[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

telzey

said: One of you talked about getting a flag or off topic notice and couldn't understand why. I may have an explanation. I was trying to click on a different page on another thread and the screen kept jumping around. It might be because the ads were going in and out. But I clicked on the off-topic button by mistake because the picture had moved. Maybe that happen for you.

gretac

said:

I realize I haven't introduced myself here on soompi, and only briefly on pianoconversations as a very late-comer to this party - I will introduce myself more fully, soon (I'm racing to catch up on all the posts - !!! - and then will have lots of comments and thoughts to share once I know I won't be duplicating discussions that have happened long since), but I didn't want to delay in sending out my thanks today!! What an amazing, dedicated forum. I'll see you all again soon

Hello fellow Secret Love Affair lovers! I know I'm REALLY late to join this forum considering the fact that the last episode of this drama was aired more than 2 months ago TTTTTT I've been trying to quit this secret love addiction but to no avail because of the continuous reports, mentions, parodies of the drama, and not to mention the die hard fans here on soompi still continuing to post about the drama after so long (yes, I've been stalking this post since the time the drama was still airing and I really admire all of you who's so dedicated to the drama and REALLY REALLY REALLY GRATEFUL for all the translations and analysis of the script which made me feel soooo much closer to the drama and understand it better...) popping out everywhere to the point that I've given up on kicking this addiction. So now I would like to step in and join you guys in the continuous support of my all time favourite K drama! 

galpianist said: Hello fellow Secret Love Affair lovers! I know I'm REALLY late to join this forum considering the fact that the last episode of this drama was aired more than 2 months ago TTTTTT I've been trying to quit this secret love addiction but to no avail because of the continuous reports, mentions, parodies of the drama, and not to mention the die hard fans here on soompi still continuing to post about the drama after so long (yes, I've been stalking this post since the time the drama was still airing and I really admire all of you who's so dedicated to the drama and REALLY REALLY REALLY GRATEFUL for all the translations and analysis of the script which made me feel soooo much closer to the drama and understand it better...) popping out everywhere to the point that I've given up on kicking this addiction. So now I would like to step in and join you guys in the continuous support of my all time favourite K drama! 

Guest dualnon

docster6 said:

gretac

said:

I realize I haven't introduced myself here on soompi, and only briefly on pianoconversations as a very late-comer to this party - I will introduce myself more fully, soon (I'm racing to catch up on all the posts - !!! - and then will have lots of comments and thoughts to share once I know I won't be duplicating discussions that have happened long since), but I didn't want to delay in sending out my thanks today!! What an amazing, dedicated forum. I'll see you all again soon

Guest dualnon

galpianist said: Hello fellow Secret Love Affair lovers! I know I'm REALLY late to join this forum considering the fact that the last episode of this drama was aired more than 2 months ago TTTTTT I've been trying to quit this secret love addiction but to no avail because of the continuous reports, mentions, parodies of the drama, and not to mention the die hard fans here on soompi still continuing to post about the drama after so long (yes, I've been stalking this post since the time the drama was still airing and I really admire all of you who's so dedicated to the drama and REALLY REALLY REALLY GRATEFUL for all the translations and analysis of the script which made me feel soooo much closer to the drama and understand it better...) popping out everywhere to the point that I've given up on kicking this addiction. So now I would like to step in and join you guys in the continuous support of my all time favourite K drama! 

Guest cincinc

dualnon said:
seungshinl said: dualnon said: @seungshinl the script is a little different than what was aired.  The script stops at scene 64 with SJ but SLA shows HW in the prison yard and then SJ's empty room.  It seems that each scene was divided in two so that each part alternates between SJ and HW.  Actually SJ's is split in 3 ending with the final empty room.

Wonder if PDnim changed things a little after the script came out.

