(OFFICIAL) Micheoseo Couple T♥G Taecyeon ♥ Gui Gui; Global Couple Thread !! TaecGui ♥ YeonJie Part 1

Admin

Guest virpotter

Bubble-AF said: GuiGui's birthday is coming soon, so just want to share guigui's pics a bit  XDD  :D :D

hcyl.jpg3wr8.jpg6t8l.jpg
xvp1.jpgun1g.jpgq4t9.jpg
qvh2.jpgzy02.gifdfvx.jpg
All credit to the rightful owner(s)

Don't want to hear you gals/guys say that I am Jjandori, so here are some of Taec's pics/2pm, lol
jpz.gif
credit as tagged and Baidu
2maz.jpg
credit to rightful owner & tumblr

PS: OMG, I feel like I am a BIG thief hahhaa 0.o .... one day those owners are going to kill me for sure Q_Q

@bubble-AF -- this gif is especially cute..
jpz.gif
So if we were to give them official Taecgui lyrics, this is how it would be
Taec: Gui Gui Torawa
Boys: Torawa la la la

PS - I have no idea what torawa actually means but because the song is titled come back to me and they keep repeating that word, I am assuming that is what it means...Oh dear, am I making a fool of myself? 
<:-P

Lmangla said: @bubble-AF -- this gif is especially cute..
jpz.gif

PS - I have no idea what torawa actually means but because the song it titled come back to me and they keep repeating that word, I am assuming thats what it means...Oh dear, am I making a fool of myself? 

off topic... @b8l8 you're going to Kcon? My friend told me about it and asked me to go too since I'll be in California that time. But as much as i want to go, it's my Papa's birthday on the 25th and Sacramento is 6 hrs away by car from LA, so impossible for me to go. 
EDIT:
YAH! @bubbleAF what's with the pervy cartoons??? You naughty you! come here!!! :)) Can't you give us the real ones instead??? hahahahaha aigooo my tummy hurts from laughing =)) =)) =))

@bibidep  Thanks for the welcome.  Same here, I do wish them the best.  Even though it may be a show, I still believe their feelings are real.  It's not fake.  They act naturally towards each other in all these different situations.  I love the way they communicate even if they didn't talk a lot.  They understand each other by heart. 

@angelangie  Guigui is very lovable.   I agree.  She uses her own unique way to get a long with people.  I hope others won't be offended.  She's new to Korea.  It's even her first time coming to Korea just to get married. All the staff adores her.  She's nice, funny, energetic...and sometimes in her own unique way of thinking and ideas, but that is her.  That's the part I love to see and hope she doesn't change.  

Guigui tried really hard to get to Taec to open up and he did slowly open up little by little.  Even his friends could tell.  I love Junho for telling us viewers that he does brag about Guigui.  He does think of her but Guigui was questioning him about that.  lol.  This is really like a once in a lifetime opportunity for Taec and Guigui to meet.  It's fate!  I'm crossing my fingers for some production company to use both of them in a drama series. 

@b8l8  Lol, I watched all TaecGui scenes for almost 4 or 5 times already.  Each time I would find some small little unnoticed scenes.  I started to pay attention to Taec even more.  He likes to look at Guigui whenever she smiles/laugh.  I think he's looking for his energy source.  He brightens up just by looking at bubbly Guigui.

On Ep1, Taec pointed out the shoe that Guigui would like and he got it right (silver shoes).  On Ep2, when Guigui told Taec that when a couple is married, the husband would carry his wife upstairs/to the bedroom.  Taec was all smiling because that was what he wanted to do when he gets married (from watching Stairway to Heaven??).  

TaecGui_carry1.jpg

TaecGui_carry02.jpg

Lmangla said: @bubble-AF -- this gif is especially cute..
jpz.gif
So if we were to give them official Taecgui lyrics, this is how it would be

PS - I have no idea what torawa actually means but because the song is titled come back to me and they keep repeating that word, I am assuming that is what it means...Oh dear, am I making a fool of myself? 

JaeBin said:

@bibidep  Thanks for the welcome.  Same here, I do wish them the best.  Even though it may be a show, I still believe their feelings are real.  It's not fake.  They act naturally towards each other in all these different situations.  I love the way they communicate even if they didn't talk a lot.  They understand each other by heart. 

@angelangie  Guigui is very lovable.   I agree.  She uses her own unique way to get a long with people.  I hope others won't be offended.  She's new to Korea.  It's even her first time coming to Korea just to get married. All the staff adores her.  She's nice, funny, energetic...and sometimes in her own unique way of thinking and ideas, but that is her.  That's the part I love to see and hope she doesn't change.  

Guigui tried really hard to get to Taec to open up and he did slowly open up little by little.  Even his friends could tell.  I love Junho for telling us viewers that he does brag about Guigui.  He does think of her but Guigui was questioning him about that.  lol.  This is really like a once in a lifetime opportunity for Taec and Guigui to meet.  It's fate!  I'm crossing my fingers for some production company to use both of them in a drama series. 

