Asian Sororities.

Guest yunhee

someone said it

it's college

an all asian sorority is limited to meeting only asian people

if you do join, i'd say it's better to join a sorority that is more diverse

Only if you are close-minded and ONLY want to meet Asians, then yes you WILL ONLY meet Asians.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest alduhkneel

someone said it

it's college

an all asian sorority is limited to meeting only asian people

if you do join, i'd say it's better to join a sorority that is more diverse

and of course, we're not all asian. :rolleyes: asian interest, not asian exclusive.

Guest c a t h e r s

^ not to be rude but i'm SURE that answer has been answered countless times in this thread.

anyone pledging this sem?

Guest xxotterbabyxx

^ not to be rude but i'm SURE that answer has been answered countless times in this thread.

anyone pledging this sem?

LOL I AMMMMM

i can see some people crossed alreadyyyyyyy ~

COnGRATSSSSSSSSSSS

im not in a sorority but a lil sis to an asian fraternity. (Lambda Lil Sis Represeeennntttttttt :) ) which is NOT a sorority but you still have pledgesisters and are assigned to a big bro and a pledge process (although they aren't as intense as sororities) it depends more on you. i can't handle too many girls at once which is why i preferred this over a sorority, but sorority pledgesisters tend to have a really close bond with each other because they went through the pledge process together

i wouldn't say that joining an asian sorority only limits you to asian people, but i'm sure people will agree with me on the point that agc at any school is pretty damn small haha

i wanna join akdphi.buuttttt i have a lot of questions. so if anyone in akdphi can answer my questions i'd really appreciate it! :)

1) how long is the pledge time?

2) i heard they 'break you down' during the pledge time. what does that mean? i seriously don't get it. examples would be nice... :mellow:

3) do they haze?

4) how much is membership each year?

thanks!

Guest lovejoo

^

yay! where are you from? i can help contact a sister for you if you're interested in rushing next semester <3

1. the standard pledging process is up to 6-8 weeks. it basically just depends on you and your pledge sister(s). you'll be done faster depending how much effort you and your pledge class put in your work and the other way around.

2. im not really what you mean by 'breaking down' so i can't really answer you. =X all i can say is that pledging is a process where you 'find' yourself and learn more about yourself. and yes, it's a good thing. haha.

3. hell no, don't listen to rumors. we would never make anyone do what they dont want to.

4. it all varies between chapters, some chapters have a sorority house where they have to pay extra for housing whereelse some chapters don't, so their fees are lower. it all depends on the chapterrrrr.

i hope i answered your questions =)

^

yay! where are you from? i can help contact a sister for you if you're interested in rushing next semester <3

1. the standard pledging process is up to 6-8 weeks. it basically just depends on you and your pledge sister(s). you'll be done faster depending how much effort you and your pledge class put in your work and the other way around.

2. im not really what you mean by 'breaking down' so i can't really answer you. =X all i can say is that pledging is a process where you 'find' yourself and learn more about yourself. and yes, it's a good thing. haha.

3. hell no, don't listen to rumors. we would never make anyone do what they dont want to.

4. it all varies between chapters, some chapters have a sorority house where they have to pay extra for housing whereelse some chapters don't, so their fees are lower. it all depends on the chapterrrrr.

i hope i answered your questions =)

yeah you did, thanks ^_^.

i don't think the chapter here has a house, because there's only like 8 girls. if you don't mind me asking, how much is your membership? i'd just like a rough idea.

what kind of things do you do during the pledge time? cuz 6-8 weeks seems like a pretty long time, i just want to make sure i can manage my time well between academics and the sorority.

yeah i heard rumors on soompi that they 'break you down' and 'build you back up'. it sounds really freaky and kind of a turn off :mellow: . that's what i wanted examples of haha.

what do you mean 'find yourself'? o_o

thanks! :)

Guest lovejoo

^

1. i cant exactly tell you how much it is, but like i said its different every chapter whether the chapter has a house or not. it depends on the chapter's finance status. for me, it would be like a handbag or two. haha.

2. we would never make you do something that you don't want to and that we never do ourselves. everything you do in pledging, we all did it when we were pledging. so it's not impossible. you just need to time manage your time between pledging and school work really well.

3. for me, i was always a person who does/start doing something then give up after a while and never finish. i never usually finish what i start. but i kinda 'found' out some things about myself during pledging like, i would never though that i would be able to get through something like pledging without dropping since i change my mind really fast on things. and another is that i was surprised that i got along with many sisters really well since i usually dont get along with a bunch of other girls easily. i love my sisters <3

Guest .hidden melody.

My bestie's rushing for an asian sorority right now... haha it's a tonnnnnn of work. :/ Plus unlike some of her pledge mates she hasn't dropped any of her classes for it and still maintains her grades...so she's only getting a few hours of sleep everyday >>;

Guest xxotterbabyxx

^ im fall 2k8 toooo

u guys pledge long!!

lol no~ we dont pledge long

we just started a new pledge period...

i was busy during fall so im doing winter :)

Guest diam0nds.

well, sororities aren't for me, honestly. i feel like i'm paying the "sisters" to hang out with me and let me in their exclusive club.

i mean, it's good networking and all that, but i'd rather be out and meet people on my own then to pay and hang out with them.

but that's just the way i see it.

Guest alduhkneel

well, sororities aren't for me, honestly. i feel like i'm paying the "sisters" to hang out with me and let me in their exclusive club.

i mean, it's good networking and all that, but i'd rather be out and meet people on my own then to pay and hang out with them.

but that's just the way i see it.

if you've gotten into the right one, you'll realize that you're not paying for anything but national insurance, banquet fees, etc. i would never pay for my friends either. the sisters i have are genuine.

I think people need to grasp the fact that you're not PAYING for friends.

You paying for banquet events, philanthropy events, fundraising events and etc.

These people DO NOT POCKET YOUR MONEY because they're paying out of their own pockets too for these certain occasions.

Another note, don't think that non-greek organizations are fully funded either, they hold many fundraisers so their orgs can be sustained. But with greek orgs, they tend to have more events and fundraising is usually not enough to support all of that and that is why there are quarterly/semester dues.

I'm planning to rush again for an asian sorority this quarter... I didn't get a bid last quarter but my friends did (most of them DP'd though :S). I'm not sure if it's a stupid decision or not to rush again for a sorority that already rejected you once...

Archived