[Variety] Shinhwa Broadcast

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe Andy, oh Andy. Andy...when he's awkward you can really tell he's awkward and you become awkward just watching him, but when he goes all out...he really goes ALL out! That's why he's so awesome haha. I love it when he just like throws his body everywhere even though his back isn't in a very good condition at the moment. I look forward to tomorrow's episode, it's gonna be splendid! :D

Guest rose_liana

Parts 1-3 out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCz_jkRSZTQ

part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt3McJF5Jow

part 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFeySayH7Y0

btw, good news! the rating for episode 10 is maintain above 1% for AGBN rating 1.298%!! :D

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=109&aid=0002352642

i really love episode 10.. i've rewatched 3 times already!lol really love the Room to Room game..they should put Andy in the 1st room. he's so good ~haha and Nayoung is really funny too!

i love the part when HS being scold and needs to change his room 3times. Eric scold him the most haha and when Eric make mistakes, Hyesung takes revenge hahaha these men act like little child, really lol

and speech channel~ aww~ our Andy getting upset for being the most worst in speech. and Hyesung plays his role as mommy bird comforting him <3 <3 <3

i really cant wait for next week episode. they gonna debate, it looks intense and funny at same time!

Shinhwa ganji b!!! Shinhwa Broadcast fighting!

For anyone who's interested you could look at my tumblr as I made some screen caps and translations for certain scenes that I find funny. Trying to make gifs and more screen caps now...

http://axerine.tumblr.com/

Guest rose_liana

For anyone who's interested you could look at my tumblr as I made some screen caps and translations for certain scenes that I find funny. Trying to make gifs and more screen caps now...

thank you!!! DW again with his dirty answer!! LOL

and next week preview debating on their nude phootobook and HS ask DW to feel his non-existence abs is too hilarious HAHA

That's hilarious haha. I wish I knew what they were saying! I was laughing hysterically during their part of the room guessing game haha. RicSung is just awesome!

Guest rose_liana

i cant hold myself to post this! while AGBN rating still above 1%, meanwhile TNS rating reach 2%!! 2.076%

oh, please let this continue!! i dont know what will happen to me if Shinhwa Broadcast stop at 30th episode.

Edit: translated news on the rating

‘Shinhwa Broadcast’ maintains stable ratings boasting star power

JTBC’s ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’ continues to average over 1% ratings.

According to the data provided by AGB Nielsen media research on the 20th, the May 19th episode of ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’ recorded a national average of 1.298%. Compared to the prior week it’s only a 0.073% drop.

Although the ratings has slipped slightly compared to the prior week, the difference is so small is near inconsequential. Many if not most programs of JTBC programs have initially averaged over 1% just to see it drop dramatically in the next week. However, ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’ broke the 1% ratings barrier on the 12th and has maintained the 1% ratings on the following week.

This week’s episode recreated the now cancelled but once upon a time a family favorite program, ‘Family Game Show’ dubbed ‘New Family Game Show’. Unfortunately member Shin Hye Sung had much trouble giving correct answers on the show and fell to the disgrace of becoming everyone’s punching bag.

Image: JTBC ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’

Source: OSEN via Nate

Credit: JJ @kpopfever

Guest rose_liana

gifs from Shinhwa Broadcast episode 10

New talent of Andy lol

tumblr_m4b40dKAU51qe0d48o1_400.giftumblr_m4b40dKAU51qe0d48o2_400.gif

tumblr_m4b40dKAU51qe0d48o3_250.giftumblr_m4b40dKAU51qe0d48o4_250.gif

Making cute face :D

tumblr_m4b1bvk5Ju1qe0d48o1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_m4b1bvk5Ju1qe0d48o2_400.gif

Dancing time! :D

tumblr_m4az4nPRhU1qe0d48o1_250.giftumblr_m4az4nPRhU1qe0d48o2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m4az4nPRhU1qe0d48o3_250.giftumblr_m4az4nPRhU1qe0d48o4_250.giftumblr_m4az4nPRhU1qe0d48o5_250.gif

credit: magarasama @tumblr

Guest m@m@cit@

great episode again

they are hilarious

I loved the news reading scene

this show must go on... Forever.

