[IDEA] Dating Guide for Guys (Anyone interested?)

Guest alphaoxytocin

Guest alphaoxytocin

Article 1: http://forums.soompi.com/en/discussion/2025993/article-1-five-common-misconceptions-that-guys-have-about-pursuing-girls-part-1
Article 2: http://forums.soompi.com/en/discussion/2026291/article-2-foundations-of-the-psychology-of-attraction-for-men-part-1
====================

Hey Soompi! Good news for you gents, AlphaOne and I are back to help you guys with all your love quests and dating inquiries.

First, we would like to say that we understand your difficulties. Here are some example situations that you may have been in. You may find these relatable.

- I like this girl a lot. She’s perfect in my eyes. She’s cute, she’s pretty, everything she does is just perfect. I can’t stop thinking about her. But I don’t really know how to get her to like me. I tried to talk to her and do a lot of nice things for her. She seems very nice too, but I don’t know if she likes me back or just treats me as a friend.

- I don’t know why girls I like just don’t like me back. I gathered up the courage to tell them that I like them, but rejection was all that I received. I’ve always been nice to them and been there for them. I would always sacrifice my own time to help the girl I like, or just be there for her.

- I really like this girl, but she has a boyfriend (or likes another guy). I’ve been friends with her for while now and I’ve always been there for her. At the same time, her boyfriend (or that “other guy”) is a jerk. She would tell me how poorly of a boyfriend he is (or how that other guy is being a jerk), but she is still with him. She would tell me what she would like in a boyfriend. I wouldn’t do any of those bad things and I even meet all the criteria that she mentioned for what she wants in a guy, (and sometimes I would hint her too) but she obviously doesn’t see that I am the better choice.

- I currently have a girlfriend and I think I treat her very well.  Whenever she asks me to do something, I always try my best to do it for her. But for some reason though, she never seems to be happy or satisfied, and she has been complaining a lot about me. I think sometimes it is my fault, but no matter how much I apologize, things aren’t getting better.

- I sometimes notice that my girlfriend has been talking to some other guys. I do really feel jealous and wish that all she wants to talk to is me. I confronted her about it and I would tell her that I don’t feel comfortable when she talks to other guys. But instead of understanding that I care, she would just get annoyed and tell me that they’re just her “friends”.

And here are some questions that you may have:

- I like this girl and she is very nice to me. Does that mean that she is interested in me? How do I really know if she likes me or not? How do I get her to like me?

- Why do those mean guys/jerks/bad boys get all the girls? Do nice guys really finish last? What is it that makes them more attractive? What is it exactly that girls are into?

- I was talking to this new girl that I am interested in. But she seemed to have arrived at the conclusion that she is definitely not interested in me really quickly. Why did she do that? She doesn’t even know me yet! Why wouldn’t girls give me a chance?

- Why do I always hear girls always complaining about how they can’t find good guys?  I’m a good guy, why don’t they see that?

- I thought that girls like persistent guys because they show that their love is sincere. I have been persistent with pursuing the girl that I like and I am also sincere. Why does she still not like me?

- I really like this girl. How do I show her that I really like her? Is it romantic if I surprise her with something to show that my love is sincere?

Clearly, there are many problems and questions that trouble a lot of guys. So here, we would like to see if you guys are interested in a dating/relationship guide for guys. If we receive enough interest, we will begin the guide right here in Soompi. And at the end of it, we hope that you would have the answers to all these questions. And not only that, you can overall have a better understanding of how attraction works, how to find the right person for you, how to be successful in dating, and how to maintain a healthy relationship. Please let us know your opinion below.

Guest alphaone

We have received a number of private messages regarding this idea and their own questions. One of them mentioned two possible reasons why people have not came forth. It has occurred to us that there may be two reasons: 1) People may not like to publicly admit it here on Soompi, and 2) people may not know the direction we are taking this guide towards. And another possible reason we believe is that we may not be well-known here. For those who do not know of us, about half a year ago we were actively on Soompi to try and help everyone with their relationship questions.

So we are back here to help. We have seen some similar patterns in the questions that guys on Soompi have been asking, and we feel that this is something that can help a lot of guys. Please feel free to continue to use private messaging as a method of communication.

Would you be able to provide some information about the 2 of you?  I know its not necessary to give info about yourself when making a post in a forum.  On the other hand, if youre going to make a guide, Im pretty sure people will want to know a little about the authors before they take the advice into consideration.  Maybe thats why most people didn't respond.

so ive been reading this thread as it progress...but it hasnt...come on mate, just post up some 'dating guides' or 'tips' so few of us can see if any of it works. LOL.
yeah....i sound pretty desperate aye.....haha

Archived