@b8l8  Lol, I watched all TaecGui scenes for almost 4 or 5 times already.  Each time I would find some small little unnoticed scenes.  I started to pay attention to Taec even more.  He likes to look at Guigui whenever she smiles/laugh.  I think he's looking for his energy source.  He brightens up just by looking at bubbly Guigui.

On Ep1, Taec pointed out the shoe that Guigui would like and he got it right (silver shoes).  On Ep2, when Guigui told Taec that when a couple is married, the husband would carry his wife upstairs/to the bedroom.  Taec was all smiling because that was what he wanted to do when he gets married (from watching Stairway to Heaven??).  

TaecGui_carry1.jpg

TaecGui_carry02.jpg

packmule3 said:

@lmangla. Here’s the Ep 2 and 3 installment. I see you’re reviewing the Jejudo honeymoon already…wait for me!  And don’t worry :) I didn’t forget the basic necessities like toothbrush and wrinkle cream. You do know why I’m called packmule3, right? Because when my family travels, I’m known to carry enough provisions for 3 families, like the pack mule in a traveling caravan. I ALWAYS overpack, according to my long-suffering husband. Hence, the Harley. lol. I guess I also overpacked this post, so take your time reading.

Note to readers: Since I’m trying to be user-friendly, I’ve adapted the Disneyworld’s ride restriction as warning for this post -- 

Must have at least a sense of humor and irony to read. Delusions are highly recommended. For safety and comfort, you should be in good health and free from heart, back, eye, or mental problems, obsessive oppa sickness, sensitive skin or other conditions that could be aggravated by this opinion piece. People expecting a metaphysical treatise on how to solve the insurgency problem in the Galapagos [residents: Darwin’s animals] should stop reading now and head for the nearest cliff. This is purely for fun, so sue me.

Here goes…

Episode 2 and 3

Since these two episodes were filmed in one day, I’ll treat them as a two-act play and rename it the Taming of the Shrewd. In the Shakespearean comedy, the very temperamental and shrewish heroine gets “tamed” by her husband. In this version, the street-smart Taecyeon gets tamed by our smarty-pants Guigui.

What I like:

1. The icebreaker. Whoever conceived of re-enacting Guigui’s favorite drama scenes is a genius! I don’t know if it’s the idea of the scriptwriter unnie or Guigui herself, but it relaxed the atmosphere between Taecgui and gave the audience plenty of hilarious views of Taec’s responses to extreme situations. I don’t know who he was trying to convince when he insisted that he was the boss. But when a 5’4, 99 lb girl could harass and hen-peck him, tug him to bed, spray him with perfume, pound him with a pillow, divebomb on his lap, and make him air-kiss her, with impunity, it’s a no-brainer:  He might be the boss, but she’s master of his universe. 

Guigui had me in stitches many times, especially when she merrily ignored his protests and continued to rip open the pillow while he was panicking and telling her to “Wait a second, [willya]?” because he still had to situate their camera.  My delusional thought was: if he’s already feeling harassed because she’s hurrying him up for a pillow fight, wait till she orders him to step on the gas because their baby’s on the way.  Oh! How I wish we had a second season. There are so many more creative scenarios that we can put this couple in. @chu3x, any Taecgui story with them as expectant parents, in the pipeline?

2. Her luggage. While some critics ridiculed Guigui’s metallic, plastic-y suitcase as tacky, I admired her for the contents of her luggage.  The couple aprons and PJs, the after-dinner snack, her favorite alien character gears and her photo album, even the ehru [which I assumed she intended as house décor because she couldn’t play it], all these things were meant for sharing. All the stuff she brought from Taiwan were for their virtual life together, including her English books, because she was studying English to communicate better with him. [Taec did the same thing, too, with the couple “feelings” mugs and his piano gift.]

Oftentimes, the problem with shallow people is that they mistake a rain puddle for the Atlantic Ocean. Though Guigui didn’t bring “all about me” items like the bling-bling, the toys, and the trophies [and I mean the physical trophies as well as the symbolic ones to embroider or publish their accomplishments], her dowry showed us her true self the best of all. She’s a generous person…and a modest one to boot. Right, @lmofan? We love her for that.

3. Their books.  [Thanks to @angelangie and @luliastefania for their excellent sleuthing skills. They noted Taec’s Harry Potter books.] We know: Guigui’s English workbooks must look woefully elementary beside Harry Potter. But I wonder if briefly scanning her books reminded Taec of his own experience of learning English in a foreign country. Taec wasn’t a native English speaker himself. He only came to Massachusetts when he was what? 6? 7? years old. That would’ve meant that he was segregated to attend English as a Second Language classes in the primary grades (<2nd grade) until he reached a proficiency level that would guarantee him success in the mainstream classes. He would have felt a kindred spirit in her and empathy for her struggles instead of shame and condescension for her poor English. 

On a side note: That’s why many of the Taecgui fans here at this forum also don’t mind a poster's English, educational attainment or professional status. As long as you, lurkers and new posters, come here to post with good intentions, the welcoming brigade, made of @angelangie, @bladerunner, @pluie625, @minwooluv78, et al, wishes you a happy home here in the forum.

