Would you share your "personal" aspect of a relationship online openly?

Guest TheJVS

Guest TheJVS

So, would you openly share the "personal" bits of your relationship openly on the internet? What do you think when other people share "personal" information on their relationship  openly? How about those "really personal" information?
And I think we are all too familiar with the "they can do whatever with their life, none of my business" kind of attitude so please don't bother replying if that's all you have to say. I'm looking for honest opinions from people :) 
Edit: How would you feel if your s/o shared these information about your relationship?

And by openly I'm suggesting that 1. People knows who you are (you have clear picture of yourself, or some other sort of identification) 2. People that know you in real life has access to this information (your friends, co-workers, acquaintances, family members, etc.)3. You post this information on a blog, youtube, forum, facebook, twitter, etc. 
And by personal, i mean 1. Information that only you and your s/o knows about, or information shared between you, your s/o, their family members, your family members Well until you share them.2. Examples may include: marriage, sex, secrets, habits, money, etc.

Guest UnicornGummi

No. It took me a while just to openly share personal stuff about me to my S/O, I don't think I would be able to share it with a bunch of people I don't know. I'll only share the basic information, like stuff that everyone knows (ie. age, ethnicity, how we met, how long it's been, etc). Overall I'm a very private person, not many people know lots about me. They think they do because I share lots of useless information (LOL xD) but they don't really know the indepth details. The only person I share that with is my S/O.
As to how I feel about other people doing that, I don't really mind. Some people are just naturally more open than others. Personally, I don't feel comfortable sharing that stuff with others so I don't do it, but if they feel they're comfortable enough to do that, then I'm not going to look down upon them for doing that. 

Guest UnicornGummi

@TheJVS He knows how I am and he knows not to share it. :P If he does he's dead LOL. He is slightly more open than me though. He actually tells his friends things about us, but it's not really anything major, it's probably like one level above what I would feel comfortable sharing. It's not like he talks bad about me to his friends or anything, sometimes he just wants to seek a male opinion, so yeah. 

Guest blush

I'd never openly share personal things about my relationship on the internet if people knew who I was. I mean I've never posted a picture of myself on forums, nor do I ever use my real name or link to personal blogs.

As for other people, I don't really care... but I have to admit, people who blog about the really personal details I LOVE reading it because it's so juicy LOL.

nope, I share random bits of news and interesting stuff on social media but nothing on my personal life. Hell, I don't use instagram, twitter, tumblr or flickr. 
there's a reason it's called "personal". Posting all the juicy stuff on social media removes it from personal life to "attention seeking"

Guest morelovee

When I was with my ex, I never made it public on facebook about our relationship. I figured, if someone really knew me, they would know. Having said that, it makes it A LOT more easier when the relationship dissolves. No pictures to untag yourself out of, just a simple quick delete of the former s/o and you're on your way :P

Guest TheJVS

@morelovee haha, unfortunately about the ex but glad everything went smoothly. What about if you are in a more serious relationship say 1 year +? (not that time means everything) would you consider sharing your relationship status openly?

Guest Krrypton

No not even at fb.. As you tell more about youself, i think the chances grow of you getting in creepy situations.

I know babygirrll likes to share personal info. so yes some people do. I think I'd share too. I don't really think too much about it, I live a rather transparent lifestyle, and don't like keeping secrets, no shame, unless of course my "s/o" is uncomfortable with it. but then again, none of this applies, I've always been single anyway.

Im sure you see me post those a lot. I dont mind telling people things but I really hope no one in soompi knows my ex and I. I always wanted to replace my picture and hide my identify but i also want people to realize I have the pride and understanding to show who I am.yes I am ugly but hell your looking at it not me.

Guest m.e

morelovee said: When I was with my ex, I never made it public on facebook about our relationship. I figured, if someone really knew me, they would know. Having said that, it makes it A LOT more easier when the relationship dissolves. No pictures to untag yourself out of, just a simple quick delete of the former s/o and you're on your way :P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest flyhigh1030

I would post up on fb if i was in a relationship or not cuz it just shows i want to show off my bf. and i post up things like check ins and statuses about my bf but never anything more. Personal stuff like our arguments and such should never be posted online and be kept between the two of you

Guest Mentor

TheJVS said: So, would you openly share the "personal" bits of your relationship openly on the internet? What do you think when other people share "personal" information on their relationship  openly? How about those "really personal" information?
And I think we are all too familiar with the "they can do whatever with their life, none of my business" kind of attitude so please don't bother replying if that's all you have to say. I'm looking for honest opinions from people :) 
Edit: How would you feel if your s/o shared these information about your relationship?

And by openly I'm suggesting that 1. People knows who you are (you have clear picture of yourself, or some other sort of identification) 2. People that know you in real life has access to this information (your friends, co-workers, acquaintances, family members, etc.)3. You post this information on a blog, youtube, forum, facebook, twitter, etc. 
And by personal, i mean 1. Information that only you and your s/o knows about, or information shared between you, your s/o, their family members, your family members Well until you share them.2. Examples may include: marriage, sex, secrets, habits, money, etc.

Guest TheJVS

m.e said:
morelovee said: When I was with my ex, I never made it public on facebook about our relationship. I figured, if someone really knew me, they would know. Having said that, it makes it A LOT more easier when the relationship dissolves. No pictures to untag yourself out of, just a simple quick delete of the former s/o and you're on your way :P

I would not. I'd like to keep secrets and intimate things between my s/o and me. What use is it spilling out private details for everyone to see? I'm sure most people would think I'd be fishing for comments, and I'd get the wrong kind of attention. I'd also dislike coming off as someone who does not value the personal aspects of a relationship. I'd hope my s/o would respect my view on this, and do the same or at least try to keep the details to a minimum.

TheJVS said: m.e said:

Guest NitsujN_RN

raymondc27 said: Im sure you see me post those a lot. I dont mind telling people things but I really hope no one in soompi knows my ex and I. I always wanted to replace my picture and hide my identify but i also want people to realize I have the pride and understanding to show who I am.yes I am ugly but hell your looking at it not me.

Archived