Does Anyone Remember Jini From Kiss? She Might Debut In The States!

Guest MoMo_85

i really hope she succeeds
i´m sure everyone knows their song 'because i´m a girl'. if not, search it up on youtube. this song was a huge success, but they broke up soon after their debut and all of them except Jini left j-entercom. apparently she´s is negotiating a new contract deal now. if everything goes well, she´ll make a us debut! let´s wish her good luck! she really deserves it!

source: http://www.jinimusic.com

also check out her two myspaces http://www.myspace.com/preciousjinimusic

http://www.myspace.com/jinimusic2 for english songs written and composed by herself

Questions and Answers taken from her xanga http://www.xanga.com/PrEciOuS_JiNi

Q: Are u a K.I.S.S Member?

A: I was a K.I.S.S Member... Back in April of 2002, Mini and Keum-Ji (Umji's real name)... Were released from their contracts. Our last appearence on television was on Music Camp at the end of March. Mini is now currently working -- not in the entertainment field -- Keum-Ji has enrolled back in school... Neither one of them will be able to do anything in the entertainment field until 2005-2006, and that's IF they even decide to do anything with the Entertainment industry. (And i will not answer why, they were released from their contracts... as to respect their privacy).

Q: When is your solo album coming out?

A: It was supposed to be released in 2003, then it kept getting delayed, and delayed and delayed... and delayed. My former record company, J-Entercom Entertainment did not know how to market me so I ended up doing behind the scenes work for other Artists under my former label.

I am still in Ohio (where I have been since my return from Korea in January of 2005), a few negotiations fell through in 2006, so now I'm trying my best options to get back into music scene.

Q: Are you in Korea?

A: No. I came back in 2005 and had a short meeting in Beverly Hills with a company, then I came here to my home state of Ohio. =) I have taken a long hiatus from the music scene. (Look above for the update )

Q: Do you have a boyfriend?

A: Hehehe. ^_^ I have not only a boyfriend, but my best-friend, my anchor, and my ultimate supporter all rolled into one. And yes, we're still together. (Since March 7th, 2005)

Q: What religion are you?

A: An 'unorthodox' Christian...though I don't go to church. Why? After going to my mother's Korean Methodist church for 16 years, I stopped going because of all the hypocrisy. I'd rather just live my life as a good person and learn from my mistakes myself, and believe in Karma and the good will of my own humanity rather than having someone try to 'teach' and 'preach' me on how I 'should' be believing in something.

Does this mean that I harbor any ill-feelings against those who do go to church? No. More props to them if they go and actually follow through on what they truly believe. For the others though... ugh. I'm happy with reading the bible time to time by myself and saying prayers to God. Dayam...I just totally went off tangent, Oh wellz. hehehehe. In short, I'm religious and believe in God and Jesus Christ, but I do not go to church.

Q: I want to become a Singer in Korea, how did you do it?

A: This question will be answered in full... but for now, go to www.brosent.com and fill in the application, submit a demo.

Q: Why don't you try singing in the USA?

A: I've had opportunities in the past to do so... and I had to decline, or whatever. Revert a few questions up, and you'll see the update!

Q: What company are you in, and Who's in it?

A: I'm not signed with any company. I've been a free agent since October of 2005. I used to be under J-Entercom Entertainment. The singers in the company were Wax, The Jadu, Mina, Kim Gun-Mo, Lee Ssang, Double K and Myself. MINA left J-Entercom shortly after I left them, in 2005. She was then signed to EMI RECORDS of Korea. I wish the best for her, she can reach her full potential with EMI Records. J-Entercom is no longer a company in itself, it merged with YeDang Entertainment in 2006.

Q: Are u fluent in Korean?

A: I got really good while I was in Korea. However, since I've been back in the states for almost three years, I forgot some things. But the everyday Korean talk is still in me. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

** QUESTIONS & ANSWERS PART 2 **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q: How did you learn Korean?

A: Referring to the answer in the Q&A Part I... I was fluent in Korean when I first came to the states, but from then...my mom's been teaching me English, so I forgot the Korean language. My mom would sometimes speak it to me growing up... like not in sentences, but more like "Do you want KimCheeJjeeGeh?" and stuff like that. I didn't get to learn Korean 'til I actually went to Korea for my ex-group. When I went back to the states (May '02), I was okay at it... then I made my mom speak to me in English, and not talk to me unless I spoke Korean to her. I told her to instantly yell at me if I said any word in English. So, by the time I went back to Korea for the 2nd time around (Feb. 2003) I was pretty friggin fluent, with minor American accents here and there.

Q: How did you get discovered?