4. Their 10 Commandments. I think this segment is important because it previewed their approach to settling differences in the future. For instance, psychologists would have a field day analyzing their individual posters for character traits. Guigui used neon green poster board, handwrote her rules, and decorated it with random but cute artwork (i.e., a ghost). Taec used white paper, computer-printed his rules, and omitted any decorations; his was just stark black-and-white. Considering her English, she must have spent at least an hour on it and consulted the dictionary, too. (It’s okay, Guigui…I knew you meant housework instead of husband.)  Taec would’ve been done with his in 30 minutes, tops.

Also, the lists themselves are stylistically different.  His list was generic and, except for the last three line-items about waking up, eating breakfast and staying away 10 m when he was sick, all of the rules were incontestably true [meaning: how can you argue against his rules to be honest, share housework, etc.]. GG’s list on the other hand, was refreshingly earthy. It referred to holding hands in public, snoring, scratching body parts, and farting under the blanket.  Also, some of her demands were clearly wife-biased, like the husband should apologize first no matter what. lol. It was like she was testing her boundaries to see whether Taec would allow her to get away with murder. Of course, we all knew she was teasing because of the ease and readiness she gave in.

But I’m relieved that they didn’t tiptoe around the key flashpoint: breakfast. Guigui’s Spiderman-tingly sense alerted her to Taec’s evasiveness and she tried to get him to commit while he was purposely withholding his consent until he got a word in edgewise. I would’ve disliked it if GG were to walk away from arguing her side, simply in order to maintain peace between them, in the same way I would’ve disliked it if Taec were to acquiesce to her demand lest she dissolve to tears. I’m also glad that neither one exhibited passive-aggressive traits….There’s nothing as frustrating as a partner who flip-flops between passive acceptance of a situation and aggressive tantrums, combined with sulking and/or demeaning of “lowly staff.”  We know who we’re talking about, @angelangie? Wink.wink.

Their end result was a 50/50 split. Briefly, their new set of rules comprised of:  1) GG: Greet with big smile; 2) TY: Share housework; 3) GG: Scratch itchy parts of body; 4) TY: Don’t lie; be honest; 5) GG: Always help with housework; 6) TY: One complaint a day; and 7) GG: Enjoy every meal.  I didn’t see the last three rules in screen, but I’m assuming they were:  8) TY: Don’t force him to wake up; 9) GG: Hold hands when outside; and 10) TY: No breakfast. For Taecgui, giving each other their genuine responses, rather than placating each other with white lies, enabled them to discover certain non-negotiable truths about each other. In the long run, this type of relationship is eminently more satisfying than a relationship where one person plays the martyr card and the other one plays the victim card.

5. Cooking time. If the Creation of Rules showed us how they compromised and consolidated their differing values, their Cooking Time put their rules to the test. What I liked about GG is that she took to heart Taec’s original 2nd commandment to “take care of your own business,” and that “if you’re cooking food, then you’re cooking food. I’m not cooking for you.” I believed that was why she was reluctant to ask for his help to chop up the chicken.  However, what I liked about Taec is that, even though he appeared rigid and unyielding with his prescribed rules, he was much attuned to GG’s needs, and he actually offered his help before she asked. Like in Ep 1, when he was concerned that she’d hurt herself slipping in the snow, here in Ep 2, he was anxious that she’d hurt herself with the knife. And we’ll be seeing this over and over again where his solicitude toward GG overrides any preconceived rules he has of His and Her chores. Without a fuss, he’ll just take care of business [see housewarming party] and help her.  Don’t you agree, @shermainelng? Who wouldn’t want a guy like that by her side?  

6. Their physical proximity.  Our sharp-eyed @xybershock and @mikoshine probably already noticed how physically close Taecgui were throughout these episodes. Except for when he was adjusting the camera or when they were frolicking in the snow, they were rarely separated more than 2 arms-length from each other. Of course, Taecgui killjoys would argue that Taecgui had no choice but to be physically close since the show’s taping was done indoors. Firing back, this evil smartass girl would point out that if Taec and GG were independent countries, Taec’s actions would be construed as a full-scale invasion of the personal space of neighboring GG with the single goal of her annexation into Taec’s world. His relentless campaign IS a declaration of war, and only Antarctica [legal residents: penguins and killjoys] would coldly insist on the contrary. 

For instance, he hovered around her all the time. Had GG suddenly stopped dead in her tracks while he was following her, he would have ran over her like a Sherman tank. When there was the whole expanse of the living room, he’d still managed to bump against her like he was some sort of heat-seeking missile. The three-seater couch? The staff could have saved money and opted for a loveseat, since Taecgui only occupied 1/3 of the couch anyway. Or they could’ve bought a chaise longue, instead, for Taecgui did like to lounge on each other, didn’t they?  And when Taecgui consulting her phone after the pillow fight, did he really have to stick his face beside GG’s face, and to practically breathe in the same oxygen, when he was tall enough to look over her head? For a guy so prudish that he didn’t want to lay down ON that queen-sized bed with her [yes, he even dangled his legs at the side of the bed], he surely had no qualms being this close >..< to her.  Methinks, the gentleman doth protest too much.

