Korean celebrities with Square faces

Guest atlanteay

Guest atlanteay

I couldn't help but notice that most korean celebrities, especially the young pretty ones (idols, actresses), all seem to have a V-shaped face or oval shaped. Are there any with square jawlines? The only square faces I mostly see are the actresses that play the mothers or grandmas.

I'm asking this because 1.) i would like to use their makeup, hairstyle, etc as reference. 2.) it brings to attention the lack of diversity in terms of beauty

Guest yuwah

I cant think of any square faced Koreans atm .. there really arenta lot of famous square faced but make up tips for square faced people in general will apply to you too ofcourse

Its all about contouring the hard edges of your face and highlighting the places you would want to pop like cheekbones, nosebridge etc.

You can find a lot of tips and tricks just by googling: square face make up tips / hairstyles ..

Websites:

http://www.ehow.com/m/how_4498768_apply-makeup-square-face.html

http://koreahairstyles.blogspot.com/2009/12/hairstyling-tips-square-shaped-face.html

Guest atlanteay

^ so hard to find info on that group lol. The girl with the square face seems to be breaking the 'don't do' rules for square faces by showing her wide forehand, stick straight hair (in some photos) and relatively straight eyebrows.

Interestingly enough, Nana from After School seems to have a square face as well but her hair usually hides it. It took me awhile to determine if she really does have a square face. She also has the full, heavy bangs that are advised against square faces. Seems like the korean "trademark" looks are put upon these girls without really considering whether their features fit the look. Or they just let makeup do all the work :x

I cant think of any square faced Koreans atm .. there really arenta lot of famous square faced but make up tips for square faced people in general will apply to you too ofcourse

Its all about contouring the hard edges of your face and highlighting the places you would want to pop like cheekbones, nosebridge etc.

You can find a lot of tips and tricks just by googling: square face make up tips / hairstyles ..

Websites:

http://www.ehow.com/m/how_4498768_apply-makeup-square-face.html

http://koreahairstyles.blogspot.com/2009/12/hairstyling-tips-square-shaped-face.html

thanks! the makeup tips are really helpful, especially the lip part. Didn't know about making the center lighter.

Guest v i i x 3

I dunno if you'd call it square, but Sooyoung from SNSD doesn't necessarily have the most v-shaped of faces! (Though, I like her for it :wub: pahahaha~~)

Guest sausage

Actually I think there are quite a few idols with square jaws. O.o Hair just does a good job of altering face shape[?]

Nana from after school

tumblr_l8u9j2UvpO1qarkwio1_500_thumb.png?1284804580

Jooyeon from after school

Screenshot1.png.scaled.1000.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYRT34AOQ&Expires=1306093278&Signature=Y%2B1l6q8PMDj%2BRw1XqnFwGHwLMQs%3D

Kahi from after school

54647_20110224_kahi_1-230x105.jpg

Guest asthua

Kim Jung Hwa (Actress)

20071211kimjunghwa2.jpg

Maybe Han Ji Hye (Actress). I say maybe because she often looks quite youthful still, and in a lot of photos, she doesn't look like she has a square-ish jaw sometimes. I don't know. Maybe she's more of a round face?

090530.jpg

• 9 months later...
Guest leslie7622

almost every korean celebrity that had a square or squarish face have plastic surgery.

Nana definitely shaved hers.

Jessica, although not really prominent, also shaved hers.

There are a few exceptions like Kaha whose face is more of angular and long rather than square.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GRAPEJUICE

PYH2011062909140034400_P2.jpg

Yoon So Yi -

I always thought she had a square face, even though her jawline is pretty slim. Her face is pretty broad and bigger than your usual K-actress. But she is still super gorgeous.

go-hyun-jung2.jpg

photo8652.jpg

Go Hyun Jung -

She used to have a square/round face in her Sandglass days. Her face got really oval recently though; result of muscle reducing Botox in my opinion.

But my point is, I think there are some girls who can look pretty with a broader face. Oval faces will always be most sought after; but in Korea, these days round faces are more popular than V-faces anyway because it makes you look young and innocent. (...although personally I like V-faces better toolike Hwang Jung Eum's.)

I notice idols all seem to have oval/heart-shape. But there are more actresses with round/square faces.

Archived