How Many Casually Wear Heels?

Guest asthua

Guest asthua

Not really asking about you girls specifically, but more so the girls in your area, IN GENERAL.

Percentage-wise, how many girls in your area/city regularly wear heels as a part of their CASUAL outfits?

I'm asking because I see that wearing heels casually (not semi-formal or formal) doesn't seem to be very common in the west, but you always see girls in asia wearing heels almost everyday. In the west, it seems that like 98% of girls wear heels ONLY to events or for formal stuff. I only see a girl wearing heels casually once in a blue moon. It's very rare.

I know kdramas aren't a very good representation of reality, but it's an example.

You always see the girls in kdramas wearing heels like ALL THE TIME when their outfit is casual (and very well coordinated ^^).

Just walking outside my door right now, even into the city, the %age of girls I'd find wearing heels casually would probably be about 2%.

What's up? ^^

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PEACELOVE123

i would love to wear heels casually but i'm kinda tall already and i don't wanna be even taller but my legs look so much better when i wear heels :D  and i would feel very dressed up if i did wear heels everyday b/c no one in my school really does but i have one short friend who wears heels everyday and i don't see how she can do it b/c my feet would hurt but yea other than her i don't see anyone in my school who really wears heels casually except maybe the office ladies.

where i live, not alot of people wear heels casually (like to the mall , or school etc.)

nobody i know wears heels to school

but i do wear them casually to the mall, to work, etc. (and all my friends too)

but everytime i wear heels (not with my friends/boyfriend)

they usually ask me whats the occasion -_-

and i have to explain to them that i normally wear heels when i go out.

Guest candylove.

haha i noticed that too... I see a lot of korean girls at my school that wear at least 4 inch heels everyday for no reason lol. here in california, barely any girls wear heels on a daily basis. haha. most girls here just wear flip flops or flats xp

Guest monkeyinabarrel

Where I live there's a few girls who wear heels some of the time (definitely not in the winter, black ice, cold, etc..)

Western culture has a laid-back attitude. It's acceptable to not look -insert celebrity name- and be yourself. Most of us find flip flops/ flats more comfortable and it doesn't give off the uptight feeling (if worn everyday).

Lady Gaga encourages to be yourself and don't let others get to you (Born this way), and remember a few decades ago Madonna? She also was trying to give girls self empowerment (express yourself). Just recently I read in Seventeen magazine that they wanted girls to go make up free for one day.

If I saw a lady wearing heal on a daily basis, I would think she's trying to keep up a professional image (or stripper image depends :phew: )

I live in Hawaii and I'd say a lot of local people don't often wear heels, but we get a lot of asian tourists who do (usually white tourists don't). I've seen japanese women wearing dresses and heels on hikes (which is absurd and I don't know if they made it to the end).

If I counted tourists and locals together, maybe 15% I would see wearing heels if I was in Waikiki, assuming that we're not counting men.

I know you weren't asking for particulars, but I wear them casually more often than not. It's generally warm here so they're suitable pretty much year round, meaning I don't have to worry about my toes freezing or anything. I used to wear them to high school 95% of the time, but the sidewalks/ground at my university is really uneven, so it's just not worth it to fall or struggle.

Guest LibraZebra

At school the choir and drama kids did quite a bit--just because they always had to have them for shows and didn't want to change shoes. No one else every did. Outside of school I don't see any that aren't going clubbing or coming home from work in heels.

I like how heels look and I've tried wearing them casually to school and stuff. I'm not very good at walking in them (they tend to slip off) and people always comment about it negatively, so I stopped. :P I hated always answering the "where are you off to later?" or the "aren't your feet dying?!"

If I had a comfy pair that weren't too tall, though, I'd wear them regularily.

Guest phalken

I go to school in NJ and from what I notice a vast majority of people do not wear heels casually. Actually, girls at my uni also wear flats to formals sometimes @_@

Personally I wear heels... over 80% of the time, haha. I like how they look, and I'm short and have big calves so I look awful in a vast majority of flats DX I also find it really impressive when I see all the girls in Asia walk around with perfect poise when wearing heels, so I want to be able to, too. I guess for me, wearing heels is like.. an art? Some girls choose to just not do it, some only do it for special occasions, and in the latter there are people who never practice so they look TERRIBLE when trying to walk in heels.

It's kind of like.. being able to cook. It's not necessary, per say, for everyone to know how to cook, but being able to do so shows a certain level of talent. In wearing heels, I also think being able to handle heels gracefully is very classy.