I agree with Guigui about:

1. The Robot. It did break in her hands but it was also poorly packed in the box. The jostling and shaking during the transport no doubt contributed to its easy breakage.

2. Chicken. A guy coolly chopping off a chicken neck with a loud “twack!” looks manly. It’s this whole “Me, Tarzan, You, Jane” image stamped into our feminine psyche. Plus, chicken is REALLY hard to cut up when you aren’t swinging down your chef’s knife with full force like a machete. And CONFESSION time…how many of us here have actually cut up a whole chicken? I haven’t. If I buy the whole bird -- chicken, capon, duck, geese, or turkey -- it’s going to go in the oven as a whole bird. I do not mess around with chicken parts and innards.

3. Superman. At first viewing, this segment when she donned the curtains as a cape, struck me as odd. I questioned why was GG doing this and concluded that she was still very young at heart [euphemism for acting “childish and silly”]. Now, however, I think GG was just putting on her “variety show” persona to save the day. I bet they were filming for hours, and Taec’s energy level was beginning to flag. Being an introverted person, he would retreat into his quiet shell. Most likely, GG sensed this and had to play court jester for a while to keep up the entertainment. Later on in the season, when their body rhythms were more in sync with each other, like at the aquarium at Jejudo, there was less and less need for her to put on a performance and carry the show. By that time, she was relying more on Taec to set the pace of the show.

I agree with him about:

1. The headlock. I originally thought that was one awkward way to cover somebody’s eyes. The customary method is to extend both his arms out and have both hands cover her eyes. It would look like a backhug but with Taec’s long arms, there would be ample distance between their bodies….But that’s the schoolmarmish me rationalizing. My fangirl soul is telling me that a one-arm headlock is doubly romantic. Why? Again, it fits this “Me, Tarzan, You, Jane” trope where the primitive hero grabs the girl by her hair, slings her over one shoulder and carries her to his man-cave.  But since we aren’t watching a B-movie, we’ve to settle with Taec hauling Guigui away to their honeymoon house within the crook of his elbow. lol.

2. Her eyes. Her eyes did grow big when she saw his gift. I’m glad that he noticed her eyes [ep 14, too, when he said the stuff toy they won at the shooting gallery had her big eyes] without feeling pressured to compliment her for her “beautiful” eyes each and every occasion...if you know what I mean. J  Taecgui fans have really simple, Victorian pleasures...we swoon over their eye contacts.   

3. Guigui choking on feathers is funny. He tried to take them of her mouth and brush them off her sweater. [be careful, Taec, you might accidentally touch her chest! lol] But the way his face lit up in the interview, when he was remembering her choking is…so Tom and Jerry-ish.

4. The Alien pajamas. With her last gag-gift, Taec’s reversal-of-fortune, from cool, beastly 2PM member to dorky husband of Guigui, was complete. But what I liked about him is that, although he knew he couldn’t say outright that he disliked the gift without appearing ungracious and churlish, he nonetheless registered his dissatisfaction with the selca picture. His cross face on the 1st selca was his method of showing his honest opinion; his smiling face on the 2nd selca was his way of appeasing her afterward.  Good one!

5. “Expects more.” I think the anti-fans deliberately twisted his interview to point out that he was dissatisfied with their current status and he wanted better.  No. I think he meant that, given the fun that they’ve had so far, he anticipated and looked forward to the small but steady steps they were taking together to build a meaningful relationship in the future.  Given that he only had 5 seconds to give a soundbite, it must have been difficult to formulate his thoughts, without sounding like a cliché.

You know @lmangla, you had asked how many times Hongki proposed; honestly, I stopped counting at three -- at the bridal shop, at the photo-shoot where he sang and used his shoes as props in the proposal, and at the small chapel in Okinawa. If we were to count only those proposals made verbally, then yes, Taecgui only had one proposal. But if we were to consider also those proposals made in deed, not just words, then I’d regard the jjanddori/silver shoes moment as their first, dry-run, proposal scene.

I understood Guigui’s intention when she had asked him to buy the shoes for her. The request wasn’t so much about the shoes per se, because she could afford to buy 10 pairs for herself if she wanted, but it was about her unvoiced questions: Are you, Taec, willing to take a walk in life with me? Taec, will you be generous enough of yourself, of your time, effort, and commitment, to make our next three months work? Do you like me enough, Taec, to grant me this favor? In essence, the shoes became the “objectification” of her unspoken fears. So, when he refused, I understood also her disappointment. In the literal sense of the word jjandori, Taec was a tightwad, a cheapskate, a Scrooge. But in the deeper, inexpressible level, she might have believed that Taec was going to be an emotionally stingy partner, the type of man to hoard one’s affection and to ration out small pieces of his heart. That was why the gift was such an unforgettable item for her and she referred to the moment as pivotal [technically, she said “Before shoes…After shoes,” like it was a historical event similar to B.C. and A.D.]. She had discovered then that she could put her faith in him.

