online courses?

halfmoonsmile

Guest pianoistpanda

I don't really know.  I have a friend that takes online classes though (although it's only temporary because she had to take off the semester due to medical issues).  She said that you write essays and take tests and are assigned like little "labs" also (it's more self-paced, I guess?) but for P.E. you would just like research some things or whatever.  Like I think you would be able to lie but whatever.  She said it's easier than actual school, but then again, we go to the supposedly best high school in the state.

• 1 month later...
Guest helmonferk_stv

E-learning is now very reliable and proven resource. From Institutions to Universities, both small and big have chosen to use moodle as their teaching platform, this shows us how trusted this e-learning tool is.

spark training

Guest glamazon21

I recently took an online course and found it to be great! However I think the experience depends on the subject/course and the course instructor. If I had to take a math course online it would just be a disaster because I need someone to teach me in person for that particular subject. The learning is more reliant on your discipline and willingness to sit down and read/do work on your own time. Commuting to my school is kind of hard to do, especially in the winter and I thought that this was a great alternative because I could just do my work from home or from a library closer to where I live. 

It depends on a lot of factors such as your strengths, motivation, schedule. Some classes are better to take online and some classes are better to take in- class. For example, I did my english, psychology, electives, etc. classes online and did well in them, while I regret taking some of my health sciences online because I learn better in a classroom environment for subjects like that. The only way to find out if online classes are for you is to try it out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest harryuser

I believe the online courses are even easier for some students. Some decide to seek out paper writing services from some writing companies so that they score higher grades. I have seen guys doing that successfully. 

Guest mackeralkitty

I'm good with online courses. But I prefer if there's a structure (discussion posts that are mandatory, assignments in at a certain date). None of my online courses have had set dates for assignments, but just ask you submit one almost once a month. On top of regular course load it can be difficult but it can save you some time. I finally passed psychology by taking it online. It depends on your instructor.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest keddrickneal_stv

Software program seamlessly integrates social media, making it possible to create online communities that are course specific. Success in an online course often depends on how connected a student falls to his instructor and fellow students. For online learning to succeed it is also essential that we find and train instructors who can adapt to this new medium.

For more in-depth information on Microstrategy Training you should visit this from Mindmajix Microstrategy Training.

I don't necessarily think one is better than the other. It's nice to have options and it's all about what works best for you. I've done it all. I've done courses on campus, telecourses, hybrid courses, and online courses. All of my online courses were great because the instructors were very involved and the courses structured and organized. I enjoyed those courses as much as any other. The only courses I think are definitely better in a traditional setting are math and language courses. 

Personally i prefer online courses because i can use my time wisely instead of debating things over with a teacher, then again i often skip the online stuff and forget about it. it does have it flaws because when your home, there's distractions

• 2 weeks later...

It really depends on the course. I think attending class or taking a class online takes discipline regardless. It depends on what your learning style is. I personally like taking  certain classes online. Some of my professors at university do very little teaching, so we're left to read the book(s) and do the assignments on our own anyway, so it doesn't feel like I get much out of class other than a few solutions to questions we have.

At the end of the day, what you put into class is what you'll get out of it.

Guest henryrowlett

Online Education Courses - The important benefit of online learning is that it can span time and distance.

Guest rjregina

E-learning is now very reliable and proven resource. From Institutions to Universities, both small and big have chosen to use moodle as their teaching platform, this shows us how trusted this e-learning tool is.

• 2 months later...
Guest rudolffairbanks_stv

In my opinion, online classes aren't a bad thing per se. They can provide you with a much higher flexibility when studying and if you have less time (for example because you're a mom or are working already) this can be a great thing. Of course, there are some really expensive "for profit" schools that are not as good. But on the other side, community colleges offer online courses and degrees too and there are a few reputable and great online universities out there. You should make a good research before going for any online course, check it comes under which university, schedules, syllabus and each and everything.

Writer @ resume writing services

• 5 months later...

From an honest perspective, any online course I've ever taken was a GPA booster alone.  The content learned from core sciences and math I think are much more effectively taught through communication rather than textbook reading or occasional video lectures.  

• 2 months later...

It really depends on several things: what you want to get out of the course, what your learning style is and the topic. For the sake of time and convenience they are really good. You don't have to go out of your way to go to campus (if you live off campus or far away from it) and you can complete your course material at your own pace. It's especially good if you're juggling multiple courses or a job etc. 

It also depends too on how the courses are structured. I had a film course that had audio lectures that went along with it and that made it really good. But I took another course, a methodology course that had NO lectures, it was all reading from a textbook and it was the most boring thing I'd ever had to do in my life. It actually made it harder to finish the class for me. For a design course I took, it was a requirement to participate in weekly discussions on the student forums which I liked sometimes and hated at other times. So some courses are designed better than others. Some topics are really hard to make interesting. But I think even a dry topic can be interesting if the course is structured really well. 

To me in person is the best way to learn. You can get to know your course instructor, and that can help with them seeing you as a person rather than a number. You also can interact with other students, unless you don't care about doing that.  To me, I like lectures, hearing and seeing the instruction in addition to self-study. But if you want a quick credit, and you just need the course or you have time issues, online might be the best option for you.

Archived