Guest dualnon

cincinc said: dualnon said:
seungshinl said:
One thing that I kept looking for and did not find is whether Seon Jae said "whether it be 1 year or 10 years (in the Script it says 'a life time') or if he said whether it is 'for' 1 year or 10 years, it would have have made it clear he was referring how long they would play a couple not how long he has to wait for her to get out of the jail.  But listening to it again he did not say 'for'.  He said exactly what was said in the dialogue.  So that debate will remain as it was.  I believe he was referring to how long they will be together not how long she will be jail.  I arrive at this by the fact that the Script said 'a life time'.
I realize this sounds very esoteric.  But those who has been following our long debate on the meaning of the ending will know I am sure.

Guest dualnon

I was working on something and needed a break so decided to take another look @ktomato's and @kalidreamz's first DC-DVD Appeal vid.  It's just too hilarious.

docster6 said: Do I sense "emotion" from @jibjibjib? To me, jibjibjib was sent from Heaven to us, first as a TRAINEE, then as a ROOKIE and now as an IDOL, with a TON of capability that was impossible to duplicate. @seungshinl even label jibjibjib as a GUY because she feels someone who is so capable for subbing must be a guy. @kalidreamz has since proven that to be untrue. But I think there is still a very strong chance (even with the crying emotion) that @jibjibjib is a guy because HE is a fanboy of Kim Hee Ae, watching everything she has done. Seehttp://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/27377671/#Comment_27377671

dualnon said: cincinc said: dualnon said:
seungshinl said:
One thing that I kept looking for and did not find is whether Seon Jae said "whether it be 1 year or 10 years (in the Script it says 'a life time') or if he said whether it is 'for' 1 year or 10 years, it would have have made it clear he was referring how long they would play a couple not how long he has to wait for her to get out of the jail.  But listening to it again he did not say 'for'.  He said exactly what was said in the dialogue.  So that debate will remain as it was.  I believe he was referring to how long they will be together not how long she will be jail.  I arrive at this by the fact that the Script said 'a life time'.
I realize this sounds very esoteric.  But those who has been following our long debate on the meaning of the ending will know I am sure.

Guest dualnon

gretac said:

So (finally), back to @seungshinl 's interpretation dilemma presented at the top of this thread, I think the script by originally stating “lifetime” instead of “10 years” does indeed let us know that the writer's intent is that they're talking about the amount of time together, since we know there's no chance of HW being jailed for a lifetime. And the whole rest of SJ's paragraph about the “1 year or 10 years” is describing them living together and not breaking up without even trying. I agree with @dualnon that poetically it does harken back to the Hongdae talk and Makqui Hung's comment (which was originally to comfort SJ about leaving his bride with some punk, not make him worry about their future!), but I also think it may be a figure of speech that is not meant to be taken so literally, meaning, no matter how much time passes, whether a year or forever. And finally, my own take on it is that SJ is not wavering or hedging within himself about their relationship lasting, but that the poor guy has learned (“matured” i.e., been conditioned!) to tone down his sincere statements to HW because she laughs at him as being too cheesy when he speaks the certainty that he really feels towards her. More charitably towards HW, perhaps SJ has learned that it makes her uncomfortable when he expresses himself so unabashedly – and in fact, success! His new practical approach (yeah, we'll fight, we'll make love, but we oughta at least try, donchathink, or this is such a waste) works, because instead of laughing at him, HW agrees, Well, ok, no harm in trying, huh?

Guest dualnon

jibjibjib said: docster6 said: Do I sense "emotion" from @jibjibjib? To me, jibjibjib was sent from Heaven to us, first as a TRAINEE, then as a ROOKIE and now as an IDOL, with a TON of capability that was impossible to duplicate. @seungshinl even label jibjibjib as a GUY because she feels someone who is so capable for subbing must be a guy. @kalidreamz has since proven that to be untrue. But I think there is still a very strong chance (even with the crying emotion) that @jibjibjib is a guy because HE is a fanboy of Kim Hee Ae, watching everything she has done. Seehttp://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/27377671/#Comment_27377671

My Overdue Thank-You's Post

docster6 said:

gretac

said:

• Like 1