For me, the jjandoori/silver shoes represented a significant milestone. It wasn’t an engagement ring nor was it a song-and-props fanfare, but as his first formal gesture to sweep her off her feet, he was successful in inviting her to trust him and his sincere intentions to do his best for their virtual marriage. It’s good enough of a proposal for this old gal.  

Good night, y'all. 

Manila girl: cdbarzun 

pluie625 said: off topic... @b8l8 you're going to Kcon? My friend told me about it and asked me to go too since I'll be in California that time. But as much as i want to go, it's my Papa's birthday on the 25th and Sacramento is 6 hrs away by car from LA, so impossible for me to go. 
EDIT:
YAH! @bubbleAF what's with the pervy cartoons??? You naughty you! come here!!! :)) Can't you give us the real ones instead??? hahahahaha aigooo my tummy hurts from laughing =)) =)) =))

JaeBin said:

sorry to cut short

@pluie625   Thank you.  I really enjoy coming to this thread.  Great to meet TaecGui fans around the world! :D

I think screencap shows between each still of their facial expression.  Sharing a few more screencaps of Kwanghee visiting TaecGui at the housewarming party.  

We all know Taec is proud of his body.  He is even shy/embarrassed that Kwanghee said he has the best body.  I don't think Taec mind about the handsome face comment since he's already known as beast... not for looks... he'll give it to Nichkhun. lol.  But he's still happy to translate it to Guigui.

TaecGui_kwanghee1.jpg

....But Guigui is not happy that Kwanghee made that comment that Taec is not handsome... 

TaecGui_kwanghee2.jpg

....... and I think Taec is happy inside that his wife is backing him up...

TaecGui_kwanghee3.jpg

Guest chu3x

packmule3

said:

@lmangla. Here’s the Ep 2 and 3 installment. I see you’re reviewing the Jejudo honeymoon already…wait for me!  And don’t worry :) I didn’t forget the basic necessities like toothbrush and wrinkle cream. You do know why I’m called packmule3, right? Because when my family travels, I’m known to carry enough provisions for 3 families, like the pack mule in a traveling caravan. I ALWAYS overpack, according to my long-suffering husband. Hence, the Harley. lol. I guess I also overpacked this post, so take your time reading.

Note to readers: Since I’m trying to be user-friendly, I’ve adapted the Disneyworld’s ride restriction as warning for this post -- 

Must have at least a sense of humor and irony to read. Delusions are highly recommended. For safety and comfort, you should be in good health and free from heart, back, eye, or mental problems, obsessive oppa sickness, sensitive skin or other conditions that could be aggravated by this opinion piece. People expecting a metaphysical treatise on how to solve the insurgency problem in the Galapagos [residents: Darwin’s animals] should stop reading now and head for the nearest cliff. This is purely for fun, so sue me.

Here goes…

Episode 2 and 3

Since these two episodes were filmed in one day, I’ll treat them as a two-act play and rename it the Taming of the Shrewd. In the Shakespearean comedy, the very temperamental and shrewish heroine gets “tamed” by her husband. In this version, the street-smart Taecyeon gets tamed by our smarty-pants Guigui.

What I like:

1. The icebreaker. Whoever conceived of re-enacting Guigui’s favorite drama scenes is a genius! I don’t know if it’s the idea of the scriptwriter unnie or Guigui herself, but it relaxed the atmosphere between Taecgui and gave the audience plenty of hilarious views of Taec’s responses to extreme situations. I don’t know who he was trying to convince when he insisted that he was the boss. But when a 5’4, 99 lb girl could harass and hen-peck him, tug him to bed, spray him with perfume, pound him with a pillow, divebomb on his lap, and make him air-kiss her, with impunity, it’s a no-brainer:  He might be the boss, but she’s master of his universe. 

Guigui had me in stitches many times, especially when she merrily ignored his protests and continued to rip open the pillow while he was panicking and telling her to “Wait a second, [willya]?” because he still had to situate their camera.  My delusional thought was: if he’s already feeling harassed because she’s hurrying him up for a pillow fight, wait till she orders him to step on the gas because their baby’s on the way.  Oh! How I wish we had a second season. There are so many more creative scenarios that we can put this couple in. @chu3x, any Taecgui story with them as expectant parents, in the pipeline?

2. Her luggage. While some critics ridiculed Guigui’s metallic, plastic-y suitcase as tacky, I admired her for the contents of her luggage.  The couple aprons and PJs, the after-dinner snack, her favorite alien character gears and her photo album, even the ehru [which I assumed she intended as house décor because she couldn’t play it], all these things were meant for sharing. All the stuff she brought from Taiwan were for their virtual life together, including her English books, because she was studying English to communicate better with him. [Taec did the same thing, too, with the couple “feelings” mugs and his piano gift.]

Oftentimes, the problem with shallow people is that they mistake a rain puddle for the Atlantic Ocean. Though Guigui didn’t bring “all about me” items like the bling-bling, the toys, and the trophies [and I mean the physical trophies as well as the symbolic ones to embroider or publish their accomplishments], her dowry showed us her true self the best of all. She’s a generous person…and a modest one to boot. Right, @lmofan? We love her for that.