I also find it kind of weird when people judge other people for wearing heels a lot o_O like.. they're not sexual.. or inappropriate in any way, so why so much judgement and assumptions -___-

i work in new york in the fashion industry and i definitely see a lot of people in heels everyday- both at work and on the streets..i don't know how they walk around the city in them but it is too painful for me :sweatingbullets: plus i'm already 5'10'' so i don't really need the extra height ;) if they weren't so painful i would wear them everyday because they make legs look fabulousss

Guest ny-sw / ny_sw.

I live and work in Houston's medical center. I RARELY see doctors/nurses/professors with heels on. Most likely, it's a pair of beat up Nike running shoes.

Even when they have presentations/conferences, etc. it's always very sensible 1' heels or flats.

My college campus is enormous too, so I never see girls wear heels.

I'd say 0%.

here in canada, ppl hardly every wear heels..makes me so sad cuz i love them! even tho im tall i wear heels at least 3 times a week ^^ my mom doesnt understand lol i wish we dressed up here a little more...some people need to but mainly flats are the norm here....

Guest MissLOL

I work in a small law firm, 80% of us where heels. and the other 20% wore flats because yesterday they wore heels.

Guest Daikirai

Where I live: 0%

At my university... all the international students from Korea wear heels most of the time, when they're not wearing flip flops.

Guest Marrehj

I wear heels most days as a part of my casual outfit, but less in the summer since you usually wak around more then(or at least I do).. But to school I wear 4 inch heels reguarly ;)

Guest soiia

Aside from school, I tend to see girls wearing heels over here quite a lot, but of course, I'm not talking about platform heels or those 4inches+ heels. I see maybe a good 40-45% of girls wearing mid-heels and maybe a 10% of girls wearing 4inches+ heels in form of pumps or peep-toes (hey summer!). This summer, I see that there are a lot of super high heels and platforms in shoes stores, but people seem to prefer those mid-heels, casual looking heels for everyday wear. And I completely agree; not everyone can wear pumps for more than 5 hours without shedding a tear of agony. :mellow:

I am one of those who wear heels mid-heels casually, but it's only a thing I start doing this summer. I still love my flats, but this summer, there are many sandals with heels that I'm eyeing for, thus I sorta developed a liking with heels more than ever :P But no matter how casually looking a pair of heels can be, I probably won't wear them to school, even if the majority of time, I'm just sitting in classes. It just doesn't feel appropriate to me, but that's because I have lab classes too.

Guest wantcookie

When going to school I don't wear heels that much because I just don't want to trip in the middle of the hallway since there are cracks that you can trip on. Other than that I wear heel everywhere. Heels makes my legs look better and toned ahaha, but i can't wear them for too long. I was only into 3 hours of walking around in my heels and I had to sit down and rest because my feet were killing me. I don't quite often see tall girls wearing heels around my area.

Guest klassifyed.

I used to wear heels casually, that is, until I went into this slump where I gained weight and just didn't care what I wore or how I looked =T

But I go to college in upperstate NY and most people just wear flipflops or sandals (or boots in the winter).

I'd say I see 1% of girls wear heels every day.

Guest rachilde

I wear heels at least 50% of the time, but I would say around 40% of my classmates wear heels with casual outfits. The caveat is my classmates are law students who live off campus and drive to class, so many of us don't have to walk very far everyday. A lot fewer people wore heels in undergrad because undergrads have to walk everywhere.

I find my heels very comfortable so I don't mind wearing them often. I also walk at least 40 minutes a day on very uneven sidewalks. For me, there's nothing more comfortable than a masculine outfit punctuated with a pair of heels: striped shirt, cropped trousers, belt, and a pair of suede court shoes. The trick to wearing heels casually is to choose your heels with love and care (and maybe a little extra money), and buy a pair that is right for your feet. A high quality heel can treat your feet a lot better than a cheap PVC ballet flat--but you have to be aware of what you feel comfortable in. The other trick is to remember the casual in 'casually.' A lot of girls look out of place in heels because they're not dressed casually: leave the florals, chiffon, and dresses/skirts at home and get an oversized shirt with trousers. You'll look a million times less awkward because you'll look a million times more casual.

Guest ninyaah

I wear flats all the time even though I obviously lack in the height department. Majority of the people here don't wear heels in casual days. The only time I wear heels is when it's required for me to do so - like during special occasions, school presentations where I have to dress up, etc. The Koreans who reside here are always wearing heels, though. It's amazing, actually, how they make it look so effortless.

Archived