Digital Perm!

hanie

AAH I NEED HELP!

I got a digital perm two days ago and right after I had noticed the inside or bottom layer was barely wavy while the top layers were spiral.

It bothers me because it doesn't seem right... and after I had washed my hair today, it is still the same, although I had expected it to be less of a difference..

has anybody experienced this before?

Do you think it would be a good idea to ask them to re-perm the inside?

Thank you kindly if you could help!!

you should go back and ask to re-perm that part.

yeah I have a similar issue. There's one section on the bottom layer is still straight.

I wish I could go back and get it fix, but I had the perm when I was visiting my friend in other state, since there's none in my area. Fortunately, it doesn't bother me that much.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAH I NEED HELP!

I got a digital perm two days ago and right after I had noticed the inside or bottom layer was barely wavy while the top layers were spiral.

It bothers me because it doesn't seem right... and after I had washed my hair today, it is still the same, although I had expected it to be less of a difference..

Yupp if you go back some pages, the same thing happened to me in a reverse manner! My top layer fell to very loose, limp waves.. your hair just didn't quite take to the solution. Go back to the salon; they should re-do it for free :)

A downside to consider, however, is that the second perm will probably cause immense damage on your hair.. so make sure to buy a good deep conditioner or hair mask! :D

Guest krnxgrlx808

AAH I NEED HELP!

same thing has happened to me too!!

i just got my hair permed on wednesday and its friday now and the bottom layers of my hair isn't wavy at all its

like my normal hair. can i ask how long it took to perm your hair?

I got a digital perm a couple of weeks ago, and I love how it looks when it's wet. However, when it's dry, my hair becomes brittle, dry, and some of the strands are straight again.

Any advice?

When you are done showering, use a towel to scrunch up the hair. You start from the bottom (don't do a whole bunch at once, but just a handful is more than enough) and scrunch it upwards. You then wait for it to dry on its own (never ever use the hairdryer!) and leave it at that OR you can use some hair products.

MY MISTAKE: When I first got a digital perm, I would scrunch up my hair after I am done showering with a curling cream. I will just let it dry on its own. My hair was still healthy, but it did not feel smooth and my hair would tangle up A LOT after I shower (but mainly because of the way I sleep, which consists of constant movement). It was pretty bad because I actually had to use a comb because my hair would just not untangle itself! It became more difficult to untangle as my hair grew longer..

"THE RIGHT WAY": I just did a digital perm again after a few months because my hair was becoming straight with all the combing when it was wet. I asked my hair dresser about it and she told me that I should not have added the products in when my hair was wet, and that I should not just use the curling cream. I took her advice, and my hair is much better now! What I do is scrunch up my hair when it is still wet, and then wait till it is damp. Then I take a curling cream, along with a bit of silk therapy, and combine them together before I apply it to my hair (once again, upwards scrunching motion). Sure, my hair still tangles up (especially on the bottom) when I wake up, but it is much easier to untangle them now. The silk therapy also made my hair less frizzy when I wake up.

AND if it is frizzy when you wake up, spray some water on your hair and do the scrunching again. It will tame the frizziness, and the curls will "bounce" back up again. It is also easier to control your hair that way and just let it naturally dry and it will be all good again! I hope my advice helps =)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RainaRawr

Helloo~

I've recently been on a mission to grow out my hair before collage, and my hair is naturally slightly wavy, but it doesn't look the best. :(

I live in a small town in Canada(it's not rural, but there's not much to see) and I've been thinking of getting a digital perm.

Well, thing is, I doubt there's any such salons that do those types of perms, but are there other perms that offer similar results?

I'm new to the whole perm thing, so .. xD;

Curls something like this, maybe a bit farther from the roots though:

oooo.jpg

Guest sasa_1993

I tried to skim through this thread to find an answer, but it's not there from what I see.

I have dyed my hair (I think) in the last week of July. I know it was a week before I left for vacation, so that's my best guess. It's all drugstore dye because it's affordable and it works perfectly on my hair. I think I've re-dyed it a total of 7-10 times since 2009 to redo the roots and vibrancy in color. I've never used a blonde shade, only light to dark brown shades (sometimes with red tones). Other than that, nothing else has been done to my hair except for the occasional curling. It's been a month since then and I want to know if it's safe for me to get a digital perm - because my hair has been chemically treated in the past. 

Is there an extended period of time that I should wait for? Is it safe for me to do it? 

Guest romeostolemyheart

Hi, I'm planning to have my hair permed this coming month for the first time. But I had it rebonded last February. Is it okay to have it permed? Thanks for the answers. :D

And also, I am planning to have it permed at Tony and Jackey's. Heehee.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aria_Rheina

romeostolemyheart

wrote on 29 August 2011 - 01:55 PM:

Hi, I'm planning to have my hair permed this coming month for the first time. But I had it rebonded last February. Is it okay to have it permed? Thanks for the answers.

:D

And also, I am planning to have it permed at Tony and Jackey's. Heehee.

Guest DernierCri

I got my hair permed at Fredy Salon, here in Manila last Thursday. The process was done for like, 3-4 hours. I was kind of skeptic because it looks too curly. But then again, I'm now looking forward to when it becomes loose. 

27xa51.png

Guest katzluva

I love digital perm! I got mines done in Oakland Chinatown. An extremely tedious process lasting over 4 hours long but I got to enjoy VOLUME for my thin thin hair afterward.

My digital perm about 3 months later:

Snapshot_20110812_1.jpg

It's now 5 months in and it's only slightly wavy after a condjtioned wash. Like what many others have said, it tends to straighten out thorough the day or if you haven't washed it in awhile. Conditioner tends to make it more curly.

In terms of dryness, I experienced very little to no difference. Maybe it's the stuff my salonist used, but the process was super gentle.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest hollykrumhp

I love digital perm! I got mines done in Oakland Chinatown. An extremely tedious process lasting over 4 hours long but I got to enjoy VOLUME for my thin thin hair afterward.

I've been meaning to get a perm in the Bay Area; do you mind sharing which location/how much it costed? :) Thanks!

Hi!

Just wondering for all those who have a digital perm, do you guys wash your hair everyday?

Thank you!

Hi :)

I wash my hair everyday with my perm and the stylist told me that I should because when your in the shower it'll make your curls stay defined :) And if you don't wash it everyday you should at least yet it wet :)

Guest aiambest

Hi :)

I wash my hair everyday with my perm and the stylist told me that I should because when your in the shower it'll make your curls stay defined :) And if you don't wash it everyday you should at least yet it wet :)

Ah~ thank you for your reply :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest yijun143

hi! I just digital permed my hair recently and it turned out fine :)

but on the 4th day, when I washed my hair, it became straight again! D:

but after putting curling cream, it was curly and bouncy again.

Is this normal? and will I curls last? :((

I really like my curly hair D:

Archived