3. Their books.  [Thanks to @angelangie and @luliastefania for their excellent sleuthing skills. They noted Taec’s Harry Potter books.] We know: Guigui’s English workbooks must look woefully elementary beside Harry Potter. But I wonder if briefly scanning her books reminded Taec of his own experience of learning English in a foreign country. Taec wasn’t a native English speaker himself. He only came to Massachusetts when he was what? 6? 7? years old. That would’ve meant that he was segregated to attend English as a Second Language classes in the primary grades (<2nd grade) until he reached a proficiency level that would guarantee him success in the mainstream classes. He would have felt a kindred spirit in her and empathy for her struggles instead of shame and condescension for her poor English. 

On a side note: That’s why many of the Taecgui fans here at this forum also don’t mind a poster's English, educational attainment or professional status. As long as you, lurkers and new posters, come here to post with good intentions, the welcoming brigade, made of @angelangie, @bladerunner, @pluie625, @minwooluv78, et al, wishes you a happy home here in the forum.

4. Their 10 Commandments. I think this segment is important because it previewed their approach to settling differences in the future. For instance, psychologists would have a field day analyzing their individual posters for character traits. Guigui used neon green poster board, handwrote her rules, and decorated it with random but cute artwork (i.e., a ghost). Taec used white paper, computer-printed his rules, and omitted any decorations; his was just stark black-and-white. Considering her English, she must have spent at least an hour on it and consulted the dictionary, too. (It’s okay, Guigui…I knew you meant housework instead of husband.)  Taec would’ve been done with his in 30 minutes, tops.

Also, the lists themselves are stylistically different.  His list was generic and, except for the last three line-items about waking up, eating breakfast and staying away 10 m when he was sick, all of the rules were incontestably true [meaning: how can you argue against his rules to be honest, share housework, etc.]. GG’s list on the other hand, was refreshingly earthy. It referred to holding hands in public, snoring, scratching body parts, and farting under the blanket.  Also, some of her demands were clearly wife-biased, like the husband should apologize first no matter what. lol. It was like she was testing her boundaries to see whether Taec would allow her to get away with murder. Of course, we all knew she was teasing because of the ease and readiness she gave in.

But I’m relieved that they didn’t tiptoe around the key flashpoint: breakfast. Guigui’s Spiderman-tingly sense alerted her to Taec’s evasiveness and she tried to get him to commit while he was purposely withholding his consent until he got a word in edgewise. I would’ve disliked it if GG were to walk away from arguing her side, simply in order to maintain peace between them, in the same way I would’ve disliked it if Taec were to acquiesce to her demand lest she dissolve to tears. I’m also glad that neither one exhibited passive-aggressive traits….There’s nothing as frustrating as a partner who flip-flops between passive acceptance of a situation and aggressive tantrums, combined with sulking and/or demeaning of “lowly staff.”  We know who we’re talking about, @angelangie? Wink.wink.

Their end result was a 50/50 split. Briefly, their new set of rules comprised of:  1) GG: Greet with big smile; 2) TY: Share housework; 3) GG: Scratch itchy parts of body; 4) TY: Don’t lie; be honest; 5) GG: Always help with housework; 6) TY: One complaint a day; and 7) GG: Enjoy every meal.  I didn’t see the last three rules in screen, but I’m assuming they were:  8) TY: Don’t force him to wake up; 9) GG: Hold hands when outside; and 10) TY: No breakfast. For Taecgui, giving each other their genuine responses, rather than placating each other with white lies, enabled them to discover certain non-negotiable truths about each other. In the long run, this type of relationship is eminently more satisfying than a relationship where one person plays the martyr card and the other one plays the victim card.

5. Cooking time. If the Creation of Rules showed us how they compromised and consolidated their differing values, their Cooking Time put their rules to the test. What I liked about GG is that she took to heart Taec’s original 2nd commandment to “take care of your own business,” and that “if you’re cooking food, then you’re cooking food. I’m not cooking for you.” I believed that was why she was reluctant to ask for his help to chop up the chicken.  However, what I liked about Taec is that, even though he appeared rigid and unyielding with his prescribed rules, he was much attuned to GG’s needs, and he actually offered his help before she asked. Like in Ep 1, when he was concerned that she’d hurt herself slipping in the snow, here in Ep 2, he was anxious that she’d hurt herself with the knife. And we’ll be seeing this over and over again where his solicitude toward GG overrides any preconceived rules he has of His and Her chores. Without a fuss, he’ll just take care of business [see housewarming party] and help her.  Don’t you agree, @shermainelng? Who wouldn’t want a guy like that by her side?  