A: Long story short... at 14 I got scouted by an American company, my 'rents didn't let me... at 16 I got into Korean music, decided to do it in Korea first...but due to complications I had to wait. At 17 years old, a mutual friend in Cali gave my demo tape to Sean (JinuSean). He called me back immediately (this was when JinuSean was in LA back in '99...He was talking to me about a female group they were working on... like TLC - "Swi-T"-. After about a month of contact back and forth, I decided to make more options for myself.) After the offer from Y.G... I joined forces with BrothersEntertainment, (An American based talent agency who introduces Korean-Americans to companies in Korea) and yes... the picture of "Theresa" was me, and I was 18 in the pic. After a while, I moved on with Ark Entertainment of Los Angeles (same thing as Bros Ent... except a newer company). They had several companies in line for me. Up until this point, I did all this without my Father or Mother knowing so, but at this time... I was free to do what I wished since I was 18. In June (2001) I went to Korea to have a 3 day meeting with YeDang Entertainment. They wanted to sign me as a solo act... but I didn't like the 5 year contract deal. I came back to Ohio, to get set to meet up with J-Entercom...and their contract sounded great, so I signed on the spot...I went to Korea in July 2001... and the rest is history.

Q: If you weren't a singer, what would you be?

A: Trying to be a singer. ^_^ Hehe... Actually, I've been drawing since I was very young as well (Women's hairstyles, makeup and designing clothes - through sketches - were my other loves besides music). If I NEVER liked singing, or had any motivation to, I'd most likely be a Fashion Designer or Hair Stylist.

Q: I read your bio on Soompi, did you ever find out if you had any relatives (blood relatives), or even want to find out about your birth parents, and other family members if you did?

A: Actually the first week I came for good (july 2001)... I went to see if my Grand-mother was still alive. (I'd been told when I was taken from her that I'd see her again...) I found out she passed away back in 1996. My birth mother had 3 brothers...One who was just 42 died shortly after my grandmother ('97)...the other passed away in a - coincidence - Car addident just six months after my first uncle. I did find out I have one uncle (mother's side) who is alive and well... I haven't had the guts to write him yet. After-all, this person has no clue I'm alive...and it's just too awkward for me.

(With all due respect, no more questions about this particular subject)

Q: How tall are you?

A: I'm 5'6 1/2" and some extra change... which is about 167.6 cm. I prefer to round up to 5'7". =) (In the K.I.S.S official Korean website, it states that I'm 165 cm - 5'4"... to fit the image of my former group. Mini, who was the shortest felt uncomfortable... so myself and Keum-Ji made our profile sizes smaller)

Q: Have you gotten any plastic surgery?

A: (Laughs)... ::: Laughs even harder ::: I can't help but laugh at this. For me, honestly... If I were to have gotten surgery, I think I'd look way better than I do now. Have I entertained the thought or wanted to get surgery? HELL YEAH!!! (People are always knocking on eachothers' looks, so of course I thought about it). If I ever do, All of you will be the first to know... I won't deny it if I get it.

I have gotten several a lil larger than freckles, but smaller than a mole thingies removed off my face with a laser. ^_^ I hope they never come back, because that was done back in 2001 O_O It's now 2006, and still no sign of moles coming back, but there's tiny scars of where they use to be.

1530132321_m.jpg

m_ff6ac4b976950890c141384ec7ffe79f.jpg

m_2ee6e42d44f25cff6498a6d336b91708.jpg

she was NOT fluent in korean when she was in Korea. she's confused.

she never said she was fluent in korean when she was in korea during her kiss days. she was fluent in korean before she moved to the states. that´s when she was a little kid.

Guest vnsmnone12

er...she didn't have the best voice in KISS..lol..the song was really nice though with them all together, but her voice alone, isn't anything special from what I've heard her sing by herself, on her myspace.

I doubt she'll make it far in the US.. even though she has been in the states a long time, if someone as talented as Utada hikaru couldn't make it there, she wont have a chance.

WAHHH!!! I like Jini. I just listened to her English songs on myspace and they're not bad

at all. I wish her luck if she decides to debut in the U.S. Good Luck!!!

She's a member of soompi forums, and actually posts from time to time. So you might see her around.

*waves* Hi~!

^ woop! woop!

i LOVE her voice.

i know this girl will 'wow' the audience

here in the united states.

we're waiting!

Guest StarCrystal

Oooh~ Thanks for sharing. I didn't know she was offered to be a member in Swi.T.

"Because I'm a Girl" was probably my first Kpop MV I saw ;__;

Guest xmoneka55x

OOHHH REALLY??? thats so cool! lol i never heard her songs before.. sorry -___-;;;;

haha well if she really does debut in america, i hope she does well! ill be listening to her then :)

hahah SHES A MEMBER ON SOOMP??? well... HELLO THERE!! IF SHES READING THIS.. HI!

Guest kayem7289

I think Jini has a nice voice, the only reason why I didn't like her rendition of Because I'm a Girl was because it was missing backing vocals and it just sounded better in Korean :). I wish her all the best of luck if she's going to debut here soon!

Guest ovaltinejenkins

i don't think she'll make it... bi came here but he wasnt that popular to non-asians... i hope i didnt offend anyone.

but i still wish her luck! it would be cool if she made it :)

Archived