Guest rose_liana

More gifs of Shinhwa Broadcast episode 10!

getting angry to Hyesung because HS failed to answer simple question lol

tumblr_m4axve6sA91qe0d48o1_250.giftumblr_m4axve6sA91qe0d48o2_250.gif

tumblr_m4axve6sA91qe0d48o3_250.giftumblr_m4axve6sA91qe0d48o4_250.gif

tumblr_m4axve6sA91qe0d48o6_250.giftumblr_m4axve6sA91qe0d48o7_250.giftumblr_m4axve6sA91qe0d48o8_250.gif

tumblr_m4axve6sA91qe0d48o9_250.giftumblr_m4axve6sA91qe0d48o10_250.gif

Hyesung take revenge on Eric when Eric made mistake lol

tumblr_m4axjxvmUn1qe0d48o2_r1_250.gif

credit: megarasama @tumblr

omg! i just fall in love with these guys!

Came across this article in weibo. Translated by a chinese fan so I did a translation to English.

70172ff9gw1dt58m7zulbj.jpg

To the new generation of idol stars, the footprints that Shinhwa has left over 14 years are a ‘LEGEND’.

‘First generation idol’ Shinhwa wrote a legend

After debuting for 14 years, Shinhwa made a strong comeback to the music and entertainment industries. Named after the group, JTBC variety program ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’ is well received by fans of all ages, becoming the ‘National Idols’. The ratings are steadily increasing,; on the 19 May it hit a record of 1.298% (AGB Media Nelson, nationwide standings). They are no doubt ‘The First Generation of Hallyu Idol Stars’ as not only in Korea, they have large fanbases in China, Japan, Taiwan etc Asian countries. Currently their Asian Tour has gathered about 80,000 fans in total. At their peak, they created another successful era in their history.

Shinhwa ‘destroys’ image; ratings increases.

On 12 May’s ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’ reached ratings of 1.371%, exceeding the 1% mark and on the 19 May it went on to make a record of 1.298%. It maintains its number one, despite airing alongside with other variety programs. The first episode only brought in 0.336% ratings. Since then there hasn’t been a significant rise, disappointing the cast and staff of ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’. However it was ep9 that overcame the benchmark success ratings for cable programs of 1%. All these are attributed to the sacrifices made by the members of Shinhwa.

The Shinhwa members exhibit their hidden sides of themselves through the program. They took the spotlight as SF Heroes, in sports and documentary channels and even created a new term ‘putting oneself down for variety’. In the sports channel, they made ugly faces and played chewing gum archery. In terms of costumes they went all out in the SF Heroes episode where Little Prince Hye Sung wore skin-tight Tarzan suit and Lee Min Woo dressing up as Wonder Woman.

Producer Yoon Hyun Jun explained the reason behind the improving ratings: “There are members who are good in variety and those who are not. However when the 6 of them are together, they perform much better than any MCs in other programs.” He added that the members are not worried about screwing up (their images) and also there is nothing that they would refuse to do.”

Another reason is each member has developed their individualities, particularly for Hye Sung and Andy whose activeness has attracted the audience. Yoon PD commented: “ Hye Sung and Andy are still not perceived as those who would do well in variety. Because they are well-aware of this, as long as there are chances of using body-actions to be funny, they will do their best. Hye Sung has the image of ‘being bullied’ while the youngest Andy also grasped well on his ‘deep hidden gentle’ image.

Oversea fans are also familiar with ‘First Generation Idols’; 30+ years old idols comeback

Shinhwa also earned the recognition of being the ‘First Generation Hallyu Idols’. Comeback title song ‘Venus’ swept the music charts and received number one spot in music programs. Ticket sales for their Asian Tour also broke record, diminishing doubts of whether 30+ years old Shinhwa can successfully make a comeback.

Their Asian tour starts from Seoul and will continue to China, Taiwan and Japan. Recently in Taiwan and Shanghai, each concert had about 8000 fans. According to local media, fans also gathered in airports, on the streets and concert hall grounds. Shinhwa’s popularity once again affirms their title of ‘Asia’s Legend’. The Asian tour will take place at 10 locations and expected total turnout is over 80,000 fans.

Organizers said that Asia has already bestowed Shinhwa the title of ‘Legend’ and it is well-deserved to say that they are the spear headers of the Hallyu wave.

In the idol entertainment industry, it has been asked if 30+ years old idols can still continue to ride on the wave. An insider commented: “There is this burden of ‘wanting to show junior idols the future and direction of 30+ years old idols’. Fortunately because (Shinhwa) being able to look good, has given confidence to the juniors. “ Another source said: “Even though after the Asian Tour the members will concentrate on their solo activities, Shinhwa activity will still continue. They will appear in the weekly ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’ and also prepare for Shinhwa’s albums.

(Original article: Daily Sport)

Archived