6. Their physical proximity.  Our sharp-eyed @xybershock and @mikoshine probably already noticed how physically close Taecgui were throughout these episodes. Except for when he was adjusting the camera or when they were frolicking in the snow, they were rarely separated more than 2 arms-length from each other. Of course, Taecgui killjoys would argue that Taecgui had no choice but to be physically close since the show’s taping was done indoors. Firing back, this evil smartass girl would point out that if Taec and GG were independent countries, Taec’s actions would be construed as a full-scale invasion of the personal space of neighboring GG with the single goal of her annexation into Taec’s world. His relentless campaign IS a declaration of war, and only Antarctica [legal residents: penguins and killjoys] would coldly insist on the contrary. 

For instance, he hovered around her all the time. Had GG suddenly stopped dead in her tracks while he was following her, he would have ran over her like a Sherman tank. When there was the whole expanse of the living room, he’d still managed to bump against her like he was some sort of heat-seeking missile. The three-seater couch? The staff could have saved money and opted for a loveseat, since Taecgui only occupied 1/3 of the couch anyway. Or they could’ve bought a chaise longue, instead, for Taecgui did like to lounge on each other, didn’t they?  And when Taecgui consulting her phone after the pillow fight, did he really have to stick his face beside GG’s face, and to practically breathe in the same oxygen, when he was tall enough to look over her head? For a guy so prudish that he didn’t want to lay down ON that queen-sized bed with her [yes, he even dangled his legs at the side of the bed], he surely had no qualms being this close >..< to her.  Methinks, the gentleman doth protest too much.

I agree with Guigui about:

1. The Robot. It did break in her hands but it was also poorly packed in the box. The jostling and shaking during the transport no doubt contributed to its easy breakage.

2. Chicken. A guy coolly chopping off a chicken neck with a loud “twack!” looks manly. It’s this whole “Me, Tarzan, You, Jane” image stamped into our feminine psyche. Plus, chicken is REALLY hard to cut up when you aren’t swinging down your chef’s knife with full force like a machete. And CONFESSION time…how many of us here have actually cut up a whole chicken? I haven’t. If I buy the whole bird -- chicken, capon, duck, geese, or turkey -- it’s going to go in the oven as a whole bird. I do not mess around with chicken parts and innards.

3. Superman. At first viewing, this segment when she donned the curtains as a cape, struck me as odd. I questioned why was GG doing this and concluded that she was still very young at heart [euphemism for acting “childish and silly”]. Now, however, I think GG was just putting on her “variety show” persona to save the day. I bet they were filming for hours, and Taec’s energy level was beginning to flag. Being an introverted person, he would retreat into his quiet shell. Most likely, GG sensed this and had to play court jester for a while to keep up the entertainment. Later on in the season, when their body rhythms were more in sync with each other, like at the aquarium at Jejudo, there was less and less need for her to put on a performance and carry the show. By that time, she was relying more on Taec to set the pace of the show.

I agree with him about:

1. The headlock. I originally thought that was one awkward way to cover somebody’s eyes. The customary method is to extend both his arms out and have both hands cover her eyes. It would look like a backhug but with Taec’s long arms, there would be ample distance between their bodies….But that’s the schoolmarmish me rationalizing. My fangirl soul is telling me that a one-arm headlock is doubly romantic. Why? Again, it fits this “Me, Tarzan, You, Jane” trope where the primitive hero grabs the girl by her hair, slings her over one shoulder and carries her to his man-cave.  But since we aren’t watching a B-movie, we’ve to settle with Taec hauling Guigui away to their honeymoon house within the crook of his elbow. lol.

2. Her eyes. Her eyes did grow big when she saw his gift. I’m glad that he noticed her eyes [ep 14, too, when he said the stuff toy they won at the shooting gallery had her big eyes] without feeling pressured to compliment her for her “beautiful” eyes each and every occasion...if you know what I mean. J  Taecgui fans have really simple, Victorian pleasures...we swoon over their eye contacts.   

3. Guigui choking on feathers is funny. He tried to take them of her mouth and brush them off her sweater. [be careful, Taec, you might accidentally touch her chest! lol] But the way his face lit up in the interview, when he was remembering her choking is…so Tom and Jerry-ish.

4. The Alien pajamas. With her last gag-gift, Taec’s reversal-of-fortune, from cool, beastly 2PM member to dorky husband of Guigui, was complete. But what I liked about him is that, although he knew he couldn’t say outright that he disliked the gift without appearing ungracious and churlish, he nonetheless registered his dissatisfaction with the selca picture. His cross face on the 1st selca was his method of showing his honest opinion; his smiling face on the 2nd selca was his way of appeasing her afterward.  Good one!

5. “Expects more.” I think the anti-fans deliberately twisted his interview to point out that he was dissatisfied with their current status and he wanted better.  No. I think he meant that, given the fun that they’ve had so far, he anticipated and looked forward to the small but steady steps they were taking together to build a meaningful relationship in the future.  Given that he only had 5 seconds to give a soundbite, it must have been difficult to formulate his thoughts, without sounding like a cliché.

You know @lmangla, you had asked how many times Hongki proposed; honestly, I stopped counting at three -- at the bridal shop, at the photo-shoot where he sang and used his shoes as props in the proposal, and at the small chapel in Okinawa. If we were to count only those proposals made verbally, then yes, Taecgui only had one proposal. But if we were to consider also those proposals made in deed, not just words, then I’d regard the jjanddori/silver shoes moment as their first, dry-run, proposal scene.

