TAKES THE CROWN from a polling where it is for the voters to REFER TO THE PAST FIVE YEARS' PERFORMANCE OF THE ACTORS IN TV TO MAKE THEIR CHOICE !!! SOOOOOO GODDESS!!!

Guest yun890

Ji Hyun's effort for YWCFTS in 3 months won over the other actresses' effort in 5 years, haha

Ji Hyun ah, it's unfair :))

It's our goddess powerfull,hahahha

She deserved to be no 1. She show the natural acting skill on YWCFTS. Like we all said before. No one can play a role of cheon song yi. Its chara create just only for JJH. Thats why she deserved to be no 1, eventhou she just did cf+movie for 5years...

Bow down for uri goddess

=D> =D>

class="at_ttl"Jun Ji Hyun, Park Shin Hye & Lee Young Ae Takes Over ChinaBy Staff Writer | Apr 02, 2014 01:45 PM EDT

Jun Ji Hyun, Park Shin Hye & Lee Young Ae Takes Over China

The three beautiful actresses are taking over China. Along with the Korean "flower actors" Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho, Kim Woo Bin, and Lee Jong Suk, who are experiencing high popularity in China, the actresses Jun Ji Hyun, Park Shin Hye and Lee Young Ae are also amassing high popularity in China.

Actress Jun Ji Hyun is currently the number one top actress in China, for her role as Chun Song Yi in the popular SBS drama "You who came from the stars." The number of views for the online episodes of the popular SBS drama "You who came from the stars" is easily over 2.5 billion, and her line in the drama, "I want to eat chicken and beer when there is the first snow of the season," made millions of Chinese people eat chicken and beer. The popularity of actress Park Shin Hye of the popular SBS drama "The Heirs" and actress Lee Young Ae who is rumored to film "Dae Jang Geum 2" is high as well. In related news, actress Park Shin Hye yesterday released her first single digital album.

cr : http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/18720/20140402/jun-ji-hyun-park-shin-hye-lee-young-ae-takes.htm

Guest lisagi

It's our goddess powerfull,hahahha

She deserved to be no 1. She show the natural acting skill on YWCFTS. Like we all said before. No one can play a role of cheon song yi. Its chara create just only for JJH. Thats why she deserved to be no 1, eventhou she just did cf+movie for 5years...

Bow down for uri goddess

=D> =D>

Totally agree =D> and whenever I heard or read the word 'goddess' my mind always think of JJH. She is truly the first nature goddess. Formerly I have some favorite actress including her but now (and forever) she is the number one.

Industry Insiders Vote for Top Actor and Actress in New Poll – Find Out Who Is #1 

cr : http://www.soompi.com/2014/04/05/industry-insiders-vote-for-top-actor-and-actress-in-new-poll-find-out-who-is-1/#.U0D-ds5kF8E

TV Report asked producers and industry insiders to pick their top “overall actors.” For two weeks in March, producers from SBS, MBC, and KBS, along with other entertainment industry officials, participated in a survey to choose the current top actor and actress from dramas. The voters were asked to choose the “overall actor and actress” based on three criteria: acting ability, name recognition, and star quality. 

TV Report has done this survey annually, to shed light on which actors and actresses have been doing well the past few years. The leading man and woman in a drama can be crucial to a drama’s success. Broadcasters are more likely to choose a more well known actors to increase the drama’s recognition and opportunities for sponsorship and commercial investment. It is the actor and actress’ name power that will draw interest into the drama, and then their performance and the script will carry the drama into its ratings. 

Click through the pages to see who the top 18 actors and 15 actresses the producers and industry officials voted for. See if you can guess who is their choice for #1 Actor and Actress.

........................................SKIP UNRELATED

junjihyun2

1. Jun Ji Hyun – 19 votes

Recent drama: “Man From the Stars” (2013)

If you’re going to make a drama comeback after 14 years, you better make it big. That is exactly what Jun Ji Hyun did with “Man From the Stars.” Like her partner, Kim Soo Hyun, Jun Ji Hyun takes the number one place. Although she was an iconic actress before, Jun Ji Hyun moved to legendary status after being Korea’s #1 style icon and inspiration. Only Jun Ji Hyun could take Ha Ji Won’s previous number one spot. 

NOTE: This is the same article as post here, but cover by different news.

lisagi said:

Guest agie1430292211

I second that, brother! :)

stuartjmz said: I rewatched most of YWCFTS  last night, the OTP parts anyway, and I was once again struck by what a brilliant comic performance it was from JJH. For me, she was 90% of the reason the show worked and 95% of the reason I stuck with it long wnough to see it work. I was worried during my rewatching that I might wake my wife with my laughing at Song Yi's antics. If, and it's a BIG if, JJH does another DRama, I really hope that she devlops this underutilised skill still further, showing the world that it's not just "girls who wanna have fun" but mature women too. :