I understood Guigui’s intention when she had asked him to buy the shoes for her. The request wasn’t so much about the shoes per se, because she could afford to buy 10 pairs for herself if she wanted, but it was about her unvoiced questions: Are you, Taec, willing to take a walk in life with me? Taec, will you be generous enough of yourself, of your time, effort, and commitment, to make our next three months work? Do you like me enough, Taec, to grant me this favor? In essence, the shoes became the “objectification” of her unspoken fears. So, when he refused, I understood also her disappointment. In the literal sense of the word jjandori, Taec was a tightwad, a cheapskate, a Scrooge. But in the deeper, inexpressible level, she might have believed that Taec was going to be an emotionally stingy partner, the type of man to hoard one’s affection and to ration out small pieces of his heart. That was why the gift was such an unforgettable item for her and she referred to the moment as pivotal [technically, she said “Before shoes…After shoes,” like it was a historical event similar to B.C. and A.D.]. She had discovered then that she could put her faith in him.

For me, the jjandoori/silver shoes represented a significant milestone. It wasn’t an engagement ring nor was it a song-and-props fanfare, but as his first formal gesture to sweep her off her feet, he was successful in inviting her to trust him and his sincere intentions to do his best for their virtual marriage. It’s good enough of a proposal for this old gal.  

Good night, y'all. 

Manila girl: cdbarzun 

Guest chu3x

b8l8 said:
@bluemoonlight   =)) at your pics
@chu3x 
that's some talent you have.   ^:)^with great power comes great responsibility.  :)) :))
@packmule3
what a great way to start my tuesday!!! now I'm off to read your post!
@guiguin

I believe that what we have here is not just a mere ship. We are not merely shippers of TaecGui, we have also grown to be chingus over the course of this thread. Some more than others. We are a global community, from different cultural backgrounds, speaking different languages holding different ideals and beliefs. TaecGui is our common ground. Let us exercise some tolerance and show TaecGui that despite these differences, we can make it work. English is a second language for many including myself. I don't think there is a true admirer here of Guigui who would ridicule somebody's poor English skills. That was one of the things that endeared her to me as well as set the dynamics of their relationship (I think we have already established that in this thread). The thing is, when you are not able to communicate well or get your point across in the spoken language, you can always make up for it with body language. Something our alien couple seemed to be very well versed with. However, with the written word, that is not always the case. We cannot hear the tone of your voice nor the manner with which you are speaking. So when we post, we use emoticons, all caps, bold letters, brightly colored texts, exclamation points, etc to set the tone. Please don't misunderstand us when we are just responding to the tone of your post, which actually may not have been intentional on your part at all. So let's put the matter to rest and make this a learning experience on cultural diversity, shall we?

我相信,我們這裡有什麼是不只是一個單純的船舶.我們不只是我們也成長為這個線程的過程chingus的TaecGui貨主.比別人多一些.我們是一個全球性的社區,來自不同文化背景,說著不同的語言,持有不同的理想和信念.TaecGui是我們的共同點.讓我們行使一些的寬容和顯示TaecGui,儘管這些界限,我們可以使它工作.英語是第二語言,很多人包括我自己在內.我不認為是一個真正的崇拜者貴貴在這裡,他們會嘲笑別人的英語水平差.這是一個心愛的東西,她對我以及他們的關係(我認為,我們已經確定,在這個線程)的動態. 事情是, 當你不能夠很好地溝通, 或在口語中, 你總是可以彌補它與身體語言, 您的觀點. 我們的外來夫婦的事情, 似乎是十分精通. 然而, 與文字, 情況並非如此。我們不能聽到你的聲音,也不方式與你說話的語氣。所以,當我們發布,我們使用表情符號,粗體,顏色鮮豔的文字,感嘆號等定下了基調。請不要誤會我們,當我們只是因您的文章,這實際上可能不會一直故意在你的一部分,在所有的基調.所以,讓我們把事件告一段落,使這對文化多樣性的一個學習的經驗,好嗎?byGoogle

I feel like I have finally decided to take the scenic route this time but my kids are bickering nonstop in the back seat. c'mon now, please... 

[-O<   let's take a deep breath, savor the view and enjoy the ride.PEACE! 平安!

off topic

got my tickets to the kcon!!!anybody else going?

Guest chu3x

Bubble-AF said:

@chu3x you're here! you're here! I'm not too excited am I? :)) I'm just happy and just want to know if you have updates on the fanfics hahaha And @packmule3 gave you an idea of Taecgui having a baby hahahha... and I so love your signature, they're so cute and playful and just plainly adorable.
@JaeBin yeah he knows well he's not that good looking like a flower boy.... but knows so damn well that he has the best body... But he also does know that he has a lot of charisma and that he is good looking in his own way, the beastly way, the ruggedly handsome way (which I like hehehe). I'd go for the rugged and manly man than the flower boy type of guy.  

Archived